• Published 9th Jun 2017
  • 1,595 Views, 46 Comments

The Princess of Nature - Pinkie Pie Sweets



The girls meet a new alicorn who never see other ponies, can the girls help her feel welcome

  • ...
6
 46
 1,595

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 18: Tiger Lily Takes Flight!

Tiger Lily is still on watching the Wonderbolts' performance from the ground, She can see then spinning in the air, making loop de loops, and other kind of acrobatics in the air. She starts to wonder about the performance her father has showed to her when she's little. She can still remember the fun tricks he teaches her and they have a wonderful time at it.

Just as she is enjoying the wonderbolt practice, a stallion voice says, "Hello, young mare."

Tiger Lily looks behind her to see a stallion behind her. She can tell that the stallion is in his middle age. He also has cyan blue fur which is similar to Rainbow Dash's fur. He is alway wearing a greenish like jacket and a ivory scarf around his neck. Tiger Lily never seen this stallion before and wonder who this pony is.

"Um, hello. It's very nice to meet you," Tiger Lily replies nervously.

"It's very nice to meet you, Tiger Lily," The stallion says.

Tiger Lily looks at the stallion with a surprised look and says, "You know my name."

"Yes. Word about your travels fast and I must say I heard your flying performance is very interesting," The stallion complements.

"Thank you," Tiger Lily says while blushing.

The stallion looks up to see the Wonderbolts and says, "I can also see that you're with the Wonderbolts."

Tiger Lily nods her head and says, "Yes. My friend Rainbow Dash is going to be in the Wonderbolt Show and decided to take me there so I can watch the show."

"Really now," The stallion replies.

Tiger Lily nods her head in reply. However, she is kind of confused on why the stallion wants to talk to her of all ponies. He seems to be a nice stallion, so she should at least give him the benefit of the doubt.

"Yes. Rainbow Dash is a great flyer and so are the others. I hope she'll become a full Wonderbolt someday," Tiger Lily replies.

Just then she realizes something important. She may been able to talk to him, but she doesn't know his name yet.

She then asks, "I kind of forgot to ask you, but… what is your name?"

Before the stallion can say his name, a familiar voice calls out in surprised, "Wind Rider, what are you doing here?!"

Tiger Lily and the stallion names Wind Rider turns to see Rainbow Dash and the others landing on the ground with shock looks on their faces. Tiger Lily has no idea what is going on, but the way Rainbow calls out like that, she can tell her rainbow maned friend has seen this stallion before.

Wind Rider simply answers, "I thought it will be a good idea to see the view and your rehearsal. That is until I notice your new alicorn friend."

"Don't talk to us like that, Wind Rider. What are you up to?" Rainbow Dash replies acting suspicious.

Spitfire comes over and says, "Rainbow, maybe it will be a good idea to not listen to him."

Rainbow Dash listens to Spitfire and decides to not make a scene. Tiger Lily is very confused on why Rainbow Dash and the others acting like they are against this stallion. She starts to believe that there is more to this pony than meets the eyes.

Wind Rider simply chuckles and says, "Well, it very nice to see you Wonderbolts again. And very nice to meet you, Tiger Lily.

Wind Rider simply leaves without saying another word. After he is gone, Rainbow Dash and the other Wonderbolts are still wondering what Wind Rider is doing here and wonder why he's talking to Tiger Lily.

Rainbow Dash turns to Tiger Lily and asks, "So, what were you two talking about?"

"We didn't say much, but he also knows my name and my performance at the gala," Tiger Lily answers still a bit confused.

"It figures," Rainbow Dash mutters to herself.

Then Tiger Lily asks with a concerned look, "Um Rainbow, is there something about stallion that upset you. You seemed pretty surprised and upset when you saw him talking to me."

Rainbow Dash and the other Wonderbolts have no idea what to say to her at first. The main reason why is because they know Tiger Lily will be surprised of who he is and what he has done a some time ago. Rainbow sighs a bit sadly because she is going to tell her eventually.

Rainbow Dash sits next to Tiger Lily and starts to explain, "Well, you already know his name is Wind Rider, right?"

Tiger Lily nods her head in reply, meaning yes.

Then Rainbow Dash explains, "He used to be the best Wonderbolt there ever us. However a few months ago, he tried to get me kicked out of the Wonderbolts and he almost got away with it."

Tiger Lily is shocked to hear that the stallion she has met has done something that mean.

"That doesn't sound very nice at all. Why would he do something like that?" Tiger Lily replies with concern.

"It's because he was afraid that Rainbow Dash will beat his record and he wants to be the best Wonderbolt," Spitfire explains.

Then Soarin adds, "To put it simple, he thought if he got Rainbow Dash kicked out of the Wonderbolts, then she can't break his record and we will remain the best."

After hearing the situation, Tiger Lily kind of understands what happened. This Winder Rider wanted no one to break his record and be the best Wonderbolt. However, he wants to he decides to hurt someone else just to do it.

Tiger Lily turns to Rainbow Dash and asks, "How did he manage to do that?"

"He sent a letter to me and made it look like my mom wrote it. He wrote that she was very sick and needs the ice irises from the Crystal Mountains to help, "Spitfire explains.

Tiger Lily makes a surprised look and says, "Ice Irises! They are very rare healing flows, but they're hard to find, especially during spring time."

"Wow! I didn't know you knew so much about them," Rainbow Dash surprisingly replies.

"Well, I always want to learn everything about plants and animals, including the ones that are used to for healing," Tiger Lily explains.

Then Tiger Lily turned to Rainbow Dash and asks, "But how did he manage to get you accused?"

Soaring sighs and says, "Part of it was kind of our fault. Rainbow Dash was the reserve during the time incase one of case can't perform."

Then Tiger Lily replies, "Let me guess. You thought Rainbow Dash sent Spitfire away so she can take her place."

"Afraid so. Plus Wind Rider said that she would want to perform in the show with him," Soarin says.

Then one of the Wonderbolts comes up and says, "But that's no excuse of what we did. We never once gave Rainbow Dash the benefit of the doubt. If it wasn't for Rarity figuring out who really did it, we would have kicked out Rainbow Dash without a second thought."

Tiger Lily is kind of surprised to hear this whole story. Wind Rider may have done the crime to get Rainbow Dash, the other Wonderbolts nearly believe Rainbow will do something like that. She seems to be glad that Rarity is able to help out and catch the real culprit.

Tiger Lily giggles and says, "I kind of remember something in a book I read. Kitty Detective always says, 'Before someone is on the guilty party, they will always be in the innocent party.'"

"What that means?" Soarin asks.

"I think she means that a suspect is innocent until they're proven guilty," Rainbow suspects.

Soaring laughs a bit and says, "Don't need to tell us twice."

The other Wonderbolts laugh a bit hearing the kind of quote from Tiger Lily. they think it's kind of funny, but seems very advisable too.

Just then, Spitfire comes over to Tiger Lily and says, "So are you ready to have some fun?"

"What kind of fun?" Tiger Lily asks.

"We want you to fly with us." Rainbow Dash.

Tiger Lily is surprised to hear that Rainbow and the Other Wonderbolts want Tiger Lily to fly with them. Even though she knows how to fly well and perform at the gala, she never flies with famous flyers before.

"You want me to fly with you! Are… are you sure about that?" Tiger Lily surprisingly and nervously.

"We thought it will be a good idea to show us what you can do, " Rainbow Dash explains.

"And maybe you can show us the tricks your father taught you," Spitfire adds.

Tiger Lily starts to think about it. She will be able to fly with Rainbow Dash and the others, but will be able to teach them the performances her father teaches her. She remember that her dad's performances is exciting and fun. But that time, Tiger Lily thinks it will be a good idea to do it.

Tiger Lily nods her head and says, "Sure. I'll give it a try."

"That's the spirit," Rainbow Dash says with a smile.

"So let's get to practicing," Spitfire says.

With that, Rainbow Dash and the other Wonderbolts teach Tiger Lily their routine for the show. They are surprised to see that Tiger Lily is not only a fast learner, but she seems to be Wonderbolt material. Then Tiger Lily teaches her friends her teachers tricks and skills. Then Rainbow and the others are surprised to see Tiger Lily can do her father, Sonic Boom's difficult tricks. They know one thing, when one is a child of a Wonderbolt, then they fly more skillfully, elegantly, and fast than other ponies.

Back at Ponyville, it's been like around a week or two since Rainbow Dash and Tiger Lily have gone to Manehattan and the house is looking amazing. The house has been built and all of the furniture and Tiger Lily's things has been moved to the house. Right now, they are making sure that all of her things and supplies are accounted for.

Rarity adjusts the curtains and says, "I think Tiger Lily is going to love her new house."

"I agree. It resembles her old house and it's near an open field where she can be with some animals, flows, and a place where she can dance," Fluttershy adds with a smile.

"I'd say we did a very good job on it," Twilight says with a smile.

"Yeah. I'm surprised Tiger Lily has some stuff that didn't burn up in that fire," Spike adds while holding some old photos.

Then Pinkie jumps towards them and questionably replies, "Yeah. I always wonder how that fire happened. Tiger Lily said that she doesn't know about it either."

"Yeah. She did mention about it. Maybe it will be a good idea to go there and see for ourselves," Applejack suggests while scratching her head.

Then Twilight says, "That maybe a good idea to go there, but it's been three years since Tiger Lily went there and by the time we got there, there might not be some evidence over there."

Applejack sighs and says, "You're right."

Then Rarity comes over and says, "Now darlings, I understand that we all want to know what really happened, but we still don't know much about Tiger Lily yet."

"You do make a good point," Applejack replies.

Twilight nods her head and says, " I have to agree, even though I want to know. But right now, let's focus on getting the house finish.

"Yeah. We're almost finished getting her house all fixed up and decorated," Spike replies.

With that, Twilight and the others continue to work on getting Tiger Lily's house finished and getting the furniture put in. They know they still have some time before Rainbow and Tiger Lily gets back, but still need to get to work. They all hope Tiger Lily will love the house they made for her.

Back at Manehattan after over a week of practice, today is the day of the Wonderbolt show and everypony are very excited to see the Wonderbolts perform. Rainbow Dash is excited to be performing with the Wonderbolts and her friend get to see them. Right now, they are with the other Wonderbolts in the tent that has been set up for them.

Rainbow Dash says with excitement, "Wow! There are so many ponies showed up today!

"Yeah. You wouldn't believe how many ponies would come to see the show," Spitfire replies.

The Tiger Lily says, "It kind of reminds me of how many crowds are there during the gala."

"Don't worry Tiger Lily, you're not the one performing," Rainbow Dash reassure with a smile.

"I know Rainbow, but I'm still trying to get used to all this," Tiger Lily replies.

Just as the conversation is going on, they start to hear a strange noise. At that moment, a bunch of big barrels are starting to fall down.

Rainbow notice the event and screams, "Look out!"

The others starts to run and fly away from the falling and rolling barrels. Spitfire and the others look around to make sure that everypony is alright. They seem to think that no one is hurt.

Just then a family voice screams, "Ow!"

Tiger Lily and the others turn to see that Rainbow Dash has been hit by a few barrels and see that her right wing has been hit really hard and looks really bend over. Tiger Lily runs over to Rainbow hoping there will be a way to help.

"Rainbow, are you okay!" Tiger Lily asks with a worried look.

"I'm fine, but I think my wing is broken," Rainbow Dash replies while looking at her bent wing.

Rainbow tries to move her wings, but she feels sharp pains as she tries to move it.

Tiger Lily looks at the wing and says, "Try not to move it. I'm going to try my best to get your wing fixed.

Tiger Lily then grabs the first aid kit and takes a good look at her wing. She can tell that the wing has been hurt badly. She then examine the wings and put some special cream to ease the pain. She then use her magic to levitate the bandage and wrap up Rainbow's wing.

Tiger Lily finishes the treatment and says, "From the looks of it, you seem to have sprained your wing, but broke your metacarpal in the process. You're going to need to rest for at least two weeks."

"Two weeks!" Rainbow screams with horror.

"But the Wonderbolt show is today and we don't have anyone more reserve," Spitfire replies.

"What are we going to do?" Soarin asks.

"And how did the barrels fall at us," The blond Wonderbolt asks.

Just then Rainbow Dash says, "Look there!"

Tiger Lily and the others turn to see somepony running away from the scene and where the barrels are at. Spitfire wastes not time to chase after the one responsible for the fall. The pony flies really fast, but Spitfire is able to catch of to them.

Spitfire then jumps the pony and screams, "Gotcha!"

She then lands on top of the pony and now she gets to see who done it. Spitfire is shocked to see that pony is Wind Rider the ex- Wonderbolt member.

Spitfire angrily says, "Wind Rider! I should have known."

After the chase and the catch, Rainbow, Tiger Lily, Spitfire, and the others Wonderbolts see Wind Rider in the back of the police cart, meaning that he's in huge trouble. The police simply takes Wind Rider away and he doesn't not look happy about it.

When the police takes Wind Rider away, Spitfire and the others are discussion a major a matter at hand. This matter might end up changing the performance they have plan.

Rainbow Dash groaned with annoyance and says, "I can't believe Wind Rider would do something like this."

"I wouldn't be surprised if he did this just to get back us for dropping him," Soaring replies.

Then Spitfire says with a serious look. We need to figure out a way to have our show, even if our best reserve can't fly today,"

One blond Wonderbolt sadly says, "But with Rainbow Dash out of commision, we'll have to cancel the show."

Spitfire and the other Wonderbolts are trying to think of a way to get another pony to fly with them so the show can go on. So far, they have no idea how they can pull this off. Rainbow Dash looks at Tiger Lily and ends up with a good idea

Rainbow Dash breaks the silence and says, "Maybe not."

Spitfire looks at "What do you mean?"

"There's still one pony who can take my place," Rainbow Dash replies while looking at Tiger Lily.

Tiger Lily hears Rainbow Dash and notice that Spitfire and the other Wonderbolts are look at her with smiles on their faces. At first, she doesn't understand what is going on and they need another flyer for a substitute.

Tiger Lily realizes why they're staring t her and surprisingly says, "Me?!"

Soarin smiles and says, "Of course we mean you."

"You've been practicing with us for over a week and you're a great flyer," Rainbow Dash explains.

Then Spitfire happily says, "And from the looks of it, you seem to be Wonderbolt material."

Tiger Lily can see that she might be the only flyer who can take Rainbow's place in the show. She may like to fly, but still trying to work hard with crowds. On the other hoof, with other another fly, the Wonderbolt Show might be cancel.

Tiger Lily looks at Spitfire and asks, "Spitfire, are you sure I can do this?"

"You seem to be good enough in my book," Spitfire answers.

"You'll do great Tiger Lily." Rainbow Dash.

After sometime thinking, Tiger Lily nods her head and says, "Okay. I'll give it a shot."

Rainbow Dash and the others are happy and glad that Tiger Lily is going to give the show a try. After putting on the Wonderbolt uniform and going over the pans for the show, Tiger Lily is all set for the show.

Rainbow Dash, who is sitting on the sideline is watching Tiger Lily and the other Wonderbolts putting on a great show. She has to agree with Spitfire that Tiger Lily is a great flyer and sees she is a good Wonderbolt. During the show Tiger Lily is happy about about flying in the air and feels like she is dancing in the sky. She does loops, fast speed, and done some of her dad's flying trick. Everypony are cheering happily. They finished the show, by flying through the cloud making it spread out.

After they finish the last trick, everypony are cheering and applauding for the Wonderbolt show. Tiger Lily and the others walk to where Rainbow Dash is and see she is amazed by the show.

Rainbow comes out Tiger Lily and says, "You were amazing, Tiger Lily."

"I don't know about that," Tiger Lily replies while blushing.

Spitfire comes over and says, "Are you kidding?! You were amazing. It almost like we're flying with your dad."

"Yeah. Everypony love the tricks your dad showed you," Soaring says with excitement.

Tiger Lily blushes and says, "Thank you."

After the show, Rainbow Dash and Tiger Lily are at their hotel room relaxing and settling in for the night. They are able to get Rainbow to the doctor and are able to check on her. Of course, Rainbow will have stay off of her wing for a while.

Rainbow Dash is sleeping in bed while Tiger Lily is looking out of the window seeing the moon and the stairs. She still can't get over the fact she flies at the show today and used her father tricks to do it. Doing the show is making her miss her parents and wish they are here to be with her. But for some reason, Tiger Lily believe they are there for her even though they are gone. Just then, Tiger Lily falls asleep and dreams about flying through the sky with a smile on her face. She can't wait to find out what else is going on in Manehattan and the fun time she will have with her friend.

Author's Note:

Next time: Bonding with friends.

PreviousChapters Next