• Published 9th Jun 2017
  • 1,595 Views, 46 Comments

The Princess of Nature - Pinkie Pie Sweets



The girls meet a new alicorn who never see other ponies, can the girls help her feel welcome

  • ...
6
 46
 1,595

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 17: Parents' Memory

Later that day, The Wonderbolt Member, Rainbow Dash, and Tiger Lily have made it to the hotel they are staying in. Tiger Lily is amazed to see that the hotel is as big on the inside as it is on the outside. The Wonderbolts and Rainbow Dash are checking into their rooms while Tiger Lily looks around to see so many ponies and so many things that can fit in one building.

Rainbow Dash turns back to see Tiger Lily look around. She can see that the young alicorn is very curious and surprised to see so many ponies in the crowd.

Rainbow Dash comes over to Tiger Lily and says, "Stay close to us Tiger Lily. We don't want you getting separated from us."

"Okay," Tiger Lily replies.

Just then, Spitfire and the other Wonderbolts have come back from checking their reservation for their stay.

Spitfire says, "Okay, we got the keys to our hotel rooms. Now let's get to our rooms so we can settle in."

Rainbow Dash and Tiger Lily nod their heads in reply. With that, the group head to the room they are going to stay in. Tiger Lily is still curious to see the interesting things that Manehattan has. One thing she does know, Manehattan is different from Whitetail woods and there's more for her to see in the big city.

In the hotel room, Tiger Lily and Rainbow Dash is staying in that room while the other Wonderbolts are staying across and next to each other. Spitfire and the others are in the room seeing how they are doing. Another reason is because they like to get to know Tiger Lily a bit better from the last time they have seen her.

Spitfire turns to Tiger Lily and says, "So Tiger Lily, Rainbow Dash told us you used to live in Whitetail Woods before you you start living in Ponyville."

"That's right," Tiger Lily replies.

"Yeah. She told us a lot about you. I still can't get over on how amazing your flying skills are," Soarin says with a smile.

"Thanks. My mom used to tell me that I got the flying skills from my father." Tiger Lily explains while blushing.

Just then the idea suddenly hit Rainbow Dash. Tiger Lily hasn't mention much about her parents and would like the get some answers about them.

Rainbow Dash sits down on the bed and asks, "By the way I don't think you ever told the girls and I about your parents."

"My parents?" Tiger Lily questionably replies.

"Yeah. Like their name, Interest, cutie mark, stuff like that," Rainbow Dash remarks.

Tiger Lily starts to understand what Rainbow Dash is asking of her. She then realizes that she never told her new friends about her parents at all. She start to think that it will be a good time to tell Rainbow about them and will tell her new friends while she's add it.

Tiger Lily nods her head and says, "Sure."

"My mother's name is Tea cakes and she loves to cook different foods, especially dessert. Her cutie mark are three tea cakes that has little dragonflies on them," Tiger Lily explains.

"Sound like she's a great cook," Spitfire replies.

"Yeah. She taught me how to cook, but they're mostly simple things," Tiger Lily adds.

Then Soarin asks, "What about your dad?"

"His name is Sonic Boom and…" Tiger Lily is able to explain about her dad, but Soarin interrupts her.

"Sonic Boom?" Soarin questionable replies.

"Hey, there used to be a Wonderbolt member called Sonic Boom years ago," Spitfire adds.

Tiger Lily surprisingly says, "Really!"

"I remember him. He was one of the best Wonderbolt Member at his time, and he knows some super cool moves," Rainbow Dash adds while thinking on the idea.

"That sounds interesting," Tiger Lily replies with curiosity.

"Yeah. But what does your dad look like?" Rainbow Dash asks.

Tiger Lily starts to think of what her dad looks like. She then says, "He's has a yellow greenish fur, I got my hazelnut eyes from him, he also has really bright orange curly mane and tail, and his hoofs are a dark green color. He was very strong, fun, and also taught me how to do amazing flying skills."

Tiger Lily then starts to notice that her friends are staring at her with a shocked look. She star to worry that she might of say something to up set them.

She start to nervously asks, "Did… did I say something wrong?"

At the moment, the others are trying to think of who to say first. They have no clue how to tell her, but think it will be a good thing to say something anyway.

"It's just… well…" Spitfire nervously says.

"They way you describe you father…" Soarin adds.

"Is the exact appearance of how Sonic Boom looked," Rainbow Dash replies.

Twilight eyes widen and surprisingly says, "Really?"

The others including Rainbow Dash nod their heads in reply to the question. They are starting to have a theory coming up, but they need to make sure their theory is correct. They decide to ask her the question to make sure.

"Do you remember you dad's cutie mark?" Rainbow Dash asks.

Tiger Lily her head and says, "Yes. His cutie mark is a silhouette of a sparrow and it looks like it's doing a sonic boom."

"You mean like this one," Soaring answers while showing them the picture of the pony in one of his books.

The book is actually a book showing past Wonderbolt members and said of their accomplishments. Tiger Lily is surprised to see that the stallion Soarin is showing them looks exactly like their father. Even the cutie mark looks like her father too, but it shows him in a younger age. Tiger Lily remember that what he used to look like when he married her mother.

Tiger Lily says with excitement, "Yes that's the one. And that stallion is wearing the uniform just like my dad had. He told me he used to wear it all the time, but not since married my mom."

Tiger Lily starts to remember her dad and the time he has teach her to fly. He teach her some great tricks and other kind of skills that can be useful for her. Tiger Lily feels like she is soaring through the sky with her dad and wish she can fly once more. After she gets back to reality and looks to see her friends, she is kind of confused to see Rainbow Dash and the other Wonderbolts staring at her with a shocking stare on their faces.

Tiger Lily started to nervously asks, "Is there something wrong guys? Guys?"

With a shock look Rainbow Dash says, "You mean to tell us that your dad was actually one of the greatest Wonderbolts like... Ever!"

Tiger Lily starts to get very nervous that Rainbow Dash is staring at her and nervously says, "I guess. My father told me he was a great flyer in his day and break some record and other stuff. But, he didn't really told me what kind of flyer he was… Guess I know, now."

Rainbow sits down still having a shock look and says, "I don't believe it. I wonder why you dad never told you about him being a Wonderbolt?"

"No wonder you're a good flyer back at the gala," Spitfire adds.

"Your father must have taught you some of his moves," Soarin replies with excitement.

"I don't know about that. But there must be some stuff that my parents didn't shared with me," Tiger Lily replies.

She then looks at the picture of her father and says, "But I didn't realized that my father had that kind of life."

Rainbow Dash smiles at Tiger Lily and says, "Don't sweat it, I'm sure the other Wonderbolts will share more stuff about your dad and about the Wonderbolts too. Especially you're truly."

"You really think so," Tiger Lily asks.

Spitfire and the other Wonderbolts nod their head in reply. They agree to tell her more about her dad and about the Wonderbolts.

Tiger Lily smiles and says, "Okay."

At that point, Rainbow Dash and the other Wonderbolt start to explain to them about her father's Wonderbolt days. They explain to her that he's not only one of the best Wonderbolts of his time, but he was one of the most loyal ones. As they explain to her the move names and how they work, Tiger Lily explains to them that her dad teaches her some of them when she was young and some of her bird friends join in the fun. By that time, Tiger Lily feels that she knows more of her day by the time and wish to know more.

Back at Ponyville, Tiger Lily's house is finished being built, now all they need to do is to get the furniture, decor, and other supplies Tiger Lily's going to need for her new house. Right now, the girls are arranging some of the house supplies and are glad that things are going well for them.

Twilight happily says, "Wow! The house is looking great."

"I know. Do you think she'll love the curtains," Rarity replies while holding a pair of lilac colored curtains.

"I thinks she'll love whatever you will come up with," Fluttershy says while she and Angel put the vase on the table.

Rarity look at the curtain with a smile and says, "I guess you're right."

Twilight looks around to see that someone is missing from their group of friends.

Twilight asks, "Have any of you seen Pinkie Pie and Spike?"

Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy look at each other with a confused look. They all shrug their shoulders in reply meaning they have no idea where their friends have gone.

Just then, they hear a familiar voice and the voice happily screams, "We're here."

Twilight and the others look outside the window to see Pinkie Pie carrying a cart while Spike is pushing from the cart from behind. They all come outside to see what Pinkie has in the cart, which they are surprised to see that they are not sweets or cakes or something festival.

Twilight comes to Pinkie and asks, "Pinkie, what's this stuff?"

"I thought since we got her house build up. I'd figure we start getting some of her things inside the house." Pinkie explains.

"And I thought I should help her. By the way, I brought some gems for her, too," Spike adds happily as he get a bag of gems from the back of the cart.

Twilight smiles and says, "Good idea."

"And it's very nice of y'all to bring her some gems," Applejack replies.

"Thanks," Spike says with a smile.

"But, what are the gems for?" Fluttershy asks.

"I thought maybe we can use them to make some accessories or jewelry or something her her," Spike explains, but look a bit confused of what to do with the gems.

Rarity giggles a bit and says, "That's very sweet of you, Spiky Wiky. I'm sure that with a bit of this and that, I'm sure I can come up with some idea's for her dresses and accessories."

"I think it will be great Rarity," Spike replies while staring Rarity with love in his eyes.

Applejack giggles a bit at Spike's love interest and says, "Now that we got her stuff, I guess we should get them inside the house."

"Right," The others reply in agreement.

After their agreement, Twilight and the others start to take Tiger Lily's things into the house. Even though there aren't much stuff she has, the girls try to be careful while handling her stuff. As they move her belonging, they can see that she has some interesting stuff. Even though some of them are burned, they know how much the stuff means to her.

Applejack says with glee, "Wow! The things that she had in this wagon."

Pinkie takes out a uniform along with some goggles and says, and says, "Hey what's this thing?"

Rarity observe the uniform they have found and she says, "Hmm, judging by the color and the stitches, and other features, I'd say this is an old Wonderbolt uniform."

"But why would Tiger Lily have one. I thought she didn't know about the Wonderbolts." Twilight questionably asks.

"It can't be hers it's a bit big for her. Besides this has the label Sonic Boom on it and it seems to be a stallion's uniform," Applejack says looking at the name on the tag.

"Must belong to her father then," Pinkie Pie suggests.

"I guess that's make sense," Fluttershy says with curiosity.

The others nod their head in agreement. Since she must have some of her parents belonging, there must be more stuff that belongs to her parents. They continue to go through her stuff and try to figure out which one goes to which room of the house.

As they look through Tiger Lily's belonging, they find some old pictures. One of them is a picture of her and her parents. Her father has yellow greenish fur, hazelnut eyes, really bright orange curly mane and tail, and his hoofs are a dark green color, and his cutie mark is a silhouette of a sparrow and it looks like it's doing a sonic boom. Her mother has lavender fur, green mane and tail, light pink eyes, and her cutie mark are three tea cakes that has little dragonflies on them.

When Pinkie looks at the photo of Tiger Lily's mother very carefully, she remember something that is very surprisingly to her. She start to remember that Ms. Cake has a friend who looks just like Tiger Lily's mom. When she looks at the back of the photo, it reads Tiger Lily's name and her parents name. Her father name is Sonic Boom and her mother's name is Tea Cakes.

Pinkie realizes who the mare is and surprisingly screams, "I don't believe it! Why didn't she tell me about it sooner."

The scream has catches her friends attention and they want to know what has gotten her in a tizzy.

Applejack asks, "What is it?"

"Look at the picture I'd found." Pinkie says showing the picture she has.

Twilight uses her magic to levitate the photo to her and the others. When they look they can see a picture of Tiger Lily and her parents, when she's a little filly.

Twilight says, "That must be her and her parents when she was little."

"She looks so pretty when she was little," Rarity adds.

"And her parents seem very nice," Fluttershy adds.

"But I know that filly. That's Tea Cakes!" Pinkie says while screaming like crazy.

The others are looking surprised and confused of what Pinkie is saying. They just hear that Pinkie knows Tiger Lily's mom.

"You know her?" Fluttershy questionably asks.

"Well, I don't know her personally, but Ms. Cake told me a lot about her. She and Tea Cakes used to be best friends when they were young. They even went to culinary school together. She even told me that she make her sweets out of love," Pinkie Pie explains.

"Land sakes. I didn't realized that she had such special parents," Applejack says with a surprised look.

"I don't think she does either. There must be a lot of thing that her parent didn't share with her or stuff she doesn't remember," Twilight replies to the idea.

"Maybe. I still can't believe, Ms. Cake and Tiger Lily's mother know each other," Rarity says looking confused.

"I know, but I hate to think of what might happen if I told Ms. Cake what happened to her and her relationship with Tiger Lily," Pinkie says starting to feel sad.

Twilight comes up to her with a calm smile and says, "I'm sure she'll understand, but it will be sad to know about what happened to her friend."

"Pinkie smiles and says, "I guess you're right."

Then Applejack says, "Come on guys, we still need to get the house finished up before she and Rainbow get back."

"Right," The girls reply.

With at, Applejack and the others are making sure the house is fully ready for Tiger Lily's arrival back from Manehattan. Twilight stays behind outside and feeling deep in thought. Twilight still having trouble getting over the photo of Tiger Lily's cousin, but knows it will be a good idea to talk to the girls when Rainbow gets back.

Twilight says in her thought with concern, "I'm still afraid to tell them about the cousin Tiger Lily has. I'm afraid it will… shock them. I still need to discuss this with the others after the house is finished and Rainbow and Tiger Lily come back."

After her deep in thought. Twilight goes inside the house to help finish getting the things Tiger Lily's need for her house. Since her house is simply, it won't be a trouble getting everything ready for her. They are hoping she will like it. It's still going to be some time before their friends get back and to fully finish building her house.

Back at Manehattan, it's been at least a day since Rainbow and Tiger Lily arrive in the big city with the Wonderbolts and it's a nice and sunny day. At that time, Rainbow Dash, Tiger Lily and the other Wonderbolts find themselves where a giant statue of a mare holding a torch and wearing a dress. This is where the show is going to be hold. Tiger Lily has never seen a statue that big before and surprised that so many ponies are interesting in it.

Tiger Lily surprisingly says, "So this is where the performance will take place."

"Yep. Wide open space, and clear sky," Rainbow Dash says who is in her Wonderbolt uniform.

"It's amazing," Tiger Lily says with amazement.

Rainbow Dash laugh a bit because of Tiger Lily's curiosity. Then again, she remember that she never been to the big city before, so it's natural that everything around her is interesting to her.

Just then Spinfire inform the Wonderbolts, "Come on guys, let's get to practicing."

"Sure thing," Soarin says.

"Let's do this," Rainbow Dash replies.

With that, Spitfire, Rainbow Dash and the other Wonderbolts are going to start practicing. Tiger Lily stays next to the field of flowers so she will have a clear view of the Wonderbolts practice.

Rainbow Dash turned to Tiger Lily as she leaves and says, "Get ready to see a great practice run Tiger Lily."

"Sure," Tiger Lily says with a smile.

As Rainbow Dash is going to practice with the other Wonderbolts. She start to think of an idea and it has something to do with Tiger Lily's flying skills.

Rainbow comes over to Spitfire and says, "Hey Spitfire, mind I ask you something?"

"Sure. what is it?" Spitfire asks.

Rainbow Dash whispers the idea to Spitfire. Spitfire is a bit confused at first, but think sit will be a good idea for them to do that for Tiger Lily. Plus it will be a good idea to see her skills in the wide open space.

Spitfire nods her head with glee, "Sure. I would to do that for her. After all she's the daughter of an experienced Wonderbolt, but let's finish practice first."

"You got it," Rainbow Dash replies with excitement.

With that Rainbow Dash, Spitfire, and the other Wonderbolts start to fly off and getting ready to practice. Tiger Lily can't wait to see the kind of performance the Wonderbolts will do. She remember seeing them do a great job at the gala.

Tiger Lily waves with a smile and says, "Good luck everyone."

As Tiger Lily sit down, the Wonderbolts start to perform for their rehearsal. They make turns loops, and fast flying moves. To Tiger Lily, it seems that the Wonderbolts are dancing in the sky. It starts to bring back memories of the tricks and mover her father shows her. She loves to see the Wonderbolts perform and wish there is a way to be in on the show, but feels shy about it.

However, from a far off distance, somepony is watching the Wonderbolts, and seeing Tiger Lily from the distance. For some reason, that pony has taken in interest to Tiger Lily, not because she's friends with the Wonderbolt, but she's friends with Rainbow Dash. He thinks it will be a good idea to talk to her while the Wonderbolts are rehearsing.

Author's Note:

Next time: Tiger Lily is going to her first Wonderbolt Show.

PreviousChapters Next