• Published 9th Jul 2018
  • 417 Views, 40 Comments

EoH Evolution Interlude: Integration - Bahamut0



Queen Chrysalis has been defeated. Her actions against Narico have caused a split in the hive. Many defecting to follow the young changeling who now stands as their first king. Can the young leader grant his people a home?

  • ...
5
 40
 417

Rude Awakening

Narico was sleeping soundly as the rays of the morning sun shined in from his room's window. It literally one day ago that he was a changeling nymph. One who was now a fully grown royal changeling and the current king of his race. He wasn't sure what lie ahead, but figured that would be an issue for tomorrow. Unfortunately, tomorrow happened as soon as he opened his eyes.

"AH!" Narico screamed as he stumbled out of his bed at the sight before him! In front of him were a few changeling drones. He knew they meant him no harm. Namely because he was their king now. Certain events at a particular wedding leading to a mass emigration from the hive. However, that didn't mean Narico was accustomed to having an entire race at his beck and call. "Um, good morning?"

The drones bowed. "We are prepared to assist you with any tasks for your morning preparation." One of the changelings declared. "Shall we fetch you your clothes?"

"Uh, no thanks." Narico said. "I'll get them myself. They're not even that far out of reach." Narico went over to the nearby closet and pulled out a pair of forest green pants, a light grey dress shirt, and an emerald coat. Rarity sure went through a lot of trouble to make sure I had a good royal color scheme.

Narico slipped on his grey boots, and clapped his hands together. "So. Has everyone eaten yet?" Narico asked. "Fang always said the day doesn't really begin until after breakfast."

"About that my king?" The other drone, a female, nervously asked. "We kind of haven't eaten since, well, before the invasion? And the humans really aren't too keen on approaching us since then. Most of them know what happened because Princess Celestia told them we defected to live under your rule, but they're still a bit skeptical of us."

Narico sighed. "They're not without that right. So how do you feed on love anyway? I remember Shining Armor saying Chrysalis sucked it out of him, but there weren't any bite marks."

"We either cocoon the target and siphon it from there, or absorb it when they channel affection toward us when we're in disguise." The other changeling answered. "Though we've never received that much anyway, so we often had to hunt for love a lot."

Narico raised an eyebrow. "Why didn't you get that much love? Is it because you had a shortage? That would explain one reason of the invasion." The new king then narrowed his eyes as he remembered when Chrysalis tried to steal his love to increase her power. "But I'm guessing it's more along the lines of you didn't matter that much to Chrysalis." He noticed the two drones before him nod sadly. "Well, gather everyone. I'm sure you must all be pretty hungry. And last I checked, good leaders don't let their people starve."

The female drone was astonished by this! "My king! Surely you aren't thinking of feeding the whole hive?! Such a feat has never been done before in all of our existence! If you do this, the hunger would surely drive you into a frenzy!"

"How can I starve like all of you if I've never felt the hunger in the first place?" Narico asked as he slipped on his crown. "You're my people now. That means I need to take care of you before all others. I'm no exception to that. Now gather everyone."

Sure enough, all the changelings who left the hive were gathered in the courtyard. All of them staring nervously at Narico. The young king took a deep breath as he focused on the love he felt for his new adopted family. "Hope you're all hungry." Narico's horn glowed bright green as a green mist trailed out over the crowd of changelings. All of them readily opening their mouths and inhaling the mist. Most of them patting their bellies in satisfaction.

However, as Narico cut off the flow of love, he noticed something. A changeling was holding her nymph in her arms, and it looked like the child was still hungry. Narico didn't need to hear them speaking as his mind was in telepathic contact with his entire people. The young king calmly walked toward the mother and child, and sent a little more love the nymph's way. The young changeling burping happily. "Excuse you." Narico said with a chuckle.

He then noticed the astonished looks on his fellow changelings' faces. No one had shown such care for them before. Narico sighed. "Well, I'm off to eat. Let me know if there's anything you need some help with." Narico buzzed his wings, and flew off to the cafeteria. Upon grabbing a plate of pancakes, he noticed Fang sitting with Silk Snare and Constrictor. "Morning guys."

Fang gave an exaggerated bow. "And a good morning to you too your majesty. You finally grace the day with your presence."

"Thanks bro." Narico said with a smile. Fang always did know how to make him smile. Narico then turned his gaze to Silk Snare. "By the way, how's Carapace doing? His was pretty messed up from what you told me."

Silk Snare took a deep breath. "The doctors don't know much about our anatomy. The body of a standard changeling is easy enough to fix up considering how humanoid our race is to begin with. But in the case of us mutants, it's a bit harder since. They need to know more, but I doubt anyone's up to volunteering for dissection."

"Actually, they won't need to cut us up." Narico chirped as he munched away happily on his pancakes. He may have a grown body, he was still a child at heart. "Twilight told me she'd like to run analysis spells on me sometime to know how changelings work. We could probably get even more results if some of our healers consulted the doctors."

Narico polished off his pancakes and let out a content sigh. "It's been nice catching up with you guys, but I gotta meet with Princess Celestia. She wants to discuss how everyone's going to feed since they can't go stealing love." And with that, the young king buzzed away to meet the princess of the sun.