• Published 13th Feb 2018
  • 918 Views, 73 Comments

Ask Graceful Thread - Robipony



A spider pony has decided to open up a blog to discuss her various exploits while she hides within one of Equestria's most well-guarded cities.

  • ...
2
 73
 918

A New Friend or Foe?

Author's Note:

Thank you all for your support and your patience. Fear not, Graceful Thread is still taking questions.

There were a few questions that had some grammar issues, that I changed so they might make sense. I hope I interpretated them the way they were meant. If not then I am sorry. :ajsleepy::fluttercry:

Lemon Hearts watched as the stallion stumbled out of the clock tower, his movements like a toddler trying to remember how to walk.

There was a growl of annoyance as Graceful Thread peaked her head out of the doorway, "What is it you wanted to talk to me about?"

"I have a friend," Lemon Hearts said, "Her name is Moon Dancer and I think you both could get along very well."

"Ugh... What?"

"Look, if you don't want to meet her that is fine," Lemon Hearts said nervously, "I just think she might know some ways to help you. But if you don't want to, that's fine."

Graceful Thread's legs twitched nervously as she considered what Lemon Hearts was saying. Her eyes focused on a point on the ground. On one side, the spidermare was excited to make a new friend, however, on the other side, there was the fear of rejection and potential loss. After a moment of considering this, Thread looked up at her friend.

"Does she know what I am?"

"All I told her was that you are different," Lemon Hearts replied, "that you are my friend and that you would mean her no harm."

There was another silence as Graceful Thread considered what Lemon Hearts had said. The spider pony scratched her front leg.

"I suppose it would be fine," Thread shivered, "at what time do you want us to meet?"

Lemon Heart's face brightened at hearing this, "Why not tomorrow night?"


The Next Day...

"Hey everypony," Graceful Thread sat in front of the laptop, "I have a meeting with one of Lemon Heart's friends and I'm really nervous. So I thought I might try to answer your questions to relieve some stress."

Viper Pit asks: Have you heard of changelings? If so, are they more like flies for your web to you or are they more competition for food?

"About half a year ago, some changelings attacked Canterlot," Graceful Thread shrugged, "Apparently they were trying to take advantage of some sort of wedding. I don't know too much about it since I wasn't invited, for obvious reasons. However, Lemon Hearts actually got to be one of the bride's maids."

pabrony83 asks: Are spider ponies’ eyes sensitive to light?

"Yes, our eyes are somewhat sensitive to light," Thread answered, "however we have it a lot better than those bat ponies that serve Luna have to deal with. I heard some of them have to have special glasses built just to be able to work during the day."

Sigmacipher asks: Okay, this is exceedingly stupid, dumb sounding and maybe a bit offensive but...

You do realize killing criminals is still murder right?

Also is there a specific region in the world in the world that Spider ponies flourish or are you more scattered the Haybrew

"I will confess, I may have overreacted in response to the intrusion," Thread giggled nervously, "though to be fair it wouldn't surprise me if other spider ponies had a similar response. As for regions, I've heard rumors of a location in the zebra homelands called the Webbed Village, where some spider ponies thrive. However, here in Equestria, we are very spread out. I'm not sure what Haybrew is though?"

ThatBadGuy asks: Oh, Graceful Thread.

Since we are already past the boundary of inappropriate questions, here is one of my own!

Just click on this and watch, but don't worry! Everything is completely scientific.
[embed]youtube.com/watch?v=2DGD8gU1Hrk[/embed] [embed]youtube.com/watch?v=ZuUMSBXiPN8[/embed]

Are both of these accurate?

"Well, as I've stated before I'm not really too well versed with the reproductive customs of my kind, however," Graceful Thread giggled, "I can say that all mares love gifts. Food or otherwise."

With a wide smile, the spider pony proceeded to unwrap a fish that was in her webbing. As she proceeded to inject her venom in her meal, Graceful Thread examined some of the other questions.

There were two questions left behind by a Dr. Spider.

Dr. Spider asks: Are spider stallions the same as none spider stallion?

"Of course not," Thread replied, "like me, the spider stallion would have eight legs, fangs, and venom. So no, he would be very different from a regular pony stallion."

Dr. Spider asks: You say that you don't think that spider mares can make milk, does that mean that you don't have...?

"Um well," A bright red blush spread across Graceful Thread's face, "no, we do have those... however I don't think they work the same way as they do with most ponies."

Zackattack525 asks: How often do you get Intruders?

Taking a deep breath, Thread proceeded with the rest of the questions, her face returning to normal.

"They're very rare," the spidermare answered, "I'm not sure what lures them here. Aside from me, it’s just an abandoned clock tower, it doesn't even work!"

Kinetic_Aesthetic asks: Going with the tasks idea, how about we see if the home invader can dance? :rainbowkiss:
Along with that point, can you dance, Graceful?

8hovesDance asks: Can you dance?

"Well, I kind of set him loose, but If he ever shows up again, I will sure we'll find out," Thread answered, "As for my ability to dance, I... think I can. I'm not sure if I'm any good at it. I haven't really shown any pony, so no pony has told me if I'm any good at it or not."

MindWeb asks: "Could you have made the bad pony... think that he was your brother? Or that he was another race or gender? What is the limit of that power?"

"Well, the limitations vary from pony to pony," the spidermare smiled, "One limitation is that I can't force a pony to do something that would endanger themselves. Like I can't tell them to jump off a cliff or stab themselves with a knife. I also can't force them to do something against their conscience, so in the case of that jerkbag that broke in here, I could probably tell them to steal something for me, but not necessarily to murder another pony."

Pondering the other parts of the question, Graceful Thread rubbed her chin with a leg.

"Now in the case of convincing him that he is my brother, my hypnotic venom doesn't implant any memories, so if I was to convince him that he was my brother I would have to make something up. Like I was his half-sister or something along those lines. I am not sure, but I don't believe I could convince him to think differently about his race or gender, that is pretty well ingrained in the minds of most ponies."

TheDizzyDan asks: You know, your hypnotic abilities might really help some ponies. My friend's really scared of anesthesia, and hypnosis could help him with that. Have you ever used hypnosis to help someone?

"I've never really used it to help anypony other than myself," Thread replied, "however I'm not against it. I just don't know of very many ways it can be useful to others."

Scarlet Raven Thorn asks: Dear Graceful Thread,
I wanted to thank you for answering my questions!

"No problem," Graceful Thread smiled, "I enjoyed answering them."

As thanks, I have a gift for you. I read your comment about always wanting to see the gardens of the Crystal Empire, and luckily my friend Death Blaire lives in the Empire and was willing to part with one of her Crystal Dragon Tulips! I will place it outside of the clock tower tonight since I am in Canterlot visiting an old friend. Hope you enjoy, care instructions are on the packet! The best part is since it produces its own light it doesn't need to be outside! You can grow and cultivate as many as you want as long as you have the soil!

Pulling herself off the bed, Thread made her way toward the door. Cautiously she opened the door and peeked outside, past the door to see a beautiful plant in a flower pot. The flower seemed to have petals made of glass, which seemed to shimmer with various hues of color as the spider pony drew closer.

Carefully, Graceful Thread took the plant in her front legs before stepping back inside. It was probably one of the most beautiful things, the spider pony had ever seen in her life, a few tears dripped from her eyes.

"T-thank you very much, Scarlet," Thread sniffled, "please tell your friend, thank you, for me. I really appreciate the gift."

Also between us, I'm a marked-one. I'm actually a few millennia old and a devout follower of Discord who gave me my immortality and powers. Although, Nightmare Moon was fun while she lasted. Unfortunately, most of my coven was hunted down by the Solar Guard throughout the eons, only that friend I mentioned and I are left. But luckily I've learned to hide my true identity with magic. Maybe I can even send you a picture! And please, call me Thorn. Scarlet is the other me from a different universe.

"I can certainly try," Graceful Thread answered, "well, Thorn, fortunately, the Solar Guard don't appear to be quite so harsh in the... world that I live in, but that could just be luck on my part. I've never heard of a marked-one before, if you ever have the time I would be curious to hear more about it. Thought it would probably be wise to do it over private messaging."

And a question, this you can post on Phumblr.

Graceful Thread's eyes grew wide.

"Ummm..." she looked around nervously, "was I not supposed to talk about... um... what we were just talking about? This won't cause you any trouble will it?"

The spider pony really hoped she didn't accidentally put Thorn at risk.

My crush is a Chimera, not the monster but an experiment of a madpony attempting to create complete harmony in a physical form, thus he is very harmonious as oppose to my chaos. Maybe I can send you a picture of him too since we have become close.
My question, however, is this:
Do you think we should start a Phumblr Account?
My crush, my friend, and I?
Maybe if the Equestrians got to know us better they would like us more. Maybe... we could live normal lives not always on the run?

A sad expression stretches across the spidermare's face.

"You can certainly try," Thread answered, "I hope that using Phumblr will help me talk to other ponies and maybe it could help you and your friend. If any ponies are willing to accept you and your crush, then perhaps they will accept me too."

The spider pony sat there contemplating for a moment.

"I don't think I've ever seen a chimera before."

Uh-oh, it's that blasted solar battalion again. They must have traced my laptop signal. Take care Graceful Thread, I hope you like your flower!
Good-bye!

~ Love, Thorn
Xoxoxo

"Uh... goodbye," the spidermare looked worried, "I hope I hear from you soon."

BookSpider asks: "Have you read Charlotte's Web?"

"I haven't heard of it," Graceful Thread replied, "what is it and what is it about?"

The spidermare was kind of curious what the story was. Scratching her two front legs together, Thread proceeded to the next question.

Best Friend 4 F-er asks: "What did you think when you saw a pony size spider in your house?"

Graceful Thread giggled, "Well, seeing as I've already got that covered, it probably wouldn't surprise me that much. On the other hoof, I would be more shocked if I saw a spider-sized pony. I mean imagine how tiny it would be."

SuperSpider asks: "Do you know SpiderMare?"

"I think she has shown up in a few Power Pony comics," Thread scratched her chin, "Though she doesn't look anything like a spider pony. Personally, I was thinking of maybe writing a Power Pony fanfic where she had more spider pony characteristics. Wouldn't that be fun?!"

ColorSpider asks: Are all spider ponies, spider colored, or can they be pony color?

"Most seem to have colors corresponding with spiders," the spidermare explained, "however I have seen a few that were pretty colorful. I think I saw another spider pony here on Phumblr who is mostly yellow and pink. However, she seems to be pretty shy and hasn't returned any of my messages."

It was rather unfortunate.

BarWet asks: Can you drink beer and other things like ponies?

"I certainly can," Thread smiled, "it is a lot easier than eating food the way ponies eat it. Though I haven't had a beer myself."

Perhaps she could convince Lemon Hearts to bring her some.

There were another three questions asked by a pony going by the name, I Kissed a Spider, and I loved it.

I Kissed a Spider, and I loved it asks: Have you ever kiss somepony?

"No," Graceful Thread just shook her head, "I suppose I just haven't met the right pony yet."

Admittedly it did make Thread feel a bit sad. Would anypony even be interested in falling in love with a spider pony? There might be a few weirdos out there judging by some rather disturbing artwork she had discovered on the internet earlier, but could there be anypony sincerely interested in her?

I Kissed a Spider, and I loved it asks: Do you ever think of kissing another?

"I suppose I have," the spidermare answered, "name one young filly who has never thought of kissing their special somepony or even having a special somepony."

I Kissed a Spider, and I loved it asks: Can we see you kiss one and other?

"I... I don't think so," Graceful Thread replied, "aside from the fact that I don't have a special stallion to do that with, it just seems like something personal that you don't just flaunt."

Though it would be kind of nice.

CelestiaBePraised asks: Do you know what "booping" is?

"What's booping?"


Three hours later...

Lemon Hearts gulped as she stood in front of the clock tower door with her friend, Moon Dancer. This could either go really well or horribly wrong. What if Moon Dancer and Graceful Thread didn't like each other? What if Moon Dancer fainted and the spider pony took offense. What if...

"Lemon Hearts," Moon Dancer spoke up, pulling Lemon Hearts out of her worrying, "are you ready for this?"

Swallowing the residual saliva that had been building up in her mouth, Lemon Hearts stood tall.

"Sorry, please allow me to introduce you to my friend," Hearts said as she stepped toward the door. Slowly the door creaked open, the dim light of the setting sun stretching into the room beyond the entryway.

Moon Dancer was prepared to step forward when Lemon Hearts held out a hoof.

"It might be better if I go first," Hearts explained, "she is more used to me after all."

With a nod, Moon Dancer let Lemon Hearts take the lead. A cool breeze blew through the clock tower adding to the eeriness of the situation. Stepping inside, the two mares closed the door behind them and used their horns to illuminate the area.

"Graceful Thread!" Lemon Hearts called out, "It's me, I brought my friend, Moon Dancer like I said I would!"

They listened intently for any movement. At first, all they could hear was the side of the wind, then there was something else, like something moving along a metal wire. It was coming from above.

Shifting the attention, Lemon Hearts and Moon Dancer looked up to see a large shape resting on a massive web.

"Thread what are you doing up there?" Lemon Hearts called out, "Come down here!"

Moon Dancer watch as the... as Thread adjusted her position among the webbing before lowering herself to the ground on a single strand of silk. Her feet made hardly a sound as all eight legs touched the ground.

Now with Graceful Thread standing among them, Lemon Hearts turned to see that Moon Dancer's mouth was open a gap.

Graceful Thread blinked a few times, "Hello."

"Hello," Moon Dancer said still looking surprised, "Lemon Hearts, this is the friend you spoke of?"

"Yes," Lemon Hearts answered.

"You neglected to mention a few details," Moon Dancer motioned to the spider pony.

Lemon Hearts bite her lip, "I wasn't sure how you would react."

Moon Dancer nodded, "That does make sense."

Stepping forward Moon Dancer stretched a hoof out to touch one of Graceful Thread's furry legs, to which the spider pony responded by pulling away.

"I-It's okay," Moon Dancer said, "I'm not going to hurt you."

The spidermare stopped moving, allowing for Moon Dancer to reach out and touch her leg.

"They're real," Moon Dancer gawked, "and they're fuzzy!"

"Of course they're real!" Graceful Thread hissed. Moon Dancer shook her head.

"I'm sorry," Moon Dancer apologized, "I just meant that... Well... That your species actually exist. I mean most monster ponies are considered to be mythical boogie ponies designed to scare children, but you're actually real!"

The spider pony raised an eyebrow at that. Lemon Hearts was just happy that neither of them were at each other's throats.

"This is amazing!" Moon Dancer turned to Lemon Hearts, "Was she the reason why you were asking me about spider ponies?"

Lemon Hearts nodded, "I originally wasn't so sure you would... well... act this way about it. So I tried to be discrete."

"I suppose that makes sense," Moon Dancer answered, "I'm sure most ponies would faint at the sight of her, despite her looking so cute."

Moon Dancer gave Graceful Thread a hug, which seemed to confuse the spider pony a bit. Why did she feel that this relationship was going to be a bit uncomfortable?

Comments ( 23 )

what wasnt shown is that moon dancer did infact faint when she got home

question have you seen any ariados? I been looking all over the Johto reign but I can't find one anywhere

I would like to thank you for answering my question in turn I will answer one of your own...however I suppose a bit of backstory is in order so bear with me....

Prior to my arrival of this world my life was rather listless spent on relief from my many failures as a human being, however this changed on a family trip to Ireland. Caught in the shenigans of the fey court I wound up in the world that the Celtic goddess of Horses and Fertility had set up with the help of the Norse Odinsteed to serve as a mirror world for creatures that humans had declared mythical and of course magic users...

naturally I speak of Faust Epona And Slepnir Eighthooves...

When I noticed that many of towns and such locale had horsified names of real world people and places I had often decided to use that in my quest to find the first human to travel back and fourth between this world and my homeworld Megan Williams, by horsefying any names from my world to get a much better sense of certain time periods that Celestia would like in an ordinary person.

So forgive me if you are confused by a horsifyied version of the Hebrew religion.

"I think she has shown up in a few Power Pony comics," Thread scratched her chin, "Though she doesn't look anything like a spider pony. Personally, I was thinking of maybe writing a Power Pony fanfic where she had more spider pony characteristics. Wouldn't that be fun!"

Crap, forgot to put a question mark next to the exclamation mark.

Why can't I do anything right!? .-.

8877740 It's okay, I think I might have fixed it. Let me know just in case. :twilightsheepish:

ThatBadGuy asks: Oh, Graceful Thread.

Since we are already past the boundary of inappropriate questions, here is one of my own!

Just click on this and watch, but don't worry! Everything is completely scientific.
[embed]youtube.com/watch?v=2DGD8gU1Hrk[/embed]
[embed]youtube.com/watch?v=ZuUMSBXiPN8[/embed]

Are both of these accurate?

images.encyclopediadramatica.rs/f/fd/Picard-no-facepalm.jpg
You know that I made it in code only because I wanted to make it easier for you?

8882003 I'm not really sure that FiMFiction allows Youtube videos in the stories, therefore, I intentionally avoided posting them as YT vids.

CelestiaBePraised asks: Oh, you don't know what "booping" is? It's when you give a silly tap to someone's nose.

Some ponies like it, some ponies don't. ^^;

Also: "Discreet" is what you meant, not "discrete." "Discrete" is a mathematical term, whereas "discreet" is the adjectival form of "discretion."

Captin Shiper: "I ship this !"

DR. Test: "Can you use your powers to help MoonDancer to be more out going ?"

Bar-Mare: "Do you think MoonDancer is lovely ?"

Dr. Spider: "Then what do they do / are for ?"

Ice Queen: "Is it cold were you live ?"

One Is a Pony: "What do you do when you are lonely ?"

hey *taps screen* you their hello

9027744 Sorry for taking so long to reply. While trying to submit a story to Maretropolis Daily, Graceful Thread's computer contracted a virus. It has been difficult to remove.

Night Storm: "How strong are your webs? Can their catch a strong pegasi or griffon?

9092584
so is this story gonna get any attention?

A rift appears in front of Thread. a strange hairless ape climbs out. then pulls a rectangle out and the rift closes. what does thread do?

Admittedly it did make Thread feel a bit sad. Would anypony even be interested in falling in love with a spider pony? There might be a few weirdos out there judging by some rather disturbing artwork she had discovered on the internet earlier, but could there be anypony sincerely interested in her?

Uh... I wasn't involved?

Comment posted by Discworld-mlp deleted Jul 20th, 2019
Comment posted by Discworld-mlp deleted Jul 20th, 2019
Comment posted by Discworld-mlp deleted Jul 20th, 2019

Here have a crate

* A BIG crate appears behind you with files of entity's from a certain foundation with a poem on top from a king soon free ( https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wWeOsWf36VY ) *

T̵̜̞̈͐̇̽͝h̵̩̝͋̀̚ę̷̹͐͊̆̕ ̶̬̍̍̾̊S̷͔̼̦͊́͆ć̴̪̃́̓̓ą̷̝̲͔̀r̶͇͇̥̗̈̋͜l̷͕̣̗̈͝e̵̤̤̲̣̍͘t̵͉̼͋͒ť̷͎̻͝ͅ ̷̜͛͗̊͊͛ķ̷̜͈͔̳͆̋͝ī̷̪̬̜͍͛͊̏͠ņ̴̂̐̋̓̆g̵̨̲͕̓̈́.

did.. did we stop ?

10371211 Yeah, kind of. :twilightsheepish:

cancelled NUUUUUU

Login or register to comment