• Published 9th Jun 2017
  • 1,595 Views, 46 Comments

The Princess of Nature - Pinkie Pie Sweets



The girls meet a new alicorn who never see other ponies, can the girls help her feel welcome

  • ...
6
 46
 1,595

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 32: Next Steps

While Twilight and Spike explain to the others about their time travel, Tiger Lily brings Starlight Glimmer to her house. When they reach the house, Starlight is likes the way Tiger Lily's house and nice, simple, and peaceful. She can even see Tiger Lily's garden, especially the ones with the moon flowers. Of course they're not open right now, but they'll open tonight.

"Wow Tiger Lily, your house looks very nice," Starlight complements.

"Thank Starlight, my friends made if for me," Tiger Lily replies.

Tiger Lily opens the door and says, "Come on in, I want to show you around."

As they go in the house, Tiger Lily explains to Starlight about her time and adventures since she has arrive at Ponyville. She even explains to her about meeting Daring Do and Coloratura, and how are time with them cause some of her adventures. During the time, Tiger Lily has made some tea and some cookies for the both of them, and are enjoying a quiet day outside.

"You sure have some crazy adventures during your time here," Starlight complements.

"I did, and some of them are kind of scary," Tiger Lily replies.

"After what you told me with your run in with Ahuizotl, I wouldn't blame you for being scared," Starlight says, agreeing with the comment.

"Yeah, but it turned out good in the end," Tiger Lily replies.

Starlight nods her head and says, "Yeah, I guess it did, and you got a nice tiara too."

The two start to giggle with smiles on their faces. They are glad to have quality time together, and are able to talk to each other.

Then Tiger Lily asks, "So Starlight, what's it like in that village you build. I know you might not be comfortable answering it, I was just curious?"

Starlight starts to feel nervous while scratching her head with her hoof, and explains, "Well, back in the village I build, I was kind of a evil out of control dicator."

"How so?" Tiger Lily asks.

"Well, you remember how I became resentful over cutie marks after what happened with me and Sunburst," Starlight says.

Tiger Lily nods her head in reply.

"After that, I too worried to make friends after that and afraid to see Sunburst again, especially how I acted. I decided to work hard with my magic on my own without making new friend, and when I invented the cutie mark removing magic, I decided to prove to everypony that cutie marks and feeling different drives up apart, but I guess after all this, I realized I acted like jerk," Starlight explains.

Tiger Lily starts to feel sad for Starlight and asks, "I guess it must have hurt you so much, huh?"

"Yes, it did," Starlight sadly answers.

"Twilight did mentioned to me that you still have your cutie mark, does that mean you are unable to remove your cutie mark with your magic?" Tiger Lily asks.

"Yep. Trust me, I've tried, and the spell cancel itself out when I remove my mark from my flank. It actually kind of hurts to be honest," Starlight answers.

Tiger Lily looks a bit confused and says, "Oh!"

The Tiger Lily asks, "Did you want to go back over to the village?"

"Sometimes, but I doubt I'll be welcomed back with open hooves for how I treated everyone. I wanted them to be my friends, but instead I treated them like doll who have their lives choose for them," Starlight answers feeling bad for her actions.

Starlight then sighs and asks, "Hey Tiger Lily, do you think I can ever make up for what I did?"

"Don't worry, I'm sure Twilight and the others will know what to do to help you, and I'm sure they'll forgive you, but it's up to you to decide what to do with that chance," Tiger Lily answers with a smile.

Starlight smiles and says, "Thanks Tiger Lily."

"You're welcome," Tiger Lily replies.

For the time being Tiger Lily and Starlight are glad they are together and are able to be friend, even though they are family. There are so many exciting adventures the two can have together. Back at the castle, Twilight and Spike has just finished explaining the whole adventure they have traveling through time, and they are amazed. They are even more amazed that Tiger Lily is able to help Starlight because she understand how she feels to lose ponies she cares about. They all start talk about how the sonic rainboom has been very important for them and for Equestria.

"I mean, I knew my rainboom was awesome, but I never thought all of Equestria depended on it!" Rainbow says with excitement.

"Or on us!" Pinkie exclaims with a smile

Then Twilight says, "I think it's more than that. Friendship connects all of Equestria, and undoing one group of friends made its magic less powerful."

"I can't believe y'all were able to travel through time like that," Applejack replies, still unable to believe about the time travel.

"That Starlight must be pretty magical!" Pinkie replies.

Then Rarity says, "And I never thought Tiger Lily was able to put up the courage to tell starlight about her… troubled past."

"Starlight obviously has more talent for magic than almost anypony I've seen. My magic couldn't stop her, but with help from Tiger Lily, we were able to convince her to stop on her own. Once we realized that, everything fell into place," Twilight replies.

"But if she's as powerful as all that, we can't just send her on her way, can we?" Applejack asks looking concerned.

"And not after being reunited with Tiger Lily," Pinkie adds.

Then Fluttershy sadly says, "It might be hard for the both of them."

Twilight smiley smiles and answers, "Actually, I kind of have something else in mind."

Back at Tiger Lily's house, things are going well for the two, having a cup of tea and some cookies. Just then Pinkie comes out of nowhere making the both scream in surprise.

Pinkie screams and says, "You're self."

"Hi Pinkie, what are you doing?" Tiger Lily asks with glee.

"Twilight sent me to go find you two, and to come to the castle right way," Pinkie answers in her fast speaking.

Starlight gulps nervously and asks "I guess this has something to do with me, right?"

"Yep, yep," Pinkie answers.

Tiger Lily shows a reassuring smile and says, "Don't worry, I'll be there with you.

"Thanks," Starlight says happily.

With that, Tiger Lily and Starlight follow Pinkie to the castle. After the walk, they are behind the doors of the castle throne room and where the map is. Pinkie wants them to stay here for a bit while she tells the others. As they wait, Starlight starts to feel nervous about meeting with the others, and Tiger Lily notices it right away.

"Still a bit nervous," Tiger Lily asks.

"Yeah. I know that doesn't change for what I did, and I do have some doubts they're not going to forgive me," Starlight saly answers.

"I'm sure they will," Tiger Lily says with reassurance.

Starlight turns to Tiger Lily and says, "I'm surprised you're not completely upset with me."

Tiger Lily starts to feel sad while her cheeks are turning red, she said with honesty, "Well to tell you the truth, I kind of was for what you're trying to do to my friends, and for not listening to me, but seeing the past you had and know what you've been through, I realized that I couldn't stay mad at you, and your my friend. I learned from the experience I've been through that friendship takes work and time to earn them."

"Like you did with me?" Starlight asks.

"Yep," Tiger Lily replies with a smile.

Starlight smiles back and says, "Thanks Tiger Lily, I'm glad that I met you, and… I'm actually ended up feeling glad you got yourself involved with this whole time traveling madness."

Tiger Lily rubs the back of her head while blushing and says, "I may have been glad to met you, but I don't think I want to do any more time traveling. I think I kind of got a few headaches for traveling through the time stream multiple times, and the future about my friend Discord ruling Equestria in eternal chaos is, uh, weird."

Starlight starts lighting after that, and Tiger Lily laugh along with her.

Just then, Pinkie opens the doors and says, "Okay, you can come in now!"

Tiger Lily shows a calm smiles that gives Starlight confidence. With that, they both walk into the room together with Pinkie already sitting on her chair, and seeing the others are here as well.

Starlight sighs with guilt and says, "I know there's no excuse for what I did, but I want you all to know that I'm ready for whatever punishment you think is fair."

I've been thinking a lot about how badly Equestria fared without just one group of friends. Because even when one friendship dies, the results can be disastrous," Twilight explains.

"I know first-hoof how true that can be, and it almost cost me a friend," Starlight sadly replies.

Twilight smiles as she walk over to Starlight, and says, "And that's why I've asked you here. If you're willing to learn, I'm willing to teach you what I know. You'll have the power to make Equestria an even better place."

"Like me," Tiger Lily adds with a smile.

"You?" Starlight questionably replies.

"Yeah. Tiger Lily is also my student to on friendship and also learning how to use her magic. Maybe with you two working together, you two can be better friends, and more close as a family," Twilight explains.

Starlight smiles back at Tiger Lily and seeing the others showing welcoming smile, is making her feel better.

She then whispers to Twilight as she asks, "How do I start?"

"Starting is easy! All you have to do is make a friend! And you've got eight of them right here," Twilight answers.

Tiger Lily, Twilight, the girls, and Spike gather around Starlight with smiles, showing that they will be great friends. Starlight hasn't feel this happy in a long time, not only she gain great friends, but a cousin as well. She then start to think about the life she has that ends up leading her to the life she's gaining now.

Starlight Glimmer:

I never thought that I would find a place

As she sings, she remember the day she lost her best friend, and never be able to make a new friend since.

Starlight Glimmer:

To step right in and start again

I never thought that I could just begin

She then sees Twilight and Tiger Lily who help change her life. She and the two smile with glee.

Starlight Glimmer:

Right where I left off and make a friend

Twilight then uses her magic and the three appear back into the castle hallways.

Tiger Lily

Don't ever think that it might be too late

You don't have to wait. There's no mistakes the friends you make.

The two opens the door outside of the castle to see the rest of their friends. They walk down the stairs to greet them.

Twilight Sparkle:

A friendship's only made of what you bring

And you can do it right, you can do anything

With that they decide to show Tiger Lily around Ponyville.

Starlight Glimmer, Tiger Lily and the Mane Six:

Just use your eyes

This time, no lies

Just don't disguise

Who you are inside

Starlight Glimmer, Tiger Lily and the Mane Six:

Because your friends are always there for you

Rarity and Spike make Starlight and nice black dress with nice teal blue diamonds on the bottom.

Starlight Glimmer, Tiger Lily and the Mane Six:

You don't have to be the same for friendship to be true

Fluttershy and Tiger Lily are showing Starlight the animals at Fluttershy's cottage. But Starlight and Tiger Lily end up getting a bear hug from Harry the bear.

Starlight Glimmer, Tiger Lily and the Mane Six:

Because your friends are always there for you

Rainbow is flying through the air with Tiger Lily while Starlight is using her magic.

Starlight Glimmer, Tiger Lily and the Mane Six:

Around the world, it's still the same

Applejack and Starlight are bucking the trees causing the apples to fall.

Starlight Glimmer, Tiger Lily and the Mane Six:

Together you have more to gain

Pinkie and Starlight have made cupcakes, and Starlight eats one of them while Pinkie laughs.

Starlight Glimmer, Tiger Lily and the Mane Six:

There's nothing that a friend won't do

Twilight is showing Starlight and Tiger Lily some good magic books while Spike is sleeping next to the stack of books on the map.

Starlight Glimmer, Tiger Lily and the Mane Six:

Everywhere you go

Friendship there will grow

When you find it, it's the key

Friends can change the world, you see

With Twilight and Tiger Lily, Starlight heads back to the village she has created to apologize to them. When they reach the entrance of the village they've been spotted by Double Diamond, Night Glider, Party Favor, and Sugar Belle. Starlight comes to them and apologized for taking their talents, lying, and for how she treated them. She even explain to them how she resented cutie marks to begin with. In the end they forgive her and give her a hug. Then she introduce them to her cousin, Tiger Lily who they are surprised tos ee her as an alicorn, but they become friends with her anyway.

Starlight Glimmer, Tiger Lily and the Mane Six:

Everywhere you go

Friendship there will grow

When you find it, it's the key

Friends can change the world (ah-ah)

Friends can change the world (ah-ah)

Friends can change the world, you see

After the trip they return to Ponyville and everyone join in. Starlight feels like he is home to be with her new friends and family. Tiger Lily also feels like home being with them too, and not feel shy anymore, and ends up with a lot of friends. Tiger Lily is glad to be with everyone who really love her for just being herself.

Author's Note:

Next time Tiger Lily and Starlight have a sleepover at her house, and talk about some of their memories.

PreviousChapters Next