• Published 26th Feb 2020
  • 1,100 Views, 98 Comments

Jumper - lollipopchica



Chrysalis never thought anything could come between her and her sister. But when threats, secrets, politics and romance threaten her reality, will she ever be able to look at ponykind the same way again?

  • ...
7
 98
 1,100

Chapter 40

Author's Note:

Be warned: This one is a little graphic.

I have had this part written since I first posted this story. Haha. I decided to break it up to move the story along as I felt a change of pace might be needed.

The next update shouldn't take nearly as long as this one.

Enjoy!

“Are you going to tell me what happened?”

Shining Armor gripped the wheel of his Sabre Turbo.

Twilight looked at her brother with deep concern.

“It’s not my story to tell.”

She nodded, not liking it but respecting that something traumatic had happened. “What does this mean for the two of you? What about Cadence?”

‘You have to tell someone, Chryssie! You can’t keep this a secret!’

‘You’re right, but not until I’ve talked to Cadence!’

‘What?!’

‘She needs to know the truth. I need to tell her. I need her to understand.’

‘This is-‘ At the look on her face he stopped. ‘I hate this,’ he growled.

“It means I’m with her no matter what. I could care less what anybody from school thinks or says. Especially Cadence and I say that with no animosity.”

Twilight nodded. “I’ll stand with her too.” If the older boy was surprised, he didn’t show it.” She knew exactly what to say afterward...”

“Twiley...”

“She reacted so strongly.... I won’t say anything, but I have your back too.”

When the duo arrived at school, the siblings saw the two sisters emerging from their father’s vehicle.

“Before you make a scene at least don’t parade your relationship in Cadance’s face if you can help it.” He gave her a look, to which she rolled her eyes. “Allow me.” She got out the car and began to make her way towards her friend.

Twilight called out to Cadence and waved. Cadence returned the gesture and the bookworm went to her, looping arms and pulling her towards the school. She looked back to her brother and tilted her head in the direction of the Halfling teen.

He shook his head and took his time getting out of his car and moving to the other girl who stood awkwardly, probably waiting for Maud and Fluffle.

“Hey...”

“Shining Armor,” she greeted shyly avoiding his eyes.

He took her hand in his causing her to tense.

Didn’t he care that people could see?

As if sensing her thought, he pulled her forward into his body and kissed her soundly as most of the school gawked. “Let them talk,” he whispered into her mouth as he held her tightly. “All I care about is you.”

Her shock turned into a hum of pleasure. When he pulled away, she gifted him with a smile that made her whole face light up. “Whatever you need...” He assured ignoring the gaping of half their class.

“Well that was quite the display,” Maud teased with a raised brow. Fluffle nodded enthusiastically. The two had walked up on the kissing duo with matching conspiratorial grins. The older girl sobered and looked her friend in face. “Whenever you want to talk, we’re here to listen. No rush and no judgement.”

Fluffle concurred with a solemn expression that didn’t fit her cheerful personality.

The changeling teen felt a wave of warmth from the concern and support of her friends.

“Let’s get to class,” Chrysalis deflected embarrassed and secretly delighted by the attention of her friends. The trio traded looks picking up on the shaky tone of her voice and glassy shine of her eyes.

The other night before…

Why was Regal texting her?

“One of your best poses...” The caption read, “You on your back! XD”

Something told her not to look. To just ignore it and go to sleep, but her fingers responded before her brain could even make the decision to follow her instincts.

“You think your boyfriend wants to see? A changeling in its natural habitat. Cadie says ‘hi’!”

At the image on her phone, Chrysalis felt her heart stop.

All of her thoughts came to a crashing halt.

‘Stop it!’ Chrysalis’ voice slurred as she weakly tried to fend away rough hands snatching at her flesh.

No, no, no, no, no... Anywhere but there! She couldn’t be back in that room... Not again. Not ever again.

Her skin color had changed? Again? What was happening and who were these bleary shapes? As much as she tried to fight the haze that draped itself over her thoughts and limbs, she could not. Her face twisted as confusion ran rampant and her eyelids were too heavy to keep open.

“She feels so different.” The voice was muffled, like she was hearing underwater.

“Tits are tits, fucktard. Take one in your mouth!”

The teen girl’s breath hitched at the sensation. She wanted to flinch away but lacked the strength. The eagerness in the air made her anxious as fear tickled her spine.

What was happening to her?

What was happening to her?

“Chryssie...!” This voice was frantic and familiar. “Chrysalis what’s happening? What’s wrong??”

Celie...?

Her phone was pressed against her ear and she vaguely comprehended that she must’ve dialed her cousin in distress. The changeling teen anxiously took in her surroundings through blurry vision.

She didn’t remember leaving her house, but here she was on side of Conzelman Road staring ahead at the great bridge structure before her.

“He sent me a video, Celestia...” Had Regal been watching that? All this time? Seeing her... reliving it... “He sent a video!” She repeated feeling more and more panicked as the realization sunk in.

“Chryssie, calm down! Who sent you-”

“Regal sent me a video, Celestia!” Her body shuddered violently with each breath she drew in. “He sent a fucking video!” She sobbed. “What am I supposed to do? What if...” He’d shown other people?

“Chryssie!”

“I can’t do this anymore...I can’t...” she growled before chucking her phone as far and hard as she could. The teen sunk to her knees as she tore her fingers through her hair.

Why was this happening?

*-*-*-*-*

Call me.

Celestia stared at the text she’d just sent her cousin before her first class of the day. She couldn’t help but want to check in on her.

She’d spoken to her every day this week since that day.

She knew the attention was probably suffocating, but the older girl just couldn’t find a reason to care. She’d almost lost her and there had been nothing she could’ve done to stop it.

Celestia stood in the middle of the dining hall with a horrified expression on her face as the line went dead.

The panic that had swallowed her was unlike anything that she had ever felt.

“What does that mean?” Celestia thought frantically as her heart raced and her adrenaline kicked in. There was the sound of wind and cars. She’d heard that. “What did she mean?”

“Celestia?”

“Celestia...”

She needed to get to Bay City. It didn’t matter how late it was or that people were beginning to stare.

“I have to go...”

“What? It’s like eight in the evening-“

“Celestia where’re you-“

She fought and shrugged away from the concerned hands of her college classmates. She needed to leave.

Now.

Rushing out into the night air as she still clutched her phone, she looked around desperately as if the ancient grounds of her school had the answers.

She needed to find her car.

Did she park on D street last night or Seventh? She moved in one direction, shook her head and then went the opposite way. She’d parked on Seventh because she promised to give another student a ride in the morning.

But that didn’t matter anymore because Chryssie needed her.

Chrysalis, who was...

Who was over three hours away.

She slowed as reality caught up to her.

She could be gone in that amount of time. She could be...

“I can’t do this anymore...I can’t...”

The older girl swallowed, haunted by the thought.

She tried to call her back, but the line went straight to voicemail every time.

Her thoughts flashed to another friendly face she knew in Bay City.

She searched for a contact and prayed the girl would answer.

“Hello?”

“Twilight!”

“Celestia? Hey! How’re-“

“I’m sorry Twilight but if you care about being my friend- You have to help me.”

*-*-*-*-*

Shining Armor pulled the teen in his arms closer to himself.

It was lunchtime and the duo sat beneath the old oak Chrysalis and her friends usually sat around. Maud and Fluffle had chosen to give the two some privacy as it was clear the elder Sparkle wanted to spend private time with her.

“I’m not some fragile damsel,” Chrysalis sighed annoyed and amused by his behavior.

“Whatever you say, Nyx.” She tensed at his tone.

The chill of the Bay night could not be denied as Shining Armor found himself tearing through the streets first in his car, and then on foot.

Twilight and Maud were on their way to Cadence and Chrysalis’ house while he found himself racing to the Great Bay Bridge. He doubted the changeling teen would be there, but sent his sister with ‘her’ friend anyway. Twilight couldn’t drive and Maud had a car.

Everything had been fine until his sister burst into his room in crisis mode.

Twilight was known to have random bursts of anxiety, so he wasn’t terribly concerned. But then she started saying things about Chrysalis and words like ‘changeling’ and ‘assault,’ an awful realization fell upon him.

How could he have been so blind? Everything he’d seen and heard about her now felt obvious.

All this time.

It was her and he hadn’t even realized... Or hadn’t he? Nyx was roguish and unapologetic in everything she said or did. Chrysalis was much the same way with a regal air of pride that refused to let her bend or break.

While one bled and agonized, the other glared at the world and dared anyone to cross her wrongly.

Finally, he could make out a feminine figure in the night clinging to the massive coiled suspension ropes as they stood atop the rail of the Great Gold Bridge. The relief he felt was short lived as the gusts of the wind that flowed through the bay were known for their strength and intensity.

“Chrysalis…”

Chrysalis’ heart stung as she heard the sound of her real name instead of his nickname.

The feel of his disgust hurt more than anything had in a while.

“No Nyx?”

“Chrysalis…” He sounded so pained.

“You must think I’m awful.” She laughed deprecatingly.

“I don’t know what to think…” And he didn’t. He was hurt at being in the dark, and furious that this had happened at all. How could someone treat someone so terribly?

“Are you sure? Emotions don’t lie.”

“Chrysalis… I…” Shining Armor tensed as she swayed in the breeze. “Please come down!”

“I don’t want to.”

“I thought you said you weren’t going to jump.” He reminded her desperately.

“I’m not, but if you come too close you might spook me and I’ll fall.”

“Chryssie…” He begged wanting to surge forward but afraid that she might actually jump.

“What did my sister say to you?”

He balked at the question, vocalizing his true feelings. Who cared what Cadence thought, couldn’t she see she was way more important to him? “You lied. You’ve been lying this whole time… I waited for you all this time.”

“I didn’t mean to...” She defended, “I told you to forget about me... You should’ve made up with Cadence.”

“I don’t want Cadence.”

“She told you I’m a slut, didn’t she?” Her laugh was hollow when he didn’t reply. “You believe her?”

“I don’t care what she had to say, she doesn’t know you like I do. Dammit, Nyxxie come down!”

Chrysalis shook her head. “I don’t think I will…” ‘It’s one of your best poses... You on your back! XD’ The thought shook her to her core. The tears came unbidden.

“Please?” Shining Armor’s voice wavered as his heart bled for her.

“I didn’t like it.” The dark night blurred as her vision was distorted.

“I know…”

The story poured out of her as she clutched to the coils unable to look him in the face. “I hated every minute of it…” She sobbed, “but he threatened to hurt Cadence… and she’s my sister.”

“Nyx, I know...” Shining Armor pleaded torn between giving her space and wanting to yank her down himself. Why wouldn’t she just come down?

“Why are you here?” If she only turned around, she’d see what she was so afraid to accept.

“Cause you’re important to me, Chrysalis. You know that!”

“I’m a changeling… you know that?”

“I don’t care.” Was his petulant insistence. She was beautiful, how didn’t she know that?

“He mocked me for it.”

“He deserves to suffer for what he did!” Shining Armor exclaimed. “I could never hurt you like that! You don’t have to carry this alone!”

A strong gale cut through the bay causing both teens to rock and lurch unbalanced.

The teen gasped as she tried to cling to the cables.

“Chrysal-“

A car that was racing by blared its horn as it almost sideswiped another due the strength of the gale. The sound and sight threw the girl off guard causing her to ricochet back farther than her balance allowed. Another great gust of wind came down, violently ripping the coil from her grasp.

“Chrysalis!” She felt herself falling as the world around her seemed to slow.

When they finally made eye contact she saw her own terror reflected in his eyes.

Shining Armor had moved with the quickness he was known for, leaping after the girl that held tightly to his heart. He felt his body crash against hers as he managed to conjure a shield moments before they hit the bay’s icy waters.

The force of the stop had knocked them both out for a bit, and the temperature of the water had surprised him, momentarily stunning his muscles.

Everything was so dark, and had it not been for his magical abilities, Shining Armor wouldn’t have been able to find Chrysalis’ sinking form, let alone survive the fall from the bridge.

Somehow the quarterback was able to grab the other and make it to shore with one last spell.

Waterlogged and exhausted, he tried to rouse the unconscious girl next to him.

“Nyx! Wake up!” He croaked.

“Wake up!” Tears blurred his vision as he began to pump her chest, vaguely recalling the compressions to breaths ratio. Minutes passed and nothing seemed to work.

“Wake up!” He screamed, striking her unconscious form so hard her head snapped to the right.

Her eyes flew open as the teen violently coughed up water and gasped for breathe.

“Chrysalis…” The relief that washed over Shining Armor was overwhelming as the reality of what just happened sunk in. They could’ve died. She could’ve.... and he wouldn’t have known.

“I’m sorry!” Chrysalis rasped as her body shook and she choked out liquid. “I didn’t mean to!” The fuck was wrong with her today? She was stup-

“We’re okay... We’re okay.” Shining Armor pulled her into his grasp and held her as if she’d disappear.

“Is it true?” She rasped against his skin, shivering and clinging with aching lungs. His feelings were a rush that didn’t make her sick with grief or longing. It was intoxicating and warm in a way she’d never felt.

“Nyx…” Before he could stop himself, his mouth smashed against hers devouring her lips like a madman.

The love and concern she felt washed over her in waves. This was nothing like the art room. It was so all-encompassing that it made her body buzz as she managed to return his bruising kiss. No wonder changelings lost themselves this way, Chrysalis thought dumbly.

“You’re crazy!” Shining Armor panted between desperate kisses, not wanting to stop. “And I am furious at you… but I’m so glad that you’re okay. Don’t ever do that again!” His grasp on her forearms was painful. “Don’t ever do something like this again!”

“You don’t think-?”

“I could never think that about you!” He held her tight as they both trembled in the wake of what had happened. “After I talked to Cadence things started to click. But it wasn’t till tonight... That I realized who you were.”

“You don’t think it’s my fault?”

“No! That bastard deserves to suffer what he did!”

“Shining…” He kissed her again, smoothing wet tresses away from her face.

“Will you ever not be angry with me?”

He kissed the top of her hair. “I’m not angry with you... I’m angry about everything that happened to you. But I’m mostly angry that I could’ve lost you before I even got to have you.”

Chrysalis turned in his arms, “you have me now...”

“I do...” He kissed her. He’d never get tired of kissing her. When the two broke apart, he saw his ex in distance with a look of hurt and despair on her face.

He was never going to let her go.