• Published 28th Apr 2021
  • 386 Views, 24 Comments

Odds 'n' Ends - TheAncientPolitzanian



Flashes of everyday (and, in some cases, not-so-everyday) life in Ponyville, Equestria, and the lands beyond.

  • ...
5
 24
 386

Six Ways to the Summer Sun

Author's Note:

This would've been my submission to the Flashfic group's July 2021 prompt "Anniversary", but, like most of the things I wanted to do here in July, I wasn't able to finish it in time. Whoops.
:twilightsheepish:

IMO, it's not as good as my other Flashfics, but I hope you'll get a kick out of it anyway.


"Ah swear, the meaning of this day changes every few years," Applejack remarked.

"How so?" Twilight asked, though she already understood what her friend meant.

"Ah mean, first it was all about Princess Celestia savin' Equestria from eternal night. Then it was about Princess Luna and her return. And now…"

"…It's a celebration of everything both of them did for Equestria," Twilight finished.

"Exactly, Twi."

Rarity nodded. "Indeed. The Summer Sunset Celebration's been subject to a variety of interpretations over the years."

Suddenly, the sound of cheerful chuckling made five heads turned towards a sixth.

"What's so funny, Pinkie?" Rainbow asked, confused.

Pinkie steadied herself. "Not 'funny' really, just… Don't get me wrong, I know all of that's important, but… it isn't what's most important about the day to me."

"…Well, what does it mean to you, Pinkie?" Fluttershy asked.

Pinkie smiled earnestly. "It's the day we all became friends."