• Published 14th Jan 2020
  • 684 Views, 51 Comments

Frozen Family - Melody Song



Fleetfoot must go on another adventure. This time to find the truth behind her Ice Magic

  • ...
0
 51
 684

A Happy End

"Why are we going to Canterlot?" Rainbow asked as they took off, heading for the mountain city.

"Becauthe Dark Shooter needth to hear thith." Fleetfoot replied

They made it there quickly and landed. Dark Shooter seemed to have been expecting them, he was waiting at the gate to the castle.

"Fleet, you're here. Princess Luna said you'd be coming, I don't know why she thought you would." Dark Shooter said, trotting to them.

"Well, we're here. And we brought the rotheth." Fleetfoot said

They walked into the castle with little trouble, seeing as Dark Shooter was with them, and the guards had likely learned their lesson from attempting to halt them before. Dark Shooter led them to the throne room, where Princess Celestia sat, waiting. As they stood before her, Princess Luna entered. Trotting beside her, now without her brown cloak, was Snowdrop. She seemed perfectly at home, as though this was where she was always meant to be.

"Ah, young Miss Frost. I take it you've brought the roses of the seasons?" Princess Luna asked

"Yeth, your highnethth." Fleetfoot opened her saddlebags and pulled out the four roses.

Rainbow took the Summer Rose, Soarin held the Spring Rose, Spitfire the Fall Rose, and Fleetfoot held up the Rose of Winter. The roses glowed with an ethereal light, and lifted from their holder. Their stems intertwined, forming a bouquet. Fleetfoot watched them lower into her hooves.

"What now?" Rainbow asked

"You ask it your questions or tell it your wish." Princess Luna said

Fleetfoot took a breath. "Where did the magic of the Ice Familiarth come from? I know the Winter Thpiritth gave them to Thnowdrop but where did they come from before then?"

The flowers glowed, and a genderless voice echoed around the throne room.

"The Winter Spirits gifted the magic of Ice Familiars to a young filly known as Snowdrop. Before that, they came from the creatures known as the Sperarum Glacialis Noctibus. They simply called themselves the Glacials. They were a breed of ponies with the ability to manipulate ice. All were Pegasi, but their coats were shades of white or blue, same with their eyes and manes. They lived for a long time, but gradually began to lessen in population size. In a last attempt to save their kind, they sent their magic to the wind of the Winter Spirits, to find someone who would treasure it and pass it on to their descendants. It was gifted to Snowdrop, because she loved the night and while she could not see the stars, or the snow that fell, she knew they were there. And she knew she could wish on them, be they magic or not."

"Wow." Dark Shooter breathed.

"So that is where the powers came from." Snowdrop said.

"Have you any more questions?" Princess Luna asked kindly. Fleetfoot nodded, and looked up at the roses again.

"...Will I get a happily ever after?" Fleetfoot asked "Doeth everything turn out okay?"

"Yes. Your happily ever after will come. You will no longer be held in the grasp of your parents and you will forever be protected by those you love."

Fleetfoot breathed a sigh of relief. "One more thing...ith it poththible for you to fix my lithp?"

"Yes, it is."

"Fleet..." Spitfire stepped forwards

Fleetfoot sighed. She wanted to be whole, to have no problems with speech. But there was really no point. What Spitfire had said was true. Everyone she knew and cared for understood her. They loved her despite her lisp and never needed her to repeat herself. They didn't care that she had a speech defect, they loved her for who she was.

"Alright...then ith it poththible..." Fleetfoot looked over at Snowdrop. "For you to grant thomepony thight?"

"Fleetfoot, you don't have to do this." Snowdrop trotted forwards, wings outstretched to feel what was to the side of her, so she wouldn't run into anything.

"She does not, no." Luna was at Snowdrop's side instantly. "But can you honestly say you don't deserve to see after all these years? To see the world? To see the stars?" Luna lowered her head down to brush her muzzle against Snowdrop's. "To see me?"

"I would love nothing more Lulu." Snowdrop replied "But I have lived my whole life not seeing. I know my blindness is a disadvantage, and I long to see you myself. But I am used to this and I require no more than your voice and your wing around me." Snowdrop replied, pressing against her.

Fleetfoot smiled at them, then turned to Spitfire and nuzzled her. "I can thay the thame for you. It'th why I..." Fleetfoot pressed against Spitfire. "I'm not going to fix my lithp."

Spitfire pulled Fleetfoot close, kissing her. They let go of each other after a minute and looked over at the roses, which began to glow. Luna wrapped a wing securely around Snowdrop as a wind began to blow and the bouquet glowed brighter. As quickly as the wind had come, it had disappeared. They all rubbed their eyes and looked up. The roses were gone.

"Where'd they go?" Rainbow asked

"Back to their hiding places, I imagine." Snowdrop replied, Rainbow's question telling her what had happened.

"But why?" Soarin asked

"It seems they realized they were no longer needed." Celestia replied

"So what now? Sis?" Dark Shooter trotted to Spitfire and Fleetfoot.

"We go home." Fleetfoot said, nuzzling Spitfire.

"You four are free to go if you wish." Luna agreed, leaning down to nuzzle Snowdrop, who smiled back. "I believe Snowdrop asked me to give her a tour of the city, so we will escort you out."

"Thank you Princethth." Fleetfoot said as they headed out of the throne room, leaving Dark Shooter and Celestia behind.

"It is no trouble, and please Miss Frost, I think it's time you called me Luna." she said, giving Fleetfoot a soft smile.

"Alright...Luna." Fleetfoot said as they reached the entrance to the castle and spread their wings to take off.

The four pegasi took to the air, waving down to Luna and Snowdrop. Luna waved in response as Snowdrop opened her wings and hovered in midair, to be level with Luna.

"Is it just me or do those two look like a couple?" Rainbow asked

"You thee it too?" Fleetfoot asked, smiling. "Yeah. I could tell from the way they interacted. Kind of like how Thpit and I uthed to be, before we thtarted dating."

"So...does that mean if they start dating then you'll be related to a Princess?" Rainbow asked, and Fleetfoot's eyes widened.

"I didn't think of that..." Fleetfoot said, and Rainbow grinned.

"Awesome, I'll have two royal friends." she said, prompting laughter from the others. "What?"

"Nothing Rainbow." Fleetfoot sighed "I'm jutht glad that everything'th okay."

"Me too honey." Spitfire nuzzled her. Fleetfoot smiled, nuzzling back.

"Love you."

"Love you too Fleety."

Author's Note:

Just an Epilogue and we're done guys. I hope you all liked this chapter, and what I have in store for the epilogue.

~Melody Song