• Published 14th Jan 2020
  • 684 Views, 51 Comments

Frozen Family - Melody Song



Fleetfoot must go on another adventure. This time to find the truth behind her Ice Magic

  • ...
0
 51
 684

A New Revelation

Author's Note:

Sorry, kept forgetting to publish this.

~Melody Song

Fleetfoot and her friends said goodbye to Dark Shooter over Canterlot to let him fly back to his house there. Now they were back in Wonderbolt HQ. To be more specific, Spitfire's office. Fleetfoot laid the Summer Rose by its fellow, in one of the drawers in Spitfire's desk. The two enchanted roses glowed softly upon reuniting. Spitfire joined her and pressed her muzzle against Fleetfoot's cheek.

"Now that the roses are safe, how about getting some sleep?" Spitfire asked. Rainbow yawned behind them.

"Yeah, I'm ready for bed." she said, leaning against Soarin's side. He put a wing over her.

"Come on Dashie, let's get to bed." Soarin turned and led her out of the room.

"You too Fleety." Spitfire wrapped a wing over Fleetfoot and pulled her out of the office. Fleetfoot nuzzled up against Spitfire and closed her eyes.

"Okay..." she mumbled, hearing Spitfire chuckle softly.

The two entered the Captain's bedroom and Fleetfoot opened her eyes long enough to climb into the bed. Spitfire joined her, and pulled her in close. Fleetfoot snuggled up to her, yawning.

"Goodnight Fleet." Spitfire murmured

"Night Thpitty." Fleetfoot whispered, resting in Spitfire's hooves.


Fleetfoot was running through a snowstorm, chasing after the object again. She tripped and fell through the molten glass again, hooves waving. Before she could cry out and wake up, a white fog surrounded her and she stood in a snowy plain with flurries sweeping around her.

"Why did you have to be so foolish?" Fleetfoot turned to see the same figure as before, as usual, shrouded in snow.

"What do you mean? I got the Thummer Rothe!"

"Yes, and you needed a Star Weaver to do it!"

"Well, my way worked. I don't think I have to remind you that the latht hundred timeth, ponieth from my family failed. You mentioned you knew how they weren't able to."

"Perhaps, but I didn't help them! You disobeyed me!"

"Well, if you're really tho mad then why are you talking to me in the firtht place?!"

"You're still the next generation of Ice Familiars, so it's my duty to try and help."

"Tho are you going to get on with it?" Fleetfoot asked

"Not if you keep disrespecting me!"

Fleetfoot sighed and rubbed her foreleg.

"Look, I'm not trying to dithobey you, but when you're working together to accomplish thomething, it'th important that you lithen to everyone. If thomepony hath a better idea that might work, you need to hear them out."

"Perhaps...I still have a few things to learn, it seems..." the pony murmured "So what did you have in mind?"

"I should be able to accept the help of my friendth, including Rainbow Dash and Thpitfire."

"The Phoenix Mage? She's the exact opposite of everything our powers are! They represent peace, calm, the silence and beauty of a winter night! She represents tension, frustrations, all the unpredictability of a blazing fire!"

"I know. That'th why I love her." Fleetfoot sighed, then looked up. "And why I need her. She putth forward tho many ideath I never would have though of. Our powerth, being oppothite of herth, would mean logic and reathoning. Thpitfire'th tho creative and full of imagination, it'th how she cometh up with tho many amazing flight formationth."

"Well...I suppose if she's that vital..." the mare sighed "I guess she and the Star Weaver could be allowed to help."

"Thank you." Fleetfoot said. "Now, can you tell me about the Rothe of Thpring?"

"Yes..." she stepped closer. "The Rose was moved from its original location by me, when I found it. I needed a place to safely put it-"

"Then why didn't the otherth move?"

"I learned after my failure that the roses returned to their original places. But the Rose of Spring found the place I put them to be much better than it's original."

"Then doeth that mean it'th part of the rhyme ith unreliable?"

"The rhyme changed with it, not in pony's minds but the ancient scriptures that the Royal Sisters made for the Roses. They would have noticed the change. As for the rose, I placed it in a place where I would always remember."

"Where?"

"A place very close to my heart. North, where our Ice powers resonate the most. But near a place named after the first friend I ever made. Who touched my heart in a way few ever did." the mare touched a hoof to her chest.

"They were important enough to have a place named after them?"

"Yes, they were."

"The rhyme mentionth water, and tho did you latht time we thpoke through a dream. Ith it an ocean? Or a thtrait? Oh! Glacierth are riverth of ice, ith that it?!"

"My, you are eager. I was too upon seeking the Spring Rose. One step closer to the answers I needed. You were closer the first time."

"An ocean..." Fleetfoot thought, racking her brain to try and recall any important oceans near the north. But she wasn't that smart. She would need to consult some maps. Fleetfoot looked up and saw the mare was fading.

"You are awakening."

"I figured. Goodbye, friend. What ith your name, anyway?"

"...." The mare hesitated, and Fleetfoot pricked her ears. "...Call me Ice Lily for now. I don't feel ready to tell you my true name."


Fleetfoot opened her eyes slowly, seeing Spitfire still cuddled up against her. Fleetfoot smiled and gave her a soft peck on the lips. Spitfire grunted and her eyes opened. She blinked a moment before focusing.

"Fleet? What's wrong?" Spitfire sat up slightly.

"Nothing..." Fleetfoot said, smiling and snuggling up into Spitfire's chest, wrapping her hooves around her and resting there. "I had another dream, the mare gave me a clue to where the next rothe ith."

"Should we go wake Rainbow and Soarin?" Spitfire asked

"Give them a little longer." Fleetfoot cuddled up and Spitfire put her hooves around her. "I want to thtay like thith for a bit."

Spitfire smiled and hugged her.

"Okay Fleet. Let me know when you're ready."