• Published 16th Oct 2017
  • 1,621 Views, 23 Comments

Sword Skills - Rose Quill



Sunset and Twilight take part in a new form of recreation with their friends.

  • ...
1
 23
 1,621

Log Out

I panted as I caught my breath. "How many?" I asked.

I heard Rarity's voice as she quietly spoke. "Four," she said. "Rainbow, Aria, Sonata, and AJ."

I slammed a fist into the ground. I was too slow.

Sunset was about to say something when she suddenly went glassy-eyed.

"Whoa," she said. "I didn't realize it was so late. It's nearly four am, girls."

I frowned. "Already?"

"Yeah, time flies, don't it?" she said. Her armor and anthro form faded, leaving the woman I loved as she regularly appeared. "Game's over for tonight."

I sighed and felt my own anthro form fade as Sunset began releasing the dreamscape. As I sat up in the living room where we had spread comfortable pillows and blankets, all the girls save Adagio were sitting around, talking excitedly about their adventures.

"Sunset," Rainbow said as soon as she saw my wife sit up. "This was an awesome idea! How'd you come up with it?"

She pointed at Fluttershy. "From her. It's from one of her books."

Fluttershy smiled sheepishly.

"I liked it," I said. "I got to be more than a magical egghead in there."

"I was totally cool," Dash crowed, reaching over to grab AJ's hand. "You were super awesome with the weapon making, and that hammer was so huge!"

"It was fun to go at it like our lives depended on it without them actually depending on it," the farm girl mused.

"Can we do it again?" Pinkie cried, Starlight nodding eagerly along with her. "This is like Ogres and Oubliettes times ten!"

We'll see, Pinkie," Sunset said with a yawn. "Right now, we all need real sleep. To bed with you!"

I snuggled up closer with Sunset and kissed her cheek.

"What aren't you telling me about this dreamscape?" I whispered.

"What makes you think I'm hiding something?" she asked.

"I know you," I said. "And I can read your mind sometimes."

"It's not about this dreamscape," she said. "I was thinking about something for next time."

"Oh?"

"Yeah," she said.

"What would you say to being a fairy?"

Author's Note:

Yeah, it's a surprise Homecoming Halloween party fic. Didn't put it in the description because it spoils the surprise.

I may have another one in the pipe soon with my SunLight daughters on the Halloween mentioned in Comparing Notes.

Comments ( 15 )

Well done! Sorry for delay in reading I've been very stretched too thin lately with no spare time at all. Very interesting story.

8503736
I understand that. A week straight of double shifts has kept me from the keyboard for far too long.

8503740
Ugh that sounds awful. We're both in the same boat unfortunately.

That was fun. SHort but entertaining. I see your anime fan side showing through here, haha.

I absolutely LOVED IT!!!! SAO is one of my all time favorite Anime. What an excellent use of the dreamscape ability. Great job handling the battle flow and 'in-game' characterizations. Thanks again Allykitty!

Well hello there SAO style fic. Honestly, I'd be down for more of this style anytime ;)

I want a sequel

9225050
I’m drafting two Halloween fics at the moment of this response.

9225065
still you left it on that cliff hanger I want more also if u need any oc's for stories I have quite a few

I loved this so much
And I laughed a lot at the similarities to the anime
Well done Rose

Nice nods to S.A.O

That sure brought back a lot of memories of when I got into sao in 2019

Login or register to comment