• Published 20th Aug 2019
  • 1,425 Views, 8 Comments

I Love You - BoredAuthor817



In the wake of an accident, a survivor tries to collect the pieces.

  • ...
6
 8
 1,425

Epilogue: Four Months Later

Twilight leaned back in her bed, gently rocking the tiny bundle in her arms. She gently ran a finger along a tiny ear. She gently stroked the soft hair.

The newborn stretched as she happily nursed. Tiny fingers reached out and wrapped themselves around the mother's.

Twilight held her daughter tighter. That night a few months ago, though still fresh in her mind, seemed so far away.

Despite her own injuries, the baby had been largely unharmed. They did have their moments, but in the end, she gave birth to a healthy baby girl.

Still, a sorrow hung over this happy occasion. She couldn't be here. She wouldn't get to meet her daughter.

Their daughter would never know the woman who saved her life; the woman who gave her own life so her daughter could have a chance.

Twilight smiled sadly, thinking of how she would have to raise their child alone. Though, it brightened slightly as she thought of her family and friends waiting outside. Yes, she was alone, but not completely alone.

She jumped slightly at a rapping on the door. Twilight looked at the figure standing in the doorway.

“You ready for visitors?”

“Yeah,” she said, “but, you and Dad get first viewing.”

“Grandparent privileges, huh?” Velvet joked, “I'll tell the others. Oh, by the way, the princess is here, too.”

“Princess Twilight?”

“No, the other one.”

“Then, she can come in with you.”

Velvet smiled, “I'll be back.”

Twilight's spirits were lifted as she was slowly surrounded by her family and friends. Each had brought a little something for the newborn. Everyone wanted to hold her.

“You still haven't told us her name,” said Cadence.

Twilight lightly chuckled, “I was waiting for everyone to be present when I announced it.”

“Well, it had better be something completely awesome!”

“You can do that to yer own child, Rainbow Dash,” Applejack chided.

“What?” Rainbow whined, “I only want a name that she would've approved of.”

“Oh,” Twilight said with a twinkle in her eye, “I'm sure she would have approved of this.” She held up the baby for all to see, “Everyone, and everypony, I would like you to meet Sunshimmer.”

Author's Note:

Hey, folks!

As mentioned before,this was written for Oroboro's Sunset Shipping Contest.

Go check it out, if you haven't already.

Also, since this is one of three stories written, go check out my other two here and here.

Till later, y'all!

Comments ( 7 )
Posh #1 · Aug 20th, 2019 · · 1 ·

You know, even if you can't see anything graphic, I can't help feeling like having a picture of a real-life traffic accident as cover art for your MLP shipfic is a little... tacky.

Sunshimmer

it was at this moment when my liquid pride turned into crying

I'm a little lost: someone was intentionally trying to hit them? Shards and blood, that's awful.

I know these stories are about loss and all, but man, that stung. Sunset's willingness to sacrifice herself and protect Twilight was such a brave and selfless act. You were a good person Sunset. At least Sunset's legacy will live on through her daughter.

9791135

"someone was intentionally trying to hit them?"

No, no one was after them intentionally. I envisioned a drunk driver.

My uncle had a similar situation with one where the (drunk) guy was driving straight for him and, as my uncle moved to let the guy pass, the guy just followed my uncle. To avoid complete disaster, my uncle ended up crashing his vehicle in a ditch.

Of course, given the narrative style that I chose, there are many details and things that aren't there. So, I guess in that sense, whatever Twilight doesn't report is up for reader interpretation.

I’m so sad! It was meant to be sad! I love how sad I am!

I just enjoyed it overall. xD

<3

9791175
Okay, that's slightly less awful. Still awful, but not as awful as someone trying to ram them intentionally.

The emotions in this are really well written, gosh. Absolutely heart-wrenching. My only criticism would be--and call me a sadist for this--that the epilogue actually kinda detracts from the gut-wrenching tragedy preceding it. That's a minor concern though, as this is absolutely a great little snapshot story.

Login or register to comment