• Published 26th Feb 2020
  • 1,100 Views, 98 Comments

Jumper - lollipopchica



Chrysalis never thought anything could come between her and her sister. But when threats, secrets, politics and romance threaten her reality, will she ever be able to look at ponykind the same way again?

  • ...
7
 98
 1,100

Chapter 1

'Look at her body!' One of the boys jeered.

‘Ewww! What a freak!’

‘Stop it!’ Chrysalis’ voice slurred as she weakly tried to fend away rough hands snatching at her flesh.

What was happening to her? She felt so cold and everything felt so out of focus. It looked like some random bedroom but she couldn’t tell.

‘Now who’s laughing?’ Someone sneered in her ear. She felt something hard and jagged clamp down on her inner thigh making her body arch, as a pain laden moan bubbled out of her throat.

‘The slut likes it!’ Someone snickered.

‘Let’s see what else you like!’

Bright colored eyes shot open in panic as the coal skinned teenager jerked awake. Her heart thundered wildly in her chest as she struggled to breathe normally.

Glancing around wildly, she visibly relaxed when she realized she was in her own bedroom. No teenage boys or foul drinks in sight.

Curling into a ball on her side, tears pooled in her eyes as the anxious teen fought for control over her body.

“You can’t let him win…” She whispered angrily into the air. ‘He can’t win… You’re not… I’m not a slut. There’s nothing wrong with me. I’m not…” She swallowed the lump of loathing in her throat as she blinked away tears.

Chrysalis had never been a morning person, but now it seemed even harder.

She could hear the rest of her family gearing up for the day.

“Cadence!” Her mother’s voice sounded from the kitchen. “Hurry up or you’ll be late!”

Adelpha Regina was changeling royalty sent to Equestria to foster a partnership between the Changeling collective and Ponykind. The Changeling princess had always been fascinated by the way Ponies lived and pursued her assignment with gusto. Her efforts resulted in a Changeling Embassy that she served in as a liaison between the two governments.

Chrysalis could imagine her mother dressed for the day in her usual pristine pant suit. With coal colored skin, rose wavy locks and eyes, Adelpha was an exotic woman in the lighter land of Equestria. Unlike the rounded features of pony people, her features were sharper and her build was lithe and tall.

“I’m coming, Mom!” She heard her sister’s reply.

“Wake your sister on your way by!” Their Mother asked kindly.

“She can wake herself!” Came Cadence’s petulant reply.

“Cadenza, stop being a brat and wake your sister!” She heard her father grumble up the stairs annoyed with her behavior. “And hurry up I still have to pick up your cousin!”

With cotton colored skin and thick wavy hair, Justinian Liberatem was an esteemed lawmaker and a member of the royal Alicorn family from Canterlot. Shrewd and sarcastic, her father was known for his sense of justice and his desire to serve. While Chrysalis physically took more after her mother, she could always count on her father to understand her.

She could hear her sister sulking outside of her door. “Chryssie, get up!” Cadence yelled as she banged on her door. “Luna will be here soon.”

Chrysalis perked at the mention of her cousin. She hadn’t seen Luna since school let out for the summer. Had it really only been a couple of months?

“Did you hear me?” Cadence banged again making her groan.

Cadence hovered near her door until she heard her sister’s bed creak and shift as the other moved around finally getting up.

Cadence had definitely inherited their mother’s expressive disposition, a fact she was proving right now with her attitude.

“Aren’t you going to come inside?” Chrysalis asked through the door.

Cadence scowled. “No… I can love you from here.” She closed her eyes and focused on their bond. Her body shone with the manifestation of her magic. She let the love roll off her in waves. After a minute or two, she stopped and stepped away from the door.

While Chrysalis seemed to lack any magical abilities, Cadence was a prodigy gifted in love magic. A tidbit that excited her mother beyond imagine.

When Justinian and Adelpha married, they never considered children. Chrysalis was a surprise. Due to her dual nature the child was different. It seemed that her pony heritage and her changeling heritage had twisted her in a way. She was an anomaly that couldn’t feed herself passively the way true changelings did, nor did she have any magic. At first it was exhausting for Adelpha. So much so that she employed a changeling nanny to help feed her child.

A year later and Cadence was a miracle. When the couple found out about their second child, Adelpha used what she knew about magic to nourish her baby in the wound.

The result was a baby strong in love magic and more pony like in appearance. The couple concluded that their first child developed the way she did due to a deficiency in love.

From then on, Cadence and Chrysalis were inseparable. What began as a necessity, turned into a genuine bond of sistership that neither imagined would be broken.

“Goodluck with your dance tryouts,” Chrysalis opened her door to look at her younger sister. Cadence was dressed in a pair of yoga pants and a cropped fitness top.

The younger was of average height with a glorious mane of rose, gold, and magenta. Her eyes were a lively shade of taffy that seemed to sparkle in the light. Trim and feminine, one could see how dance had toned her body.

Chrysalis, on the other hand, had their mother’s dark skin and straight shiny hair the same shade of teal as their father. Her eyes were a bright chartreuse, making for an alluring sight.

Lithe and tall to Cadence’s buxomness, the two sisters’ were quite the contrast.

“Tch, like you care.” Cadence huffed and took her leave immediately.

Chrysalis stared after her with a mixture of hurt and indignation. She hoped Luna would be there soon.

“Are you ready?” Adelpha looked to her youngest as she grabbed the keys to the car.

“Yes.” Cadence said moving into the kitchen bypassing a plate of pancakes for a quick meal.

“And you loved your sister?”

“Yea, I gave my ‘sister’ love.” She rolled her eyes as she rummaged through the fridge. She hated that sometimes her parents treated her like her sister’s meal ticket. She was more than Chrysalis’ keeper.

“I don’t know what happened between the two of you-“ Justinian began as he walked up dressed in slacks and a button up.

“Dad, can we not?” Cadence interrupted with a deep frown. “I have my tryouts in less than an hour!”

Her father narrowed his eyes but let the issue go. Technically it was Chrysalis’ fault Cadence needed to go to these tryouts anyway. New school, new problems. He supposed he couldn’t be too upset at her behavior, but he definitely didn’t like it. “Fine,” he conceded, “but this is the last time I’m going to talk to you about it.”

His threat made her scowl as she scampered away to the car with a cup of yogurt.

Adelpha shrugged at the incredulous look on her husband’s face. Teenage girls were something else. She kissed his cheek and passed him his coffee and keys.

“I’ll see you tonight.” He called over his shoulder as he hurried out the door.

Looking around her room, Chrysalis settled on a baggy pair of jeans, her favorite halter and a pair of sneakers. Once she finished dressing she went downstairs just in time to see her mother leaving with her Uncle as her cousin arrived.

“Luna!” She greeted rushing forward to hug the dark blue skinned beauty with hair that sparkled like stars.

“Chrysalis!” Luna smirked as she returned the other’s embrace.

Being a member of the Alicorn family was rough.

Because their father currently occupied the throne, Luna and her sister were expected to travel a certain path. Their schooling and extracurricular activities reflected that. It was for this reason the teens saw little of each other over the summer. It was also the reason Luna didn’t comment when her cousin held onto her a little longer than necessary.

“How was that ‘Gifted School’?” Chrysalis blanched once she pulled away.

“Boring!” Luna groaned playfully. “But at least it’s done.” She allowed her gaze to travel over the girl, noting the way her jeans barely clung to her waist. “Aunt Adelpha cook this morning? I’m starving!”

“Oh yea,” Chrysalis blushed, “in here.”

The two girls moved into the kitchen so they could sit and eat. A plate full of waffles and eggs sat in the center of the table between them. Chrysalis grabbed plates from the cupboard and distributed the food.

They ate as they caught up.

“How does Celie like Canterlot U?” She asked thinking of the pale fuchsia skinned girl with celestial flowing locks and lavender eyes. Celestia was two years her senior. This year would be her first year of college.

“She loves it…”Luna rolled her eyes. “But then again you know her. She started a whole summer early.”

“Is she still majoring in Pre-Law?” Her heart ached at the thought of her cousin so far away.

“Of course.”

Chrysalis hummed, enjoying something other than animosity.

“Celie says you and Cadie won’t be coming back to the Academy this year… Is it true?” Cobalt eyes studied the girl across from her. “And you quit dancing? What about fencing?”

Chrysalis stilled and refused to meet her gaze. She took a sip of orange juice before answering. “Yea…”

Luna waited for her to elaborate, frowning when she didn’t. “Chryssie… It’s practically our last year. Why wouldn’t you want to go?”

Chrysalis shook her head as she tried to contain her emotion. “I just don’t like it there anymore.” Silence. “Did Celestia say something to you?” She’d spent quite a chunk of time with the older girl before she left. Luna shook her head ‘no.’ “Can we leave it at that?”

“No.” Luna swallowed at the haunted look in bright eyes when her cousin’s attention finally snapped to her. Celestia had been irritable the whole time she was home. Now it seemed there was a reason why.

“I’m really glad to see you, you know that?” Chartreuse eyes were glassy as the younger teen turned to wipe at them. “I missed you a lot this summer.”

Her cousin would not be swayed. “Daddy said you blackmailed Uncle Justin into it by running away… A heavy silence settled over the two. “Why would you do that?”

“Chrysalis…”

“What’re you doing here? This is the girl’s locker room. Get out!”

“Is that anyway to speak to a friend?” Regal Royale had mahogany colored skin splattered with freckles. With light hazel eyes and thick dark hair, most girls thought him handsome- Cadence included.

Chrysalis hated him.

“You’re not my friend! You’re a disgusting creep that doesn’t know the meaning of the word.”

His smirk turned into something ugly before he sprung forward and pinned her roughly against the lockers behind her.

“Let me go!“ His hand wrapped around her throat and squeezed. She scratched at his face with one hand while the other tried to pry his grip away.

Regal’s face twisted before he yanked her forward and bashed her head against the wall so hard that she saw stars. Chrysalis crumpled in pain when he released her.

“You best keep quiet about what happened.”

“Go to hell,” she moaned.

“I hear your sister has a crush on me.”

“You stay away from her!” She stared up at him with as much defiance as she could muster.

“I’m glad we found some common ground.”

He turned to leave, but stopped halfway. “If you ever want to…” He allowed his sentence to trail suggestively much to her disgust. His laughter was mocking. “I’ll see you around, Chrysalis.”

The darker teen couldn’t stop the tears from falling.

Later when she’d arrived home, she swore she’d never return to that school.

“Chrysalis?” Luna’s concerned tone pulled her from her thoughts.

“Are you done?” Chrysalis asked stonily standing with her plate.

“Chrys-“

“Are you done?” She asked again with a firmer tone.

Luna took a breath to steady her own breathing. Something was going on and she didn’t think she liked it.

Author's Note:

Teen drama at its finest... Again, keep an open-mind and just fall down this rabbit hole with me.