• Published 9th Jun 2017
  • 1,595 Views, 46 Comments

The Princess of Nature - Pinkie Pie Sweets



The girls meet a new alicorn who never see other ponies, can the girls help her feel welcome

  • ...
6
 46
 1,595

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 33: Friendship is Only the Beginning

Chapter 33: Friendship is Only the Beginning

Two weeks later, Tiger Lily and Starlight are having a two pony sleepover. Even though Starlight will be staying at the castle with Twilight and Spike, she like to have some quality time with her new and favorite cousin. During the night, Starlight and tiger Lily are having some hot s'mores with some cold milk, and are sitting next to the castle.

Tiger Lily happily says, "We sure have a good two weeks together."

"Yeah, this been the best time I have. I'm glad I'm living here with you Twilight, and the others," Starlight happily answers.

"I'm glad too, and I also enjoyed our trip to the village. It's simple, but it looks nice," Tiger Lily replies.

"Yeah, and the village's progress is looking great," Starlight adds happily.

They then start to remember their time at the village. A week ago, Twilight, Starlight, and Tiger Lily take a trip to the village to see how it's doing and so Starlight can make amends while they're there. Luckily, everyone in the village forgive her and can understand losing a friends can be very difficult. Of course, everypony in the village are in awed when Starlight tells them that Tiger Lily is her cousin and an alicorn. They gone to Sugar Belle's Bakery so they can have some treats and some drinks. The three are with, Double Diamond, Night Glider, Sugar Belle, and Party Favor, so they can hear more of stories about Starlight and Tiger Lily.

"Wow, I can't believe that your cousin is an alicorn," Party Favor says looking excited.

"Yeah, I thought Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess and Princess Twilight were the only alicorns." Sugar Belle replies.

Starlight blushes while scratching her head with her hoof as she says, "Yeah, it was surprisingly to me too. What's more, I never knew she was my cousin until our time traveling adventure."

"I can't believe you all travel through time so much," Night Glider says looking surprised.

"Wish I could see it," Party Favor says with a grin.

"Then you would see how dangerous it is to see that even changing part of the past can cause the future to get messed up," Tiger Lily says looking a bit scared.

"It can't be that bad, could it? " Double Diamond asks as he and the others look at Starlight.

"Don't look at me, I never travel with them until they dragged me to one of them," Starlight protests.

Then Twilight explains, "Well, most of the future involves all the enemies I faced in my past."

"Like who?" Night Glider asks.

"King Sombra, Queen Chrysalis, Nightmare Moon, Tirek, even Discord," Twilight answers.

Then Tiger Lily says, "I remember some of them, and Discord's future of Equestria is kind of strange to me."

"How strange are we referring to?" Starlight asks looking confused.

Tiger Lily starts to think trying to remember what she sees while her time traveling adventure.

Then she says,"Well, there were checkerboard fields, cotton candy clouds, and fish floating around, everyone is practically topsy turvy or something like that."

"That sounds like paradise to me, my sweet Tiger Lily," A familiar voice says coming out of nowhere.

Hearing the voice cause everyone pony in the bakery to be surprised. Everypony else are confused and wondering where the voice is coming from, but Tiger Lily and Twilight recognize his voice anywhere. Knowing their friend, he's probably hiding somewhere in plain sight so he can eavesdrop on them.

"Who said that?" Sugar Belle asks.

"It's Discord, but where is here?" Tiger Lily explains, as she looks around,

"On the table next to these delicious cupcakes!" Discord's voice calls out.

The six ponies look on the table where the cupcakes on, and are shocked to see Discord lying on the table eating the big cupcake, and drinking the picture of milk with a giant swizzle straw. He then waves to everypony with his lion paw with a Smile on his face.

"Discord!" Twilight Firmly shouts.

"What are you doing here?" Tiger Lily politely asks.

With his magic, Discord appears behind Tiger Lily and Starlight at his normal size. Starlight, and the others, excluding Twilight and Tiger Lily are shocked to see the creature standing with them. They have never see a creature like this before.

With a grin, he happily answers, "Well, Fluttershy told me that Starlight Glimmer, who manipulated this village is your cousin, I just have to meet her, and there she is."

"Um, hi Discord," Starlight says looking a bit nervous.

"Hello Starlight, it's very nice to meet you," Discord says with a smile.

Then Tiger Lily asks, "So how are you doing?"

"I'm doing fine just doing some fun, and want to help ponies with their lives.," Discord answers.

He then has an idea and says, "You know this village is looking a bit plain and dull, I'm sure with my magic I can make it look great."

"No, no, no, no, no!" Twilight scaredly shouts.

Twilight then pounces on Discord to the ground. Discord and Twilight aren't hurt, but maybe it's not the best solution to ask him not to.

Then Discord says, "I simply no would have been good."

"Sorry," Twilight replies.

"Either way, I think the village is fine the way it is, and I'm not sure everypony will agree on your changes here," Tiger Lily adds with a calm smile.

"If you say so," Discord replies.

He then looks at his watch and says, "Would you look at the time, I must be heading off now."

"Just be sure to bring Starlight during our tuesday tea," Discord says to Tiger Lily with a smile.

Tiger Lily smiles back and says, "Okay."

"See you later everypony," Discord says.

He then disappears in as quickly as possible. When he's gone the others are looking a bit confused seeing Discord, along with his appearance and magic.

Sugar Bell looks at Twilight and Tiger Lily with a confused look as she says, "Your friend, Discord is a bit odd."

"He's also very weird," Starlight bluntly answers.

"Don't worry, I'm sure once you all get to know Discord, he can be a very sweet and fun to be with," Tiger Lily replies with a smile.

Twilight laughs a bit and says, "You can say that again, there's never a dull moment when Discord's around."

The rest of the time at the village, Tiger Lily, Starlight, Twilight, and the others do what they can to help make the village better. Tiger Lily also uses some of her magic to help the gardens and plants grow here. Twilight also told them about the places where they can get some stuff for what they need from Ponyville and anywhere else in the village. At the end, everypony has a wonderful day, and it's great to extend friendship even further.

After remembering their trip, Tiger Lily and starlight are finishing with the dishes, and are getting themselves ready for bed. It's already a quarter past ten and are not going to stay a minute later. The two ponies are feeling very tired after the time they have together.

"We sure had a great time there," Tiger Lily says.

"Yep," Starlight replies.

Starlight lets out a yawn and says,"Well I'm tired so I'm going to head to bed."

"Right, it's getting late," Tiger Lily replies.

The Tiger Lily a bit nervous and asks, "Starlight, are still feeling a bit uncomfortable about me being your cousin?"

"Why do you think that?" Starlight asks looking confused.

Tiger Lily feels a bit nervous and says, "Well, I guess you're the first family I'm met, and me being a alicorn… I guess I have a funny feeling you might feel a bit unsure about it at first."

Starlight understands what Tiger Lily is talking about, and she has to admit, anypony will feel a bit skeptic about the situation.

Then Starlight answers, "I do have to admit, I found it surprisingly that you're my cousin, but you're my friend too and that will never change."

"Thanks Starlight, and can I ask you something?" Tiger Lily asks.

"Anything," Starlight replies.

Tiger Lily answers looking nervous, "Do you think someday, I can meet any other family members, including your parents?"

Starlight start to feel a bit unknown about Tiger Lily's request. She hasn't seen her parents or any of her relatives in a long time. Then again, it might be a good opportunity to talk to them again, and for Tiger Lily to meet her other relatives, but worried what will happen if they know what happened to her parents. She then decide it will eba great idea to introduce them, and so Tiger Lily will have more family member to see.

Starlight smiley smiles and says, "We'll just have to wait and see, and you kept your promise about the moon flowers, so I'm going to keep my promise to introduce you to my family?"

"Thanks, "Tiger Lily replies with a smile.

Starlight says, "Night Tiger Lily."

"Goodnight Starlight," Tiger Lily replies.

After saying goodnight to each other, Starlight leaves to go to the guest room so she can sleep. A little while later, Starlight is already fast asleep while Tiger Lily is wide awake and is having a hard time going back to bed. Tiger Lily looks at the pictures she has on her furniture. One Of them is of her when she's a filly and her parents, one is a picture of her with Twilight and her friends, and one is a picture of her and Starlight with moon flower crowns. She is glad she's able to make wonderful friends, but still wish her parents can still be here with her. She opens the window and starts to sadly sing.

Tiger Lily:

A brand new life with happily ever after

Not inside anymore and not gazing out

Now I'm right here with those I hold dear

Surrounded by their love

And for some that's more than enough

No doubt

She then looks at a book that her mother gives to her when she's a little filly. The wind blows the pages to the front cover, and tiger Lily sees a message from her parents. It says, "Always be true to yourself and you can make a difference." Seeing the message makes Tiger Lily smiles. She then flies to the field of flowers where she like to sing and dance at, and starts to sing her song.

Tiger Lily:

But I got the wind in my hair

And a fire within

Because there's a brand new beginning

I'm with my new family and friends

And and a new journey out there

The beautiful breeze blowing through

I'm ready to follow it who knows where

And I'll get there I swear

With the wind in my hair

After the last verse, Tiger Lily feels the wind blowing through her hair, and the fireflies are flying through the night sky. Tiger Lily can't wait to see what else her life will take her. With new friends, new adventures, and might someday find her true place in Equestria and and someday find out her destiny.

Author's Note:

Wind in My Hair Reprise by Mandy Moore

Last part of the story is a special surprise.

PreviousChapters Next