• Published 8th Aug 2012
  • 725 Views, 66 Comments

Pets of Ponyville - Gabriel LaVedier

  • ...
4
 66
 725
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 21 )

Very interesting discussion about relationships. And the Ditzy reasoning, I think I like it best among those I have seen.

1465469

Thanks. I sort of set it up earlier. In "Elements of Discord" actually. She just makes the right comment after reading a scene withou even realizing. I haven't done a lot with "wild magical talents" bit I've pinpointed three non-unicorns with what ought to be unicorn skills, Ditzy, Pinkie and Bad Apple (he can only read sevens in a deck of cards because that was the first activation cue he ever used; were he a unicorn he could eventually train his skill until he could read every book in a library at the same time by touching the building.)

1468296

Hmm, it's been so long I don't remember her in EoD at all. I guess that means I need to go back and reread for the scene.

Brilliant characters.

Really nice story. Well-written with a nice plot. I liked it. :twilightsmile:

2552313

Glad you like it! This was one of the stories I find most casually amusing.

2552339

What was wrong with chapter three?

well written but a bit to much pinkie pie in this:pinkiegasp: i know but having 2 near carbon copies of her doesent sit well with me:pinkiesick: but it is very well done other wise for what is so :moustache::moustache::moustache: and a :raritycry: tail out of 5

2580676

I see what you mean but I rarer thought they all served well in their roles.

2684548

What? Why?

Also: if it's about Opal and Angel, chances are sex may have been involved.

2684932

Just wait for the next chapter.

2684918
Well you have
Rarity X Fluttershy
Sweetie Belle X Scootaloo
Applejack X Rainbow Dash
Ditzy X Carrot Top
Berry Punch X Colgate
Zecora X Applebloom
And Screwball X OC

I can't enjoy this fic as much as I want to when every turn leads to a bad end (If you catch my drift)

2685167

First of all, sorry you hate my continuity ships but they were established in other stories. So... yea. Just my personal ships. If that honestly affects how you feel about the story, cutting through the capacity to just enjoy the writing itself... that's bad. What's worse is telling me, as though it will change how I write.

So, you don't feel sorry for Tank? That's sad. The poor fellow had his heart broken until that last chapter.

2689432 How can I feel bad for a talking turtle?

Don't blame me for these things. Seriously, I can take one or two ships here and there that I don't like, but when you have Foalcon and a ship like Ditzy X Carrot Top (No Time Turner?) I just loose all attention and barely read it. I do not remember why they were even there in the first place.

2689452

It's not foalcon. Terms and definitions matter. It's called "Toy ship" for Scootabelle. And "Jail Bait Wait" for Zecorabloom. It would only be foalcon if the relationships were physical as opposed to strictly emotional and intellectual.

The ships are there as illustration for the lesson Owlowicious is teaching Peewee and himself, and as continuity hooks connecting the story to the timeline of other stories. And yes, no Time Turner. He's Doctor Whooves here but is just a regular doctor. Berry and Colgate's doctor, in fact. He got Berry into rehab for her alcohol addiction.

How can you not feel sorry for Tank? He's a character just like any of the ponies. You should have a deep emotional investment, in fact, because he was The Woobie in "May the best pet win."

3978900

Heh. I rather like leaving that implied. The way people imagine it is probably cuter than what I could come up with.

I like it. I like the way you did the ships. I mean and Opal and Angel being together is expected. Their personalities work well together. I really like the way you didn't just automatically have the pets fall in love with their owner's lover's pet. (Ex. Winona/Tank). For the record, some of DisneyFanatic's younger OCs are in romantic, but not physical, relationships.

Very nice. I am only here because I made a story with the same table, and this was worth it.
Take a fav and thumbs up

11550270
Oh, same title, I see.

Thank you so much!

Login or register to comment