• Published 20th Jul 2018
  • 4,799 Views, 131 Comments

Familiar - Cookies



Upon her return and when confronted by the new Bearers of the Elements of Harmony, Nightmare Moon decides to summon the foulest creature to ever exist (at least she thinks so).

  • ...
16
 131
 4,799

[[Cancellation Notice]] Updated Oct. 12 2019

Hello, I know this will come as disappointment to some, and believe me I'm the first to be disappointed at myself, because I self-promised to not let this story be another unfinished piece on this website.

As you may have seen, chapters started to take longer and longer to get published here.

Reason is, it takes me around 15 hours to write a chapter, and I'm someone that function in 'burst'.

That burst has been exhausted, and I can't seem to write now. (Is that what it feels to get a writer's block?)

I also don't have the time nowadays to spend a couple hours writing, if writing actually happens.

Furthermore, this story was originally supposed to stop when Anon went back to Earth, but I continued it because I was hyped to imagine what could happen after that. I should have made that continuation as a separate story I guess.

It's because of all these reasons that I'll put this story in Hiatus for an indefinite duration.

Gotta wait for another burst again.

If the burst happens to be for another idea of a story, I'll make sure to have everything planned out this time and to publish it when it's all writed out. (I don't like seeing unfinished story here, and I'm sure you do too).

To end on a good note, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to y'all.
May a lot of good stories stumble before your eyes in 2019!
=======
Hello.
It's been a while hasn't it? If you're here it's probably because you wanted to check on the story and I'm thankful for it.
After 10 months I figured I shouldn't keep you (and myself) hoping to have the inspiration into continuing this story, so I'm getting this one Cancelled.
I've had multiple ideas about new stories, wrote the synopsis for them and actively thinking about the beginning but apart from having stray ideas, I didn't get further than that.
I always loved seeing how a story was introduced, the world building, or how two wildly different things can be weaved together, and in hindsight, maybe it's why the 1st chapter is the one I like the most. The more I look to the other chapters and the more I wonder what the heck I was doing. Egh.
Maybe I should make 'write story beginnings' my thing. We'll see.

I'll stop my rambling now, thank you for having checked out the story. :pinkiehappy:

Author's Note:

And you guys made this appear in the Featured tab just after I published that Hiatus notice. :rainbowlaugh: Thank you all for reading!

Comments ( 12 )

I respect your decision and your writing process. I totally get the burst thing, thank you for posting this. I really don't like it when someone leaves their readers hanging. Thank you for making this story, and Merry Christmas!:twilightsmile:

Ok, you are glorious plothole, not that plot, but that that one. That's what I think about you right now. Know why? You just left us with a freaking huge cliffhanger and freaking walked away!!1 Yes, I typed that 1 intentionally.
Now listen here, take your freaking time, take as much as you need to feel amazing and be amazing again!
p.s. then come back and write a few other chapters. ;)
p.p.s. Don't forget to remove hiatus notice instead of replacing text and title with the new content when you come back since republishing chapter with a new content doesn't count as an update and we only see it when you publish a new one.
p.p.p.s. yes, when, not if, that would be mean otherwise. :P
p.p.p.p.s. four p-ies this time, right? One, two, three... right. Thanks for this story, I like it.

9368903
Whichever, he can't get away from being a spirit of harmony now. Actually, he already became one.
Ah, right, guess in the next chapter Twi will get to know 'bout Google and YouTube?
Poor filly, any prolonged lurk on the web leads to its weird side. No, not the dark one, but The Weird one. And the longer you stay and stare at it the deeper you go into abyss. And it stares back and says:

W̢̢̧̨̨̛͎̟̱͓̥̱͉̪̥̝̪̮̰͇̼̪͍̙͓͎̯̲̖̦̯̤͂̀̀͒̋̉̽͛̓͋̒͆̊̆̎̅̔̌͆̐̕͝͝͝ͅe̡̠̦̤̘͔̥̠͚̳͕̼͚͖̰̥̖͔̩̼͉̬͈̙̹͉̼̞̓̽̿͊́̈̅̐̀̿̆̂̄͋̉̈̈́̑̋̉̈́͘͜͝͝͝ͅͅl̨͕͈̲̤̹͖̺̹̼̤̭̩̘̺̲̘̰̫̭̪̮̘̪̫̳̟̊̀̂͊̇̈́͊̅́͌̓̓̀͒̾̅̌̑̄̋̽̌̾̏̅̇͐͠ͅͅc͍͍̰̠̯̰̣̹̲̯̥̮̮̬͇̰̦̘͕͖̥͎̺̩̮͖̩͛͑̑̏͂̆͐̀̎̈́̏͐̃̊͛̊͊̆̐͂̐̂̅̈́̀̒̑͛̚̚͘̕͘͜͝͠ͅǫ̧̛̛̰̮͕̯͚̭͚͕͕̼͉͓̤̪̯̠͕̗̪̦̦̩͎͙̣̙̯̳̘̀̈́̇̈̆̄̆̀͌̐͗̏̍̃͊͗̂̉̒̔̀̕̕̕̚͜͜ͅm̧̡̺̪̦̳̣̼̤͔͇̹̲̪͇͈̦̲̬̩̬̳̯͈̹̭̤̼̬̻͑̐̃̀̅͌͒̒̔̈̆̀͐́̒͗́́̈́̓͛͂̑͛̅̈́̑́̋͜͝e̢̨̧̧̧̘̱̳͇̮̫̭̣̮̼̫͕͎̫̜͕̣͖̜̩̼̤̥̽͋̃̈̅͌̈̈́̾͛͌̾̀͑̍̈́̌̈́͑͑̾̔͐̔̽̅̆̾̉͗͘͘͜͝͝͝ͅ

Happens! take your time, this isn't the only story most of us readers are tracking so we won't dry up don't worry! If you get hit with the inspiration stick and write another chapter we'll happily inhale your horse words just as happily tomorrow as we would have 6 months to a year from now. the only thing that changes between posting sooner rather than later is the amount of "thIs FiC iS AlIvE???" and "AutHoR ISN't DeAD!!11!11" comments you'll get but we'll be happy all the same i think!

Man I wish my bursts could last this long.

9373712
If you check the dates on which chapters were published, you'd see I tried to stay on board for a while now.

But also, was that a sex joke.

9374099
Um...I did see how long you stuck with it. It was a heck of a lot longer then I normally can. Was trying to make a compliment, sorry if it seemed otherwise.

Also no that was not intended XD

9374310
Nah don't worry I understood what you meant the first time, I just tried to point out the burst actually didn't stay that long (mainly the first few chapters with each chapters getting published every few days).
Then I kept going on what remnants of it I still had.

9369221
*shivers, remembering 'The Wierd' that he has seen*:rainbowderp:

9423064
Dang, sorry about that. I should have said that the action was done by a professional and to not be done at home.

Well, those ponies could certainly act a bit more mature... instituting new, sweeping policies without consulting all pertinent (and the single most important) parties... For instance, not making an offer of embassy, but instead declaring someone an ambassador? It was logical for how Luna acted without thinking all the way through, but Celestia is level-headed and Luna is supposed to have learned her lesson regarding Chris, and I can't see them making these decisions without having talked with both Twilight and Chris first. In fact, I'd say you might want to rewrite the previous chapter; you might get that writer's block out too. THAT SAID, I am interested in the idea you had for Chris to introducing the ponies to the humans, and I don't think it would have been brought up without the issue being forced as is...

You could write, but not publish, two versions: one where the story continues with the glaring irregularity and we see how you were planning, and the other where the discontinuity is fixed and maybe break the barrier. Depends on your mood and what you have planned yet, of course, I just think it might help you get back into it. We don't have to see the one you don't decide on.

9423071
Dude, here have an piece of me:
https://www.thebalancecareers.com/top-tips-for-overcoming-writer-s-block-1277776
https://www.wikihow.com/Get-Over-Writer%27s-Block
This is how i got over my writers block and write everyday, even at work days!
so yeah, hope you read it well, cause i'm here to face my destination, To the end!

Login or register to comment