• Published 14th Jan 2020
  • 684 Views, 51 Comments

Frozen Family - Melody Song



Fleetfoot must go on another adventure. This time to find the truth behind her Ice Magic

  • ...
0
 51
 684

Epilogue

Fleetfoot smiled and nestled closer to the warmth at her side. She wrapped her hooves around the pony and nuzzled against their chest fluff. She kissed the pony's chest softly, relishing in the taste of hot peppers that stung her lips.

"Mm...honey, did you try feeding the kidth pepperth again?"

"Mm, well...so what if I did? Crys and Blaze wanted to taste."

"Ugh...you're going to be the death of them, letting them have whatever they want." Fleetfoot opened her eyes and looked up, smiling softly at the fire-themed mare at her side.

Spitfire smiled back, leaning down slightly to kiss the smaller mare on the forehead. As she moved, her hoof brushed against a silver band on Fleetfoot's left hoof. It had an engraving on it of a horseshoe with a flame behind it. Spitfire wore an identical one in gold on her own left hoof.

Fleetfoot smiled and pulled herself up slightly in bed to be level with the other mare. She leaned in, eyes closing slightly as she began to kiss her loving wife. As Spitfire wrapped her hooves around Fleetfoot, there was a soft fluttering behind them and a 'thump' as something heavy hit the bed.

"Mommy, mama! Come on, it's morning! It's morning, it's morning!" the high-picthed voice of a filly cried.

Spitfire groaned and glared at Fleetfoot. "I may have let them have hot peppers, but you're the one who let them eat that chocolate cake last night."

"Oh, come on honey. The lookth on their faceth were worth it. Bethideth, it'th almotht Hearth'th Warming, and they were good." Fleetfoot nuzzled Spitfire gently, as the filly scrambled up the bed, snuggling up between the two.

The filly in question was a young Pegasus with an ice blue coat and beautiful fuchsia almond shaped eyes. Her mane was slicked back in a style similar to Fleetfoot's, and was a snowy white. However, the edges of her mane were orange, like flames. Her wings' outer feathers, unlike the rest of her ice blue wings and coat, were yellow. The little filly cuddled up to Fleetfoot, who slipped her hoof around her.

"Good morning Crythtal." Fleetfoot sighed, nuzzling her daughter.

"Morning mommy, morning mama." the filly said, looking over at Spitfire.

"Crystal, where's your sister?"

"I'm here mama!" another filly came flying into the room and hugged Spitfire as the mare sat up.

This filly had a yellow coat and big brown eyes. Her mane was styled identically to Spitfire's, however, rather than a lighter yellow streak running through the orange, there was a streak of snowy white. Her wings' outer feathers were, in contrast to her sister's, an ice blue.

"Blazing! Come to mama honey!" Spitfire hugged her little girl, who laughed and nuzzled her mother.

"Morning mommy, morning Crythtal."

"Good morning Blazing." Fleetfoot smiled at her.

The two's children beamed at them as they both took off and hovered in midair, watching their mothers. Spitfire sighed and tugged off the blanket, getting out of the bed.

"Alright, alright, we're up."

"Yay!"

"Heh, it'th probably betht anyway Thpit. Aren't we thuppothed to go thee Thnow and Luna today?"

"Ugh...forgot about that." Spitfire sighed "And how many times have I told you Fleet, Princess Luna wouldn't want us to address her so casually."

"Oh, thorry, ma'am. Or do you prefer Captain?" Fleetfoot teased as she slid out of bed, letting the kids land on her back.

"Ooh..." Crystal said, rearing up to put her front hooves on her mother's head.

"Yeah, Captain Thpitfire. You want uth to call you that too?" Blazing asked

Spitfire whipped around, glaring at all three of them. Fleetfoot gave her a sly smile that she knew made herself look too cute for Spitfire to stay mad at. Spitfire sighed, then turned her attention to the foals. They giggled before flying out of the room.

"Crystal Phoenix and Blazing Winter, you get back here!" Spitfire shouted, rushing out after them.

Fleetfoot laughed as she flew after them, finding Spitfire holding the foals and nuzzling them, making them writhe and squeal with laughter. Fleetfoot walked over and slipped her hooves around Spitfire's neck, kissing her on the cheek.

"...You win honey." Spitfire sighed. "Now let's go, they're probably-"

"Thpitty~"

"Fine...Luna and Snowdrop are probably waiting on us." Spitfire said

"We want breakfast though!" Crystal whined

"How about we get you thome cinnamon rollth from Thugarcube Corner?" Fleetfoot suggested

"Yay!" the foals cheered, flying to the door and waiting eagerly.

"Alright, alright, let's go." Spitfire sighed, but smiled all the same.

Spitfire and Fleetfoot went to their children, Fleetfoot contemplating momentarily that they would never have need for coats, hats, or boots in their family during the winter months. It saved them the hassle of getting the kids dressed. Of course, being children of the Frosts and the Flares, they both had a mix of the Ice Familiar and Phoenix Mage magic. This made them partially resistant to the cold and the heat, so summer and winter weren't problems. And if they were, they could warm or cool themselves down with their magic.

Fleetfoot thought back to the day when Princess Twilight had created that spell, and knew she and Spitfire would both be eternally grateful to the alicorn. She had given them-and couples like them all across Equestria-the chance to have kids of their own. She had brought them both so much joy when she made it possible for the twins to be born. Fleetfoot glanced to a table beside the door, where a picture rested.

It was of them at their wedding. The photo showed herself, Spitfire, Dark Shooter, Luna, Snowdrop, and Celestia. Celestia and Dark Shooter stood beside their respective younger sisters. Fleetfoot stood by Spitfire, wearing the ice blue dress she'd made while on the mountains of the Frozen North so many years ago. Spitfire was wearing a flame-colored suit, their rings on their hooves, newly placed there. Luna stood next to them, Snowdrop by her side. The alicorn had a wing over the blind Pegasus, holding her close at her side. Snowdrop leaned against her, beaming at the camera she could not see.

Fleetfoot smiled and reached out, tracing a hoof against the frame of the picture. She smiled as she remembered that day, then felt a wing on her back.

"Honey?" Fleetfoot glanced over to see Spitfire, who smiled at her softly. "Sent the kids outside to catch snowflakes. Come on, we're waiting for you." Spitfire leaned in and kissed Fleetfoot's cheek.

"Alright, I'm coming." Fleetfoot kissed Spitfire on the cheek in return, then let her trot out the door of their cloud house.

"What the-Crystal, stop making those snowballs! I don't want to see you throwing anything at anypony today, got it missy?" Fleetfoot heard Spitfire say sternly, and giggled softly.

"Okay mama..."

"Sorry sweetie, but Luna is royalty, and despite how laid back she is around our family I don't think she'd appreciate a snowball being thrown at her or her marefriend."

"She ith family mama! Why can't we throw thnow at her? We do at our couthinth all the time!"

Fleetfoot laughed softly, realizing she would probably have to go help Spitfire. She spread her wings, looking at the photo one last time before gliding out the door, shutting the door to the house behind her.

Author's Note:

And here we are. The end of this story. I hope you enjoyed this story and this ending. But there will be more to come from me, just not of this storyline. Check out my other stories, and stay tuned for a new one to come...

~Melody Song

Comments ( 4 )

the perfect end to a beautiful story.

10351620
Heh, thanks. It was really fun to write.

really interesting! This kind of gives me disney vibes, and i like it! I have only read the first 2 chapters so far, but this is really cool!

Login or register to comment