• Published 9th Jun 2017
  • 1,595 Views, 46 Comments

The Princess of Nature - Pinkie Pie Sweets



The girls meet a new alicorn who never see other ponies, can the girls help her feel welcome

  • ...
6
 46
 1,595

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 31: A Song and Feeling Brings Two Together

In the past of Cloudsdale, Twilight, Tiger Lily, and Spike are in a terrible dilemma. Starlight tried to tamper with the past so Twilight and her friends can never have their cutie marks and meet. However, her action may end up costing Equestria's future, but she refused to believe it. To be sure she has her way, she is starting to tear up the paper with the spell containing it, leaving them in the past forever and nothing can be done to save the present of Equestria. Twilight know she needs to stop this before Starlight makes the most terrible mistake of her life.

"Starlight, you're right. I don't know what you've been thought, but what I do know is that you can't do this. We've all seen how this lead and so have you," Twilight scaredy says trying to reason with Starlight Glimmer.

But Starlight refuse to listen, and angrily says, "I only see what you have shown me, who knows how it will be like in Equestria."

Twilight, Spike and Tiger Lily look back seeing young Rainbow Dash racing the bullies.

Twilight turns back to Starlight and says, "I've seen it a dozen times, things in Equestria won't go well without me and my friends."

Starlight groans with annoyance and frustration as she says, "Again about your friends, how can ponies can be so different be so important?!"

"That because it is important!" Tiger Lily exclaims.

Starlight, Twilight and Spike stop to hear Tiger Lily voice. From the looks of it, she is starting feel sad and worried about something.

Tiger Lily starts to feel says and says, "It's important to us, question is, is our friendship important to you."

Starlight is shocked to see Tiger Lily asking her something like that. In her thought her friendship with Tiger Lily is important, but start to think what she is doing is worth their friendship. Twilight can see this in Starlight's eyes, and know what she has to do to get Starlight back to her senses.

Twilight calls out to Starlight and says, "Starlight, you have to start thinking of the friends that you can make if you give it a chance!"

With a huff, Starlight turns her head, not wanting to hear a word Twilight is saying.

"What about Tiger Lily, don't you think your friendship with her is important. She actually go her cutie mark the same time as me and my friends with the sonic rainbooms. She told me how you two became close and she really consider you a friend at the School for Gifted Unicorns, but not if you take that away from her," Twilight adds with a serious look on her face.

Starlight becomes surprised hearing this. She turn back to hear what Twilight is saying, and wonder what she saying is true. After seeing that future and hearing what Twilight says, she is starting to believe her action might actually cost her Tiger Lily's friendship.

Then Twilight says, "If you rip the spell and change the past without a means to change it back, then that means you can't be friends with Tiger Lily anymore."

"And she might never see you again in the present that's been changed too," Spike says adds.

Tiger Lily still feel sad as she says, "Yeah, and then I will miss you."

Stunned to hear this, she is starting to realized what they are saying is true. This discovery is starting to make her feel terrible. She then start to remember how the life she has in the village vs. the time she's spent with Tiger Lily. She starts to realizes that she'll end up looking the pony who is willing to be friends with her, and might never see her again.

"I… I… didn't realize," Starlight stutter scaredly.

Tiger Lily comes over to starlight with a smile and says, "It's okay Starlight, I understand that you're hurt, and maybe Twilight and Spike are not supposed to understand what you've been through."

"What do you mean?" Starlight asks.

"Twilight and Spike never knew what it's like to lose somepony they love the most. Sadly, I know what it's like," Tiger Lily explains, looking sad.

Starlight starts to feel sad and asks, "How… how could you?"

"Because… three years ago I… lost my parents in a fire at Whitetail Woods, and most of my animal friends had to leave, but I was never been able to become friend with other ponies because on how I have both wings and a horn. I thought I was too different to be among them," Tiger Lily sadly explains, and remember how the terrible past hurt her.

Starlight is shocked to hear this. Tiger Lily, the pony she has meet who holds a smile, has experienced something terrible.

Tiger Lily hugs Starlight with one of her hooves as she sadly explains, "I know how it feels, how the pain and sadness never really goes away. The thing is there nothing you can do to change it. You can make your life turn depending on the situation and decision you make. Friends or families earn their cutie marks, moving to find a new home, losing the ponies you care about, you have to be willing to move on, that is something that I had to go through to get where I am now."

Starlight start to shed tears as she says, "I used to think Sunburst and I were the same, but it turned out we were completely different, and it tore our friendship apart! But your experience is a lot worse than mine, how you were able to get through something that awful?!"

"Well, I guess it's just a twist of fate that I met Rarity and she tried help when I asked on that very night. Later on, I met Twilight and the others and showed me that being different isn't a bad thing, depends on how you experience it. I end up making more friends than I ever have, including you. Of course I still think about my parents a lot. I miss them everyday," Tiger Lily explains.

Starlight takes in Tiger Lily's story, and start to think about it in her thoughts, a lot. She start to wonder if there is a way to change her ways, and start to make herself a better pony.

But starlight asks, "So what is it should I do?"

Twilight comes to be on the cloud with them with Spike on her back and says, "Like I said before and what Tiger Lily was able to do, make new friends, and if something that feels like that will drift you apart, work through it together, that's what friendship is."

Starlight is also starting to think about that, and start to realize that her way of friendship isn't the right way.

"And it's not my friendship or your friendship with Tiger Lily that is important to Equestria, everypony's are. When your's end it lead us here, but think of all the friends you can make if you give it a chance, like what you did with Tiger Lily," Twilight adds.

"But how can I make sure I won't end up the same way?" Starlight asks.

"That's something you and I need to work out together, not just friends, but as a family," Tiger Lily answers, and yet showing a calm smile on her face.

Starlight looks at Tiger Lily with a confused look, and asks, "Huh, what do you mean?"

"Well, it turns out this whole time traveling experience is what brought the two of us together. When you showed me your past and yourself as a filly, you look just like the filly from one of the photos I have back at home."

Starlight is surprised to hear this

She then asks, "But how?"

Tiger Lily smiles calmly and says, "That picture I have, is actually my cousin, and I really wanted to find and meet her for so long and now… I have."

Twilight and Spike can understand what Tiger Lily is talking about. Now all answers have been answers.

"I guess you were able to figure out when you say the younger Starlight," Twilight replies.

Tiger Lily nods her head and says, "Yes Twilight, that filly we saw is the cousin I've been wanting to meet in a long time…"

"That's you, Starlight," Tiger Lily adds, smiling at Starlight.

"You been wanting to find me?" Starlight replies with a surprised look.

"Yes," Tiger Lily replies with a smile.

Starlight start to feel completely shocked, but manages to say, "I guess with my moving around so much, it wasn't easy for you."

"Yeah, and I was able to keep the promise I made for you. I have a garden of your favorite flowers at my house," Tiger Lily replies happily.

"You mean the moon flowers," Starlight asks.

"Yes," Tiger Lily answers nodding her head with a smile.

Starlight smiles at Tiger Lily for a minute, but becomes sad and look away.

Tiger Lily notice this, and asks, "What's wrong?"

"After the things I did, I don't think I deserve a friend like you," Starlight answers, feeling awful for what she almost cause.

Tiger Lily hugs Starlight and says, "Please Starlight, don't feel sad. I already forgive you, and besides, maybe it will give us a good chance to start all over again. We can do both of our favorite things and share our interest, and do everything together."

"Sounds to me, you two are already making a new start," Twilight adds with a smile.

"And you can start making more friends along the way," Spike replies.

Starlight look to see the three are willing to be friends, mostly Tiger Lily, despite of what she has done. She decides to give this again.

Starlight smiles back and says, "Yeah, I think I will."

The others are glad Starlight has finally understand what friendship is. Since they need to wait until the sonic rainboom to come, they just sit on the clouds to see it happen. As they wait, Starlight starts to hum a song, and Tiger Lily recognize it right away.

"Well, it looks like you and I know the same song," Tiger Lily says .

Starlight blushes a bit and says, "Yeah, my mother used to sang it to me when I was little"

"Mine too," Tiger Lily happily says.

Then Tiger Lily asks, "Let's sing it together."

Starlight nods her head agreeing to the idea. They look at the race to see the young Rainbow Dash racing against the two small coats. The music of their memories and Tiger Lily starts to sing.

Tiger Lily:

There may have been the slightest bit of spite

In the way that I decided to stop being with you

Starlight Glimmer:

But the way that your voice got so serious

All of the sudden when you spoke, was unfair

Tiger Lily:

"I love you" is what you want to make me say, isn't it?

Starlight Glimmer:

But I can't let you hear it yet

Tiger Lily and Starlight Glimmer:

Lightly, these wings of happiness

Dance down from up above, and alight upon my heart

I want to take this feeling of being enfold

In their soft, warm kindness and hold it close to me

Just as they finish the verse the sonic rainboom has performed into the sky. Everyone can agree that is a beautiful sight. When the sonic rainboom happen, the portal appears and it's time for the group to return home. Tiger Lily help Starlight and her friends lead the way, as she and Starlight sing together.

Tiger Lily and Starlight Glimmer:

And someday, when we're casting our gaze back

Perhaps we'll remember how we were this day

Until that day arrives, I'm not gonna let these wings go

I want to keep on feeling this same way forever

When they land back to the present. They can see they have saved Equestria from a terrible future, and Tiger Lily and Starlight have become friends, and more, they become part of a family. Twilight and Spike feel happy for them. Just then a bright light start to glow. They turn to see the scroll is in the middle of the vortex, and sucking the magic from the map.

Twilight suspect this and says, "Guess the scroll decided to disappear in the time stream."

"No that it's magic can't be used anymore," Starlight adds.

When the paper containing the spell suck all of it's magic on the map, it floats itself into the time stream disappearing forever. The portal close after it goes inside and creates a magic blast causing sparkle to spread across Ponyville. Now the scroll is gone, nopony can ever travel through time again.

Tiger Lily waves her hoof with a smile and says, "Bye, bye, time traveling spell."

"And hope you don't come back," Starlight adds with a grin on her face.

Twilight can help but laugh after hearing that. Spike is so glad to be back that he kiss the floor with appreciation, and glad to be back home. The girls can't help but to giggle seeing this, even though it's understandable.

Then he stands up as he says, "One Castle of Friendship… check!"

Next the door to the room open, and Twilight's friends have come to see if everything is okay, since they have seen the blast all of the sudden. They can see Twilight, Spike, and Tiger Lily are in the room, but also notice somepony else as well.

Rarity asks, "What in Equestria was that?!"

"Is everypony okay?" Fluttershy asks with concern.

"Can you do it again?" Pinkie asks in excellent.

"One group of amazing friends… check!" Spike replies with a smile.

"Yeah, Spike. It looks like we're home!" Twilight agrees.

The girls take a close look at the other pony with them, and are skeptic to see who it is. They can tell it's sTarlight Glimmer, and are wonder what she's doing here.

"Uh... what's she doin' here?" Applejack asks looking suspicious.

"Actually, it's kind of a long story," Twilight answers.

"A very long story, but I really like to reintroduce you to her," Tiger Lily adds showing a smile on her face.

"How is that?" Rarity asks looking confused.

Tiger Lily puts her hoof out to Starlight. Starlight is skeptic at first, but smile and take her hoof. Tiger Lily then escort Starlight ot the others for a reintroduction.

Tiger Lily smiles and says, "Girls, this is my cousin, Starlight Glimmer. Starlight, these are my good friends."

"Hi everypony, again," Starlight says looking nervous.

Twilight and Spike are glad Tiger Lily is helping Starlight. The others are shocked to hear it, even though they have their suspicion for some time now.

Pinkie excitedly exclaims, "Wow, so Starlight really is your cousin! We sure suspecting it be we could never figure out how to prove it! Now that you're here we can have a 'Tiger Lily has been reunited with her cousin' party!"

Everypony else calm themselves, and want some answers.

Rarity calmly says, "Perhaps you three could give us an explanation."

"How in Equestria were you two were able to find each other?" Applejack asks.

"Yeah, don't leave us hanging. Give us all the details," Rainbow Dash adds, eager to know.

Twilight giggles a bit and answers, "Okay girls, we'll tell you, and there is something we need to discuss."

The girls nod their head agreeing and want to hear the story.

Twilight turns to Tiger Lily and says, "Tiger Lily, can I have a talk with our friends while you and Starlight get acquainted with each other. I'll let you know when you two can come back."

"Okay," Tiger Lily replies with a sweet smile.

Tiger Lily come to Starlight and says, "Come on Starlight, I want to show you my house."

"Sure," Starlight replies agreeing to the idea.

Agreeing to the idea, Tiger Lily takes Starlight out of the throne room and to go take her to the house. When they both are gone, Twilight asks her friends to sit on their thrones so they can talk. Twilight starts to explain to them about everything that has happen at the school, when they reach the castle, and their time traveling adventure, especially on how it brings Tiger Lily and Starlight together. To Twilight, telling them is going to be one wild story.

Author's Note:

Next time: tiger Lily gets acquainted with Starlight, while Twilight and her friends talk about their future together.

PreviousChapters Next