• Published 9th Jun 2017
  • 1,595 Views, 46 Comments

The Princess of Nature - Pinkie Pie Sweets



The girls meet a new alicorn who never see other ponies, can the girls help her feel welcome

  • ...
6
 46
 1,595

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 24: Promise of the Flowers

On a nice and sunny day, Tiger Lily is at her little house and is busy with her cleaning. After she finishes with the house, she is outside and is about to do her gardening. She remember that she had a garden with vegetable, flowers, and other plants at her old how. Now she is checking on the new seedling that is growing.

As she starts to water her garden, She notice a dandelion weed growing from the ground. She knows that it's not good of have weeds in a garden, so she pulls it out. But when she does, the weed's stem is longer than she realizes, so she tries to pull it out. When she pulls on it, the stem keeps getting longer, and longer, and longer.

Just then she has finally reaches the end of the stem, but it has a very funny looking end. The end has red scales and a bushy white tail. She does think it's odd, but very familiar. She starts to remember who tail this is.

Tiger Lily questionably asks, "Discord, is that you?"

"Of course it's me," The familiar chaotic voice says.

Tiger Lily turns around to see that the bud part of the weed is actually Discord's head. Tiger Lily is still not fully used to Discord's unique abilities, but she does like having Discord over.

Tiger Lily walks over to Discord's head with a smile and asks, "What were you doing in my garden?"

Discord changes back to his body and answers, "I thought it might be a good idea to see one of my dear friends. I also want to congratulate you on your performance at the festival. Too Bad I wasn't able to be there for it."

"That's okay Discord, did you also came here to see Fluttershy?" Tiger Lily replies.

"You took the words right out of my mouth," Discord says with glee.

Just then Discord snapped his eagle claw and in a second, sends himself and Tiger Lily to Fluttershy's cottage. However, he does it before Tiger Lily can finish planting her garden.

At the cottage, Fluttershy is busy cleaning her cottage with some of the animals help. A big flash of light comes out for a second, and can see Discord and Tiger Lily standing in the middle of her living room.

Fluttershy happily says, "Discord, Tiger Lily, this is surly a surprise."

"Yes. Discord was at my garden and now we're in your cottage. Sorry for the inconvenience," Tiger Lily replies.

"That's alright. Since you both are here, we have some tea and some crystal berry tarts," Fluttershy says.

Tiger Lily smiles and says, "That would be lovely."

"My Fluttershy, we would love to stay over for some tea and tarts," Discord says while pulling Fluttershy and Tiger Lily for a hug.

Sometime later, Fluttershy, Tiger Lily and Discord are sitting in the living room having cups of tea and a pieces of crystal berry tarts. The three friends are having a wonderful time together. Tiger Lily can see that Discord and Fluttershy are very close, almost like a brother and sister, but something more. Tiger Lily wishes she have someone like that. Just then, she remembers something very important, something that hadn't been brought for years.

Fluttershy notices Tiger Lily's deep thought eyes, and asks, "Is there something wrong?"

Tiger Lily looks at Fluttershy, and answers, "Nothing wrong, just remember something very special and important."

"And what is it?" Discord asks.

"You remember the picture of the cousin I have," Tiger Lily reminds Fluttershy.

"Yes," Fluttershy answers while nodding her head.

"Well, I remember that she sent me a letter a long time ago. She really like to have these special moon flowers," Tiger Lily explains.

Fluttershy eyes widen and surprisingly says, "Moon Flowers! Those flowers are very hard to find!"

"I know, but I remember writing a letter that I will find moonflowers, and try to give them to her years ago," Tiger Lily adds with a calm smile.

"Wow, sounds like you made quite a promise," Discord says looking amazed of the promise Tiger Lily made.

"I did. Plus I do sometimes wish to add them to my garden," Tiger Lily replies while blushing a bit.

Fluttershy smiles and says, "I know what you mean. I also love to have moonflowers by my house as well. But I understand that you really want to live up to a promise you made."

"Yeah. Even if is someone you have never met and mostly likely to never see," Discord adds.

Fluttershy makes a serious stare at Discord, letting him know that is not encouraging. Tiger Lily doesn't think it's encouraging either, and know that it might be true. However Fluttershy does admire Tiger Lily devotion to the promise she made to her cousin, even though she doesn't know her or where she is.

Just then Discord has a brilliant idea," You know, I know exactly where to find moon flowers, that are in moon trees."

Fluttershy and Tiger Lily turn to Discord and shockley ask, "You do!"

"Indeed I do," Discord says with a wink of his left eye.

"Do you know where we can find them?" Tiger Lily asks.

"That's easy, but we need to head there before dark," Discord answers.

Fluttershy and tiger Lily are a bit confused about what Discord is talking about. Tiger Lily and Fluttershy know about the moonflowers special time to bloom. But they decide to put their faith in Discord and want to see where Discord know about where the flowers are at.

Later that day, Discord, Fluttershy, and Tiger Lily are on top of Rainbow Falls. They walk through the woods, and come across an open field. The field is calm, fresh, looks very beautiful. Discord reply pick a great spot to see the flowers. However there aren't any of them here right now.

"So Discord, is this where the flowers are supposed to grow," Fluttershy asks.

"They are are. I discovered this place while traveling around during the summer and I would love to bring you here sometime, and now I have another friend to bring too," Discord answers with a smile.

"But what about the others?" Tiger Lily asks.

"I did try to invite them but they all are too busy to come with us," Discord explains.

Then Discord smiles and says, "Looks like it's just the three of us for today."

Tiger Lily giggle a bit and says, "It looks like it's just us for the evening."

"Then let's get this party started!" Discord shouts in excitement.

Tiger Lily and Fluttershy cover their mouth with their hooves and giggle seeing Discord's excitement. They can see that Discord has some splans going on for tonight, and wonder what it could be involving the moonflowers. Discord then uses his magic to make a picnic cloth appear with some salads, cakes, berries, and drinks.

Discord points his paw to the field and say, "Now we have a front row seat to see the moonflowers bloom before our eyes."

Fluttershy and Tiger Lily look to see a field of closed up flower. They figure this field must be the moonflowers. They are starting to get very excited to see the flowers blooming right before their eyes.

Just then a familiar female raspy voice calls out, "There they are!"

Discord, Fluttershy, and Tiger Lily look up to see where the voice is coming from. They can see Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle flying towards them, while Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Spike are riding on the balloon. When the balloon lands on the ground, the girls and Spike come out and they bring some food blankets, and a telescope.

Fluttershy surprisingly says, "Girls, Spike, what are you doing here?"

"Yeah. I thought you all were too busy to come," Discord adds.

"Well, we finished with some of our stuff early, and we can do some of the other stuff later. Right now, we just want to see the flowers with you guys," Rainbow answers.

"So we packed some supplies, grab the balloon, and make our way to the field at Rainbow Falls," Twilight adds.

"That's sounds wonderful. Now we all can see the flowers bloom together." Tiger Lily says with glee.

"But we better hurry, the flowers will be blooming very soon," Discord says as he points to the sky.

The girls look to see that he is right, the sun is starting to lower and soon the moon will start to rise. So they set up the picnic and have some extra blanket to wrap up for the cold, and Twilight has her telescope to see the flowers, and the night sky. Everypony is very excited to see the flowers blooming for the night.

As they are eating some food, and are talking to each other. The sun is finally out of sight, and the full moon start to shine bright in the sky. Everypony start to look at the field to see that the moon beams is shining down the field of flowers.

Pinkie notices something and cheers, "Look!"

Everypony look to see what Pinkie is seeing. Just then the flowers start to open in the fields. The flowers makes a white glow, and shimmer like the stars in the sky. The moonbeam is causing the flowers to bloom. Everypony are astonished to see the flowers making a beautiful glow, and to see the moon making it happen. As the flowers bloom, the sky is showing shooting stars in the sky. That make them more amazed than before.

Just then, Discord uses his magic to create two bouquets tied in a pink ribbon, and pass on the Fluttershy, and another one to Tiger Lily. Fluttershy and Tiger Lily thank Discord for the flowers, and now they are able to plan more of them in Ponyville, since they are able to grow anywhere as long as they are able to get moon light shine down on them. Tiger Lily believes that this is one of the best night she ever gone too, and with all of her friends.

The next day. Tiger Lily is outside doing some things in her garden. One of the things she is doing is planting the moonflower seeds from the flowers Discord gave to her last night. She does feel pleased to have the flowers, and now she can plant some more. Also, Tiger Lily can also live up to the promise to her cousin.

Just then a familiar voice says, "Morning Tiger Lily.

Tiger Lily turns around to see Twilight Sparkle, and Spike who is riding on her back. Tiger Lily smiles to see two of her good friends today.

Tiger Lily walks over to the two and says, "Morning Twilight. Morning Spike.

"Hey Tiger Lily, how are you doing this morning?" Spike replies.

"I'm doing fine, I was just planting the seeds in my garden," Tiger Lily says with a smile.

"I think your garden is looking good, especially when the moon flowers start to bloom," Twilight replies with a smile.

"Yeah. It was very cool of Discord to invite us all to the garden," Spike says.

Twilight remember something and says, "Discord also remember that you also want to give them to a cousin because of a promise you made to her."

"I did, even though it's mostly likely I'll never get to meet her," Tiger Lily says.

Then Tiger Lily asks, "So what can I do for you two today?"

"I was just wondering if you would like to come with me and Spike to Canterlot next month," Twilight says.

"What will you be doing over there?" Tiger Lily asks.

"Twilight is going to give magic students a lecture on cutie mark magic," Spike explains.

"Really, that sounds like fun," Tiger Lily says, sounding fascinated but the class.

"It is. I do remember that you never went to The School for Gifted Unicorn, but I would really like to show you around if you like to come," Twilight replies.

"I like to come," Tiger Lily says.

"Good because Princess Celestia said she also like to talk to you about something if you decide to come," Twilight says.

"For what?" Tiger Lily asks.

"That is something we don't know," Spike answers.

"She just mention that she would like to talk about you and your magical abilities in the letter," Twilight adds.

Tiger Lily looks a bit curious and says, "She want to talk about myself and my magic. I would like to talk to her about it, but I don't know what she want to know about."

"We just have to find out when we get there," Twilight replies.

Then Twilight says, "Well we better get going, there's so much to do and I want to be prepared. We'll be leaving two days earlier so I'll have time to practice."

"Okay, see you around Twilight, and you too Spike," Tiger Lily says.

"Bye," Twilight and Spike say.

After saying their goodbyes, Twilight and Spike had back to the castle so they can get ready for their special assignment. Tiger Lily seems a bit excited about going, but a little nervous about meeting new ponies at the school. Then again, she has been able to make many friends so far, even some she won't be seeing very often, like Coloratura and Daring Do. She hopes she get to see them again someday. With that, Tiger Lily continues to tend to her garden. She does live to do things in her garden, and her friends like to be with her. She then start to wonder what the class and the school will be like.

Author's Note:

Next time, Tiger Lily and the Apple Family experience some trouble.

PreviousChapters Next