• Published 5th May 2019
  • 1,369 Views, 56 Comments

Head Over Heels - FoolAmongTheStars



Starlight has admired Sunburst ever since they were kids, but she's having trouble finding the courage to tell him so.

  • ...
2
 56
 1,369

xv. Attention

Starlight knew it wasn't the bravest thing she'd ever done, but she was only eleven; allowances should be made. She dashed up the hill, vaulted onto the front porch, and charged through the front door. Safe!

"Hey Starlight," Sunburst called cheerfully.

Ducking behind his back, she panted, "Hide me!"

"Are you playing a game?" he asked curiously. At thirteen Sunburst still like to play games, sometimes he would even drop his lessons in favor of playing with the younger campers if asked. His eyes sparkled in anticipation of the fun.

"Not exactly," she managed with a half-hearted smile.

A sharp rap at the front widened her eyes, and Sunburst held a hoof to his lips, then hurried to answer the door. "Prince Bramble!" he exclaimed happily. "What brings you here?"

Bramble gazed up at him with a friendly smile. "I’m looking for Starlight."

"Is that so?" he hedged with a nervous little laugh.

Starlight couldn't help but smile, for Sunburst was a terrible liar. However, her amusement disappeared as a light airy voice hailed the entrance of the house. That was quick.

"Good afternoon, Lord Thorax!" the young stallion greeted.

"Looks like we had the same idea," the changeling said, smirking down on the young deer.

Unruffled, Bramble haughtily announced, "You cannot enter without permission."

"I wasn't gonna barge," Thorax grumbled defensively. Turning to Sunburst, he said, "Excuse me! Can I come in?"

Sunburst smile twitched awkwardly in his face, but he glanced uncertainly behind him. "Erm... I don't think that's a good idea, Lord Thorax."

"How come? I know she’s here."

"But I don't think Starlight..."

"I was here first," Bramble interrupted with youthful authority.

"Well, that's true," Sunburst allowed.

It might have gone on forever if a low growl hadn't cut across the bickering. Spike stalked into the room, his tail twitching in annoyance. He plucked Starlight from her flimsy hiding place, tossing her onto his shoulders before rounding on the adolescent creatures at the door. "You both may have your eyes on this mare, but I assert the prior claim. So back off."

Changelings and deers knew better than to cross dragons, so Bramble and Thorax exchanged a look, then bowed in unison. Spike nodded in satisfaction, then vanished, taking Starlight with him.

Author's Note:

I'm so sorry for the late update! But things should go back to a regular schedule! thanks for reading!

Comments ( 4 )

Something is going on here. Eager to see what.

He lives! Im so looking forward to more!

Wait, so Prince Bramble, Thorax, and Spike are all in love with Starlight? ‘Cause that’s what I’m getting here

10298536
OH MY GOD! THANK YOU FOR THE KIND WORDS! :heart: This is the sweetest message I've received in a while!
I'm flattered that this little story brought you here in the first place, welcome to Fimfiction! I do have plans of continuing this story, it just fell on the wayside unintentionally as I started working on other projects, I can't promise a date or an update but this story is still on the back of my mind. As for a sequel, I think its too soon to say but I have an idea for one, not sure if I could follow through, just vague thought of how I want things to go. Again, thank you for the kind words, and I hope you have a great day!

Login or register to comment