• Published 28th Apr 2021
  • 386 Views, 24 Comments

Odds 'n' Ends - TheAncientPolitzanian



Flashes of everyday (and, in some cases, not-so-everyday) life in Ponyville, Equestria, and the lands beyond.

  • ...
5
 24
 386

Crushing; or, One-Sided, Other-Sided

"Rari—" Spike jolted awake, only to slam his head against his cave's ceiling. "Gah!"

The gargantuan dragon massaged his aching cranium, pondering the dream that'd startled him so. He hadn't dreamt about Rarity like… like that for centuries, for Celestia's sake!

"Wanna explain digging up my first crush, Luna?" Not like she can answer, he lamented.

"Aha!" a decidedly un-Luna-like voice cheered outside. "Someone is in there!"

A purple unicorn — no older than the Elements once were, aeons ago — skipped into Spike's shadowy abode. Her frizzy blue mane bobbed as she pronked to a halt beneath him. "Hi there!" She waved, her bracelet jingling. "You must be the 'Spike' Sunny mentioned! My name's Iz—"

Mid-introduction, the sunrise struck Spike's face, allowing "Iz" to actually see it.

Her reaction? Instantly familiar: helplessly smitten.

"—zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy," Izzy droned, blushing.

"…"

"…"

"…Crud," Spike grumbled. "That explains it."


Author's Note:

May 2023 flashfic based on the prompt "carousel" by mushroompone. My first published… well, anything of 2023, as well as my first kinda-sorta foray into G5! Regarding the latter, preemptive apologies for any potential lore inaccuracies; I still need to get caught up.
:twilightsheepish:

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment