• Published 22nd Jun 2017
  • 2,461 Views, 104 Comments

Assassinverse: Under The Red Hood - Hopelight



When Traditionalists start dropping like flies not long after Twilight Sparkle’s death, all of Equestria finds itself asking one question: Who is the "stallion" under the Red Hood?

  • ...
29
 104
 2,461
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 61 )

You killed poor Rainbow.:ajbemused:
You killed my second fave pony among the Mane 6.:ajbemused::facehoof:
Seriously, buck you.:twilightangry2:

I think I even have a hunch as to just WHO the filth is that killed her, though.
I hope that Red Hood rips the stupid bitch apart when he finds her.

Well, on another note, at least maybe now she and Twi can make up again in the afterlife.

On ANOTHER note, PLEASE don't let Gilda get blamed for Dash's death.

KO awesome chapter, sad that Rainbow Dash died but she will avenge by Red Hood and he will stop Sundancer's plan before things get worse. :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::rainbowdetermined2:

That moment when the description still remains unedited and rough. That moment when you realize your advice is going on ignored. That moment when you're tempted to call it quits even though you really, really want to help but can't help but feel that you aren't wanted.

That's quite the moment.

Spike better have a big roll in the story and if he does then that would be AWSOME ok I leave by bye

8260233
Nope. The sexual content will be strictly T-rated. The gore is why the Mature rating is there.

Whoever killed Rainbow Dash has just signed her death warrant.

For the hands of death will be coming for her or him very soon..

Here's what I wish would happen to the Traditionalists:

8260473
Well, I don't know about that, but rest assured, at some point in this series, Unicornia will burn to ashes.

8260476
Then, one way it can be destroyed is with something like this:

Or with this big boy Project Zeus:

8260416 Somehow, that's not too reassuring to my mind.

But, as always, I eagerly await whatever it is that you two have in mind.

Hey there, I get the feeling you got this from my old profile pic, it was redhood from arkm knight, true or untrue?

8260308
That moment when it was a pure fucking coincidence that two descriptions happen to be fucking similar and that one author couldn't stop whining about something extremely trivial and utterly pointless. That moment when the guy doesn't consider nobody cares that much and have moved on but he hasn't.

Quite a moment.

8261219
Well, then please excuse me for sticking around for months trying to help this guy get better. I see that i obviously have no idea what I'm talking about and I should really try to remember that this guy doesn't want improvement so mich as he wants praise I cannot give until things are fixed, despite the fact that I have given praise before while criticisms of mine have continued to be ignored. That is fine.

8261515
Really? Because all I've ever seen from you is zero praise in his stories and your entire criticism is based around the idea of only tearing him down. You stopped being someone that can help and started being a complete jack ass. Your previous comment being a perfect example. Do I want him to improve? Yes but I don't act like an entitled tool in the process when I say it.

Hmmm this story has attracted my interest...carry on.

8260233
Before I read this, what is the Gore, and Dark tag for ?
And how bad does it get ?

8261843
Then allow me to redirect you to some comments of mine that would perhaps--and I emphasize this perhaps--detail a far more lighter side to me than you would hope to ever bear witness.

The prime and most prevalent example will be Joker's "Get Dunked On." Here you shall find several of my comments. Here is one of them. Note its length, its detail, and, more importantly, its number of upvotes. It was written with a purpose in mind--to provide useful feedback--and it was written in a way such as to invoke a conversation. I would argue that the upvotes mean that such a comment is not only agreeable, it also carries enough weight to be considered credible. Note additionally that this is my second comment on this story, and it was the one that Joker first responded to.

Meanwhile, this is the first one made; shorter, yes, but still critical of the story. More on the point is that Joker never responded nor seemed to acknowledge this comment. He only followed through on the second one. This would perhaps warrant the argument that he believes the story's content is more important than the story's first impression by way of the description. In a way, this is correct, but when one blatantly ignores one critique and favors another while they both address the same material, you must understand that some cynicism will be felt.

Moving on, I have also several comments on Joker's "You Can't Lock Up The Darkness." Here is the first one. It's short and sweet and to the point, and has a nice upvote ratio. Joker did not respond to this one, but I suppose that can be allowed, since it was very short.

Here is the second comment. As you can see, it is much longer, much more critical, and much more detailed and expansive. To his credit, Joker did respond, with this comment. And I also responded likewise. To our shared mystery, I have no idea why Joker's responding comments have been downvoted. I found them pleasant and not-at-all terrible. Of course, I'd imagine the prime suspect to be myself, and while there is no way I can prove otherwise, I would plead that it was not me and I will not resort to petty red-coloring as a means to an end, however contrived that may sound.

You must also note that on this same story, at least half of the comments discuss the same thing: that of the fact that it is unlikely that Joker will finish the story. This I mention not to support any sort of claim, but rather to display that I am not alone in my criticism; I do not act necessarily alone; and that I am among others who will critique if they believe the piece is worth critiquing.

Finally, in "The Psychic Knight" I have written this comment. Again, it is rather short and concise, focusing on an aspect of Joker's writing that I believed needed to be addressed. It also was not addressed in any follow-up comment, and due to this I was forced to assume it had been, much like other things, ignored.

It is not known to me how you will interpret this comments, as the tone they carry can be very much influenced by personal biases. This being said, I would like to believe and thus state that through these comments, it is not my intention to appear self-righteous or demeaning towards Joker. It is my intention to be critical because I believe these pieces of Joker's are worth being critical towards. And while it is most assuredly filled with bias , I will say that my words do carry enough weight to be considered all credible. If the upvotes are not enough evidence of this, I shall direct your attention to not just Joker's comments in reply, but others as well, found in the first comment linked. Moreover, Joker himself has contacted me regarding his behavior and his writing.

A good critic, I have found, especially in regards to writing, is a fellow writer, for he/she knows exactly what he/she is talking about when he/she points out a flaw. It is a craft in which all of us are learning, and all of us are trying to find some manner of nirvana through it.

That being said, let us continue this rhetoric and now argue for your point.

I will without hesitation concede and outright admit that my comments on this story have not been as progressive as I would want them be. Only one really had any substance; the rest were childish and immature, boorish and impish, insulting and demeaning and, regrettably, self-righteous. Case in point, this comment, written as a reaction to the lack of a reaction.

Upon reflection, I had no right to write such a comment. Regardless of the time span between this comment and the initial critique, it is not my birthright to assume that the author shall respond immediately to what is said. In all likelihood, due to the influx of comments on this story, mine was lost in the throng; such a possibility should be further explored. Moreover, whatever intention I had of helping Joker was lost in such a blatantly sarcastic and bitter comment; the very tone is acidic and burning, and not in such a way such as to elicit laughter or to convince, but rather in a manner that is without a doubt hurtful, crude, and unbecoming of someone who does want to help.

By bringing attention to the lack of attention, all that I have done is create doubt and uncertainty. Rather than foster progression, I have crafted regression. I offer no excuses for such a comment, and, upon reflection, I find it abhorrent that I could have ever written such a thing. It is unlike how I want to be, it is unlike how one should be, and it is unlike someone who wants to help another writer out. The most I can offer is the most sincerest of apologies for my behavior, even though now it is unlikely it will merit much award.

But this next part will surely sound cutting, for I will not retract the comments made. Though they are indeed awful, they hold some measure of value, in not just assessing my behavior, but the writing style of Joker. Only one, really, is helpful, and it is that one which I was responding to; or rather, the lack of an attention to that comment to which I was responding. I would wish that it is at least acknowledged, and, apparently, four others would, too.

The role of a critic is not to be the creator's friend. I am not your friend. I am not Joker's friend. To be a critic is to investigate flaws in the creator's creation so that the creator can learn to do better. While this means, of course, constantly going on and on about topics that, to the layman, are utterly irrelevant, what is said is what is said; that is, it is something that has been said for a reason, and such reason should be acknowledged. For a more positive suggestion, then, perhaps what Joker ought to do is follow Stephen King's advice: laugh, but acknowledge that in some way, the critic is right.

No doubt you will find this view offensive or vulgar. You hold yourself to that because it is your own. As for me, I shall say I am sorry for any grief I have caused, for that was never what was supposed to happen. But it has happened, and I am willing to accept the guilt and move on, if you just as much are willing.

8262457
Why bother? I have nothing to say to him and nothing else he can say to me that can change what we've said. He's made his peace clear and I have mine.

8260567
This story is back and under new management. You're welcome.

8302150
Well, Hopelight has worked with me on several other projects, such as You Can't Lock Up The Darkness (Zoom Displaced) and he'll be working with me on my Dark Archer story as well. Trust me, this story is in good hands.

Why kill rainbow dash ☹️

8309665
Wasn't my call, The Sinestro Joker is the original author, I'm just going from where he left off. By that I mean he wrote both of these chapters before he decided to scrap the whole thing and gave me permission to return it to life.

Can you have rainbow dash be all most dead but sill be alive

8311616
Only Mostly Dead? I'll see if I can work that in.

8311721
Actually, I'm gonna have to put my foot down on this one. Rainbow has to be dead. Like, graveyard dead, like Twilight. Otherwise that ...THING... with Gilda can't happen, and you know that was in my plans.

It's a good idea

Or you can make her a crippled

But come on don't kill rainbow dash

Why target the mane 5

8311840
No. Dash must die. So that Gilda can become someone else. So she can become something else.

You could put her in a coma

8312056
If it's a deep enough coma for long enough, what we have planned could still work. But your idea still had a chance of not actually being used.

Okay thanks for your time

I just want to save rainbow dash

Robin as the Red Hood has always been my favorite character. I always have enjoyed anything with this character in it. Perfect mix of Batman's skills with an anti-hero's perspective.

8996183
So you would put an entire nation, an entire population bigger then you, at risk.

8312094
*chuckles sinisterly*Oh, Amadeus. Just be glad you're lucky... that it isn't the Punisher you're facing.

8996188
That never stopped Jason before.

9171265
And it caused more problems than it solved.

9171267
Be that as it may, that doesn't excuse people from committing these crimes.

9171371
*Head hits desk*

THEN WHAT EXCUSES GALLANT?! I THOUGHT YOU QUIT THIS STUPID ASS ARGUMENT AGES AGO! WHY BRING IT UP NOW?!

9171379
I never even started that argument. I think you have me confused with someone else bro.

9171392
Oh my God. YOU LITERALLY JUST REPLIED TO MY COMMENT AFTER A NEAR THREE MONTH SEPARATION. There's ZERO REASON to keep this going out of the blue unless you're that desperate to be in the right.

9171398
That's because I never even saw your original comment until today. I was checking out what comments were new, mostly ones begging for more of this story. Plus, I've been working on my other stories. Also, WAKANDA FOREVER!!!

9171472
You could've just left this comment alone honestly.

9171480
Sorry, I like to reply to those who reply to me. It's common courtesy. RIP Heath Ledger, you are missed greatly down here on Earth.

Login or register to comment