• Published 26th Feb 2020
  • 1,098 Views, 98 Comments

Jumper - lollipopchica



Chrysalis never thought anything could come between her and her sister. But when threats, secrets, politics and romance threaten her reality, will she ever be able to look at ponykind the same way again?

  • ...
7
 98
 1,098

Chapter 22

Shining Armor fell onto his bed as he stared up at his ceiling.

He could still hear his sister and her friends celebrating in the backyard.

While neither groups had won last night’s competition, the Rainbooms had placed above Trixie which was a win in Rainbow Dash’s opinion.

DJPON3 and Octavia had put out a feel good anthem that stirred the hearts and rocked the house. It was so catchy, Pinkie Pie had yet to stop singing it.

“Make ‘em go oh, oh, oh! As you shoot ‘em cross the sky-i-iiiiiii...”

At first Twilight had been bummed, but after so many students came up and complimented their performance, she realized it wasn’t because they weren’t good enough. The other song just resonated more with teen spirit and hardships.

Shining Armor had excused himself from their company, needing to get ready to meet up with Chrysalis as they had made plans to talk to about his art project.

His sketch book lay open on the floor with a rough outline of what he planned to draw for the competition.

Chrysalis was so sure of his talent, having bugged him for weeks about submitting a piece.

Now that he’d finally decided to give the idea a shot he felt a burst of creative energy that made him excited. While drawing was something he’d always tinkered in, he never went out of his way to display his talent or offer it up for mass critique.

A picture of Botticelli's Venus lay beside the open sketch book as well. They had talked about the masters and his mind had settled on the prolific painter’s style and subject.

Why not have his goddess of night emerge from the ocean surrounded by the inky bay that he loved to lose himself in. Wrapped in the twilight of the cosmos personifying her mysterious and otherworldly air, his vision would be unique to what he imagined his classmates would try. Chrysalis was the perfect likeness as her looks were unlike anyone else’s at school. If he could pull his idea off, he was sure he’d not only ace his end of the semester project, but maybe even win the contest.

The only thought that gave him pause was how would Cadence react to the amount of time he’d have to spend with other. It was clear to him already that she didn’t like the older girl, though for what reason he hadn’t a clue.

His sister had loved the idea, assuming Cadence would be his ‘Venus.’ The look on her face when he’d informed her that Chrysalis would be his model had made him realize what his actions could look like to a person on the outside.

But Chrysalis was a friend who shared an interest, right? So why not use her?

He hadn’t lied when he said he cared deeply for Cadence, she was a teenage dream he could indulge himself in for hours. He enjoyed the time they spent together, the lite fooling around and getting to know each other- he didn’t have that with Chrysalis.

But did he want to have that with her?

His mind flashed to his less than honorable desires from the other night.

Remember the dance, his mind treacherously supplied. Shining Armor groaned as he thought of the way her body felt flush against his, how she smelled like a dark garden of gardenias and amber musk. He shivered as his body responded to the memory. He’d called her his muse, and she hadn’t rejected the thought, echoing it instead.

Maybe this was a bad idea, he thought with a groan as he adjusted himself in his pants.

*-*-*-*

Lazily lounging around her living room, Chrysalis was dressed in sweats and a t-shirt with her hair pulled back in a sloppy ponytail. Staring at the window, she found herself alone in her family’s home as her sister was out with her friends and her parents were out on a lunch date.

With her phone in hand she casually scrolled through her social media absently checking on her former classmates. Even as her eyes were glued to the celluar device her mind was back in the school gym.

How long had it been since she felt her age?

Laughed and danced and not felt like her limbs were heavy and he-

‘Beware of snakes in the grass, some people are truly the scum of the earth.’ Chrysalis raised a brow at the status update. It was such an epic thing for a Dazzling to say, she thought thinking of the Academy’s resident mean girls. Most of the students were wary of the three, but Chrysalis never really paid them any real attention.

While the trio were drama queens for sure, something about the text stuck out. Maybe she’d ask her cousin about it next time she spoke to her. Checking the time, she realized that she needed to start getting ready for her meeting with Shining Armor.

She was just about to toss her phone down and take a shower when a message popped up from Celestia.

‘Please, don’t be mad, I swear I didn’t say anything!’

“Wha…?” Moments later a loud knock sounded against the front door.

Perking up, she looked towards the front of the house and stood to go answer the door.

‘What’re you talking about?’ She muttered, texting her back as she paused at the door.

A knock sounded again, and the youngling peered through the glass parts of the door and took a step back in surprise.

“Lulu?” Chrysalis exclaimed as she ripped open the door. “What’re you doing here?”

Luna stood anxiously, taking in the sight of her family. “Hey…”

Chrysalis smiled. While mostly confused, she still found herself pleasantly surprised to see the other. She repeated herself with a laugh after she pulled her inside, leading her into the living room.

“I needed to talk to you.” Luna breathed looking as awkward as she felt.

“You came all the way from Canterlot just to talk? I’m flattered but-”

“It’s important…” Why was she acting so weird? Chrysalis thought with a tilt of her head.

“What’s-”

“That night... at that party... Did Regal... Did he hurt you?” She sounded pained as she asked. Chrysalis felt her smile fade as she realized where the conversation was heading. But how did she know, she thought thinking back onto Celestia’s odd text. “He raped you didn’t he?” Luna continued her voice gaining strength. “His friends helped.”

Chrysalis was truly floored. She hadn’t expected this at all.

“It’s not going around school or anything... I figured it out myself.” Luna said in response to the blitz she just hit her cousin with.

Chrysalis wanted to deny it. Wanted to pretend that it was something that she’d left behind like the city she’d forced her family from. The two stood quietly for what felt like an eternity. “How did you find out…” Chrysalis swallowed not looking at the girl who was like a sister.

“Better question-” Luna wet her lips. “Why would you keep this from me?”

“Luna I-“

The preliminaries were done now. “And no bullshit. I wanna know why you felt like you had to shut me out, but not Celestia?” The other teen didn’t have an answer, wincing at the way her face twisted when she said the older girl’s name. “Did you think I wouldn’t believe you? That I’d blame you? That’d I’d treat you poorly?” The alicorn heir was genuinely upset as she beat her chest with an open hand.

Part of her regretted dream jumping immediately, while the other part of her knew that it was necessary as Chrysalis would’ve never told her.

“I… I don’t know what to say…” Chrysalis felt faint. “What do you want from me?” Talk about a sucker punch.

“I want the truth… to hear it from you.”

Walking through the halls of Canterlot Academy with the dreams of her cousin had been a nightmare. Seeing those boys laugh and go about their lives as if they hadn’t tainted a piece of her family’s made her blood boil. And then this newest spectacle floating around the halls… Talks of a girl wronged.

She had needed to see Chrysalis. Hoped that it was just the product of wild dreams. But too much was beginning to make sense.

Angry tears gathered in Chrysalis’ eyes as she sunk down onto the couch. “He told me to keep my mouth shut or he’d hurt someone else.” She pushed wisps of teal hair away from her face as she continued, “I felt like I had no control over my own body… and that’s the worst part. Because ‘I’ hated every minute of it… But I couldn’t stop him… I couldn’t stop any of them… All I could do was lay there… Like a cheap fuckin’ doll.”

Luna felt helpless as she watched the other girl emotionally buckle underneath the weight of what that prick had done to her.

“He... He fuckin’-“

“I know…” Chrysalis exhaled tiredly as she buried her face in her hand. She hadn’t expected this at all. Weekend fuckin’ ruined. There was no way she was going out now.

Luna was silent as she flopped down beside her. “Does Cadence know?” She asked quietly.

“No, and she doesn’t need to. I couldn’t let my sister go there… Not with the possibility… She can call me bug, bitch, slut, whore-“

Luna’s eyes widened as her mouth twisted in anger as she shot up. “She said that?! Where the fuck is she?!”

“I don’t care what she thinks.“ Chrysalis rolled her eyes at the rare yet characteristic display of rage her cousin displayed.

“This... this is wrong.” Luna exclaimed as her own gaze watered as she recalled the laughter and jeers. “She should know... She shouldn’t think of you that way.”

“As a succubus freak?”

“Don’t... don’t talk like that. You’re a fuckin’ Alicorn.” Cobalt eyes blazed. “I wanna fuckin’ kill him. I want to use my bare hands and fuckin’ strangle him!” Her hands moved as if she actually were. Chrysalis didn’t doubt that she’d try. “Next time I see him I-”

“He’s dangerous, Lulu. Stay away from him.” She quickly snagged her wrist and pulled her back down to sit. She’d never forgive herself if something happened to her cousin because of her.

“But-“

“Promise me, you’ll stay away from him!” Why couldn’t she just move on? Why did she have to be the one to face down this demon she hadn’t evoked or asked to deal with? Things were getting better… She’d been doing so well.

“He needs to pay!” The younger exclaimed, outraged.

“Luna!”

“How can you sit there and just take this? You’ve never been afraid of anything! Ever!” As soon as the words left her mouth she regretted them.

Chrysalis recoiled as if struck. “So now this is my fault?” She glared. “Why the fuck would you say that to me? As if me wanting to move on from this makes me a horrible person. He took something that I’ll never get back.”

“That’s... not...” Luna groaned, scrubbing her face with her hands. “That’s not what I meant! I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m so fuckin’ pissed. I want him to suffer for what he did to you! Him and his stupid gang of fucktards... I want to shove my rapier through his body over and over until they drag me away in shackles!” Her cousin was incensed even as she begged forgiveness. “You know you’re worth that right? I’d face him and his goons a thousand times all by myself if it meant protecting you.”

Chrysalis nodded not trusting herself to speak. She knew Luna meant it. Could feel it in her bones. She felt the other throw an arm around her shoulder as she rested her head against her own.

“I’m sorry, Chryssie… For being stupid, for not being able to do anything… I’m so sorry… ”

Chrysalis wiped at her face, “me too…”

*-*-*-*

After being pleasantly surprised by her niece’s presence after her lunch date, Adelpha had spent the rest of her day running some last minute errands. Her changeling senses recognized Chrysalis and Luna in the middle of something private. So she left the two to their own devices after making small talk and giving the younger girl a quick hug.

The heavy emotion in the air was suffocating.

Galaxia had complained about Luna’s recent sulking and bouts of aggression to both her and Justinian. Adelpha having her own share of problems with her daughters, felt for the woman. She couldn’t wait for something to give between her girls. Some days she even considered forcibly making them clear the air. But changeling rearing styles weren’t as soft as pony people’s. And her daughters definitely needed a softer touch these days.

She made a note to talk to Chrysalis, but as usual, something popped up.

Adelpha sat upright in her bed dressed in a posh white buttonup staring at the screen of her laptop as she scrolled through a report. “You’re sure of this?”

“The research speaks for itself,” a changeling scientist named Ichra sighed on the other side of their skype call. “Changelings and pony people are different, Princess. It’s just a fact of life.” Ichra and her team of medical inquisitors were in charge of tracking any medical ailments that involved changelings or persons that they may have had prolonged contact with within a certain time period.

Adelpha had given her medical and census departments clear instructions after having her meeting with Coal days ago.

“I don’t know what to say about this…”

“You’re going to have to come back to Canterlot. We have over 50 documented cases that we’re aware of that span back over the last few years.”

“Why wasn’t I made aware of this?” Adelpha groaned as she dropped her head in her hands.

“The cases were few and far cumulatively,” Ichra shrugged.

“Then how did you make the correlation?” She gestured somewhat wildly.

“Protocol requires that we monitor all known cases like this that have involved a changeling. It’s nothing new, to be honest.”

“I thought TruLuv was supposed to negate this type of thing.”

Thirty years ago a changeling scientist created a biological marvel with magical aspects that sated a changelings need to feed. They called it TruLuv. It was because of this advancement that changelings were allowed to immigrate into Equestrian society. While it provided nourishment that negated a ‘lings need to actively feed, it didn’t stop a changeling’s passive feeding ability which while less filling, didn’t have any negative effects on a ‘ling’s victim.

While some balked at the product, others were more accepting as it made for a more benevolent image that was internationally accepted.

“TruLuv has its drawbacks and yet no one wanted to listen when we tried to warn them. It’s a substitute- not the real thing.”

“Changelings aren’t leeches. TruLuv proves that.”

“Leeches? You sound more and more like a pony person by the day.” Adelpha glared at the face on the screen. The other woman was the least bit intimidated. “We’re predators Adelpha. And while you’d like to believe that your husband isn’t just a meal, our biology and magic suggest different.” Ichra was brilliant but her assessments were often harsh. Not to mention her die hard belief in survival of the fittest.

“Then why hasn’t my family fallen prey to this awful disease?” Adelpha rolled her eyes.

“Because you’re not an active feeder, and it’s not a disease. We may feed on love but we don’t feed on our own relationships. You can’t expect this new generation of ‘domesticated’ changelings to understand that.” Adelpha rolled her eyes at use of the word ‘domesticated.’ “You remember what it was like when TruLuv was first introduced to the collective. It was an adjustment. And now you have these younglings getting a taste of their heritage and it’s addicting. There’s no TruLuv in Equestria to curb their natural inclinations.” Back in the collective, TruLuv was infused in everything and anything edible.

“There’s no place for that type of behavior if we want to maintain our relations with Equestria. Is there anything we could do to maybe mute the instinct?”

“You want to magically castrate your own people?”

“No! Of course not, but for the safety of the collective and Equestrian relations, we have to do something about it. If these illnesses are definitively linked to changelings, the backlash could be enough to close Equestrian doors. Maybe stricter immigration processes?”

“You do realize what you’re suggesting has its own set of difficulties? Making TruLuv a mandatory stipulation to retain citizenship only highlights differences that makes it easier for ‘lings to be discriminated against. Especially if you make a routine requirement on the Equestrian side.”

“We have to think of something. You’re brilliant Ichra, but pony people aren’t stupid. If they manage to link what you have and the right xenophobes hear it, I don’t even want to think about what it would mean for our people. We have to get ahead of this now.”

“Permission to activate Contingency 1357?”

“I’ll have to speak to Justinian first.” While she wasn’t necessarily against the burning process, she couldn’t authorize it in good conscience without speaking to her partner about it first.

“For permission?” The medical officer rolled her eyes. “Last I checked, we took orders from you.”

“And I take advice from Equestrian advisors when my actions have the potential to affect Equestrian lives and jeopardize our presence in this land. How about you not tell me how to do my job, and when I see fit, I’ll allow you to do yours.” The other female straightened at the reprimand. While they may live in Equestria, disrespect to changeling royalty would never be tolerated.

“Yes, Princess.”

“I’ll be in touch.” She closed her laptop with a sigh.

Moments later, Justinian snaked up beside her wrapping his arms around her.

Adelpha was quiet as she was thoughtful.

Her husband placed a kiss against her neck as he buried his face in her hair.

“Did you hear that?” She asked knowing he’d heard it all from the bathroom as he readied himself for bed. She placed the device on her nightstand.

“Everyone knows I wear the pants in this relationship.” He took his time unbuttoning the collared shirt she wore revealing coal dark skin and rose pearlescent midsection.

Adelpha rolled her eyes as she shrugged out of the shirt. “What do you think?”

“That I never cared much for Ichra.” He took a nipple between his teeth as he teased her lightly through her bra.

“Justinian…” Adelpha groaned in annoyance and pleasure.

“I think that Contingency 1357 may be a bit extreme.” He conceded to the seriousness of the topic at hand and gave her his full attention as a diplomat and not a husband trying to bed his wife.

“Then what would you suggest?” Her husband’s honor and dedication to fairness had made him a great advisor to Cosmos. The fact that this sense of duty extended to her kind as well was something that reassured her daily about the type of man she married

“Is death a side effect of this type of feeding?” Justinian traced the skin of her midsection.

Adelpha was silent. “It can be, but it’s rare…” She burrowed into his warmth and looked up into his face. “Most changelings that feed this way know better.”

“But Ichra said it’s the younglings who have no experience?”

“Yes.”

“Anyone suspected of feeding this way should be deported immediately.” His answer was quick.

“No criminal charges?” She studied her fingernails making a mental note to get a manicure next chance she got.

“I’d need to speak with my brother… We would need to have court with King Cosmos as ambassadors.”

“And for the ones entering the country?”

“You could talk to your mother about re-instating infiltrator castes.”

“You mean actual classes as a part of the process on the collective’s side?” The idea was a good one. The caste classes had had very strict requirements resulting in a skill set that had served the collective for a millennia before Equestria had opened its doors. The training ensured that infiltrators were flawless in their craft and meticulously cautious with their harvesting.

“Yes. This doesn’t have to be an issue of concern for Equestria if Cerci is willing to handle it before it ever reaches Equestrian borders.”

She wanted to speak more, but found herself on her back as her husband made to finish what he’d started earlier.

Author's Note:

A/N: Here's an update! Sorry, I lost my internets for a bit! But hopefully all should be well for now.