• Published 9th Jun 2017
  • 1,595 Views, 46 Comments

The Princess of Nature - Pinkie Pie Sweets



The girls meet a new alicorn who never see other ponies, can the girls help her feel welcome

  • ...
6
 46
 1,595

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 15: A Simple Day in Ponyville

It's been some time after Tiger Lily's adventure with Daring Do and things have been doing okay. Fluttershy and Tiger Lily have been busy helping the animals at the cottage. One afternoon, Tiger Lily comes down from the guest room to see Fluttershy and some of the animals with some books.

As she walks down stairs, she says, "Hi Fluttershy."

"Hello Tiger Lily, how are you doing?" Fluttershy replies.

"I'm fine, how about you?" Tiger Lily says.

"I'm doing fine,"Fluttershy replies

The then sees the animals in a circle and happily asks, "And how is everyone else?"

All the animals talk in their animals language. Most ponies might not be able to understand then, but Fluttershy and Tiger Lily can understand them quite well. Tiger Lily can tell that all the animals are doing fine.

Then Tiger Lily asks, "So what are you all doing?"

"We're doing our Furry Friends Book Club," Fluttershy answers with a calm smiles.

Tiger Lily questionably says, "Furry Friends Book Club?"

"It's special club that we do every so often," Fluttershy explains.

"Can I join you? Of course I never been a book club before and not sure what it is either," Tiger Lily asks with uncertainty.

Fluttershy smiles as she nods her head and says, "Of course you can join us and I'm sure the others will like to join you too."

The animals happily chatters meaning they want Tiger Lily to join them at their special book club.

"Okay," Tiger Lily happily replies.

Tiger Lily takes a seat on the floor where Fluttershy is. Even though Tiger Lily does not have a book with her, she would like to hear about it.

Fluttershy turns to the animals and says, "Now, does every animal have their copy of 'Wuthering Hooves'?"

Angel Bunny and the other animals show that they have the book for their club. The bear and the mouse does have the book, but have to switch since they're the wrong size for them.

Fluttershy happily cheers, "Hooray! I love Furry Animal Book Club. It's extra special to have our guest joining us today."

Tiger Lily smiles a little and blushes a little for being part of the club. As Fluttershy is opening the book, Tiger Lily is starting to notice that Fluttershy's cutie mark is starting to glow. She has no idea what it's glowing and wants to ask about it.

Then Fluttershy says, "Now, let's discuss the theme of nature as it applies to Hoofcliff's love…"

Before Fluttershy can continues, Tiger Lily shylu says, "Um Fluttershy."

Fluttershy turns to Tiger Lily and says, "Yes Tiger Lily."

"Why is your cutie mark glowing?" Tiger Lily asks as she points to the glowing cutie mark.

"Huh!" Fluttershy questionably replies.

Fluttershy turns to her flank to see that her cutie mark is glowing. Fluttershy remember seeing it the first time it happens and can only mean one thing.

Fluttershy surprisingly says, "You're right."

Just then, Fluttershy's cutie mark creatures a magical copy and flies out the window. Tiger Lily follow the mark and see it's heading to Ponyville. Tiger Lily has never seen anything like it and wants to know what it's about.

Tiger Lily asks, "Where's it going?"

"It's going to the castle," Fluttershy answers.

"How come?" Tiger Lily asks.

Fluttershy then remember that Tiger Lily isn't around when during their first adventure with the map and has no clue what is going on. Fluttershy think s it will be a good idea to show Tiger Lily about it and show her what the map at the castle does.

Fluttershy asks, "Maybe it will be a good idea if I show you?"

"Okay," Tiger Lily replies, agreeing to the idea.

With that, Fluttershy and Tiger Lily start to leave the cottage and are going to make their way to Twilight's castle.

Before Fluttershy leaves and close the door, she tells the animals, "We'll continue this discussion when I get back!"

Then she closes the door to go to the castle and take Tiger Lily with her. When they are gone, the animals start to chatter among themselve and doing their book club activity.

Sometime later, Fluttershy and Tiger Lily fly through town as they continue following the cutie mark until they reach to the front door of the castle. They both land at front of the door after the mark goes through the door.

Before they can open the door, a magical magenta aura are on the doors and it opens.

Twilight comes out the front for and says with excitement, "You're here!"

She then noticed Tiger Lily is here and says, "And Tiger Lily's here too!"

At that moment, Twilight teleport herself, Fluttershy, and Tiger Lily inside the castle by the door of the room where the thrones and map are.

She then happily screams, "Isn't this exciting!"

She then shows Fluttershy and Tiger Lily her flank and seems happy about it. Fluttershy and Tiger Lily can see that Twilight's cutie mark is glowing as well. Fluttershy can see that Twilight must be going with her on this adventure.

Fluttershy happily says,"Oh, you were called too! Thank goodness. I feel so much better going with a friend."

"I was about to come and get you, but then I got distracted," Twilight says.

When she opens the door to the throne room with her magic, Tiger Lily and Fluttershy are surprised to see that the room has been covered by a bunch of books.

"Oh," Fluttershy replies with a surprised look.

Tiger Lily says with amazement, "Wow! You have a lot of books!"

"You can say that again," Twilight says happily.

Then Twilight says with excitement, "Ever since the map called us, I've been doing a ton of research."

Twilight teleport herself away from the girls and to the chalkboard.

She says as she write on the board, "Testing out potential friendship problems."

Twilight teleport herself to the others with a book with her.

Then Twilight says, "Diversifying my solutions portfolio."

Twilight walks away from Tiger Lily and Fluttershy teleporting the book away. Fluttershy and Tiger Lily are kind of confused about it, and notice something kind of odd about her preparations.

"Ever since the map called us?" Fluttershy questionably replies.

Then Tiger Lily says with a confused look, "Didn't it happened like a few minutes ago."

"I know, but I want to be one hundred percent prepared, I mean I'm the Princess of Friendship. How would it look if I couldn't solve a friendship problem?" Twilight explains with excitement and pride.

Then Fluttershy happily, "Oh I'm so lucky I'm being sent with you,"

Before Fluttershy can say anything Tiger Lily shyly says, "Um Twilight. Fluttershy."

Twilight and Fluttershy turns to Tiger Lily who is a little show to ask about something she wants to says. Fluttershy realize the reason what she decides to take Tiger Lily with her to the castle.

Fluttershy turns to Twilight and says, "I Oh, almost forgot that this is the first time Tiger Lily is seeing this, so maybe you can explain this to her."

"Gotcha," Twilight replies agreeing to the suggestion.

Twilight turns to Tiger Lily and explains, "You see Tiger Lily, this map shows us all of Equestria and it's connected to us and our cutie marks."

"Is that way Fluttershy's cutie mark glow?" Tiger Lily asks.

Twilight nods her head and explains, "Yes. It calls to who ever which one will be send to solve a friendship problem."

Tiger Lily is kind of understanding what Twilight is talking about. Even though she is new to these kind of magic, she is able to understand them a little.

Tiger Lily questionably asks,"So the map tells which of you to go solve a friendship problem?"

"Exactly," Twilight replies.

Tiger Lily says with excitement, "It sounds amazing. So where are you two going?"

"The Smoky mountains!" Twilight answers says.

Fluttershy and Tiger Lily looks at the map to see that the location the two are going to is somewhere pass the mountain where there are two hills at.

"Oh I've never been there before." Fluttershy says.

"I've never been there either. Tiger Lily replies.

"Nether have I. And there isn't a lot of information on them," Twilight explains.

Twilight levitates a book from a pile of books and says, "All I can find was this."

She then levitate the books to Fluttershy and Tiger Lily to show them a picture of the place they are going to.

Twilight explains, "The Smoky Mountains harbor the most beautiful valley in all of Equestria between it's two majestic mountain peaks."

They look at the picture of the valley to see that is covered with a lot of greenery, it looks very quiet and peaceful.

"That gorgeous," Fluttershy says with amazement.

"It's beautiful," Tiger Lily says with sparkles in her eyes.

Then Fluttershy happily says, "And where there's nature, there's a ton of animal friends."

"I know. Can I go too?" Tiger Lily replies.

Twilight and Fluttershy are kind of skeptic about Tiger Lily wanting to tag along with them on their friendship mission. They think it will not be the best idea for Tiger Lily to come with them on this since it's just going to the two of them.

Twilight says, "I don't think you're ready to go on a friendship problem adventure with us just yet"

"Oh," Tiger Lily replies feeling a bit disappointed.

Then Fluttershy says, "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be ready to go with us someday."

"Okay," Tiger Lily replies.

"I can't wait to get started. I'm a little nervous, since that's all I could find. I usually like to ne a bit more prepared," Twilight says looking more excited than nervous.

"You seem pretty prepared to me," Fluttershy says as she looks at the lots of books around the room.

"Maybe a little too prepared," Tiger Lily shyly adds.

Twilight walks aways and says, "You can never be too prepared."

She then walk towards two saddlebags that her stuffed on both sides. Tiger Lily and Fluttershy are a bit confused about the bags full of supplies.

Fluttershy nervously asks, "Are those… for us?"

"Yup! I've prepared our things, snacks, books, blankets, book." Twilight happily explains.

"You said books twice," Fluttershy remarks.

"There are a lot of books," Twilight answers.

Twilight then levitates the books so they can leave for their trip to the Smoky Mountains. Twilight seems fine carrying the heavy bag.

When the bag lands on Fluttershy's back she falls on her stomach and says, "Oof!"

Fluttershy tries to carry the heavy bag with her might, but carrying the heavy bag is making her struggle and move very slowly. Tiger Lily can see that Fluttershy might needs some help with the books.

As Twilight leaves first out the door she happily asks, "What do you think our friendship problem's going to be?"

"I don't know, but I'm sure we'll figure it out," Fluttershy answers as she struggles to follow Twilight.

Tiger Lily comes over to Fluttershy and says, "I'll carry them for you."

With that, Tiger Lily use her horn to levitate the bag so Fluttershy won't have to carry it.

Fluttershy sighs in relief and says, "Thank you."

At that time, Fluttershy and Tiger Lily who is carrying the bag with her magic, follow Twilight to the balloon and she is getting ready to take off.

As Twilight get excited about solving the friendship problem, she happily asks, "Do you think it will be a problem about lying lying?"

Fluttershy comes inside the balloon basket, and Tiger Lily puts the bag inside the basket so she can take it with her.

"I'm sure we'll find out when we get there," Fluttershy replies.

Twilight sighs calming herself down and says, "You're right."

Twilight unhook the rope that is holding the balloon. With that, Twilight and Fluttershy leave on the balloon to solve their friendship problem.

Tiger Lily starts to wave her hoof for Twilight and Fluttershy and happily says, "Goodbye, have a nice trip."

Twilight and Fluttershy wave their hoofs with a smile and say, "Bye."

After Twilight and Fluttershy are gone on the balloon to the Smoky Mountains, Tiger Lily thinks it will be a good idea to go walk around Ponyville to do some looking around and to have a little walk.

Tiger Lily walks for some time until she comes across Carousel Boutique .She remember that this is the first building she come across when she first arrived to Ponyville, and decides to come inside to see how Rarity is doing.

Tiger Lily opens the door to the boutique to see if Rarity is here or not.

When the bell rings on the top, she hears Rarity's, "Coming."

Tiger Lily happily says, "Hello Rarity,"

Rarity walks to see Tiger Lily in the boutique, she happily says, "Oh, hello Tiger Lily. How may I help you?"

"I was hoping to find something to do while Twilight and Fluttershy are away," Tiger Lily explains.

"Oh, so where are they going?" Rarity asks.

"They're going to the Smoky Mountains to solve a friendship problem," Tiger Lily explains.

Then Rarity says, "I see. I remember when the map called me and Applejack to Manehattan,"

"Really!" Tiger Lily surprisingly replies when Rarity says she gone on a friendship adventure too.

"Yes," Rarity says with a smile.

"Sounds interesting," Tiger Lily says with a smile.

But then she says with a confused look."But I'm a bit confused about the map situation, but I kind of understand it,"

"That's alright someday you will," Rarity says,

Then Rarity happily says, "And I can see you are doing a lot better with being around us and other ponies."

Tiger Lily starts to blush about Rarity's statement. She knows that she is trying very hard to make herself at home at Ponyville.

But before she can say anything, Pinkie jumps between the two with a smile on her face and happily says, "Of course she is, she's been working very hard on it and glad to have her as a friend."

Rarity and Tiger Lily are confused to see Pinkie Pie with her usual smile. They kind of wonder how is Pinkie Pie is here.

Tiger Lily questionably asks, "Um Pinkie… where did you come from?"

Pinkie takes a deep breath and then she says, "I was walking to see Rarity until I saw you here as well and I thought it will be a good idea to see how you two are doing. And then when I heard about you doing your best to make yourself at Ponyville I decide to say that you're going a good job on it."

Tiger Lily starts to giggle and says, "You sure are fast with details."

"You can say that again," Rarity adds happily.

Just then, they hear the bell rings on the door and see Applejack and Rainbow Dash walking into the boutique as well."

"Hi Applejack," Pinkie says.

"Hi Rainbow," Tiger Lily say.

"Hey guys," Rainbow Dash says,"

"So what are y'all doin?" Applejack asks.

"We're simply having a little talk and such," Rarity replies calmly.

Then she says, "And now that you're here, I can use some help with some outfits I've been making for a delivers I need to do,"

"Sure, what are friends for," Rainbow Dash says.

Applejack says, "I guess I can use a break,"

"I'm super happy to help!" Pinkie happily cheers.

Tiger Lily smiles and says, "I would like to help too."

Rarity smiles and says," Then let's get started."

With that, they are getting started on helping Rarity with the delivery. They do like to help Rarity with her cloth designs, but sometime Rarity ends up using them as the models. Especially Rainbow Dash, who doesn't like to stand still for a long time.

Rainbow Dash says with annoyance, "Urh! How did I agree to this?"

"Don't be such a fuddy duddy Rainbow," Pinkie replies.

"Yeah. It will just be for today," Applejack adds.

During the time, Tiger Lily help Rarity with the sewing, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie are helping being models for the outfits, and Applejack is helping putting the finished clothes in the boxes.

"As they work on the clothes, Rarity turns to Applejack and asks, So Applejack how is preparing for your Apple Family reunion?"

"It's been going pretty swell. I can't wait to see all my cousin, aunts, uncles, and other family members I haven't seen in awhile," Applejack answers sounding excited for her family reunion.

Tiger Lily is surprised to hear about Applejack having a huge family.

She surprisingly says, "Wow Applejack, you sure have a big family,"

"You can say that again. I have so many relatives, it's kind of hard to keep track," Applejack replies with a smile.

"It must be nice having so many relatives you know about," Tiger Lily happily replies.

But in a sad tone, she says, "I barely knew any of mine."

The others look at Tiger Lily when she says it and are a little confused about it. They are starting to hear that Tiger Lily has no idea about her other relatives besides her parents.

Applejack sadly says, "You mean you don't know any other members of your family,"

"No that I know of," Tiger Lily replies.

Then Rainbow Dash says, "Come on, you must know at least one of them."

Tiger Lily starts to think about any family members that she might know about. But then, she remember about something that her mother has told her about.

Tiger Lily says, "Well there was this cousin my mother showed me, but I don't know her personally."

Then she sadly says, "I tried to find her after my parents died and since I don't know her too well, I can't give from her home a good description other than a picture of her."

Rarity and the others look at each other and think it will be a good idea to find any one of her family members or at least recognize her cousin she is referring to.

Pinkie asks, "Did you still have it?"

"Yes. I was glad that it's one of the few that didn't burned up," Tiger Lily answers.

Then Rainbow Dash suggests, "Maybe later you can show the photo to us and then we can find your cousin. I'm sure she and her family might be looking for you."

"I guess so, but with me traveling so much and wearing the cloak all the time, they might have a problem finding me," Tiger Lily explains.

Rarity hugs Tiger Lily and says, "Don't worry, I'm sure one they hear all the stories about you, they'll be here in no time."

Tiger Lily is surprised to hear that her friends want to help her find her cousin and hear more about her family.

Tiger Lily smiles and says, "Okay."

At that moment, The girls continue to work on the outfits so Rarity can be finished for the day. After they finished with the clothes, that has take them to early in the evening, Tiger Lily takes the girls to the guest room she is staying and to show them the picture. After searching through the belongs she has left, she find her special box that has the photos that are left when most of them burned up.

Tiger Lily finds the picture and levitates it to the girls.

When she brings it to the girls, she says, "I know it's the only photo on one of my relatives, but my mother told me that this is my cousin from her side of the family. The thing is she's might have grown up since this picture was taken."

The girls takes a look at the picture of the cousin Tiger Lily has been talking about. The pony in the picture is a small unicorn filly. She has a pale grayish purple like skin, grayish pale persian blue eyes, and her mane is moderate purple with light purple highlight and light grayish opal highlights. Her mane are also tied with blue ribbons to make pigtails.

The girls look at the filly very closely and are starting to get this feeling that they have seen this filly before. Like Tiger Lily has been telling, it's been a long time since this picture has been taken and she meet her filly cousin before.

Applejack turns to Tiger Lily and says, "It sure is a nice picture of your cousin."

"I hope you'll meet her someday," Pinkie cheers."

Tiger Lily smiles and says, "Thanks."

After the event of today, Rarity and the others has gone home so they can get some rest and have something to eat with when they get home. Tiger Lily has helped give all the animals their food and Angel teaches Tiger Lily how to make his special salad. As are all eating their Dinner, Fluttershy comes in the house feeling a bit tired from her trip.

Tiger Lily smiles and says, "Welcome home Fluttershy, how was your adventure?"

"It was kind of a hoof ful, but Twilight and I manage to stop a family feud," Fluttershy tiredly explains.

"Sounds like you had a problem over there," Tiger Lily adds."

Then Tiger Lily levitate a bowl of salad and says, "Here you go. I helped feed all the animals and I was able to make you something too."

Fluttershy smiles and says, "Thank you. I am very tired and can use something to eat."

Fluttershy sits down on the couch and join Tiger Lily and the animals for some dinner. After they finished their dinner, Fluttershy decides to go to sleep a little early tonight after she finished helping getting the animals to bed. Tiger Lily helped too. They both feel so happy together and feels like they're kind of like a family. Tiger Lily falls asleep in the guest room and get some sleep for the night. She wishes she knows more about her family and wish she will meet them someday.

Author's Note:

Next time: The girls decide to do something special for Tiger Lily.

PreviousChapters Next