• Published 2nd Mar 2018
  • 1,096 Views, 24 Comments

My Little Mages: Seraphic Guidance - Foxhelm



After Starlight, Trixie, Thorax and Discord were honored for their rescue, Twilight realized that Starlight's lessons has reach a point that Twilight needs advice from another... A My Little Mages retelling of Celestial Advice

  • ...
1
 24
 1,096

Twilight's Question

Author's Note:

Much like with My Little Mages: Enchanted Enigma Elixir, this is a three chapter story. I hope you enjoy.

A bipedal reptile stood in front of a wooden door in a crystalline castle. The reptile had purple scales with green spines along his back and was about the size of a thirteen-year-old boy. He wore a pair of denim jeans and a red shirt, this was Spike the dragon. He took a breath and knocked on the door. The door was opened by a woman with purple hair was with streaks of light purple and pale grayish aquamarine, her eyes were persian blue, done with most going back over her left and a rightward part of it. She wore brown boots that went just short of the knee, a dress that went past the knee, near the bottom of her left side were two streams of two different tones of light blue that taper to a four-pointed star a lighter shade of purple than the dress with a long sleeved magenta shirt with a pink jacket that sleeves covered over most of the shirt with golden trim. On her left shoulder was a metal guard with a purple four-pointed star on an inverted white four-pointed star, with a sash that was made of two sashes of two different tones of light blue. On her forehead was a purple focus gem cut to look like a four-pointed star. This was Starlight Glimmer, Starlight for short, "Hey, Spike. What's up?" she greeted the dragon.

Spike looked around, nervously for a second, "Just, uh, wanted to make sure you're ready for the ceremony today," he said as he found the words.

Starlight gave a closed-eyed smile as she nodded, "I'm ready," said with a smile. Unbeknownst to her, another woman teleported into her room. The woman, like Starlight, was in her early twenties but had dark sapphire hair with two streaks, one was rose and the other was violet, with violet eyes, and metallic wings purple and gold in color which seemed to float behind her and yet also come from her back with two amethyst six-pointed stars functioning for the wings like her arm's shoulder balls. She wore a headband with a horn-like amethyst focusing gem on her forehead, with a dull blue robe with large golden cuffs, pink pants and brown boots that went up above her ankle. Around her neck was a triangle-like amulet that was colored like a rainbow of orange, yellow, cyan, alabaster, pink and purple. This was Princess Twilight Sparkle, Twilight for short. Starlight continued to speak, "I find it hard to believe that today we are being honored." All the while Twilight was measuring the space above one of Starlight's dressers.

Spike then spoke up, in a way to keep Starlight focused on him while Twilight measure, "Are you kidding?" he asked rhetorically. "You, Trixie, Discord, and Thorax totally deserve the medals! After all, you four did save me, Twilight, Celestia, Luna, Cadance, everyone, heck all of Mystica from Chrysalis!" Spike said as he tried to keep Starlight focused on him.

Starlight shock her head, "I know. I was there."

Spike gave a weak laugh, "Yeah, of course." Spike was able to see Twilight wink and teleport away as she was done.

Spike took a step back from the room, "Well see you at the party." and he left. Starlight shrugged her shoulders as the dragon ran off and shut her door.

About five minutes later, Spike arrived at Twilight's room, "Sparkle and Spike, we make a good team!" Spike said as he leaned in the doorway.

Twilight laughed a little at what Spike called her, "I guess even I forgot that's part of my name." Twilight looked at the mirror above her dresser, and then to a box that was big enough for another mirror, "Do you think she suspected?" Twilight asked.

Spike shook his head with a confident grin on his face, "Nay, kept it short and to the point, although I am surprised you didn't ask her to do a shopping run." Spike pointed out.

Twilight shook her head at first before she explained, "I need her here for the party." Spike just shrugged his shoulders in response, as he elected to not press the matter. Twilight then looked at the box again. "Think she'll like the mirror?" Spike shrugged in response at first, "I want her to know that I am proud of Starlight, as her mentor and her friend and that Mystica is now safer thanks to your actions."

Spike looked at the box Twilight planned to give Starlight, "I am not sure the mirror will be enough to do that, heck I don't think that there's a card big enough for that.... even if you asked the CMC to help and tell them it's a Hearts and Charms Day card for Cheerilee."

Twilight shook her head as she went over to her mirror, "This mirror is what she needs. Every morning she'll get up and see that she's not alone and that all her family and friends are with her." Along the sides of her mirror, there were many pictures, one of Twilight as a little girl with Shining Armor, one with her and Cadance, one of her and her parents, one of her and her five friends in Magiville, one of her with the five friends she managed to rekindle back in Chantalot, one of her and Owlowisiouc, her pet owl, among other pictures. She then picked up the box with her magic, "What a perfect way to complete the ceremony?" she asked with her eyes closed and a big grin on her face.

Spike took a second to think and saw the clock, "Say, shouldn't we get the hall ready?"

Twilight waved her right hand away, "Pinkie got's it."


A woman about the same age as Starlight and Twilight, but shorter than the two entered an empty room large enough to house a party that that had at least three times the population of Magiville in attendance. The woman had bouncing cotton pink hair and blue eyes, this was the Pinkie, short for Pinkie Pie, that Twilight mentioned. She wore a bear legged leotard with blue shoes, a pink jester coat and a dark pink jester’s hat with three balloons, one was yellow and two were blue and on her jacket’s waist was a rubber chicken called ‘Boneless’, unlike other rubber chickens his right leg wasn’t the regular orange but a rainbow of orange, yellow, cyan, alabaster, pink and purple. Pinkie looked around with a 'Hmmm.' as she held her chin in thought. Next to her was rope which she pulled the rope which caused a score of tables fully stocked with party foods. She then whipped her forehead with a "Phew!"


About two hours later on a small platform Twilight stood on the stage right and was the closest to both the center and edge. Along with her were three other women that were farther to the stage right and back. The woman closest to Twilight had hair that was tri-colored light yellow, dark pink and royal purple. Her eyes were light purple. From her back came a set of metallic wings from like Twilight, but while Twilight’s wings were a set large star and a few smaller ones, the woman's were half-heart with crystals. The main mark of her magical specialty was a large crystal heart that was mostly the front torso of her dress. This was Twilight’s sister-in-law, Cadance. The next woman was slightly taller than Cadance and also had metallic wings but they were black and dark blue with a crescent moon as in lue of the sun, heart, and stars. Unlike Twilight and Cadance, her hair seemed to float but was like a starry night devoid of any terrestrial based light pollution, she also had cyran eyes. She wore a dark blue gothic dress that went just below her knees, a black choker with a silver crescent moon, and black and silver boots. This was Princess Luna. The last woman was taller than Luna and seemed older than Cadance, but also like Luna also gave off an aura of agelessness. Her long hair seemed to be a rainbow of two shades of light blue, a shade of light green and pink and it seemed to float even with no wind present, like Luna. She had purple eyes and from her back, like Twilight, Cadance and Luna came two metallic wings, but hers were golden and white and had as the center of them a sun. She wore a long alabaster gown that even covered her feet. This was Princess Celestia.

Across from Twilight was Starlight, with three others on the stage left. Across from Cadance was a woman about the same age as Starlight and Twilight. The woman light blue hair and purple eyes and wore blue gloves, a black dress with knee-high boots, she also had Around her waist was a buckle shaped like a wand topped with a star and a cape with a series of stars and at her neck was blue gem that was worn as a necklace, but looked like it could be made as the clasp for a cloak, which it was being used as for a cloak of moons and stars with a matching hat. This was was Trixie Lulamoon, better known as The Great and Powerful Trixie, Trixie for short.

Across from Luna was a man about six feet tall, His left hand had longer nails than most men, giving a talon-like appearance, compounded by the fact that his shirt’s sleeve ended above the elbow. His right hand and arm were in a yellow gauntlet that went all the way to his shoulder. He had a blue bird-like wing like pauldron over his left shoulder, and a purple bat-like wing one for his right shoulder. His right leg was normal as his left leg matched but was armored like the gauntlet on his right arm but was green in color. He wore light brown pants, a waistcoat that’s exterior was a more reddish brown than his pants with a long tail which seemed to be redder to replace his dragon tail and a high collar with gold lining it and where the coat connected in the front. This was Discord.

The final of the four and standing opposite of Celestia was another man, he too stood six feet tall. His skin was white-ish pink like most Mysticans. His eyes were moderate rose and his hair was a light rose. His shirt had long open sleeves that were moderate blue-violet in color with dark fuchsia shoulders that was under an upper chest piece that was lime green and faded int bright gamboge in color with three light blue crystals. He wore what only be seen as lime green pants under an emerald robe and shoes that looked like their inspired by leaves in their design, and on his head was crown that looked like it was made of plant-life and resembled the antlers of a deer that was bright orange in color with some green. This was the recently crowned elven king, Thorax.

In the audience were many of Magivillie's residences, the residences of Starlight's old village and elves not unlike Thorax, dressed in clothes that were made of various colors some extremely bright and some earthy. Among the audience were ten key people in the front row. The first was Pinkie followed by another woman about her age with pink hair but taller, she also had teal colored eyes, but her hair was a lighter shade of pink then Pinkie. She was Fluttershy she was dressed in a green, yellow and light blue dress with a stylized pink butterfly as a brooch for her hood, and above her left ear was a blue flower but one of its pedals was a rainbow of orange, yellow, cyan, alabaster, pink and purple. Next to her was a woman with rainbow colored hair that was done in a high ponytail with a hairpin that looked like a stylized cloud and a tri-colored rainbow of red, yellow and blue, with cerise eyes. She wore black sock-like boats that went above her knees, with a dull purple skirt and light a dull blue shirt with white and gold wing styled sleeves. On her waist was a quiver and a bow and from her ankles came ethereal wing. Also, on her shirt was a pin of a stylized lightning bolt with wings, the wings were gold in color while the lightning bolt had the coloration of a rainbow of orange, yellow, cyan, alabaster, pink and purple. This was Rainbow Dash. Next to Rainbow Dash was a woman with long deep-magenta hair with a small tiara on her head with three sapphires cut as kites, this was Rarity, she had azure eyes, and she wore a long alabaster gown with some pinkish-purple with a long shawl that was composed of two rainbows in color, a traditional rainbow going the length of the shawl save for the width of one of the shorter edges which running perpendicular to the rest of the shawl was a rainbow of orange, yellow, cyan, alabaster, pink and purple, going around her back and hanging from her elbows. Next to her was a blonde woman with green eyes, named Applejack. Her hair was done in a low ponytail and was dressed in brown pants, brown boots, a red leather jacket with some pieces of armor most notably pauldrons with stylized apples, brown gloves, a scabbard with a longsword in it. Around her neck was a black cord that had a coin with a rendering of apples on both sides but looked like a rainbow of orange, yellow, cyan, alabaster, pink and purple.

Next to the five women were five more people. The first was Double Diamond, a man who wore blue denim pants with purple boots that could easily be attached to skis or snowboards, a white sweater with blue diamonds going around the shoulder level of it with three blue snowflakes arranged like a triangle on the front. The second person was another man by the name of Party Favor, who, in addition to a set of gloves with pink gems as his focus gems in the palms, wore a white longsleeved shirt, bright cyan pants, a purple vest with a balloon animal and streamers rendered on the back, purple shoes and a cyan tie. Next to him was another Magicborn, this time a woman that had cerise eyes and magenta hair which had a similar bounce to it like Party Favor's, she wore a sort light blue dress like those in the roller skate themed dinners that went mid-thigh with a short white baker's apron with a cupcake with purple frosting topped with a cherry with four jellybeans red to yellow in color depicted on the front under a large bow that went around her waist that was pale cerise and yellow in color. She also wore a necklace that went done to her bosom and had a gem that seemed to be aligned with her heart. This was Sugar Belle. Next to Sugar Belle was another woman who had white and bluish-gray hair that was blown back like it was always against the wind with cerulean eyes and had a pair of night black ethereal wings. She wore black sandals, a moderate azure sleeve-less tight shirt, shorts that exposed her midriff and leggings that exposed part of her thighs. On her shirt over her right bosom was a depiction of a crescent moon surrounded by two curved feathers. This was Night Glider.

In the same row, as the previous nine was another man, his name being Sunburst, he was slightly thinner than most, as to be expected of men that delve deep into text, be the text for the hidden knowledge of the fabric of the universe or the hallowed scriptures of the Divine’s teachings. He wore glasses which didn’t hide his eyes, which were a gradient of various shades of blue dark cornflower blue to moderate cyan. His hair was two shades of vermilion, both vivid and brilliant, with a matching goatee. He wore a bright gamboge shirt with his Aura Mark, an an orange sun bursting with four yellow rays of two different shades of yellow on the sun’s left side with six blue stars of two different shades of blues around the sun’s right side, a set of pants matching most of his shirt, on his hands were a set of white gloves on his hands. He wore over his shirt and pants a light blue cloak with a light green lining of the trim and a series of light green five-pointed stars, and clasping the cloak was his focus gem, which was a light green circle sun with white rays pointing to his right, with a small white four-pointed star in the sun’s double right corner.

Twilight turned to those watching, "Starlight Glimmer, Trixie 'The Great and Powerful Trixie' Lulamoon, Discord and the new change-"

Thorax cleared his throat which caused Twilight to pause, "Elven" Thorax corrected, "We're trying to remake our image."

Twilight nodded and elected to continue with that change noted in the rest of her speech, "And the new elven king, Thorax, were brave," See said as she looked more towards Thorax, "resourceful," this time her focus was more on Starlight, "and proved how strong the bonds of friendship are." Twilight took a glance to Starlight, Trixie, Discord, and Thorax before she continued. "They stopped the former Queen Chrysalis, setting the elves free from her tyranny and saved Mystica!"

Discord then teleported to be the crowd and dressed like a sports fan "Go, Discord! Yahoo!" There were various laughs and giggles at Discord's action. There were a few eye rolls but for the most part, everyone was amused by Discord.

Celestia then stepped forward with a pillow, on the pillow were four pink gems cut to look like hearts on blue ribbons. "Thank you Discord," Celestia giggled. "As such we are here to honor these four for their actions with the highest award that can be given to civilians and non-citizens on Mystica, The Pink Hearts of Courage!" Celestia then began to levitate the three of the medals to the other three princesses. Twilight walked towards Starlight and placed the medal around Starlight's neck. Cadance then followed suit with Trixie. Luna then followed as she placed the medal on Discord, and finally, Celestia held out the medal with both hands to Thorax. "I cannot actually place the medal on you, it would imply that I am your superior." Thorax nodded and took the blue ribbon and placed it on himself.

The four princesses stepped back as Twilight started to speak again, "Thank you all!" Everyone then cheered and applauded the four. Trixie and Starlight nodded with Trixie taking off of her hat. Discord bowed and Thorax raised his right hand as the cheers and applauds continued.

Shortly after the four stepped down from the stage and began to mingle with the rest. Trixie began to talk with several people manly with residents from both Magiville and Starlight's village, and a few of the visiting elves, "It was the pleasure of the Grrrrreat and Powerrrrrful Trrrrixie to save you all."

Discord the popped out from under Trixie's hat, "Of course, they should be thankful," Discord then tapped on her nose and walked out from under her hate. "You did it all." Starlight, Sunburst, and Thorax walked upon this scene and Starlight giggled at the serving of humble pie that Discord gave Trixie.

Sunburst then took off his glass in shock of everything that "I can't believe you managed to do it without magic.

One of the elves, a clearly male elf, "It was amazing!" he said clearly impressed with Starlight's accomplishment.

The elf closest to him, a female then continued, "No one can remember a time that anyone stood up to Chrysalis!" also equally impressed.

Starlight tried to brush the comment aside, "I just did what anyone in my situation would have done.", in a futile attempt to sway the praise she received.

Twilight watched how everyone was treating Starlight with a smile on her face. She noted that Starlight has clearly come a long way since she accepted Twilight's offer to be Twilight's student. While she watched, she was joined by Celestia, "Isn't it a wonderful feeling?" Celestia asked as she too witnessed the scene, "To see a student of yours shine as you always knew."

Twilight could not help but laugh at that response and then rubbed her cheeks, with the smile still on her face, "I don't recall ever smiling this much before! My cheeks are sore!" She cheered.

Celestia had a small giggle, "I can not but imagine how that feels," Celestia replied with a wink and went on her way

As Celestia left Discord walked upon the scene, "So with Starlight as the student of the year, what's next on your list for her?" Discord asked as he floated in front of Twilight. He then pointed at her nose, "As her mentor," he the teleported to stand on Twilight's shoulders, "her fate rests on your shoulders."

Twilight then teleported in a stack of papers, as Discord stepped back onto the ground, "I've got three years worth of friendship lessons for her all planned out." Discord then started to laugh as Twilight teleported the papers away. Twilight was confused at Discord's action. "What's so funny?"

Discord finished his laugh, "My dear, Starlight is now beyond your basic friendship lessons." Discord then pointed to and held it out for Twilight to see better, "She just won the highest medal that can be bestowed in Mystica."

Twilight cleared her throat, "Actually that's the highest only civilians and non-residents of Mystica can, the Shield of Virtue is actually higher, granted only military personnel can qualify." Twilight pointed out.

Discord rolled his eyes, "Regardless. You've got to be joking with the three years of friendship lessons." Discord then gave a much-subdued chuckle.

Twilight gave a weak laugh, "Of course," she lied, "While Laughter is not my Element, I do have a sense of humor." Twilight then gave another nervous laugh.

Discord either didn't catch the lie or acted like he didn't as he spoke, "Knowing how much you look up and strive to emulate KK, you must obviously have a grand master plan for Starlight. Not unlike the one Tia had set up for yourown ascension."

"Pff, obviously," Twilight lied was he waved her left hand dismissively.

Discord then started to float, "I bet Starlight will want to hear it all." Discord then teleported away as Twilight looked around nervously.


Starlight and Thorax walked among the crowd of people there, noticing how open everyone was to each other. "So what's is like to be a king?" Starlight asked.

Thorax gave a weak laugh as the two walked, "In hindsight, maybe I shouldn't have interpreted what Chrysalis said a declaration of a comhrac. I am not all the skilled with politics." Thorax then looked around and sighed, "As you can guess none of the score that didn't change are here, which I can't blame them for." Just then a humanoid male walked by the two with a plate full of food. He had long pointed ears, grayish skin and green eyes with white circles separating the green ‘whites’ from the pupils. It wore a black long sleeve shirt, dark gray pant, with what looked like three green bands that gave his torso an insectoid appearance. Over his shoulders was a shawl-like green cloth, not unlike the elves were when they changelings under Chrysalis' rule.

Thorax looked from the changeling to Starlight, "Who was that?" Thorax asked utterly confused.

Starlight was taken aback at that, "You don't know?" Starlight asked in turn. Thorax shook his head. "Well, that's Kevin, he kind of just moved into town one day from what I heard, he usually keeps to himself. I think he's of the twenty that didn't change."

Thorax shook his head, "As vast as the 'swarm' was, we all knew everyone in it. But there was no other hive." Thorax said as he was perplexed.

Kevin then walked up the two, "It's okay that you don't know me, you're what a score and a half, I got lost from the swarm about a century ago, Chrysalis must have written me off as dead."

"Why didn't you go back?" Thorax asked Kevin utterly taken aback.

Kevin looked around the room, "And lose this harvest," he replied before he turned to Starlight, "No offense," Starlight raised her eyebrow in response with a deadpan expression. Kevin then turned back to Thorax, "Not even if Chrysalis made me her favorite drone. Congrats on becoming king. Catch you all later." And Kevin went back into the crowd.

Starlight then turned back to Thorax and elected to change the topic back to what they were discussing, "Anyway, back to the score that didn't change?"

Thorax dipped his head, " Yeah," he sighed as he still looked at the floor, "I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Drones challenges me soon. And that's not even addressing how much has changed so fast for us." He then raised his head with a soft smile as the two walked upon a couple of elves who were in conversation with Applejack and Rarity, "But we seem to be adjusting to everything."

Both elves looked at each other and then back to Applejack and Rarity, one of them asked, "So, you can't have friendships without..." the one that spoke turned back to the other and the other raised her shoulders and hands in silence. The elf that spoke then turned back to Rarity and Applejack, "makeovers?"

Rarity gave a big smile and nodded while Applejack took a second to think, "Not exactly." the paladin replied unsurely.

Discord then teleported to be right next to Starlight and Thorax, "Hey Starlight. How's the party?" Discord asked. Before Starlight could answer, "Hopefully well because Twilight has an important for us." Discord then stopped, "Technically only you, but I just like to keep tabs." Discord admitted with a laugh.

Starlight shook her head at the avatar of Chaos, "Okay," she said and turned to Thorax, "Would you—?" before she could finish Discord place his hand on her shoulder and teleported the two away. When the two arrived at the spot Discord took her, which was where Twilight was. Starlight gave a sight sigh, "Forget it." She then looked to Discord and then to Twilight, "Okay what's going on?"

Discord then snaked to be around Twilight and placed his hands on her shoulders, "Your teacher is about to share the next step in her plan for you."

Starlight looked to Discord, "Really?" she asked Discord not fully believing him and then turned to Twilight, "I am curious about what's next."

Discord then stood beside Starlight with a pen and notepad."Yes, we are both very interested," he prepared to jot what Twilight said down.

Twilight gave a nervous laugh at first, "Oh now's not the time for that." She then grabbed a drink that was being served and took a drink. "You two should enjoy your party." She then sipped her drink nervously.

Before Starlight question Twilight, Trixie ran up to Starlight and took her arm, "Come on! The Magiville Chronicle wants our picture!" She said as she began to pull her along. Trixie then saw Discord was also there. She groaned and "and you, Discord."

As the three started to head to get their picture for the article that the Magiville Chronicle was going to publish, Twilight, sipped more of her drink as Discord silently appeared behind her, and whispered in her ear, "I can see what you're doing."

Twilight's eyes shot wide as her pupils constricted, "You do?" she asked in a near panic as she all but dropped her drink.

Discord smirked as he leaned in, "You're waiting for the perfect moment in the party, as you planned for the grand announcement so that everyone will know the next step for Starlight." Discord then walked to be in front of Twilight and actually was running in place, "I must Fluttershy and the girls!" He then teleported before Twilight could respond. Twilight looked around nervously for about a second before she ran through the door to the library which was there.

This was seen by Spike who gave a sigh and walked after her. Upon his arrival, he saw Twilight going through stacks of papers. Spike had long ago honed the ability to control how much he heard from Twilight when she went into various rants. "Don't tell me, there's something wrong," the dragon summarized as he looked around the floor.

Twilight dropped all the papers she had in her hands and dropped to her knees, "I'm a terrible mentor!" She shouted and then looked around her and the mess of paper, "I don't have a path for Starlight?"

Spike shook his head, as he went over to one of the bookshelves and picked up a dictionary, "Twilight, what you're talking about is what a master does, you know master and apprentice for a trade," as Spike spoke he dog-eared the page with the definitions of the word 'master', "A mentor helps someone along the path the mentee selected for themselves." Spike said as he dog-eared the page with the definitions of 'mentor' and handed the dictionary to Twilight.

Twilight unfolded the dog-eared pages and put the book down on a table in the library, "Well, Princess Celestia had it all figured out for me!" Spike only replied with an eye-roll. Twilight then gasped at the realization she made. "That's it!" She then ran with an excited squeal to get Celestia. Spike shook his head and followed. About five minutes later, Celestia and Spike were seated in Twilight's and Spike's thrones respectively. Twilight walked in front of them, "I had about three years of friendship lessons ready but when Discord pointed out that Starlight took command after we were captured by Chrysalis. I guess my planned friendship lessons aren't enough now."

Princess Celestia rested her chin on her right knuckles for a second as if in thought, or faining it, "So let me see if I understand you correctly, you have a student that has achieved more than what you expected sooner than you expected." She then turned to Spike, "Does that sound familiar, Spike?" She asked the dragon. Spike only chuckled in reply. "So why are we here?" Celestia asked.

Twilight sighed as she sat at the table across from Celestia, "I need advice, you were in this spot before with me. So you would know what I ought to do." Twilight started and then took a minute to think as she looked at the table, "Wait when I reached this point in my apprenticeship..." Twilight's eyes then widen and raised her head to look at Celestia, "You sent me to Magiville!"