• Published 14th Jan 2020
  • 684 Views, 51 Comments

Frozen Family - Melody Song



Fleetfoot must go on another adventure. This time to find the truth behind her Ice Magic

  • ...
0
 51
 684

The Mare

Fleetfoot gazed up at the sight before her. The others caught up, but didn't see it right away.

"Look at all this ice, scattered around." Rainbow said "Makes me cold just thinking about it."

"This place must've been a lake at first, and the water froze over time. Now it's practically a glacier." Soarin said, wrapping a wing over Rainbow.

"Guyth." Fleetfoot called out, not taking her eyes off the shape.

"What is it Fleet?" Spitfire asked, leading the others. They gave large gasps upon finally seeing it.

Directly before them, was a block of ice, a large one. Embedded inside the ice...was a pony. A mare. She had a pale blue coat, and a white mane with highlighter blue stripes in it. The mare's eyes were closed, but she was facing them, reaching out for something. A white rose the color of snow, with a stem as blue as the crystalline ice surrounding both the mare and the rose.

"We have to get them out of there." Fleetfoot said

"Right." Spitfire agreed, stepping forward.

Spitfire's wings and hooves lit up with fire, and she placed them on the ice. It began to melt, but slowly.

"We need to speed this up, it's going to get dark soon, and after it does it will be really cold." Dark Shooter said, looking up.

"Alright then. Stand back everypony." Spitfire took off, and they all backed away.

"What are you going to do?" Soarin asked

"I call this one The Phoenix Ressurection. Just watch." Spitfire replied.

She concentrated her fire until it crept up her legs and down her back. Her mane began to flow, flickering like flames. With a yell, the fire was blasted down. It came into contact with the ice, melting it almost instantly. The fire faded and Spitfire landed, breathing heavily. Dark Shooter raced forward and caught the mare as she fell.

They hadn't been able to see due to the angle but the mare was a Pegasus, with large wings. Her body was covered by a tattered brown cloak, far too thin for weathering the Frozen North. Her cutie mark was visible, just barely. A flower with a blue stem, and a blossom that looked like a snowflake. The mare's eyes remained closed but they could see the slight rise and fall of her flank. She was alive.

"Thpitty, are you okay?" Fleetfoot asked, running to her.

"I...I'm okay. Sorry, that was a lot of power." Spitfire leaned against Fleetfoot, taking deep breaths.

Dark Shooter walked up, the mare slung across his back, and cradling the rose in a wing.

"Fleet..."

"We have the latht one." Fleetfoot gasped, taking it.

"Yeah, but who is this mare? And why was she trapped in the ice with it?" Soarin asked

"We should ask her. But first she needs to wake up." Spitfire said, straightening up.

"That means she should get warm. The Crystal Empire isn't far from here, should we head for that?" Rainbow asked

"No." Fleetfoot said, looking into her bag and placing the last rose inside. "I think...we need to go to Canterlot. If thith pony wath after the latht rothe, and if my hunch ith right, then Princethth Luna will want to thee her."