• Published 26th Feb 2020
  • 1,100 Views, 98 Comments

Jumper - lollipopchica



Chrysalis never thought anything could come between her and her sister. But when threats, secrets, politics and romance threaten her reality, will she ever be able to look at ponykind the same way again?

  • ...
7
 98
 1,100

Chapter 20

Posing in the dressing room, Cadence pouted sultrily as she snapped a picture in her latest dress. She pressed ‘send’ and began changing back into her street clothes waiting for a response from her only available shopping buddy.

All of her friends were ‘busy’ with their Battle of the Band preparations.

The dress she tried on was a sleeveless mermaid styled dark evening dress with a high split and a deep v-neck that made her feel untouchable.

RegalKing69: Who are u supposed to be Jeweled Robin, from Pretty Woman?

Cadence snorted with a laugh as she messaged him back.

CandiePrincess93: *Shocked emoji* This dress is gorgeous!

RegalKing69: If ure tryna fuck it is *drooling emoji*... R u??? *eyes emoji*

CandiePrincess93: *Eyeroll emoji* So that’s a no?

RegalKing69: You look good in it... I’m just saying unless ure trying to bust it open, I’d wear something else.

CandiePrincess93: *unamused emoji*

RegalKing69: *Laughing emoji w/ cold sweat* J/k. j/k. Aren’t you dancing w/ your friends? I think that dress would be hard to move in, tbh. Maybe something shorter and a little more playful?

CandiePrincess93: Now that I can work with. Who said you were useless??

RganKing69: *smug emoji* *winky face emoji*

Giggling, at her old crush, Cadence set out to find a different dress.

One day, she’d have to catch up with him properly.

*******

Adelpha watched as her oldest daughter went about making her muting potion.

“How’re things with Dr. Clayhoof?” She asked as she sipped carefully on a cup of hot tea.

Chrysalis shrugged as she added a scoop of bearglove to her mug. “It’s okay, she’s scary though.”

Her mother smiled. “Changelings are naturally emotionally intuitive. How’s it feel to meet someone as straightforward as you?” Chrysalis frowned to which Adelpha chuckled. “How’re you liking the potions?”

“They’re gross, but I like them well enough.” She mixed up the concoction before preparing herself to down it.

“Your Grandmother asked about you today.” The teen didn’t seem too bothered. “We’re all going for winter holiday. I talked it over with her.”

“Really?”

“Yes. You were right- we all need the experience I think. Plus, it’d be nice to have a family vacation.”

“Vacation? To the ‘Badlands’?”

“My mother is a lot of things. But she’s still my mother. And the Badlands are actually quite beautiful. It’s only called the Badlands because of... well because of Pony people.”

Chrysalis nodded, remembering how in class they talked about the land being molded by magic which allowed changelings to live there as originally it’d been a wasteland. The changeling collective rested in a desert oasis. People said it was like a dark mirage in red sands. “How’s Dad feel about it?”

“Antsy.” Adelpha laughed.

“I don’t blame him.” The story of her grandmother’s anger was legendary. “But at least you married into royalty I guess.” She blew on the bubbling concoction before taking a sip. “Maybe… I should speak to herself some…”

Her mother was pleasantly surprised. “That’s a thought I’m sure she’d get a kick out of.” A comfortable silence settled over the two. “I thought you were doing the whole homecoming bit tonight?”

“Just the dance, not the game.” Chrysalis cringed before forcing herself to chug it, mostly choking on it.

Her mother snickered at the spectacle. “When will your friends be over?” Tea was definitely the way to go.

Chrysalis opened her mouth only for the doorbell to ring. “That should be them now!”

*******

The game had ended decisively in Baylot’s favor.

With another victory secured for the football team, the entire student body was amped for the dance.

When Shining Armor saw his date for the night, his response was the same as his teammates when the beautiful teen strutted up to him confidently.

“Cadence, you look...” The short plum colored dress with its tulle skirts and sweetheart neckline made her look like a teenage dream. With gem embellishments on the bodice and ankle strapped stiletto heels, the dancer looked beautiful. Her tri-colored locks were pinned in a updo with soft curls falling out attractively.

“Beautiful?” She giggled as she pressed against him and stole a kiss. The guys around whistled and clapped.

“Yea,” he chuckled embarrassed by the attention. He really was lucky, he reminded himself as he embraced the most beloved girl in school.

Across the gym, Fluffle, Maud, Chrysalis and Mud Briar entered looking around at the festive venue. Fluffle signed enthusiastically to her friend.

‘Aren’t you glad you came?’

Chrysalis smiled, managing to understand. The girls had fawned over each other back at her house as they excitedly dressed for the dance. Mud Briar had picked them up later.

Maud’s style was chic and clean with its 60s sheath appeal while Fluffle looked like a sugar queen with her short, pink, puffy dress.

“Very.” The teens milling about looked to be having a good time moving to the music.

They looked onstage to see DJ Pon-3 putting on a show.

Fluffe signed something about grabbing drinks.

“Can you grab me something too, Mud Briar?”

The older boy agreed and he and Fluffle were off to grab punch from the refreshments table.

Chrysalis had wanted to say something but found herself lurching into Maud Pie’s arms as someone bumped into her rather hard.

“Watch where you’re going!” She sniped over her shoulder before righting herself.

“Sorry... I... Chrysalis?”

She stiffened as she locked eyes with Shining Armor.

Maud subtly raised an eye as she took in the two’s response to each other. The boy was just staring, though she couldn’t blame him. Attitude aside, Chrysalis was a very attractive girl.

The dark skinned teen was dressed in a satin turquoise colored free flowing gown that showed off her long sculpted legs. With a plunging criss-crossed halter, the dress was edgy and sophisticated. She matched it with dark strappy high heeled sandals, while her normally straight hair was styled away from her face giving her a sleek and polished appeal.

Shining Armor had never met a teen who looked so classy and salacious at the same time. It was baffling that no one had approached her. He found he couldn’t stop staring at her even though he knew he was openly gaping and not in a way that was decent.

“Shining Armor!”

Biting the inside of her cheek, Maud cleared her throat. “I’ll be back,” she melted into the crowd so she could stealthily observe the two.

He nodded at the eldest Pie sister before turning his attention to the feminine body in front of him.

“Chrysalis... you...”

“This isn’t my scene, I know, but Maud and Fluffle were insistent and honestly... I kinda just wanted to come.” It’d been a while since she dressed up for a school event.

He smiled goofily. “I was going to say you look stunning.” And she did with her sultry eyes and perfectly painted lips that were begging to be ruined. It was odd the feelings she stirred in him.

Her smile was soft. “You here alone?”

“Uh.... no... I came with Cadence. Who speaking of which, I probably need to get back to.” He really needed to focus on his date instead of lusting after his... ‘friend.’

“Oh. Well enjoy your night.”

He moved away just as Flash Magnus approached her.

“Hey, Chrysalis, you wanna dance?”

“That depends... You any good?”

The thought of Flash’s hands on her bothered him more than he liked to admit. Pushing the odd thoughts away, he managed to find his date and somehow they all ended up in the same area dancing, and laughing.

“Isn’t this fun?” Cadence was saying.

“Maybe for you!” Shining Armor joked trying to keep up.

As Shining Armor danced with Cadence, he couldn’t help but think of Chrysalis.

He watched her dance circles around Flash Magnus, laughing and flirting in a way he’d never seen her do before. There was something so familiar about her and yet he really didn’t know much about her at all.

‘You’re just stuck on her ‘cause she reminds you of a certain someone who’s fallen off the face of the earth...’ He thought to himself.

“Hey,” Cadence pulled his attention back to herself.

“You with me?” She asked staring up at him from underneath long lashes.

He smiled. “Of course, I’m with you.”

“I didn’t think I’d like anything about Baylot High... I mean Canterlot had everything I could’ve possibly wanted.”

“Yeah?

“Everything except you...”

She leaned forward and kissed him as one of her hands sneakily grazed his crotch making him groan.

“Cadence...”

“Just making sure I still turn you on,” she joked with a wink.

******

“You having a good time?” Maud asked after stealing her friend away from Flash Magnus.

“I am actually...”

“I’m glad.”

“Fluffle was right...”

“Sooo... What was that?”

Chrysalis laughed. “Flash? He’s a nice boy, but he’s definitely not my type. Besides I think your sister’s friend has a thing for him.”

“Clueless you are not, Chrys. I’m talking about Shining Armor...”

“Oh... we’re friends...”

Maud pursed her lips with a bored expression.

Just then Fluffle and Mud Briar reappeared with punch cups.

“Mud Briar, why don’t you take Maud around the floor. She was just telling me she’d love a dance.”

At the look on Maud’s face, Chrysalis knew she could only avoid the other’s questioning for just so long.

Mud Briar swept his date away allowing Chrysalis a sigh of relief.

Fluffle wiggled her hips, and raised her brows suggestively as she offered her free hand.

With a playful eye roll, the changeling teen obliged and the two girls began to dance to DJ Pon-3’s wild style.

The night continued and everyone was enjoying their cliques and the limited supervision.

Needing a break, a breathless Chrysalis sought refuge by the refreshments table enjoying the night in a way she hadn’t in a long time.

“I didn’t know you danced...”

She felt his presence and continued to take in the scene around her. “There’s a lot you don’t know about me...”

“And whose fault is that?” Shining Armor’s voice sounded close to her ear making her shiver.

“Where’s your ‘date?’” She asked turning around.

“My sister stole her... I swear Twilight seems to like her more than I do.” He rolled eyes as he spoke candidly. Chrysalis rose a brow. “I mean she’s nice and any guy would be lucky- I mean I am lucky... It’s just annoying sometimes.”

“You trying to sell me or yourself?”

Shining Armor grimaced before shaking his head. “You want to dance?” He asked suddenly.

She looked surprised. “I don’t know if that’s a good idea. What about Cadence?”

“It’s just a dance... We’re friends? Right?”

Chrysalis recalled the way he cradled her face in the broom closet and how he held her that night on the beach. He’d called her a ‘friend’ then too. “I don’t know...”

“Please?”

She relented at the boyish pouting he seemed too good at.

The two were awkward at first as one of his hands came to rest on her waist and the other grasped her own. Her free hand paused on his shoulder. They swayed quietly to the song until Shining Armor spoke again.

“You really do look amazing...” He squeezed her waist ever so slightly.

“Thanks...” She managed willing her speeding heart to slow.

“I was thinking about what you said…” The hand on her waist moved to the small of her back as he pulled her in closer, delighted to find that her dress was practically backless. “About my drawing...”

“And...” She squeaked startled and warmed by this new closeness.

“I think I’m gonna do it.”

“That’s great!” She allowed her arm to wrap around his shoulder, relaxing and moving more fluidly.

Some people had begun to take notice of the school’s golden boy dancing with the resident reject.

“I was hoping you’d let me... sketch you...”

“Me?!”

“Yea... why not? You could be my muse.”

Chrysalis blushed “A goddess of inspiration?“ He’d told her so many stories, even if he didn’t know it.

Shining Armor smirked, pleasantly surprised. “Yea, like that.”

“Yours specifically?” Encouraged by the thought, she pressed against him savoring these feelings.

Shining Armor swallowed, as he held her flush to his body now. “Yes. Mine.” There was something painfully familiar and comfortable about her presence. “It’d only be fair since it was your suggestion.”

Against her better judgment, Chrysalis found herself grinning up at him as a mix of feelings sated her. Something was happening between the two of them and neither were in a hurry to dissect it.

Just as easy as it was to fall into this spell, the two were interrupted by a familiar tone.

Author's Note:

I honestly can't wait for these two to get together 💖

But an update for those who're still interested.