• Published 28th Apr 2021
  • 386 Views, 24 Comments

Odds 'n' Ends - TheAncientPolitzanian



Flashes of everyday (and, in some cases, not-so-everyday) life in Ponyville, Equestria, and the lands beyond.

  • ...
5
 24
 386

Three Hundred and Thirty-Three

"'#333: Underneath a large, egglike rock east of Vanhoover'," Twilight read aloud. She lowered the centuries-old parchment, examining the matching boulder before her. "Well, this looks like the place."

Her horn ignited, and the stone slid aside. Long ago, this maneuver would've been grueling, even for the young alicorn she'd then been; nowadays, not so much.

The Princess of Friendship instantly recognized the relic occupying the newly exposed crater; after all, she'd uncovered many identical others over the years. With eager anticipation, alongside an equal desire to savor the annual discovery, Twilight opened the box.

As always, five multicolored packages lay inside, but — also as always — Twilight seized the letters attached to each first. She picked one at random, then levitated it up to her muzzle.

A tear trickled past her wistful smile as she read her old friend's faded hoofwriting:

Happy three hundred and thirty-third birthday, Twilight!!!


Author's Note:

December 2021 flashfic based on the prompt "It's a Gift!" by KwirkyJ. Became a somewhat last-minute submission to the monthly contest after my initial plans to write a story centered around the Gift Givers fell through.