• Published 22nd Dec 2019
  • 921 Views, 152 Comments

TimberTwi Tales: First Impressions - CapNTilfy



Twilight Sparkle and Timber Spruce have had chaotic lives, and now their paths cross... TimberTwi Tales #2

  • ...
33
 152
 921

Prologue III: A New Outlook

Twilight Sparkle looked out the window of the bus with a sigh. Ever since she transferred from Crystal Prep Academy, her life had completely turned around.

When Twilight was at Crystal Prep, she was constantly scorned by her peers. It was a competitive, winner take all environment with almost no friends.

If it wasn't for Lemon Zest and Dean Cadance, she might have lost her mind! Oh, and the regular masturbation helped too. It was amazing what an orgasm or two did to one when they were stressed.

When Twilight had her first day at Canterlot High, it was almost overwhelming! Everyone was kind, friendly and supportive... not to mention everyone knew her name!

Twilight had met her alternate universe self shortly after the Friendship Games, and was left with far more questions than answers.

Twilight was still getting used to being a bit more social, as well as getting to know her new friends better.

Applejack was the most commonsensical of the group, and wasn't afraid to tell the truth no matter what.

Rainbow Dash was a bit of a prankster, an athlete... and a friend who always be by her side.

Pinkie Pie was the hardest to get used to. In fact, Twilight wasn't sure if she'd ever get used to her! Still, she meant well, and there was never a dull moment when she was around.

Rarity. Twilight had never met a more giving person than her. She seemed to have an innate knack for fashion and trends.

Fluttershy reminded Twilight of herself before she joined the group. At least, her shyness did. Once she opened up to Twilight, they shared their knowledge and love of animals with each other.

Sunset Shimmer had been a kindred spirit to Twilight. Both had experienced magic overwhelming them, turning them into something... not quite themselves.

I'm always here... waiting for the right moment.

Twilight shuddered. Midnight Sparkle had been a constant presence over her shoulder. A reminder of the terrible destruction she wrought that day.

"How are you holding up," Spike asked from Twilight's lap.

Twilight blinked. She still wasn't used to her pet dog talking!

"I'm doing the best that I can," Twilight whispered.

Twilight had been having constant nightmares of Midnight overtaking her and killing her friends. Those nightmares had slowly taken a toll on her psyche, and she had tried to keep this knowledge to herself and Spike.

"We can't hide this from the girls forever," Spike whispered.

"I know, I know! I just don't want them to worry about me."

"But not telling them isn't doing you any favors."

Twilight sighed as she looked out the window again. Countless trees passed her vision, nearly making her dizzy.

Twilight turned away with a quick shake of her head to reorient herself. She adjusted her glasses, then checked her phone for the time.

"Don't worry about the time, silly," Pinkie Pie said cheerfully. "We'll get there when we get there!"

Twilight smiled warmly. It was nice to feel reassured.

"Surely there must be something you can do to pass the time, darling," Rarity said from a row down.

What little you have left...

Twilight grit her teeth for a moment, then forced a smile. "Y-Yeah," she said awkwardly. "I'm sure I can think of something..."

"You all right, Sugarcube?"

"I'm fine, I just have a lot on my mind."

"Hmm," Pinkie said as she got up to Twilight's seat and inspected her closely. "You do kinda look like you're having some kind of internal conflict..."

Twilight blanched. How did she know?!

"Either that or you're just bored out of your skull." Pinkie shrugged. "I can't tell the difference sometimes." She went back to her seat as Twilight inwardly breathed a sigh of relief.

Spike gave Twilight a look of surprise and confusion.

Twilight simply shrugged in response.

"Aaaaanyway," Sunset said. "What are you guys going to do when we get there?"

Twilight smiled as she watched her friends discuss their plans.

There's nothing they could do that would help, Midnight taunted. You're going to be stuck with me forever!

Twilight shook her head in an effort to ignore Midnight.

You remember that dream you had? That's going to happen for real!

Leave me alone, Twilight thought.

Midnight laughed. Is that the best you've got? An attitude like that is the reason you have no chance of keeping me at bay for much longer!

Please, stop, Twilight thought in a quick fit of near desperation.

Midnight laughed again. I'll see you later.

Twilight shuddered. There had to be something she could do about Midnight! But what? Have one of her friends hypnotize her out? No, that sounded just as farfetched as an exorcism!

Maybe Twilight could banish Midnight via a medically induced coma! No, that sounded far too extreme.

You're going to be stuck with me forever! Midnight's words echoed in her head.

Okay, masturbation was far off of the table for this problem.

Twilight sighed heavily. There was no easy way out of this issue with Midnight, if there was a way out at all!

At least Midnight was only in Twilight's head, and not out there causing havoc and destruction. But what if she got out? What if she started raising hell?

What if Twilight Sparkle became responsible for the end of world?!

Spike licked Twilight, snapping her out of her panic attack. "You were nearly hyperventilating and pulling at your hair."

Twilight blinked, then hugged Spike. "Thank you," she said softly.

"Hey, what are friends for?"

Feeling slightly better, Twilight looked out the window and saw Camp Everfree off in the distance.

"We're almost there," Twilight said to Spike.

"Great! I could really use a good stretch of the ol' legs right about now!"

"I think we all could," Fluttershy chimed in.

Everyone murmured in agreement.

"Well," Twilight said. "I hope this week is eventful. Just not too eventful."

"It'll be fine," Rainbow said. "It's just a campground. It's not like anything magical happens there anyway."

The bus reached Camp Everfree, and a life-changing week for many had begun!