• Published 26th Feb 2020
  • 1,099 Views, 98 Comments

Jumper - lollipopchica



Chrysalis never thought anything could come between her and her sister. But when threats, secrets, politics and romance threaten her reality, will she ever be able to look at ponykind the same way again?

  • ...
7
 98
 1,099

Chapter 4

Red faced, Chrysalis fumed down the hallways of her new school with her heart in her throat.

She knew Cadence still hadn’t forgiven her for her perceived transgressions, but to completely deny her existence- That was a bit much.

She’d barely comprehended the directions that the teacher had given her.

Feeling lost and turned around, she checked her phone, noting that at this point she’d already missed half the class. She wasted no time leaving the main building and scurrying across the track and football field to hide under the bleachers.

The weather in Bay City was cooler than that of her hometown. The Halfling found it refreshing as her face still hadn’t returned to its normal color yet. Bawling her fists, she was lost in her own emotions for once.

“Fuckin’ bitch!” She seethed feeling frustrated and sad.

“What crawled up your butt and died?” Came an apathetic voice to her right.

“Wha-“ Chrysalis looked up to see she was not alone underneath the school bleachers.

She blinked in confusion as she saw two other girls.

One of the girls was a smoky blue with turquoise eyes, and neatly cut lavender hair. She was dressed in an unassuming blue smocked dress, despite her sultry features. The other girl stood with wide turquoise eyes, pale pink skin, and thick, shaggy bubble gum colored locks. Dressed in pink fuzzy boots, a denim skirt and white t-shirt with a pink heart, the two made quite the contrast.

“Where did you two come from?!” Chrysalis gawked, embarrassed to be encountered in such a state.

The smoky blue girl raised a finely arched brow, “You’re the one that barged in on us all profane and the like.” Her tone never changed as she vocalized her observation.

Chrysalis flushed again. “This is stupid.” She muttered as she turned around and buried her face. “As if people don’t already think I’m weird.”

She heard harsh muttering, and looked over her shoulder to see the bubble gum haired girl whispering furiously in the other girl’s ear. She stopped and grinned fiendishly wide.

“I’m Maud Pie and this is Fluffle Puff.” Fluffle Puff waved excitedly much to Maud’s chagrin. “Got a name, rude girl?”

If Chrysalis hadn’t been a changeling she would’ve taken offense. Maud Pie’s emotions were muted while Fluffle’s seemed to be an odd mix of energy. Right now they were both just curious.

“Er, my name’s Chrysalis.”

“First days can be rough,” Maud sympathized in that same monotone.

“Yea…” Chrysalis breathed as she thought back to her sister’s introduction. “They certainly can be.”

“Where’re you from?”

“Canterlot.”

Fluffle Puff tilted her head and began to move her hands fluidly yet precisely. “Fluffle wants to know what made you so upset.” She was signing she realized.

“Family drama…” Chrysalis muttered folding her arms self-consciously across her chest.

“Can’t relate,” Maud hummed offhandedly. “Want a smoke?” She asked as she casually produced a pack of cigarettes from her bag.

“Uh…”

“It’s how I stay drama free.” She enlightened casually.

Fluffle Puff glared to which Maud shrugged. “Suit yourselves.”

*-*-*-*

Twilight ended up showing Cadence around the rest of the school.

When it was lunch time, she invited the older girl to sit with her and her freshmen friends.

“So do tell us how you like Bay City?” One of the girls, Rarity, she thought she was named, asked with a softly accented voice.

“I’m still so new, I couldn’t say honestly.” She jerked when she noticed the intense look on the face of one of the friends as she stared her down. “Can I help… you?”

“Did you try out for the dance team over the summer?” Asked the curly haired girl with flamingo pink hair.

“Yes, how did you-“

“I thought you looked familiar!” She exclaimed excitedly as her face broke out into a giant grin. “I did too!”

“Oh…”

“Your routine was Ah-mazing, by the way!”

Cadence smiled graciously at the praise. “Thanks!”

“Yea! Results should be up by the end of the day! But we’ll see, honestly my heart is somewhere else now.”

“Such a flake!” Teased the apricot colored girl with blonde pigtails.

“Well, we all can’t be an All-Equestrian tri-athele, can we?” The bubbly girl countered with crazy eyes.

The other girls laughed at the exchange.

“What’s Pinkie Pie on about now?” A rainbowhaired ruffian asked as she took a seat at the table.

“Rainbow Dash, this is Cadence! She’s new!” The shier girl of the group introduced her to the brazen rocker.

“Oh wow! Two new girls in one day! S’up,” She extended a sky blue colored hand.

Cadence shifted uncomfortably even as she smiled and shook the girl’s hand. “Nice to meet you.”

“Another girl?” Fluttershy repeated.

“Yeah, she’s in one of my art classes. Or at least is supposed to be. Her name’s Chrystalia, Chrystal, Chrystie… Something like that anyway.”

“Chrysalis,” Cadence murmured absently. They all turned to look at her.

“Do you guys happen to know each other?” Rarity asked.

Cadence smiled tightly as she settled back in her spot. “Just a good guess,” she lied.

Rainbow Dash shrugged as the girls caught up about what else could be going on at school today.

*-*-*-*

“So if you look over there you’ll see the popular kids, jocks, floaters, do-gooders, artsy fartsy kids, smarty pants, normies, weirdos, weirdos, more weirdos and then a couple of loners.” Maude Pie seemed to gesture at random and Chrysalis could see why.

The three girls stood in the middle of the cafeteria for second lunch period.

Bright eyes followed the buzz of energy around the room. Her senses felt like they were overloading as she struggled to separate her emotions from those around her.

Her new school looked to be full of different pony folk with vastly differing personalities.

She wondered what Luna was doing now that she couldn’t be there with her. She made a mental note to call both her cousins when she made it home.

“Is it different from your old school?”

Chrysalis winced as she thought back to the students at Canterlot Academy. “A little, but only because it was a private school.” She could feel Fluffle’s confusion without paying attention to her signing. “The academy was very prestigious, and we were all looking to get ahead in the end.”

Maud Pie hummed thoughtfully. Even that sounded bored. “I guess. Let’s see what slop they’re serving today.”

“You guys go ahead… I’m going to go… Thanks for showing me around.”

Maud looked on as the other girl rubbed her temples and made to leave the cafeteria. “So you’re just going to… skip?” She called after her. “The whole day?”

Fluffle gave her a meaningful look. “I don’t know… maybe she’s sick or something.” With a sigh, she led her friend to the lunch line. “I’m sure whatever it is she’ll be fine.”

***

The bell sounded, releasing a flood of high school students for the day.

Twenty minutes later and Candenza Mi Amore found herself leaning against the front steps of the school.

The first day of school turned out to be a major success. She managed to make six new friends, find all of her classes and make the dance team!

Her first practice would be tomorrow.

‘Guess who made the team!’ She texted her mother immediately upon finding out. While she had a strong feeling she’d make the team, she honestly hadn’t known what to expect.

She was about to give her dad a call when she heard someone calling out for her.

“Cadence! Wait up!” She turned to see Twilight Sparkle waving with another student in tow.

Twilight was adorkable. Her friends were nice too. While they weren’t her friends from Canterlot, she found them to be a fun and interesting mix. She’d even managed to learn all their names.

Her eyes widened when she recognized the other person as a student from a couple of her classes.

He was tall with snow white skin, a fantastic build and cyan streaked skin. Classically handsome, she’d swooned a little when she first saw him.

“Hey guys!” She smiled, pocketing her cellphone for the time being.

“Cadence!” Twilight beamed, “What’re you still doing here?”

“I had a club meeting this afternoon.”

The boy chuckled, “I thought you said she was new.”

Twilight smacked his arm good naturedly. “She is new! But she also happens to be a go-getter- much like myself.” Cadence observed the two with an amused expression on her face. While their relationship was genial, it didn’t seem romantic.

The boy rolled his eyes in faux annoyance. Twilight giggled. “This is my older brother, Shining Armor.” She introduced the two.

Cadence’s smile was demure. “I’m Cadenza Mi Amore, but people just call me-“

“Cadence!” The two shook hands. “I remember, you’re in my nutrition and trig class.” He grinned.

Her face lit up as she pretended to recall. “That’s right.”

Twilight cleared her throat with a smirk. “You can let go of each other now.” The older boy rolled his eyes at his sister’s antics as the two quickly dropped hands.

“Anyway!” He gave Twilight a look before regarding the other girl. “Why are you still here?”

“You’re looking at the newest member of the ‘Buxom’ Baylot Broncos!” The girl posed proudly.

“Oh wow!” Twilight gushed excitedly, “That’s pretty cool!”

“Congratulations!” Shining Armor agreed impressed. The ‘Prancing’ Baylot Broncos were one of the best teams in the region.

“You should let us take you out for a celebratory smoothie!”

“I couldn-“

“We insist!” Twilight grinned not taking no for an answer as he reached out and pulled the girl along.

Shining Armor bit the inside of his cheek to keep from laughing at the expression on the new girl’s face. “Just do it,” he whispered in her ear as he fell in step beside the two.

“Shiny will drop you off once we’re through!”

“Shiny?” Cadence rose a finely arched brow.

“She’s my kid sister,” he shrugged nonchalantly.

“How can I say no to this?” Cadence teased.

“You can’t,” he sighed. “Just go with it.”

“Smart and beautiful!” Twilight asserted. “I told you this new girl was the real deal.”