• Published 22nd Dec 2019
  • 904 Views, 152 Comments

TimberTwi Tales: First Impressions - CapNTilfy



Twilight Sparkle and Timber Spruce have had chaotic lives, and now their paths cross... TimberTwi Tales #2

  • ...
33
 152
 904

Ambush

It all happened too fast for Sunset and Twilight as they walked in. All they could do was yelp before being struck. The sound of soft fabric hitting the floor caused them to open their eyes.

There, inside the Sapphire Tent, were Rarity, Pinkie, Rainbow, Applejack, and Fluttershy, each of them grinning widely. Behind them was a massive pile of pillows that nearly reached the top.

Twilight and Sunset glanced at each other, then joined their friends in grinning.

"One rule," Sunset said, sticking out her index finger. "No powers. Agreed?"

Everyone nodded.

"Oh," Rarity exclaimed. "Hold on a moment." She closed her eyes and channeled her geode as she hummed a formless tune. Within moments, all things fragile were encased in miniature diamond domes. "There! Now the tent is a little more fabulous, and we don't have to worry about anything breaking!"

"Excellent idea, Rarity," Sunset said. "Everyone ready?"

"Free for all," Pinkie said in an announcer voice. "Three... two... one... GO!"

Within moments, countless pillows were flung.

Pinkie Pie grabbed three pillows. One in each hand, and one in her mouth. "Three Pillow Style..." She twirled rapidly and began moving around randomly. "...Pinkamena Twister! Wheeeee!" She ended up hitting Fluttershy in the back of the head twice, and gave Rainbow a face full of pillows, then fell over as the tent spun around her.

"Goodness," Rarity exclaimed as she hurried over to Pinkie. "Are you okay?"

Rarity was answered with three pillows to the face and a giggle that ended with a snort.

Rarity sighed. "Yes... well, I suppose I should have seen that coming." She grinned as she picked up a nearby pillow. "You shall pay for that transgression. Have at you, ruffian!" She hit Pinkie square in the face with a giggle.

Applejack laughed, then glanced at Rainbow. The farm girl jumped with all of her might and raised a pillow above her head, then swung downward as hard as she could.

Rainbow blocked the blow using a pillow as a shield, then pivoted and hit Applejack on her side.

"Ya'll got lucky there."

Rainbow snickered. "Luck had nothing to do with that!"

Fluttershy ran past Rainbow and Applejack with a pillow in each outstretched hand, nailing both girls in their heads. She looked by with a sly grin and wink, then squealed with laughter as two pillows hit her back.

"Photo op," Pinkie trilled as she jumped to her feet. She swiftly took her phone out of her pocket as Applejack and Rainbow Dash resumed their duel and turned on the built-in camera. "Ooh, action shot!"

"Incoming!" Sunset launched a pillow forward, and Rainbow and Applejack dodged as Pinkie took the photo. The pillow flew over her, only for Twilight to catch it from behind.

"I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to warn people in a pillow fight," Twilight said with a smug smile.

"Eh." Sunset shrugged, then yelped as she was struck from behind.

"I do believe she has a point, darling," Rarity said as Sunset turned around.

"I rest my case," Twilight said, satisfied with herself.

Sunset smiled and rolled her eyes. "Okay, you both got me." She quickly grabbed a pair of pillows off the floor. "Now, it's my turn." She boxed Rarity's ears with them, then tossed them in Twilight's direction.

Twilight dodged the first pillow, the dropped her guard as she was hit from the side by a stray pillow. The second pillow hit her square on her chest.

"Hey, are we keeping score," Rainbow asked in the middle of the fray.

"How could we possibly keep score-oof!" Rarity was hit in the back of her head by one of Pinkie's pillows.

"Consarn it, Rainbow," Applejack shouted loud enough to be heard over the din. "Why do ya have to make everything into a competition?"

Rainbow barked a laugh. "You're just saying that because you know you'd lose!"

Applejack narrowed her eyes. "Y'all know them's fighting words, right?"

Sunset put the palm of her hand to her face. "Oh, for the love of Celestia," she muttered under her breath as she shook her head slowly.

"Oh dear, here we go again," Rarity said, rolling her eyes as she folded her arms.

"Oooh," Pinkie squealed. "I wanna be the announcer! I wanna be the announcer!"

Twilight raised an eyebrow as the pillow throwing stopped. "Ummm... what's going on?"

Fluttershy sighed as she walked up to Twilight. "Just watch."

Rainbow grinned, then held her hand out. "Duh! Of course I do!" She lowered and raised all of fingers at once, inviting Applejack to battle.

"You asked for it, then!" Applejack charged forward, and their one-on-one pillow fight began.

"This happens more often than I'd like," Rarity said as she sat down on one of the beds, then rested her head on her hands.

"Rainbow Dash and Applejack are very competitive with each other," Fluttershy said as Pinkie began providing play-by-play commentary. "Once they get started, neither of them will stop until they're worn out!"

"It's usually best to just let them get it out of their systems," Sunset said as she sat down next to Twilight.

"Ohh, That's gonna leave a mark," Pinkie shouted gleefully.

"They're not going to try to use their powers, are they," Twilight asked worriedly.

"Oh, I certainly... hope not, darling..." Rarity trailed off as she began to swoon. "I think I feel... a little woozy..." Her diamond shields flickered.

"Oh, goodness," Fluttershy exclaimed as she hurried over to the fashionista.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash stopped their fight as they saw Rarity.

"Rarity! Are you okay," Rainbow asked.

Rarity's diamond shields disappeared, and she collapsed. "I... think I... just overexerted my magic just a tad. I should be... fine with some rest."

"Land's sake, Rarity. Don't scare us like that!"

Rarity smiled faintly. "I appreciate your concern, Applejack. Could you please carry me to my tent?"

"'Course I could!" Applejack picked Rarity up.

Rarity giggled weakly. "Thank you." She faced the rest of the girls. "I'll see you all at the fire tonight. Ta-Ta!" She closed her eyes as she was carried off, with Rainbow following.

"Interesting," Twilight said. "Maybe I should test the limits of my powers, too..."

"I don't think that's a good idea, Twilight," Sunset said. "One of us out of commission is enough."

"Yeah, you're right. Another time, then."

"See you all at the fire," Pinkie said as she darted out of the tent.

"Goodbye," Fluttershy said as she followed Pinkie.

"So what do we do now," Twilight asked.

"Whatever we want. I'm sure Rarity's going to be fine, so we don't have to worry about her." Sunset stretched. "I don't know about you, but I'm going to assess the damage done to the dock."

"You know what? That sounds like a good idea." Twilight stopped. "Wait... what about all these pillows?"

A rainbow blur whooshed into the tent, and in the blink of an eye, all of the pillows were gone.

"Huh. Handy. Thanks, Rainbow," Twilight shouted.

"Don't mention it," Rainbow said from off in the distance.

Twilight followed Sunset to the dock, spending most of her time there until night fell.

Author's Note: