• Published 9th Jun 2017
  • 1,595 Views, 46 Comments

The Princess of Nature - Pinkie Pie Sweets



The girls meet a new alicorn who never see other ponies, can the girls help her feel welcome

  • ...
6
 46
 1,595

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 23: Songs from the Heart

On the night of the Ponyville's Helping Hooves Music Festival. Everypony have arrive to see the festivities. They are very excited to hear the music, see the singers, and it's for charity. Some of them are more excited to see Countess Coloratura or Rara and Tiger Lily will be signing tonight. In fact, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna also showed up to see Tiger Lily perform, it's going to be a fun night.

Back of the stage, Coloratura and Tiger Lily are in the outfits they are going to wear for the night. Coloratura has her black like hair and blue like hair back to normal. She is wearing a black shirt with a transparent black skirt on the bottom. Tiger Lily is wearing a simple white dress with long sleeves, and a wreath of lilies on the waist, and her mane is in a pony tail with a rose on it. Tiger Lily is very excited, but still a little nervous about. However Coloratura is feeling unsure about going on stage as her original self.

Tiger Lily comes up to Coloratura and asks, "Is there something wrong?"

"I'm fine, just a bit nervous. I haven't sing as myself for a very long time. I… I don't know if I can do this," Coloratura answers feeling a bit doubtful about singing on stage.

"I guess I kind of understand what you mean. I sometime feel nervous about doing things in public, but you're a great singing so I'm sure you're going to better than me," Tiger Lily says while blushing.

Coloratura smiles and says, "I don't fully think that. You will absolutely do well tonight, and what I've heard you've been singing and dancing on stage."

"I guess so," Tiger Lily says.

Just then Applejack walks in and happily says, "Howdy Tiger Lily, Rara, how are you two doing?"

"We're doing fine, just facing with stage truble a bit," Coloratura answers.

"There's no need for you two to get into a tizzy there. You both are going to do great. As long as you two be true to yourselfs, ponies are going to love your signing," Applejack says with a smile on her face.

Tiger Lily and Coloratura are feeling glad to have a good friend like Applejack and are able to have a good time at the festival.

Later on, the festival is about to start. The curtains open a little and a spot of light shine. Twilight Sparkle comes on stage and the crowd starts to cheer and apply.

Twilight happily announces, "Good everypony! Welcome to opening night of The Helping Hooves Music Festival. Now is is my honor to introduce to you our headlining act, Countess Coloratura!"

The curtains open to reveal Countess Coloratura in front of a piano. The light is shining on top of her. Coloratura is more confident of singing and playing as her true self, and not being this Countess Coloratura anymore.

Coloratura says while being on stage, "This song may be familiar, but yet it's totally different. Kind of like me: Rara."

Everypony in the audience are getting a bit confused when Coloratura said her nickname. They never hear that kind of name before, and wonder why she wants to be called that.

Just then, Coloratura starts to play the piano, in a very nice melody. As she play the piano she starts to sing her song that is from her heart.

Coloratura:

I'm here to show you who I am

Throw off the veil, it's finally time

There's more to me than glitz and glam, oh-whoa

And now I feel my stars align

As she sings, unicorns are making their horns glow in the dark. The lights behind the curtains turn on, and there is a orchestra and a conductor is. Coloratura continues to sing as she plays the piano's keys.

Coloratura:

For I had believed what I was sold

I did all the things that I was told

But all that has changed, and now I'm bold

'Cause I know

That I am just a pony

I make mistakes from time to time

But now I know the real me

And put my heart out on the line

And let the magic in my heart stay true

Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa

And let the magic in my heart stay true

Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa

Just like the magic inside of you

And now I see those colors

Right before my eyes

I hear my voice so clearly

And I know that it is right

They thought I was weak, but I am strong

They sold me the world, but they were wrong

And now that I'm back, I still belong

Just then Coloratura's cutie mark starts to shimmer and shine while she sings and plays. Ponies start to cheer in excitement. They are really enjoying the performance, Coloratura is putting on for them. Applejack feels so happy that her old friend Rara is being herself, and she is very happy for her.

Coloratura:

'Cause I know

That I am just a pony

I make mistakes from time to time

But now I know the real me

And put my heart out on the line

As she sings, Coloratura starts to shed tears of joy from her eyes. She hasn't sing like this in a long time, and now she is showing ponies how she really sings.

Colroautra:

And let the magic in my heart stay true

Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa

And let the magic in my heart stay true

Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa

Just like the magic inside of you

Just like the magic inside of you…

After singing the last verse and playing the piano. She stop playing to look at the audience with a smile on her face. Ponies start to scream in amazement. Everyone loves hearing Rara's singing. At the back of the stage, Tiger Lily applause for Coloratura, and is very excited to hear her sing

Coloratura walks down on the aisle of the stage and says, "Thank you everypony. When I arrived at the Helping Hooves Music Festival, I have forgotten who I really was. But then my old friend, and new friend remind what real friendship is about and they told me that if I was true to myself, I couldn't go wrong. So, I have a very special surprise for them."

During Coloratura's announcement, Applejack and Tiger Lily feels a bit blush for what she is saying. They kind of know that they are the reason what Coloratura decide to be her true self again, and reveal to her what her old manager was really up to. They seem happy that Coloratura is happy for being just she is.

The Coloratura announces, "Apple Bloom, Sweetie, Belle Scootaloo, and Tiger Lily? Come on up!"

Tiger Lily, who is still backstage, look a bit surprised and says, "Me?"

After hearing their name, The Cutie Mark Crusader, and Tiger lily walk on stage. She is feeling a bit nervous about singing on stage right now. However, being with Coloratura and the Crusaders cheer her up. The music starts to play, and the five ponies start to sing. As they sing, the Equestrian Flag appears on stage.

Coloratura, Tiger Lily and Cutie Mark Crusaders:

Equestria, the land I love

A land of harmony

Our flag does wave from high above

For ponykind to see

As they sing, Coloratura hold out her hoof to Applejack. Applejack takes her hoof and with some help, she is on stage. Coloratura, and the others continue to sing the Equestria anthem.

Coloratura, Tiger Lily and Cutie Mark Crusaders:

Equestria, a land of friends

Where ponykind do roam

They say true friendship never ends

Equestria, my home

After finishing the song, everypony start to cheer, amazed of hearing the song. Sweetie Belle uses her magic to levitate a triangle instrument to Applejack. Like what she did when she's a filly, she uses her hoof to ring the triangle. Coloratura, Applejack, and Tiger Lily give each other a hug, and are glad to be good friends with each other.

Twilight comes up on stage with the microphone and says, "Everyone give a cheers to Coloratura, Tiger Lily, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders!"

Everypony cheer and stomping their hooves on the guitar.

Then Twilight says through the microphone, "And now please give a hooves of applause to Tiger Lily!"

Everypony start to applause hearing Tiger Lily's name. Twilight, Coloratura, and the Crusaders leave the stage while Tiger Lily is going to get ready to sing. Once the light is on her, the music starts to play, Tiger Lily starts to slowly dance to the music and then starts to sing her song.

Tiger Lily:

Sometimes when night has come,

The river sings a song.

In my dreams, it seems to lead me,

Right where I belong.

She then uses her magic to create small images of animals, and they start to dance around her. And creates leaves, and flowers that are circling around her, and creates a small breeze of wind.

Tiger Lily:

Wondering everywhere,

Each way I turn is wrong.

How I'm wishing,

I could be there,

Right where I belong.

She then stops the wind and causes the leaves and flowers to slowly fall down all over the stage and the audience.

Tiger Lily:

Smiles that have warmed me,

Arms that have held me,

Are all a part of who I am.

It's never easy leaving your friends behind,

Missing them,

Loving them.

She then starts to gently lift herself in the air as she sings the last verse of the song

Tiger Lily:

Someplace was meant for me,

And that's what keeps me strong.

She then slowly levitates her helf to the ground as she continues to sing with all of her heart can take.

Tiger Lily:

Somehow knowing I'll be going

Right where I belong.

Right where I,

Home where I belong.

Tiger Lily stops singing after the last verse and the music plays the last melody before it becomes silence. When Tiger Lily's finishes with her performance. the Ponies in the audience start gives Tiger Lily an applause for her lovely performance. Tiger Lily feels so glad that the ponies like her signing, and seeing her friends cheering for her brings a smile on her face. She then looks up in the sky and wonder if her parents are waiting where they're at right now, but know they can probably hear her in a way.

When the concert is over for the night, Rarity takes the girls, Spike, and Coloratura to one of the restaurants for their success of the opening night of the festival. As they are having their dinner, the girls are talking about their time at the concert. They mostly talking about Tiger Lily and Coloratura's performance for the night.

"Yeeha! That was the best opening night," Applejack cheers with excitement.

"Like ever!" Pinkie screams with a smile.

"I think the songs were amazing," Fluttershy says with glee.

Tiger Lily blushes a bit and says, "Thank you. I kind of like to sing."

"Well, I think it's kind of amazing how you were able to use your magic the way you did. It's like nature is always around you like a garden spirit," Coloratura complements.

"Thank you, but your performance is beautiful, especially when your cutie mark glows the way it did," Tiger Lily replies.

"Thank. I really like it when it does that. It simply shows how much I love to sing," coloratura adds.

"And it's been too long since I saw it," Applejack adds.

Then Rarity asks, "So Rara, what will you do now, since Svengallop is no longer your manager?"

Coloratura starts to think about the question as she answers, "To be honest, I don't exactly know. I do want to continue my singing career, but I'm not sure what to begin with."

"Well, for one you could find a better manager," Rainbow replies.

"And it will be good to see if that manager has good intentions," Twilight adds.

"Don't worry, I'll keep that in mind," Coloratura says.

As they are talking two familiar ponies comes over to the group. The two ponies are who everypony knows about.

One of them asks, "Is it alright that we join in?"

The girls and Spike turn to see Princess Celestia and Princess Luna right behind them. They aren't expecting to see them here, and at this time.

"Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, how are you doing?" Twilight asks acting a bit surprised.

"Luna and I decided to see how you all are doing and to congratulate Coloratura and Tiger Lily for their extraordinary performance," Princess Celestia explains.

Tiger Lily blushes a bit and says, "Um, thank you."

"There's no need to be shy Tiger Lily," Princess Luna replies.

"She's right, you did a great job on stage. And you were a bit worried about it a few times," Rainbow Dash adds.

Then Coloratura says, "I have to agree."

She then turns her face towards the princesses and says, "And thank you. I wouldn't have been able to do so if it weren't for Applejack and Tiger Lily."

"Oh, I don't think I did much to make it happen," Tiger Lily says feeling a bit embarrassed.

Applejack laughs a bit and says, "Y'all did a lot alright. You were able to help Rara remind herself about her.

"Yeah. You totally stood up to Svengallop and help Coloratura," Rainbow Dash remarks.

"And you spoken just like a true friend, but I have to admit, you did sounded very upset about what Svengallop did," Twilight adds.

Tiger Lily lower her head and says, "Trust me, I wasn't pleased at him one bit. He acted like he owned Rara. Something he can dresses up and make a image just like a doll. He never once cared about what Rara best interest at all. I was mad. Made at him."

"It's okay Tiger Lily. Svengallop is gone and we don't have to worry about him. Not to mention you helped Coloratura," Applejack says.

"Yeah. This is almost as good as the time you used the staff of nature on Ahuizotl," Rainbow Dash says, laughing very hard.

Then she says as she laughs, "It was hilarious!"

"Yeah. You really taught him and his mean cats a thing to too," Pinkie adds.

Princess Celestia giggles a bit and says, "Sounds to me that you have a lot of adventures and excitement since you up your shell."

"I guess I did. I'm glad that I have such wonderful friends like you guys, but I do wish to know if I have any other family members in Equestra," Tiger Lily replies with a shy smile.

"Don't worry Lily, I am one hundred percent that we will find some of your family members. That is if they are aware of you," Pinkie says.

However Twilight says, "That is a good point, we just have to wait and see what happens."

"Yeah. But if somepony decides to give you a hard time you just say the word and we're on it," Rainbow says.

Then Fluttershy says, "It's alright Tiger Lily. Maybe tomorrow we can go out for a little walk."

Tiger Lily smiles and says, "I think that will be nice."

Through the time, the girls, along with Spike and the princesses have talk about their time at Ponyville with Tiger Lily. Tiger Lily does feel right at home, and loves to be with her new friends at her new home. She also has a new house too. Even though she doesn't know too much about her family members, and her parents aren't around anymore, she is glad to have ponies who really care about her.

When Tiger Lily reaches her house, she decide to have herself a little apple pie and some milk. As she eat she can't stop and think about her unknown relatives. When her parents were around, they don't really tell her much about her family, and are not around them for that matter. Tiger Lily knows what one of them looks like. She looks at the photo and is pondering on who she is and where she can find her.

Tiger Lily says in her thoughts, "I wonder if I have any other relatives besides her. If I do, how on Equestria am I going to find them. I wish there is a way for me to find more of my relatives."

After looking at the photo some more, she decides to wait until tomorrow to ask Twilight and the others about it, and continues to eat her pie before she goes to bed for the night. Even though it might be pointless to look, since she doesn't know or have much photos about her relatives. However, Tiger Lily doesn't want to give up on that, if she does have other ponies as relatives besides her parents, then they must be in Equestria somewhere. She only wish there is a lead for her to follow, other than the photograph she has.

She then starts to remember the conversations he had with the Twilight on her way home. The others had already gone home for the night, and Twilight decided to come along with Tiger Lily for a night walk. She still looks at the stars as she walk home. Twilight notices Tiger Lily has been gazing at the stars as she walk, and wonder what's wrong.

Twilight asks, "Tiger Lily, is there something bothering you?"

"I guess, I'm just a bit distracted. I sometimes wonder if I do have any family members in Equestria."

"I'm sure you do. It's just going to take some time to figure out who they are," Twilight replies.

Tiger Lily sighs and says, "Sorry about not being confident, but my parent don't really talk about my relatives much. They only told me about the kind of talents they have."

"Like what?" Twilight asks.

"Well, I was told some were cooks, painters, and some have some talent with magic, and I remember my dad told me that one of my relatives was a castle guard somewhere far away."

"One of your relatives is a guard?" Twilight asks looking confused.

"I believe so, but I wasn't told what his name was," tiger Lily adds.

Twilight starts to think about some of the relatives talents, but it still isn't enough to tell who is who. One of the things she is able to get out of is that one of her relatives is a guard. Twilight suspect it must be a royal guard from Canterlot, the Crystal Empire, or other royal household.

Twilight also remember something and asks, "Tiger Lily, that song you were singing, is it how you feel when you had to leave Whitetail Woods."

"Yes. It was," Tiger Lily sadly answers.

Twilight puts her hoof on Tiger Lily's shoulder and says, "I understand, you're still a little homesick. Maybe if you like we can go to Whitetail Woods so you can visit."

Tiger Lily smiles and says, "Thanks Twilight, I think I would like that."

Tiger Lily feels glad that Twilight wants to help her feel better. She is hoping that she will get to visit her old home very soon. Until then, she will be with her friends and her home in Ponyville. But still she would like to learn more about her family, and have some quality times with them. She is wondering if she can at least find the filly in the picture. She just need to wait and see if she can find her.

Author's Note:

The Magic Inside of You and Equestria, The Land I Love: My Little Pony Series

Right where I belong by Wendy Wagner: The Jungle Book 2

Next time: Tiger Lily is able to live up to a promise, and has a special trip with her friends.

PreviousChapters Next