• Published 26th Feb 2020
  • 1,100 Views, 98 Comments

Jumper - lollipopchica



Chrysalis never thought anything could come between her and her sister. But when threats, secrets, politics and romance threaten her reality, will she ever be able to look at ponykind the same way again?

  • ...
7
 98
 1,100

Chapter 38

Author's Note:

Hello all!

Hope everyone is doing well! Definitely haven't forgotten this story. Got a new job and moved to a new place! There was a lot going on that I had to prepare for and make arrangements for!

This'll be a big update to make up for being MIA.

Just know I am dedicated to finishing this wild ass tale. Things will be a lil spicy from here on out.

You'll notice a very slight time jump as I'm trying not to drag this story out. I, too, will be excited for an ending. haha.

-Lolli C

Any-who! Here we are, and enjoy!

Queen Cersei was a domineering woman known for her sharpness and calculating nature.

Her duty to her country was everything.

As she stared out her office onto the twinkling society before her, she let herself relax as she spoke to her only daughter over the phone. She listened to the emotive ling with a patient curiousness she reserved only for her brood.

Her Adelpha had always been a bit more unconventionally idealistic and rebellious.

She’d even married a pony person.

At least it was a prince, Cersei conceded grudgingly.

Her son-in-law was well-mannered even if she thought his ideals and sense of self were a little inflated. Sentient though they were, pony people were ultimately a source of food and Cersei always found it amusing that anything like that would take itself so seriously in face of a naturally predatory species like her own.

Perception was reality, and to a changeling, pony people would always rank lower. It was simply nature.

But, Cersei digressed as she focused on her ailing daughter. The nature of the conversation truly left a bad taste in her mouth. While she wasn’t surprised about what upset her daughter, she was very aware of her limitation with what she was proposing.

“My love, what is it that you plan to do?” She asked after her daughter had finished her tale.

“I think it would be in both of my daughter’s interest if they were to take up their changeling citizenship and accept their place as Daughters of the Collective.”

“I see... But the decision would not be mine alone you understand. They may be of royal blood, but not in upbringing. You, better than anyone, should know that.”

“I am aware of that, Mother, but with their ties and difference in ability, I am sure the people would see this as an asset to our collective overall.” Adelpha gathered herself and swallowed her true feelings. “It would give us leverage that would all but guarantee a political relationship of affinity. I don’t doubt Celestia’s intention to pick up where her father will leave off. She’s well-liked and respected enough to secure the throne if she ever wants it. Chryssie is very close with her.”

“An alicorn halfling with love magic, and her sister with the same lineage and abilities of our own... I doubt they’d accept Cadence without her sister and it sounds as if you’d like them both to have this opportunity to lead a different life.” Cersei was thoughtful. “Have you discussed this dual citizenship with your husband?”

Silence.

“Adelpha?”

“This is a Collective matter, something he has no say in.”

“You truly are serious then.” Cersei blinked in surprise. She knew what it cost her to say that. Her poor child. “I will do as you ask, but realize that once this is done, there is no undoing it. They would have certain responsibilities to uphold and one of them would have no choice but to take the throne when they come of age.”

“I am aware.”

“I never thought I’d see the day...” But that wasn’t entirely true. Sometimes the truth was a bitter pill to swallow. There would always be irreconcilable differences between the two races. At least changelings bore no ill-will.

“Do you hate me for being so selfish?” That sounded more like the child who tested her patience time and time again. “Am I awful for doing this?”

Cersei smiled lovingly as her bright eyes roamed over the dark city before her, “I’m proud of you. A mother’s love sometimes comes with great sacrifice to herself. I will take it before the house tomorrow. If they agree it will be done within the week.”