• Published 9th Jun 2017
  • 1,595 Views, 46 Comments

The Princess of Nature - Pinkie Pie Sweets



The girls meet a new alicorn who never see other ponies, can the girls help her feel welcome

  • ...
6
 46
 1,595

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 20: Tiger Lily's New House

The next day, Rainbow Dash and Tiger Lily are with the wonderbolts members on the train back to Ponyville. Tiger Lily really enjoys her trip to Manehattan and wonder if she'll get to go to another part of Equestria. Even though she travels to many different places, she doesn't gone to to many villages or towns. To put it simple, she has done that much sight seeing while traveling on her own, so her coming to Manehattan, Ponyville, and Canterlot is a new experience to take in.

As they ride on the train, Rainbow Dash hasn't forgotten about a special conversation that she and the girls are taking. This something has something to do with giving Tiger Lily more confidence and open up more. Rainbow also mention to Tiger Lily that there's going to be a special surprise when they reach Ponyville.

Tiger Lily turns to Rainbow after looking at the window and asks, "So Rainbow, what is this surprise you've been talking about."

"Sorry I can't tell you," Rainbow says with a smug on her face.

"I know, but I just can't think of what the surprise is," Tiger Lily replies, looking curious.

Rainbow laugh and says, "I understand."

Then Rainbow says, "By they way, the girls and I have been talking and we think you should do a performance for our special event."

"What kind of event?" Tiger Lily asks, looking confused.

"The Helping Hooves Music Festival," Rainbow Dash answers.

Tiger Lily tilts her head, and says with a confused look, "The Helping Hooves Music Festival?"

"Yeah. It's a charity event and we're going to have it next month," Rainbow Dash explains.

"Wow, I never been in a music festival before!" Tiger Lily says, sounding amazed.

"You'll soon be, and we think it's a great idea for you to sing in it," Rainbow Dash says.

"Me! Sing!" Tiger Lily says with a shock.

She then nervously says, "I don't know about that,"

"Why not? You were fantastic at the Grand Galloping Gala. I'm sure you'll do great at the festival," Rainbow Dash asks.

"But… I don't know that many songs. I never much wrote songs either," Tiger Lily answers in her shy state.

Rainbow hug Tiger Lily with her hoof and says, "Don't worry, I'm sure Pinkie and Fluttershy can help with something."

"And besides, it's a great way for you to open yourself more, and meet other ponies," Rainbow Dash adds with reassurance.

"I guess so," Tiger Lily replies shyly.

"So will you do it?" Rainbow asks with a smile on her face.

Tiger Lily starts to think about participating in the festival going on soon. She isn't fully sure about doing this at first, but then start to think about the other accomplishments she has done. She has performed at the gala, had a wild adventures looking for an ancient scepter, she even performed a Wonderbolt show. She start to think that being in the festival won't be so bad. She then has her decision and hopes it's the right choice.

Tiger Lily shyly answers, "I guess I could try, and… I guess I have some time to think of something to sing about."

"Great! Once we get back to Ponyville, I'll make sure to tell Pinkie that you're in!" Rainbow Dash says with excitement.

"Thanks," Tiger Lily replies while blushing.

After setting that conversation, Rainbow Dash and Tiger Lily continue to wait on the train until they reach Ponyville. Tiger Lily remember that the trip is long, and feels now will be a good time to do a little magic practice. She has her own way of performing magic, so she does it different from Twilight, Rarity and the princesses.

After the long train ride, the train has finally makes its destination at Ponyville. When the train stops at the station, some of the ponies, including Rainbow Dash and Tiger Lily exit the train. Then Rainbow Dash and Tiger Lily are greeted by their friends, but Pinkie is more loder and expressing than the rest.

Pinkie runs up to them as she happily cheers, "Welcome back!"

She then gives Tiger Lily and Rainbow Dash a really big and strong hug. The two ponies feels like they are going to be squashed by Pinkie's grip on them.

"Pinkie… you're kind of… squishing us…" Rainbow says while losing a bit of air.

Pinkie hear this and says, "Sorry."

She then puts Rainbow and Tiger Lily back on the ground. After they gather their things, it's time for them to head back to town. Twilight and the others agree that now is the time to show Tiger Lily her special surprise.

"So Tiger Lily, are you ready to see your surprise?" Twilight asks with a smile.

"I guess so," Tiger Lily answers.

"So let's get to your surprise," Spike says with excitement.

"We just know you're going to love it," Rarity says.

With that the group of friends decide to head to the special surprise and can't wait to see the looks on Tiger Lily's face to see the surprise.

But Pinkie screams, "Wait!"

"What is it Pinkie?" Twilight asks.

"We need to do this," Pinkie says while holding a blindfold.

With that, Pinkie them uses her hoofs and teeth to tie the blindfold over Tiger Lily's eyes. Tiger Lily has trouble moving around at first, but Fluttershy manages to grab onto her hoof in order to escort her to the surprise. The girls are a bit confused and staring at Pinkie Pie for her idea.

"What? I don't want to spoil the surprise," Pinkie says with a confused look.

After leaving the station, Twilight and the others are escorting Tiger Lily who is blindfolded to her surprise. Twilight and the others are happy to show Tiger Lily her surprise and hope she'll like it. When the reach to their destination, they know it's time to show Tiger Lily the surprise.

"Okay! You can take the blindfold off!" Pinkie cheers.

Pinkie takes the blindfold off of Tiger Lily so she can see. When the blindfold is removed, Tiger Lily looks to see what the surprise is. Tiger Lily is surprised to see a house close to the field she has found some time ago. The place looks a lot like her old house.

"What… what is this place?" Tiger Lily surprisingly asks.

"Welcome to your new house, Tiger Lily!" Pinkie cheers with excitement.

Tiger Lily turns to Pinkie and surprisingly says, "My new house? It looks like my old house."

"Well, we thought it will be a good idea to have your own place to live, so we all worked together to build you a house and we made it look like you old house," Twilight explains.

Tiger Lily looks to see that the house is supposed to be for her. She is very amazed to see the house and it's near the field as well.

"You even made it next to the open field," Tiger Lily replies.

"That's Fluttershy's idea," Rainbow Dash says.

Fluttershy blushes, and asks, "Do you like it?"

"I… I love it," Tiger Lily answers with a smile.

"Knew you love it," Pinkie says while giving Tiger Lily a hug.

Then Rarity says, "And to make it easy for you, we already put all your belonging inside."

"Really!" Tiger Lily says, sounding happily.

"Yeah! Let's go in!" Pinkie says with excitement.

Pinkie then zooms into the house, Twilight, Tiger Lily and the others has follow her inside. As they explore the house, Twilight and the others give Tiger Lily a tour of the house. Tiger Lily is very amazed to see all of their things in the house, she can also see some addition to her house, like furniture, decor, and other supplies for a house. After the tour, Tiger Lily really loves her new house and glad that her house has everything she needs to live here.

"Wow, you really put a lot of things in here," Tiger Lily says with amazement.

"Well, we wanted to make sure you feel right at home," Spike says with a smile.

"I'm the one who come up with all the decor and anything that suits you," Rarity says with a smile.

Tiger Lily giggles and says, "I can see."

"Pinkie and I put some cooking supplies in the kitchen," Applejack replies.

Then Rainbow Dash says, "And I did asked Twilight to put some Daring Do posters and Wonderbolt posters in a reading room."

"I also put some of your books and some new books you might be interested in there as well," Twilight replies.

"And I put some stuff animals in your bedroom," Fluttershy says, whispering to Tiger Lily.

Then Spike says, "We also made sure Pinkie doesn't put any party cannons in here,"

"Why?" Tiger Lily asks.

Rainbow comes up to Tiger Lily and answers, "Unless you want confetti flying out of nowhere, you're better off not having them here."

"Okay," Tiger Lily says looking a bit confused.

Then Pinkie happily says, "Now that you're here, I think it will be a good time for you to party."

"Did somepony say party?" A familiar voice comes out of nowhere.

Just then a flash of light appears and reveals to be a familiar creature. The creature is Discord and seems to be carrying a present box with him.

"Discord!" the girls and Spike says with a surprised look.

"What are you doing here?" Fluttershy asks with a smile.

"I heard you've building Tiger Lily a place to live so I popped up and bring some welcome presents," Discord answers while presenting the present to Tiger Lily.

"Thank you," Tiger Lily replies while holding the present.

"So is anypony going to party or what?" Discord asks with excitement.

Then Pinkie screams, "Let's party!"

For the rest of the afternoon, Tiger Lily first day at her new house is an exciting one. Pinkie and Discord have made sure to throw a wonderful party of friends. Even Angel and some of the animals join in at the festivities. The friends sure have a wonderful time at the new house and have a picnic outside.

Later that day while the sun is starting to set, Twilight has called her friends over to her castle to talk about something important. She's been having this strange feeling since she has seen one of Tiger Lily's photo of one of her family members. Something about the filly in the photo has been leaving Twilight a surprise and never expected this to happen. She thinks now it's the time to tell the others about it.

Right now, the girls are in the throne room with the map in the middle. They are each sitting on their throne to discuss about the important matter. The girls and Spike are wonder what is so important that Twilight calls this meeting. They are also wondering another thing, why don't they want Tiger Lily to be involved in this.

Rainbow Dash breaks the silence and asks, "So Twilight, what is it you need to talk about?"

"Well, it's about the cousin that Tiger Lily told us about," Twilight answers, sounding a bit concern.

Applejack and the others are understand what Twilight is talking about. They too have no idea who Tiger Lily's cousin or of her current location. All they do know, Tiger Lily has a cousin living in Equestria and think it will be best to find her.

Rarity says sounding curious, "I guess that's important. We don't exactly know who she is or where to find her."

"Actually, I think I have an idea who that young unicorn, and you all will recognized her as well," Twilight explains,

"Huh!" The girls and Spike says with confused looks.

Twilight then levitates the photo that has Tiger Lily cousin as a small filly. She then places the photo on the map.

"Here's the photo of her cousin. I asked Tiger Lily if I could borrow it for a while," Twilight says.

Pinkie looks at the photo with a smile and says, "Well, you have to admit she looks adorable with the pigtails."

"She does, but she looks awfully familiar," Fluttershy replies.

"I know what you mean, and I surprised to say that she resemble sompony we've meet a while ago," Twilight replies.

"Who will that be?" Spike asks.

Twilight joins her friends and says, "Just take a closer look at her."

"Doesn't she remind you girls of someone," Twilight adds with concern.

Twilight and the others take a better look at the photo. They can tell the young filly reminds them of somepony else. It's also someone they have met a while ago, and it will become a shock to her.

Just then Rarity realizes who the filly resemble, and surprisingly says, "She looks like Starlight Glimmer!"

Twilight doesn't say anything about it, but Spike and the others are shocked to hear what Rarity is saying. They are wondering if that what Twilight means by resemble to someone they know.

"How can that be?!" Applejack says with a shock.

"See, the hairstyle is different and she doesn't have her cutie mark in the photo, but I recognized the face, and the fur and hair color," Rarity says pointing to the photo.

"Do you think Tiger Lily and Starlight Glimmer are related?" Rainbow Dash asks with a shock.

"Maybe, but the question is, if Starlight's aware of it," Twilight answers, thinking and rubbing her head with her hoof.

"That's something we don't know. We barely knew much about her back at the village," Fluttershy replies.

"I also doubt she'd mention this to Double Diamond and the others," Rainbow Dash remarks.

"No kiddin," Applejack mutters.

Applejack then turns towards Twilight and asks, "So what do we do now?"

"Yes. None of us have the slightest idea where Starlight has gone," Pinkie adds.

"She can be anywhere in Equestria!" Rainbow Dash exclaims.

"What do we do, put some fliers or put a missing pony poster on the paper?" Applejack asks, feeling uncertain.

"I don't know about that, but we should at least try and keep an eye out for her. If one of us did find her, then we bring her to the castle," Twilight answers, explaining the girls her idea.

"Agree," the girls and Spike reply.

However Spike asks, "Should Tiger Lily know about this?"

"Well it's only a hunch. I can't be certain unless we talk to Starlight herself," Twilight replies.

Applejack sighs and says with concern, "Let's just hope she's willing to listen after what happened back at the village."

"I hope so too, Applejack. I really hope so," Twilight replies with a worried look.

She remember when they gone to the village and discover what Starlight has been doing to the ponies there. Ever since they expose Starlight for her wrong doing, Twilight wonder if there anything she could have done more to for Starlight. She wishes she can learn more about her than just that, but how she acted towards the village, she suspects Starlight is planning on keeping her personal problems locked up tight. She just has to wait and see what happened when she comes face to face with her again, and hope will do whatever it takes to know the full story of her.

Late in the night, Tiger Lily is sleeping comfortably in her new how and in her new bed. She is surprised that her friends put a lot of trouble into building a home that reminds her of her own, and be able to bring her belonging. Even though most of them were burned in the fire, some of the most important items were kept in fire proof box and was in her special time capsule. Either way, Tiger Lily feels at home and has her house built by the field she has found. Tiger Lily still wishes her parents are with her thought, but glad that her friends are doing whatever it takes to help her be with other ponies and happy living in Ponyville. She wonder what other experiences will she do while living in town.

Author's Note:

Next time, The girls realize they have something in common with Tiger Lily.

PreviousChapters Next