• Published 14th Jan 2020
  • 684 Views, 51 Comments

Frozen Family - Melody Song



Fleetfoot must go on another adventure. This time to find the truth behind her Ice Magic

  • ...
0
 51
 684

Who Are You?

"Princess Luna? Why her?" Rainbow Dash asked as they flew.

Dark Shooter had the unconcious mare on his back, while the others surrounded him.

"I have a feeling that thith mare ith thomehow connected to Ice Lily. And Ice Lily mentioned having a connection with Princethth Luna. If thith mare doethn't wake up for a while, then the Princethth thtill may be able to tell uth who she ith."

"We're nearly there." Soarin called, gesturing to the mountain peak.

"Come on. Down." Spitfire led them down to the city.

"Spit! Take us directly to the castle, as close as we can get." Dark Shooter directed

"Got it!"

Spitfire turned and they flew down, landing at the gates. Soarin helped Dark Shooter get the mare off his back, then they removed their winter gear, placing it in the saddlebags they'd brought. Dark Shooter then stepped forwards.

"Stand aside guards, and let us pass."

"Yes sir!"

The two guards stationed there saluted and stepped away from the gates. Dark Shooter pulled a badge from his saddlebags and strode forwards, pressing it against the doors, then striding in.

"Where'th Luna?"

"She should be about to wake up. The changing of the guard is about to start." Dark Shooter responded, looking around.

"The what?" Rainbow asked

"It'th a routine for the Canterlot Guardth, when the Night Guard prepareth for the long night ahead, taking the place of the Day Guard, and the Day Guard headth in for a good night'th thleep." Fleetfoot replied

"How do you...?" Soarin started to ask.

"Dark told me."

"Ah, Sergeant Magnus!" Dark Shooter cried, looking towards a pony in golden armor making his way down the hall.

"Flash Magnus?!" Spitfire and Soarin exclaimed as one.

"Hey Magnus!" Rainbow simply called out.

"Captain Shooter!" Flash Magnus saluted him. "Hello Rainbow Dash. Are these fellow comrades of yours?" Flash Magnus asked, looking to Spitfire, Soarin, and Fleetfoot.

"Yep. This is Spitfire, Captain of the Wonderbolts, her second-in-command Soarin, and their third-in-command Fleetfoot." Rainbow replied.

"Sergeant, we need an audience with Princess Luna. Do you know where she is?"

"In fact I do. Princess Celestia remarked to me earlier that as an effort to spend more time with her sister, she's arranged to have some tea and dinner with Princess Luna before her shift starts."

"Alright then-"

"But I am under the impression they wish it to be a private affair, and I don't think it'd be right to disturb them."

"I am aware, but this is a important matter. We need to talk with Princess Luna."

"Well...alright Captain. They're in the dining room, go ahead. I'll be overseeing the changing of the guard." Flash Magnus saluted once more before trotting off, giving a friendly nod to Rainbow Dash.

"Come on guys." Dark Shooter led them forwards, Soarin shifting the mare on his back.

"Hurry, she's heavy." Soarin said, and Rainbow slipped in beside him to help. "Thanks Dashie."

"I think she'th waking up." Fleetfoot warned, as the mare shifted.

"Princesses?" Dark Shooter stopped before a room and opened the door.

Princess Celestia looked up from the table where she was seated. Princess Luna was by her side, and stood up.

"Captain Dark Shooter? You disrupted us?" Princess Celestia asked

"I'm sorry your highnesses, but there is an urgent matter we must discuss with Princess Luna."

"We?"

Dark Shooter nodded as Fleetfoot trotted in.

"Your highneththeth, early thith morning my friendth and I thet out for the Frozen North to retrieve the final rothe of the four you told uth would tell me about my magic."

"The Frozen North?" Princess Luna asked, eyes widening.

"Yeth. When we arrived in the afternoon, we thearched and were able to locate the rothe. But it turned out to be an illuthion, to lead uth to the real one."

"The real rose?" Princess Celestia asked, walking to them. "You're saying the rose was unable to come to you?"

"Yeth. It had been concealed in an ice block, and...bethide the rothe...wath..."

Fleetfoot and Dark Shooter stepped to the side, allowing for Rainbow and Soarin to enter the room, Spitfire having taken up the mare on Soarin's other side. Both Princess Celestia and Princess Luna gasped upon seeing her.

"She was reaching out for the rose, and Fleetfoot thinks that she's connected to them in some way."

"You are correct." Princess Luna walked forwards, using her magic to lift the mare off the three's backs. She laid her gently on the carpeted floor.

"Who is she?" Spitfire asked, trotting forwards

"Ith...ith her name Ice Lily?" Fleetfoot asked softly.

"No. Why would you think that?" Princess Luna asked

"...A mare hath been entering my dreamth thince I thtarted looking for the rotheth. She called herthelf Ice Lily and told me she knew where the rotheth were. She wath right about them every time. She fell thilent ath I neared the Winter Rothe, but she thtill thtayed with me. She thtarted coming after an original nightmare, of running through thnow, falling, and thinking into molten glathth."

"But...but that's impossible. She would not have been able to sneak past me." Luna murmured.

"She told me in one dream 'if my old friend were to walk through your dreamth she would not thee me'."

"So it seems she hasn't lost her teasing nature, hmm Luna?" Celestia asked

"So you do know who she is?" Soarin asked

"Indeed." Luna said, and Rainbow gasped, making them turn to look.

The mare had stirred, and was opening her eyes.

"Oh..." Fleetfoot breathed softly, as her eyes opened fully.

The mare's eyes were faded out, the blue colored irises blinking sightlessly at them. She was blind. Princess Luna stepped forwards and rested a hoof on the mare's head, running it down her muzzle, off the bridge of her nose. Then she rested her hoof under the mare's chin.

"Huh?" The mare spoke.

"Th-that's Ice Lily's voice!" Fleetfoot realized, but didn't speak out. Princess Luna had already told her the mare wasn't named Ice Lily.

Princess Luna used her magic to set the mare upright, on her hooves. The mare wobbled and extended her wings for balance. They saw her pressing her hooves along the carpet, feeling it.

"Where am I?" she asked.

The mare looked around, as though she couldn't see the others. Fleetfoot reminded herself that she really couldn't see them. Princess Luna reached and touched a hoof against the mare's.

"Who's there?" the mare turned and looked in the general direction of Princess Luna.

Rather than respond, Princess Luna took a breath and began singing, softly.

"Sundown, Sundown,
Fireflies awake

The moon begins to rise
Silver stars
Streak through the night sky

Sundown, sundown,
Fireflies awake

We raise our hooves
To greet the coming night
The day has gone by

Sundown, Sundown,
Fireflies awake

Don't fear now, my friend
Though this world is unfamiliar,
I am still here."

The mare gasped softly. "Luna?"

"Welcome home, Snowdrop." Luna said, smiling at her softly.

Author's Note:

Snowdrop does not belong to me

~Melody Song