• Published 14th Jan 2020
  • 684 Views, 51 Comments

Frozen Family - Melody Song



Fleetfoot must go on another adventure. This time to find the truth behind her Ice Magic

  • ...
0
 51
 684

A Choice To Make

Fleetfoot hesitated, then smiled.

"I do thtill want the wisheth. But I would like to wait."

The four Wonderbolts headed back to their HQ. Once they landed, Rainbow and Soarin headed to bed. Spitfire and Fleetfoot, however, went to Spitfire's office.

"So what are you going to do with the roses?" Spitfire asked, as Fleetfoot laid them out on the table.

"...I'm going to athk...if you and I thtay together."

"Fleety..." Spitfire nuzzled her "You don't need to ask such a silly question."

"What do you mean? What if, one day you want to move on?"

"To who?" Spitfire laughed slightly. "And anyway Fleety, you shouldn't worry about the future. Or else you'll miss the present."

"Yeah..." Fleetfoot smiled. "But I wath altho going to athk...if it could fix my lithp."

"What?" Spitfire stared at her. "But Fleety, why?"

"Thome ponieth can be happy with their handicapth, like Thnowdrop. She'th lathted tho long without proper thight. But me...my lithp hath alwayth been like a curthe. Becauthe no matter how hard I try, I will alwayth have it. And I don't want it. I want to thound normal. It'th like Thnowdrop with her filly. She wanted to be able to thee her filly. Well, what if I want to be able to talk to our friendth? To talk to fanth comfortably without being afraid of what they'll think!"

"Oh Fleety..." Spitfire leaned over and kissed the smaller mare. Fleetfoot pressed back, then they separated. Spitfire stared at her in determination. "Fleety, you are perfect. You are beautiful, and strong, and smart. And your lisp...it makes you sound so sweet. You can talk to our friends. And you know what they hear when you do?"

"A thtupid lithp that maketh it impoththible to thay half their nameth properly?"

"No. They don't hear anything else but you." Spitfire kissed her head. "They hear only your voice. And they can understand you, clear as crystal. They hear you singing, and talking, and laughing. Most of all, they hear you being no one but yourself. You speak clearly and confidently. Not once since you met me and Soarin did we ever have to ask you to repeat yourself. And that hasn't changed."

"But what about our fanth?"

"Their opinions don't matter. They can dislike your lisp or love it. But I'm sure most of them will accept it. And besides, if they don't, they'll have to answer to me." Spitfire said, and Fleetfoot giggled softly.

"Tho...you're thaying I shouldn't athk that?"

"...How about you sleep on it? If you do decide tomorrow, to change your voice, I will support you. Whether or not you do or don't, we all will. And I will always love you."

Spitfire touched her nose to Fleetfoot's, and Fleetfoot pressed back. She let a small sob escape, and fell into the hooves of her marefriend.

"Fleety...?"

"I want to go to bed. I-I need to...I need your love..."

"I'm here Fleety." Spitfire lifted Fleetfoot and carried her out of the office, bridal style. She made sure to shut and lock the door behind her before carrying Fleetfoot to their bedroom. "Don't worry, you're okay."

Author's Note:

Guys, I need your opinions on this:

Should Fleetfoot ask to fix her lisp or leave it the way it is? Keep in mind, this is only for this story, your decisions on this won't affect how I write Fleetfoot with her lisp in other stories.

Leave your answers in the comments below. I hope to hear from you all.

~Melody Song