• Published 9th Jul 2018
  • 418 Views, 40 Comments

EoH Evolution Interlude: Integration - Bahamut0



Queen Chrysalis has been defeated. Her actions against Narico have caused a split in the hive. Many defecting to follow the young changeling who now stands as their first king. Can the young leader grant his people a home?

  • ...
5
 40
 418

Integration

The day had finally arrived. The process had taken about two weeks, but it was finally time. Narico took a deep breath as he stepped onto the platform. He could see almost the whole city, as well as his people, in the massive crowd before him. "This will be a day long remembered." Narico began. "Today, we see an event similar to what I view as this nation's greatest moment. Two different peoples coming together as friends. But the greatest achievement belongs to me and my people. We have fully incorporated the nature of our race's name. We have changed, and for the better."

A chorus of cheers rang out from the crowd. Narico raised his hand for silence. "I can't thank Princesses Celestia and Luna enough for allowing us to make a new home among their own. Before I took up my crown, I had the honor of calling the kingdom of Unity home. The meaning behind its name and the nature of its founding is what drove me to pursue my people's integration. This kingdom was formed by different tribes coming together and uniting for the greater good of all. And today? I see that in all of you. Your leaders represent that purpose itself. But most of all, I see it by your acceptance of my people."

"And it's with great pride that I say, we are citizens of Unity!" Another roar of cheers sounded. As the crowd quieted down, Narico smiled. "I have one last message for my people. I haven't been your king that long. But looking back at my time as your ruler, I couldn't be happier with the job I've done leading you. And so," Narico removed his crown. "I can happily say that I won't be needed any longer."

Narico could feel the sadness coming from his people. "Don't cry because I'm stepping down. Smile because you've been lead to a far better life than you could have hoped for at the hive. You're all unique. None of you quite the same as the other. And now? You live in a land where you can freely be yourselves. Where you decide who and what you are. And in my case? I just want to be like anyone else. I promised to be your king for as long as you needed me. And now, my purpose has been fulfilled." Narico then got in front of the podium, and bowed to the crowd. "Thank you all for giving me the privilege of leading you." Applause sounded from the entire crowd as Narico took his leave.

He quickly changed into a more casual outfit. It consisted of a dark green dress shirt, light grey pants, and green sneakers. "Now for a sweet farewell to my position." Narico headed to the ice cream shop he visited last time, and purchased two ice cream cones. He then grabbed a seat on the bench, and started eating one of them.

"Hope you don't plan on eating both of those by yourself." A familiar voice said. Narico looked to his left, and smiled. Before him was the same woman who had aided him during his break from the interview. "A changeling getting brain freeze wouldn't be a pretty sight."

"Actually, I was hoping to repay you for your help." Narico said with a grin as he handed the woman the other ice cream he'd bought. "My big brother always said return a favor. Hope this satisfies you."

The woman smiled as she took the ice cream. "How sweet." She said as she took a seat next to Narico. "Literally and figuratively." The woman then kissed Narico on the cheek! "And just like you."

Narico's face was almost entirely red! "I don't know what's melting faster. My heart, or my ice cream." He then saw his ice cream starting to drip. "On second thought, I have my answer." Narico quickly ate away at his ice cream. Leaving no traces of it. He then looked into the woman's eyes. "You know? Your eyes are pretty deep. It's almost like staring into an abyss."

"Then you'll be happy to know that I'm looking right back at you." Abyss said with a giggle before she rested her head on Narico's shoulder. "Would you do me one favor your majesty?"

Narico chuckled nervously at how close Abyss was to him. "I'm not king anymore, but I honestly can't repay you enough for your help. So what's the favor?"

Abyss smiled as she leaned into Narico's ear. "Don't change." She whispered. "You're so cute when you're blushing." Another quick kiss on the cheek, and Abyss walked away. "This was a great first date." She then wrote something on a piece of paper, and tossed it over to Narico. "Make sure to memorize it."

Narico unfolded the paper, and his eyes went wide. It was Abyss's number. Such joy couldn't be contained, and Narico took off into the sky! Buzzing happily all the way home.

Comments ( 3 )

9039411
Final chapter's up.

9040637 I really enjoyed this so very very much this chapter had a sweet and loving happy ending and I so very much loved the ending especially the moment with Narico and Abyss and her kissing his cheek and giving him her number. And now I’m looking forward to season 3

Be funny if she accidentally gave him the wrong number and some random person picked up.

Login or register to comment