• Published 22nd Dec 2019
  • 905 Views, 152 Comments

TimberTwi Tales: First Impressions - CapNTilfy



Twilight Sparkle and Timber Spruce have had chaotic lives, and now their paths cross... TimberTwi Tales #2

  • ...
33
 152
 905

A Generous Gift

After she had finished eating breakfast, Gloriosa walked around Camp Everfree with a clipboard in her hands and a pen in her pocket. She had to survey everything to get an estimate for repairs, and she dreaded the price! She shook her head slowly. No matter. She had more faith than she did a couple of days ago that things would turn out all right. Between herself, Timber, Twilight and her six friends, she felt she had nothing to worry about... aside from the guilt she felt over everything she did as that monstrosity.

Gloriosa stopped for a moment, sighing heavily. Why didn't she listen to Timber when he warned her? Because she was a stubborn woman, that's why! Sure, the magic that drove her to temporary insanity was a factor as well, but that didn't make her feel any better!

...Ugh, Gloriosa seriously needed to relax.

"Gloriosa!"

Gloriosa snapped out of her thoughts and turned around to see Pinkie Pie and Rarity. "Oh! Hello, girls... can I help you with anything?"

"Oh, we don't need any help, darling," Rarity said. "But we have been looking for you. Close your eyes."

Gloriosa blinked, then closed her eyes. She suddenly felt a soft fabric slowly wrap around her neck, end to end.

"Okay, you can open your eyes now," Pinkie chirped.

Gloriosa slowly opened her eyes to see a colorful geometric scarf. "Oh, wow... it's beautiful!"

Rarity smiled. "It is one of my finer works, isn't it?"

"Rarity... it's nice and all, but-"

"Oh, pfft-tsk-tch! I won't take 'no' for an answer," Rarity said with a dismissive wave of her hand.

"Well," Gloriosa said as a smile formed on her face. "Far be it from me to not accept such generosity."

Rarity walked up to Gloriosa, then put a hand on her shoulder. "There is one other reason Pinkie and I were looking for you. We wanted to see how you were doing after your... magical mishap."

Gloriosa's smile slowly faded, and she heaved another sigh. "I... I'm not as comfortable talking about it as Twilight and Sunset are."

Rarity blushed as she removed her hand. "R-Right. Forgive me, perhaps I was a tad hasty in bringing up such a sore subject so soon."

Gloriosa slowly shook her head. "It's all right, you didn't know."

Rarity shook her head slowly as well. "No. It's not all right. I've made that mistake twice before with Twilight and Sunset." She frowned and folded her arms. "One would think I'd have learned my lesson by now."

"Rarity... it's okay. I forgive you." Gloriosa reached over to Rarity, then gently embraced her.

Rarity slowly returned the hug, sighing. "Thank you, Gloriosa. I suppose I needed one of these."

"Yay, hugs!" Pinkie wrapped an arm around each of the girls, then squeezed.

"P... Pinkie..." Gloriosa struggled to breathe.

Pinkie blushed, then broke the embrace, laughing sheepishly.

"Well," Rarity said as she caught her breath. "I suppose we'll be on our way now. There's still much to do around here, after all."

Gloriosa nodded. "Thanks again for the gift," she said as she waved Rarity and Pinkie goodbye.

"Don't mention it, darling!" Rarity and Pinkie waved back, then walked away.

Gloriosa turned around, then glanced at her clipboard as she made a sputtering noise. Rarity was right... there was still a lot for everyone to do. She shifted her attention from her clipboard to the scarf around her neck, then back.

"Hmm..." There couldn't be any harm in at least seeing how she looked for at least a moment, right?

With a small nod to herself, she made her way back to her house. This wouldn't take long anyway! Just a quick peek. Nobody would even notice she was gone! She held her clipboard close, glancing at it from time to time to give those she was passing by the impression that she was still hard at work.

Once Gloriosa reached her home, she dropped her act and went straight on in. With a smile, she hurried to her room, then got a good look at herself in the mirror.

"Wow..." Gloriosa already knew Rarity had a good sense for fashion, and the scarf around her neck only served to further prove the point.

Damn, she looked good in this.

Gloriosa's eyes widened as an idea popped into her head. What kinds of outfits would look good with this scarf? She went over to her dresser and took out every single article of clothing she had, then laid them all out neatly on her bed. She clapped her hands and rubbed them against each other in eager anticipation.

"All right," Gloriosa said with a grin. "Let's work some magic!"


Time had passed by as Gloriosa experimented with her clothes, mixing and matching them. Some combinations were good, others were... well, she'd rather not think about those sorts of things right now. Her phone chimed, and she grabbed it. It was a text message from Timber.

Where are you?

Gloriosa raised an eyebrow, then sent a message of her own.

I'm in the house, experimenting with a new scarf Rarity gave me.

She put her phone back in her pocket, and it chimed again within a matter of seconds. She took it back out.

How long have you been there?

Gloriosa paused for a moment and cupped her chin.

Since a little after breakfast. Why?

She put her phone down on her bed, then turned around to look at the newest combination she had made. She shook her head. Nah, it didn't work for her. Her phone chimed, twice this time. She picked it up.

Are you serious?!

It's almost lunchtime!

"WHAT?!" Gloriosa blanched, then looked at the time on her phone. Her eyes widened and a chill ran down her spine. Timber was right! It was almost noon... she had spent the last couple of hours doing something she originally intended to do for a few minutes! "Fuck!" She grabbed all of her clothes and all but stuffed them in the wrong drawers. "Fuck," she repeated as she feverishly got back into her original outfit for the day.

Gloriosa ran out of the house with her clipboard and pen, screaming obscenities loud enough for the whole camp to hear as she went back to work.

Author's Note:

Good news, everyone! I had a small burst of inspiration, and I now know how many more chapters remain.

After this chapter, there will be twelve left.