• Published 2nd Mar 2018
  • 1,096 Views, 24 Comments

My Little Mages: Seraphic Guidance - Foxhelm



After Starlight, Trixie, Thorax and Discord were honored for their rescue, Twilight realized that Starlight's lessons has reach a point that Twilight needs advice from another... A My Little Mages retelling of Celestial Advice

  • ...
1
 24
 1,096

Celestia’s Answer

Celestia continued to laugh out loud and rolled on the floor as she held her sides with both her arms and wings, "I can't believe you're laughing at me." Twilight said as she started to tear up in her eyes.

Celestia then took a couple of deep breaths and got off of the floor. She then took Twilight into her arms, like a mother comforting her child, "Oh, Twilight, that's not why I'm laughing." Celestia's tone was soft and calm. She then broke the hug to look Twilight in the face, "It's because these fears, well I too knew them." Twilight's eyes shot wide open in shock. She was about to question Celestia sat her and Spike down on their thrones and she took the next closest one. "Let me tell you a story, well maybe I should show you it." Celestia then placed her crown on the map and it then projected a classroom of about ten students, all of them children about eleven or twelve years old, most of them Magicborn and girls, among them was Twilight. "When you were accepted into my school, you were one of the brightest students I have ever taught," Celestia informed as the projected Celestia was conducting a lesson. The focus then changed to all the students conducting a potions experiment. All but one were paired off and were able to make the potion do what was intended. Twilight, however, was alone and had made a much more potent version of the potion and the plant that it was able to grow was much larger and healthier than what the other students were able to make. "A day didn't go by when I wasn't both surprised and impressed with your accomplishments." Celestia continued to narrate as the version of herself in memory walked up to younger Twilight and patted her on her head, which prompted Twilight to give a big smile. The projected Celestia then turned to see how the other students were doing and couldn't help but have a soft frown as she noted their joy with each other, while Twilight was alone. "However, in your pursuit solely into academia had an adverse effect on your development and thus prevented you from reaching your full potential."

"You mean it was keeping her isolated and alone?" Spike asked getting elbowed by Twilight, not unlike a big sister-little brother relationship.

Celestia had a small giggle, "Yes, Spike." She then continued as the project showed her at dusk guiding the sun and the moon. "I knew the decision to make, but it wasn't easy," Celestia said before the version of her in the memory spoke. "Maybe if closed the library and threw a party." She said hopefully, "Oh, she'd be bound to talk with at least one of the other students then!" The projected Celestia hoped, but as she looked up to the night sky, towards the moon, at the Maiden in the Moon, her plan died there and then. She sighed as she looked at the ground, as tears formed in her eyes. "I know what I must do." The scene then changed to right in front of Magiville's town hall. Celestia was with the mayor of the town and they seemed to be in a conversation when the project Celestia stopped and saw Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack and Fluttershy give Rainbow Dash the tour of the town. "I knew there was a special group of friends in Magiville, friends that were different enough from you that you would have no choice but to grow but similar enough that you would bond with them. The scene then changed to be in Celestia's throne room. "However, I kept coming up with reason after reason as to why I shouldn't send you." The projected Celestia paced back and forth, also in the room were two members of the guard, each on one side of Celestia's throne. "What if she comes across a manticore?" the projected Celestia asked herself. "What if she's forced into Tartarus?" She continued in her near panic. "Oh no! What if she can't get along with them?!" She then dropped to the ground and took the fetal position and shook all over.

The guard on the left side of the throne looked to the other guard, "Hey, should we say something?" he whispered.

"I think not." the other guard responded.

Celestia then started to narrate again as the projected version of her watched as Twilight took the Charun into the air, "I kept you in Chantalot longer than I should have," and with that scene, the project ended. Celestia picked up her crown and turned to face Twilight alone, "I would come to realize the cause of my anxiety." Celestia said as she got up and walked towards Twilight. She then hugged her pupil, "It was because I didn't want you to go."

Twilight looked at Celestia and was amazed at how similar she really was to her mentor and vice-versa, "Really?"

Celestia at first nodded and once again hugged her student, "I loved having you as a student. You challenged me as only you could, and just as much as I taught you. " Celestia then ended the hug and rested both her hands on each of Twilight's shoulders, "I hope that one day I will be taught by you, something I never knew or could imagine, and that one day you would know more than I, as all mentors and masters should." Celestia took a step back and took a breath as she looked at the floor for a second, "I am not proud to confess, but deep down, I was terrified that once you made friends with Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and many more, that I wouldn't be needed anymore."

"Celestia, that's not true. I will always need you." Twilight said as she hugged Celestia, like a child their mother as if the child wanted to assure their mother that all is well.

As the two ended their embrace, Celestia looked at Twilight with a small smile on her face, "It wouldn't surprise me that Starlight feels the same way you do, you just need to give her the chance to express that. Assuming that you are afraid of that."

Twilight looked down and blushed a little, "Yeah, I guess that I am." Twilight confused. Spike only chuckled in response.

Celestia took a step back from Twilight and looked around the room, she then turned back to Twilight, "Here we are, Twilight. A decade of us as Master and Apprentice, and going on three years of you as a journeyman, we are living proof that letting someone spread their wings," Celestia then spread her wings to have her left wing going behind Twilight, "doesn't mean you no longer have a place in their lives." as she spoke she pulled her wings in and Twilight into another embrace.

Twilight ended the hug, "Thank you.", she then looked at the ground unsure.

Celestia chuckled before she lifted Twilight's chin, "However, you can always ask her to write." Celestia then winked and brought a smile back to Twilight.

Twilight then started out of the throne room, leaving Celestia and Spike behind, "So when are you going to tell her the other part?" Spike asked. Celestia only closed her eyes, smiled and shook her head. Spike just shrugged his shoulders and the two then went back to the party.


Twilight arrived back on the stage where she, Celestia, Luna, and Cadance presented the medals to Discord, Thorax, Trixie, and Starlight, only for her to be almost blinded by a light used for TV recordings. Twilight turned to see that Discord was dressed as a TV recording crew, "I seem to have let slip that you were going to unveil the next your big plan for Starlight tonight." Discord chuckled a little, "Do forgive me. But we're all very excited to hear what you've cooked up." There was a pause as Twilight scowled at the Erisadies.

Twilight then started to say speak through her teeth in clearly sarcastic tone, "Gee, thanks, Discord."

Discord smiled and took a step back, "Anytime."

Twilight took a breath and collected herself as everyone looked at her, "As you all know, Starlight's been my pupil for a while now,"

"It's hasn't been a year!" someone in the audience called out.

"That's still a while." another person commented back.

Twilight cleared her throat, and everyone turned back to Twilight, "Anyway, and I had hoped she'd be my pupil for a long time yet to come." Twilight then took a breath as she spoke, "But it turns out that's just not meant to be." People gasped in response. Twilight continued as she turned to focus solely on Starlight, "Starlight, you have proved that you are a loyal, honest, generous, kind, cheerful, and truly magical friend." Twilight raised her hands and gestured to the whole of the room, "Just looking around this room at all the new friendships you've made, I know there's little more I need to teach you and little more you can learn from me." Twilight turned her focus back to the crowd, "So we have a second reason to celebrate today. Three cheers for Starlight Glimmer on her graduation day!" Everyone then cheered.

Pinkie squealed and giggled at the news, "What a great surprise!" she shouted as tears formed in her eyes.

Twilight then stepped down and walked up to Starlight, she took Starlight's hands in hers and closed them, "You're always welcomed to come and to stay here, but your future's in your own hands now, Starlight." Twilight released her hold and walked towards to Celestia, Luna, and Spike.

Starlight lowered her hands and looked to the side as Twilight left, "I wasn't expecting that." This earned a few giggles from Trixie and Thorax, among a few other.

Discord then walked up to Twilight, "I was hoping you would have her be roomies with me in my realm." Discord pouted with his arms crossed in front of his chest, "You really don't know how to pick up what others put down." He then walked back towards Starlight and the group formed around her.

"Girls' trip to Las Magus to celebrate?" Trixie asked almost jumping for joy.

Thorax then gave another suggestion, "How about we go back to Caer Sith and have a gourd fest!" Everyone looked at Thorax utterly confused and slightly disgusted. "It's actually much more fun than it actually sounds."

Discord then tapped on Starlight's shoulder which prompt her to turn to face him, "Why not a little chaos?" He asked "I know a trick that'll turn the castle in the capital into cheese. It's that a "gouda" idea?" Discord then laughed at the bad pun. "That's just the first of many cheese jokes if we go down this path."

Starlight looked among the three and their ideas, "Well, those are all wonderful ideas." Starlight then looked away toward Twilight and then back, "But, um, give me a minute, would ya?" she then left the three and went to Twilight who had just shared a joke with Spike.

Twilight turned to see Starlight, "Congratulations." Twilight said weakly as she looked away from Starlight for a second.

Starlight mimicked the gesture, "Thanks." she said just as unsure as Twilight.

Twilight then held her upper right arm with her left hand, "So how do you feel?" she asked as she turned back to Starlight.

Starlight gave a sigh, "I'm not totally sure. I know I feel some happiness over the honor I received and for moving on to my next step. But I'm also surprised and overwhelmed at how sudden it all is." Starlight then had a minor panic, "Not that I'm not grateful for everything you have done and gave me, but are you sure about this?"

Twilight nodded, "Believe me. I've thought long and hard about this."

Starlight took a breath, "You always do." she looked at the floor unsure about the future.

Twilight reached out and lifted Starlight's chin with her right hand, "You're ready Starlight." Twilight then turned away.

"Yeah!" Starlight said in defeat. There was a pause as she started to head back to the others. "No, I'm not," she whispered.

"You're not what?" Twilight asked as she stepped back and turned to face Starlight.

"I'm not ready to go!" Starlight announced. "There is so much I still have to learn…” Starlight didn’t finish as she was pulled into an embrace by Twilight, with both her wings and arms.

“Deep down, I’m not ready either.” Twilight confused as they ended the hug. Twilight then levitated towards the two the box with the mirror that she planned to give Starlight. “I got you this present.” Starlight started to open it as Twilight spoke, “It was going to be a "congrats on getting a medal" present, but then I was afraid it would have to be a going-away present, but now it's an "I couldn't be happier you're staying" present!" Starlight then saw the mirror and smiled before she looked back up to Twilight, “It fits perfectly over your dresser! I know. I measured.”

"Thank you," Starlight said as she looked at the mirror again before she placed it aside and then turned to Twilight with tears in her eyes.

Twilight also had tears in her eyes, "I might not know what's next, but I'll be here for you," The two smiled and then hugged. All the while, everyone else there continued to discuss various topics.


About three hours later, after everyone was gone and the party was over and Pinkie was all alone. She looked around, gave a shrug and then walked away only to came back with a big vacuum cleaner with a big child-like smile. She pressed a button on it and the vacuum cleaned up the whole mess with one sweep. Pinkie then whipped her forehead with a "Phee-yew!"

Author's Note:

And there it is, the season 7 opener... and in one weekend... Alright what's next

"You didn't know that you fell"... oh yeah the rest of the Siren's Song, I can man...

"Beyond these rooms, beyond these walls"... okay the answer to the Friendship Games, that's d...

"Now the magic is my salvation", and Legend of Everfree... Okay so may...

"I wish you'd all just go away and leave me alone!" And the summer shor...

"Open up your eyes!" Thank you Temp...

"I'm sitting here alone"... You're Special just came...

"Welcome to the Well of Shade!"...

BBBBBBUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

Comments ( 9 )

You poor guy. Okay. Just take a deep breath and ask yourself one question: Do I really need to adapt all that? Well, do ya, punk? :ajsmug:

8775884
Well, Dirty Harry, I am calling your bluff. Go and pull the trigger.:rainbowdetermined2:

Well, I suggest that you finish up some that are still in progress. After that, try and catch up with the Equestria Girls stories before moving onto the Pillars.

All I can say is that you did a great job on the exchanges, characterizations, general wrap-up and future story set-up in all the right places. Indeed, wonderful work combining general episode faithfulness with little added details that make things make more sense in this universe.

As for future stories, yeah, that IS a lot of material, but I would suggest going in chronological order (i.e. finish the Siren's Song, THEN the "Friendship Games" analogue, THEN the other stuff).

Plus, when you get to the "Legend of Everfree" analogue, you can include details of some of the Season Seven episodes (i.e. Rainbow, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy and Pinkie each telling a story of one of the Pillars around the campfire) AND the "friendship retreat" B-story of "All Bottled Up" (i.e. the reason Twilight and her friends are at the camp).

But these ARE meant to be just humble and polite suggestions. You don't have to do it that way if you don't want to and I can and DO respect that.

But whatever you decide, I'll still be looking forward to more of your work.

Yeah, I'd say that your writing schedule will be full for a while. It'll be a ride and a half, but it'll be a good one, I'm sure.

Now I am wondering just what Celestia isn't telling twilight, the guards and even spike seems to know but twilight doesn't.

8776818
Umm... :rainbowhuh:The guards are commenting on Celestia's pacing, they are part of a flashback.
As for Celestia and Spike... :raritywink:

"Yeah!" Starlight said in defeat. There was a pause as she started to head back to[beat]Starlight Glimmer: No, I'm not.

Huh?

Login or register to comment