• Published 22nd Dec 2019
  • 905 Views, 152 Comments

TimberTwi Tales: First Impressions - CapNTilfy



Twilight Sparkle and Timber Spruce have had chaotic lives, and now their paths cross... TimberTwi Tales #2

  • ...
33
 152
 905

Friends and Family

Twilight caught up with Applejack, who smiled suggestively. "Saw ya walkin' with Timber out the corner of my eye while I was spotting Rarity. What were y'all talkin' about?"

Twilight blushed. "Oh, nothing much... just friends and family."

Applejack's suggestive smile became warm. "Two of the most important things in life."

Twilight returned the smile. In the short time she had known Applejack, she had learned that the farm girl had a very strong bond with her grandmother, sister, and brother. She started to wonder...

"Do you have any extended family?"

Applejack laughed. "You should see the Apple Family Reunions, Twi. Apples, Oranges, and other kinfolk as far as the eye can see!"

"Sounds like a good time."

"And then some," Applejack said with a wide grin.

"Why haven't I seen your parents before? It seems like they'd be a huge part of your life."

Applejack's face fell, and she took her hat off and held it against her chest as she closed her eyes. "Rest their souls," she said quietly as she stopped walking.

Twilight stopped walking, then looked down on the ground in shame and embarrassment. "I'm sorry."

Applejack slowly put her hat back on, then put a hand on Twilight's shoulder. "It's all right, Sugarcube. Ya didn't know."

"How did they..." Twilight trailed off, worried she was prying too much.

"It's all kinda fuzzy to me," Applejack said. "All I remember was the cattle getting riled up over something, and I was in their way." She paused, then shuddered as tears began to fall from her eyes. "I... I-I got pushed outta the w-way..."

"...Applejack..."

Applejack sniffled. "Happens nearly every time I talk about 'em. I go and get all misty-eyed..."

Twilight hugged Applejack. "It's okay. I'm here for you."

Applejack sighed. "I appreciate that, Twilight." She wiped a tear away from one of her eyes, then fished around in her pocket and pulled out her phone. She swiped around, then gave it to Twilight.

Twilight took the phone, and saw a picture of a picture on a table. In the picture was an infant Apple Bloom and a younger Applejack and Big Mac. Standing just behind them was a tall pale yellow man with bright red hair hidden under his stetson hat. His green eyes gazed lovingly at the woman next to him.

The woman had fair peach skin, with sparkling light blue eyes that gazed at the man with the same facial expression. Her long and frizzy orange hair had been tied up much like Applejack's.

Both the man and woman had their arms around the Apple siblings.

"Are those... your parents?"

Applejack nodded, then pointed to the man. "Bright Mac..." she paused, then moved her finger to the woman. "...Pear Butter."

Twilight couldn't help but sigh. "Your mother is beautiful, Applejack."

Applejack smiled. "Yeah... she was."

"Why don't you just carry the picture around with you?"

"Don't wanna lose it. I also want to able to look at it anytime."

Twilight looked at the picture one last time, and the feeling of the love between Bright Mac and Pear Butter felt palpable. She sighed happily, then gave Applejack back her phone. "Do you ever think you'll have a family of your own someday?"

"I sure hope so," Applejack said as her mood brightened. "I'd wanna have at least five kids."

"Five?" Twilight's jaw nearly dropped in disbelief.

"Bare minimum."

"What's the maximum?"

Applejack cupped her chin, thinking for a moment before answering. "Eight. Maybe nine."

Twilight's eyes went wide.

"I'm so proud of havin' such a big family that I'd like to have a large family of my own."

"Don't you think that's a bit excessive?"

Applejack shook her head. "Shoot, no! I've got a couple of older cousins with five already!" She grinned and nudged Twilight with her elbow. "How about you? See any youngins in your future?"

Twilight blushed furiously. "M-M-Me?! I don't know..."

Applejack laughed. "I'm just teasin' ya. No need to get so worked up." She lightly slapped Twilight on the back, causing her glasses to go askew on her face.

"O-Oh!" Twilight laughed awkwardly as she readjusted her glasses. "G... Good one, Applejack!"

"Yaknow, Twi," Applejack's tone softened again.

"Y-Yes?"

"Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Sunset, Rarity, Pinkie Pie and you? Y'all are my family too." Applejack smiled warmly and hugged Twilight. "I love you girls to pieces, and you're all like sisters to me."

Twilight blinked in surprise. "We haven't known each other for that long..."

"That don't matter. What does matter is the trust we share in each other. The memories we'll make here'll make us all grow closer together as friends." Applejack broke the hug. "Y'see, it's all about togetherness. You didn't enjoy all that time bein' cooped up in your lab, did ya?"

Twilight looked away. "No," she said softly as she held onto her arm. "Not all of it... even when Spike was with me."

"And ya ended up makin' friends with Lemon Zest, right?"

Twilight nodded.

"I could tell. The way she reacted when she found out you were transferrin'. Heck, everyone heard her shoutin'. Y'all must've been through thick and thin!"

Twilight sighed, recalling the distraught look on Lemon's face. "I wouldn't say that. We were only friends for..." she trailed off, and her eyes widened. "...a week." She turned to Applejack, who had her arms folded and sported an 'I told you so' smile. "I see your point."

Applejack nodded. "Let's get caught up with everyone. We've fallen way behind."

Twilight nodded, and she and Applejack ran to the clearing where everyone would make floating paper lanterns.