• Published 28th Apr 2021
  • 386 Views, 24 Comments

Odds 'n' Ends - TheAncientPolitzanian



Flashes of everyday (and, in some cases, not-so-everyday) life in Ponyville, Equestria, and the lands beyond.

  • ...
5
 24
 386

Country Morn

"It's all about positioning, Rainbow," Applejack explained. "Too far from the tree, nothin'll happen. Too close, 'n' if the trunk don't break, it'll be yer leg that does."

Too tired to heed her fiancée's advice, Rainbow bucked the tree from too far away. Apples fell regardless, but not many.

Applejack sighed. "Dash, what'd I just tell ya?"

"Look, AJ, you know I love you," Rainbow groaned, "but I'm just not a morning pony, okay?"

"Sorry, Rainbow," Applejack began, "but if yer livin' under our roof from now on, ya've gotta play by our rules. B'sides, y'know the saying: 'Early birds get the worms'."

"We're not birds, AJ!" the pegasus retorted.

Applejack rolled her eyes. "Y'know what? Follow me, Rainbow; Ah know what'll make a morning pony outta you."


"So, whaddaya think?"

Rainbow grinned, her eyes fixed on the beautiful sunrise dawning over the Acres. "I could get used to this."


Author's Note:

September 2021 flashfic based on the prompt "Meanwhile, Down on the Farm…" by Somerset Cider. Yet another addition to the list of ideas I'd like to revisit someday.

(You may have also noticed that I accidentally reused Rainbow's "We're not birds!" retort from The Early Bookworm. Whoops.)