• Published 14th Jan 2020
  • 682 Views, 51 Comments

Frozen Family - Melody Song



Fleetfoot must go on another adventure. This time to find the truth behind her Ice Magic

  • ...
0
 51
 682

Nightmares Calling

Fleetfoot woke up to somepony nuzzling her, shoving her in the side.

"Get off." Fleetfoot moaned, "It'th too early."

"Fleet, it's the same time as we normally get up."

The blankets were yanked off and Fleetfoot was forced to sit up, groggily rubbing her eyes. Spitfire was standing over her, concern evident on her face.

"Are you okay? You're usually up when I go to wake the others." Spitfire asked

"I'm fine Thpitty, I jutht haven't been thleeping well." Fleetfoot said, stifling a yawn.

"If we have to go back to you staying in the sleeping quarters, I'm okay with it. I know I'm not the easiest pony to sleep with." Spitfire began, but Fleetfoot shook her head.

"No Thpitty, it'th not that. I love thleeping with you." Fleetfoot reached over and hugged her. Spitfire wrapped her own wings around her in return.

"Then what's the problem? Come on, you can tell me honey." Spitfire kissed her cheek gently.

"Well, I've kind of been having bad dreamth. It doethn't have anything to do with uth being together." Fleetfoot told her

"Alright, if you're still okay for practice, then I won't push it. But if you're too tired to fly properly I'm going to have to look into it. Okay?"

"Okay. Thank you baby-" Fleetfoot cut herself off, stifling a yawn. Spitfire nuzzled her gently.

"Get ready for practice, we're meeting outside with the others in ten minutes." Spitfire said. Fleetfoot nodded and kissed her gently in response.


"Great job today 'bolts! Go hit the mess hall for lunch!" Spitfire called, and they all headed inside. Fleetfoot stayed outside for a while, watching the sky.

"What do you want?" she murmured, talking to her nightmares as the memory of what she'd dreamed entered her thoughts. "Whatever it ith, why ith it me that you're calling? I'm no hero." she muttered

"Fleet, you okay?" Rainbow's voice snapped her back into reality, and Fleetfoot turned to face her.

"Yeah, fine. Jutht thinking." Fleetfoot answered.

"Fleet, you sure?" Soarin trotted up beside Rainbow "We can go get Spitfire if-"

"No, I'm okay. I don't need to bother her with anything."

"Well, talking to yourself is kind of..." Rainbow trailed off.

"What?" Fleetfoot asked

"Nevermind. I was just going to make a joke about Twilight but you don't know her well enough to get it." Rainbow replied

"Can you guyth leave me alone for a little bit? Pleathe?" Fleetfoot asked, turning back to the sky.

"Of course. Come on Dashie, let's go eat." their hoofsteps sounded behind her as they left.

"Don't call me that!" came Rainbow's flustered response

"You know you love it." Soarin's cheeky response had apparently rendered Rainbow speechless, because the only sound was the door opening and closing behind them.

The memories flickered at the edge of her vision, tempting Fleetfoot into their grasp. She closed her eyes and allowed them to flood her gaze. Running through snow, chasing something. Then, tripping and tumbling...into a shape that resembled clear, molten glass. An ice blue thing drifted by. She reached for it, feeling the glass hardening around her, trapping the air in her lungs, covering her muzzle. Her eyes closed and...nothing. Fleetfoot opened her eyes and sang under her breath.

"Every time I close my eyes
I hear a voice inside

Shut it out
Don't let them take control

But this nightmare's calling me
from within." Fleetfoot raised her voice and took off, heading into the sky.

"Okay nightmare,
I'm listening, have at it

Pull me closer in
To your tightening grip

You want me to follow
Lead me then

Take me to you
What do you want?!

I'm here, just let me
Have a peaceful night!

Just tell me what you want
So I can finally be free

Every time I shake it off
You call for me again

These dreams won't stop
Until whatever job is done

This nightmare's calling me
From within." Fleetfoot stopped singing and fell onto a cloud.

"Fleet." Spitfire landed beside her.

"You heard all that, didn't you?"

"Yeah. Tell me what's going on, please." Spitfire urged

"Thpitty, It'th fine. I think I'm jutht a little rethtlethth." Fleetfoot said. Spitfire shook her head, but she didn't say anything else about it.


Fleetfoot woke up from the nightmare again, crying and hugging herself. Hooves wrapped around her and she sank into Spitfire's embrace.

"I'm here Fleety, don't worry. It was only a dream." Spitfire kissed her forehead gently and Fleetfoot sobbed into her chest.

"I-it wath tho real." Fleetfoot cried, and Spitfire hugged her close.

"I think...maybe the powers are trying to tell you something. I was talking with my mom recently, she said when I was born, she had to take me to Princess Celestia to tell her about my magic. Maybe the nightmares are your powers' way of telling you to do the same?"

"Maybe. It doethn't feel like that though." Fleetfoot sniffled, looking up at her marefriend.

"Well, then who better to talk to than the Princess of the Night?" Spitfire asked, and Fleetfoot nodded, nuzzling up close.