• Published 22nd Dec 2019
  • 921 Views, 152 Comments

TimberTwi Tales: First Impressions - CapNTilfy



Twilight Sparkle and Timber Spruce have had chaotic lives, and now their paths cross... TimberTwi Tales #2

  • ...
33
 152
 921

Epilogue

Once the bus left her sight, Gloriosa walked back into Camp Everfree. She sighed. It felt really odd, everything being silent. Especially after everything that had happened! As she reached the dock, she closed her eyes and listened to the wind. The chirping of the birds. It may have indeed felt odd... but it also felt peaceful. Like everything was finally right with the world. After all the hell she and Timber had been put through... it looked like it was finally coming to an end.

However, that didn't mean that Camp Everfree was on Easy Street. Things were still going to be a little challenging going forward. Repairs, hiring, maybe even some publicity...

Timber appeared right beside her. "You look like you've got something on your mind, Glory."

Gloriosa ran a hand through her hair. "More like a lot of things, if I'm going to be honest."

Timber laughed softly. "I can't blame you. I know how you feel." He wrapped an arm around her shoulder. "But you know what? No matter what happens..."

Gloriosa smiled as she put a hand on Timber's shoulder. "Yeah. No matter what happens..."

"...we've got this," they said in unison.


As Camp Everfree left Twilight's sight, she sat back down and faced forward in her seat. She looked down at her geode, still not quite used to her new magical abilities. To think how drastically her life had changed since transferring from Crystal Prep those couple of months ago! From a timid shut-in to a confident young woman with supernatural powers!

It was surreal to Twilight, especially when she recalled a conversation she once had with Lemon Zest...

"I've been wondering...why do you seem to want to check out Canterlot High when you don't even want to compete in the Friendship Games," Lemon asked.

"Well... it's kind of scientific and sorta complicated." said Twilight.

Lemon raised an eyebrow. "Okay, try me."

"Okay, but you asked for it," warned Twilight. "From what I've gathered, the grounds of Canterlot High have been the focal point of several fluctuations in the measuring devices that I have in my laboratory. Now I don't quite know what it is that's being measured. It's a kind of energy that I've never seen before. The implications are staggering to say the least!" she finished excitedly.

Lemon laughed. "Maybe it's magic."

Twilight scoffed. "That's preposterous."

Lemon shrugged. "Meh." Her eyes widened. "Hey, do you think there's any truth to the rumors?"

Twilight looked confused. "Rumors?"

Lemon nodded. "About the strange rainbow that just appeared in the sky at night then shot downwards, creating...for lack of a better phrase... a reverse tornado rainbow vortex!"

Twilight smiled and rolled her eyes.

"The other rumor," Lemon continued. "Is that during the climax of Canterlot High's musical showcase it was taken over by special effects that were so realistic, it was like there were real sea creatures in the sky!"

Twilight scoffed again. "Sounds like nothing more than hearsay and conjecture to me. If something like that did, in fact, happen, where's the evidence? Why didn't people use their phones to record these phenomena?"

Lemon raised a finger, then dropped it. "Huh. I suppose you have a good point."

"Precisely!" said Twilight, pleased with herself. "Magic." she snickered. "Come on, Lemon. You're smarter than that."

"If magic doesn't exist, then how am I friends with Sour Sweet now?" asked Lemon.

Twilight laughed. "You're not seriously suggesting that friendship is magic?"

Lemon shrugged. "How else can you explain two people at each others throats for days, then bawling over closure the next?"

Twilight snorted, then giggled. She couldn't believe how right Lemon had been! She'd have to get back in touch with her, see how Crystal Prep was doing... but not right now. There were other things on her mind at the moment. She had a lot to look forward to! Telling her family about everything that had happened, studying her new powers and the practical ways they could be put to good use... and hanging out with a guy she might kind of possibly sort of have a crush on.

The future looked bright, and Twilight couldn't wait to see where it would take her.

Author's Note:

I want to thank everyone who read this from the bottom of my heart. This was a tale that took almost two years to write, and I wasn't expecting it to go on for as long as it did! The next TimberTwi story won't nearly be as long, so I hope you all look forward to reading it!

Also, Flash Sentry's story will continue in "Just Once".

Comments ( 4 )

Very nice ending to this story. I'm glad to have followed it through to the finish. :pinkiesmile:

"...we've got this ," they said in unison.

Indeed you do. :twilightsmile:

Also, Flash Sentry's story will continue in "Just Once".

This happening or is it cancelled? :unsuresweetie:

I must say, I like your approach on LOE, with focusing on Timber and Sci Twi. This movie happens to be my third fav eqg special in general, and while I prefer the sciset moments in it compared to the moments of Timber and sci twi, I still enjoy it and ship them, though my ship for eqg will always go to and lean more towards to sciset for obvious of reasons. :twilightblush:

11574465

This happening or is it cancelled? :unsuresweetie:

Some day. I've been working on other stories to get caught up in Continuity.

Login or register to comment