• Published 9th Jul 2018
  • 418 Views, 40 Comments

EoH Evolution Interlude: Integration - Bahamut0



Queen Chrysalis has been defeated. Her actions against Narico have caused a split in the hive. Many defecting to follow the young changeling who now stands as their first king. Can the young leader grant his people a home?

  • ...
5
 40
 418

Royals

Narico's heart was racing as he stood at the door to the throne room. From what he'd heard, Princess Celestia was one of the kindest people to ever live. She was always considerate of her people, and cared for their needs above hers. In fact, she was the type of leader Narico aspired to be. And it made him nervous to all Tartarus to even be speaking with her. Cautiously, the young king knocked on the door.

"Come in." Celestia answered from the other side. Slowly, the door opened and Narico went in. The solar princess had a serene smile on her face. "King Narico. You've arrived earlier than expected."

Narico nodded shakily. "J-Just didn't want to take up too much of your schedule p-princess." He then motioned to the hallway. "Care to lead the way?"

"It would be my pleasure." Celestia said with a nod as she fluttered over to Narico. Landing beside him. "I've always found a mobile conversation more engaging than a stationary one." As soon as the two were outside the room, Celestia gently placed her hand on Narico's shoulder. "You don't have to be so nervous around me Narico. There's no need to kiss the ground I walk on because I'm a goddess. You're a leader like me. And I will treat you as such unless you give me reason to do otherwise."

Narico blinked before letting out a huge sigh of relief. "Oh thank goodness." The young king let his body slump a little. "I was worried I'd have to use so many royal titles each time I spoke to you."

"What in the world made you think to do something so silly?" Celestia asked with a giggle. "But back to the topic at hand. You're people's unique form of nourishment is something many hold dear. To them, love is something that is irreplaceable."

Narico nodded. "Well, it's not just love we can feed on. Any positive emotion makes for a good meal. Love just happens to be one of the tastier ones. I wouldn't know what it's like to feed off it, but I do know how it feels." Narico then came to a realization. "Do you mind if I feel out your love real quick?" Celestia nodded in approval. "Thank you." Narico's horn was covered in a minor glow as he felt out the love of the solar princess. His eyes snapped open upon seeing how much love Celestia had in her heart! "No wonder everyone loves you as their leader. You love all of them more than they could ever hope to know."

"Indeed I do." Celestia said with a warm smile. "Although, I guess you could say there's one I love more since Burst Stream is my boyfriend." The two leaders shared a laugh. "Many of my subjects say that I have a motherly air about me. So I guess that explains why a lot of them are so eager to see my smile."

Narico smiled. "Well, I never knew my parents. I was just put in with the other nymphs and we were taught what was needed out of us for the hive. But for what it's worth? I think you'd make a great mom."

"As nice as that is, we should really try staying on topic here." Celestia said with a slight blush. "You were saying that any positive emotion is a good source of food for a changeling. So maybe you could tell your people to spread happiness throughout Unity?"

Narico scratched his head. "I don't know. I really don't want to put Pinkie Pie out of a job. But maybe we could run a dating advice service? A lot of changelings have experience getting close to people. They know a lot of ins-and-outs for how to make a relationship work. We could just charge the love as a service fee."

"That sounds like a splendid idea." Celestia said with a smile. "But there's also another matter of concern. I realize that your people are either spies or soldiers. Not to mention their shape shifting abilities have many applications. So what other fields have you thought of for them to make full use of their talents?"

"Let's see. . . " Narico listed off the possibilities in his head. "Well, do you have an information network or intelligence branch of your guard? All of my infiltrators could form an intelligence gathering network for you. And the soldiers? Maybe we could get them to join up with the guard that you have. As for the civilian types? Well, they never really got much of a say in what they wanted to do with their lives. Maybe I should tell them to find something they enjoy and make a life out of it. Then again, we are pretty durable. Maybe stunt doubles or-"


Celestia giggled. "You know you're starting to ramble a bit, right?"

"OH CRAP!" Narico blurted out as he snapped out of his ramblings. "Sorry! It's just that, this whole situation is so heavy." Narico leaned himself against a wall. "I think the pressure made me say my first curse."

Celestia gave the young king a knowing smile as she took her own crown off. "Yes. This can be quite the difficult position on occasion. But it's the toughest job I've ever loved."

"Okay. That settles it." Narico said with a joking smile. "If no one thought you were mom material before, you should DEFINITELY be considered such now." The two royals shared a laugh. "Well, I'd better go. Fang would probably flip if he heard that his cinnamon roll of a little brother just said his first curse."

"NARICOOOOO!" Fang yelled as he raced towards his adoptive little brother!

Narico's eyes went wide as he caught sight of Fang pouncing on him! "OH SUGAR HONEY ICE TEA!"