• Published 27th Mar 2019
  • 4,017 Views, 279 Comments

Four Stars - Moterius



Samuel has lived a (he thought) boring live, so he happily accepted the offer some sort of spirit made to him.

  • ...
23
 279
 4,017

Interlude

Welcome back. I did not expect you to enter the world between worlds intentionally, at least not so soon.

“Vortex?” I asked, realizing that I felt… different.

For the time being, you are an… emergent being. The culmination of your four personalities, but yet not their true union. That is why it feels like something is wrong.

There are a lot of things I never taught you before. Me intervening subtly in your world has changed events. Nightmare surprised me. I expected you would become four completely normal alicorns. I was wrong.

“Then what is it that you need to teach me?”

Teleportation. Here, take this and remember it.

I could see that it was a magic circle, designed similar to a teleportation or summoning circle.

Both.

“Did you just read my mind?”

I cannot help it. Right now, we both are just beings of thought, but I shield my thoughts so that you do not hear me thinking. I’ve been told it is quite distracting.

I glanced down.

“Not to say anything, but I still have a body,” I drily responded, not sure if it was Day or Night that was making me do it.

It is you who believes you have a body. Not like it matters much.

“That much is true,” I shrugged, accepting it.

Good. Now, as you probably are aware, jumping straight into the multiverse had… detrimental effects on you, you, you, and you.

“No need to rub it in!” Day snapped back, before receding back into me.

Good. Now, I believe there is something you need that I can help you with. I will bring you to an ‘Eques’.

Nightmare blinked.

“What exactly do you want?”

Well, remember what I told you in the beginning?

“Something something perceived and real balances something something,” I deadpanned, not sure who it was that answered.

Correct. You see, while you did a fine job at causing change, the concept out of balance now is life and death.

“Is ‘change’ different from ‘chaos’?” Samantha asked, causing Vortex to nod.

Yes. You changed things, you did not disrupt them. You made things unintentionally orderly, and unintentionally chaotically. Not important right now, besides the fact that neutral change may not tip the scales, but does help so that they will not fall over.

In any case, I can only help you here if you agree to a small deal.

“...what sort of deal?” Nightmare asked, skeptical.

I believe I just told you the balance of life and death is tipped in the wrong direction, did I not? There are two problematic worlds right now, one from an ...unavailable creator who lived on the first version of earth to exist in the multiverse, and one version of Eques.

The problem is, right now, there are thousands of creatures alive that will NOT be there anymore when the thousandth year will come in that version of Eques.

“I think I understand,” Daybreaker responded, cautious. “You want us to save as many beings as possible, right?”

Correct. Since you are not one yet, you will also not land in the same places. In a way, that is a good thing, though. You do what you can to help the creatures on the planet, and before the summer solstice comes, you meet up in Ponyville. Another thing, if you do this task good enough, that will gain you enough ‘favor’ so that I can mend you into one being, like you were supposed to be.

I / we thought a moment about it.

“...very well. One thing before you send us away, though.”

Yeah?

“I left something in the other version of Eques I visited, so that I can talk with the ‘me’ in that world. If I want to travel to that world, how do I do that?”

You know what? Just call upon me.

“What? I thought I would need to do something for you to help me?”

No, not for something so trivial. Do you have any other questions?

Travelling between worlds is trivial?

Ignoring that thought, I found that I had no other questions.

“No.”

Good. Then, please do brace yourself. Oh, and I can only bring you to worlds you already visited.

While I did start feel his power enveloping me, it did not teleport me instantly. So, I asked him why that was.

Well, to travel to a world, you need to know where it is first. For beings like me, knowing about a world is considered far more worth than transporting something to a world like that, and as such, I cannot bring you to worlds you have not visited yet for free.

“That makes sense,” I responded, eliciting a nod from him.

I’m glad you can see that. Good luck, he said, before his powers whisked me away.

Comments ( 17 )

Interesting.

“I left something in the other version of Eques I visited, so that I can talk with the ‘me’ in that world. If I want to trave to that world, how do I do that?”

Travel.

For the time being, you are a… emergent being. The culmination of your four personalities, but yet not their true union. That is why it feels like something is wrong.

You know... I'm pretty sure you didn't forget 'a' and 'an' are a thing. :P

“...what sort off deal?” Nightmare asked, sceptical.

Trust in the devil you know... They have all de cookies in de wooooorld.

Travelling between worlds is trivial ?

*looks at Starswirl's mirror portals*
I mean... sort of true. If you are a cooky old archmage, that is. Or a crazy scientist.
...or both. :D

Alright, now I'm interested in seeing where you take this

Fast travel unlocked!

Would be neat if she/they were able to split back down into four beings at will eventually, but meh.

10613283
Ah... maybe I should clarify.
‘They’ are only temporarily united. As soon as they become material again, they will split into four beings again.
Vortex also stated they ‘are not one’ yet. The reason they form one being here is that they are so similar to each other that the border between them becomes blurred for a moment. ‘They’ still do have to find a permanent way of fusing together again.

10720428
You're misunderstanding what the point of an "Anthro" tag is. If your story contains anthro characters, you are supposed to have the tag. It doesn't matter if that's the focus of the story or not. There are many people, myself included, who do not particularly like anthro characters, and the purpose of the "Anthro" tag is to let us know whether the story contains that or not so that we as the reader can make an easier decision on whether or not we want to read that story. As for "constructive criticism", you were already told that the "anthro" tag was supposed to be on this story, and yet you did not change it. If you expect people to not be critical of that, then you are woefully mistaken.

10720854
Fimfiction tag-information:

In general, categories are used to describe overall themes. A comedic moment in one paragraph, in a story that is otherwise devoid of it, should probably not be tagged comedy.

The same can be true for every other tag. If the story does not focus on it, the tag is not necessary. While I do agree that anthro isn't the greatest type of thing, condemning the whole story because it starts out as anthro and transitions over to regular pony/human/whatever is a bit petty. If it really is that much of a problem, a simple note in the story description would be sufficient instead of flagging the whole story as anthro.

Don't know about the argument that I just read in the comments but this has been a wonderful read, regardless of whether it has the tags i would give it. I'm not the writer and therefore i do not have a say in this. i'm also going to follow this. Just in case it continues.:twilightsmile:

10925012
The main issue with this story’s continuation was that the image of it I had ended about here, and it has been difficult to find a good way to continue from this point. You guys should expect an update by the end of this month at the latest.
In addition to that, right now I am looking which other story ideas might be viable. No spoilers, though.

10926187
just take it easy and have fun with your writing. its more than i can do with words. more of a block by block kind of person i guess.🙂
i look forward to the continuation.:twilightsmile:

While the story is kinda haphazard, I like it. The writing isn't terrible (though it could be better), and the story kinda makes sense and follows a central plot (though it could do better). With a bit* of polishing and more fleshing out, it could become a very interesting story, and the fact that it's something I haven't seen before can only help.

* okay, a lot of polishing and fleshing out; there are very few proper pieces of lore, and there're quite a few timeskips over the "boring parts" still (usually summarised in the "And over the next two weeks, I {x}." fashion - bit of a pet peeve of mine).

Comment posted by sinewystatue382 deleted Mar 3rd, 2022

Damn this was so good, now I'm upset I got to the end.

This is so different and fun! I hope you would come back to it soon.

Login or register to comment