• Published 9th Jun 2017
  • 1,595 Views, 46 Comments

The Princess of Nature - Pinkie Pie Sweets



The girls meet a new alicorn who never see other ponies, can the girls help her feel welcome

  • ...
6
 46
 1,595

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 21: Remember the Rainbow

It's been a weeks since Tiger Lily has moved into her new house and she loves living in the field which is just outside of Ponyville. For the week, she's been with her friends, and with the animals as well. She also been writing and coming up with ideas for songs to sing at the Helping Hooves Music Festival. She is every excited to perform and sing, but a bit nervous to be on stage being stared at. However, she knows that as long as her friends are with her, she'll do fine.

On a nice and sunny day, Tiger Lily is at Sugarcube Corner with Pinkie Pie, Mr. and Mrs. Cake, and the twins Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake. Earlier in the week, Pinkie Pie has told Tiger Lily that Mrs. Cake and her mother were friends with teacher and winto the cooking school together. Since then, Pinkie decides that today that Mrs. Cake and Tiger Lily get to know each other and talk about her mother olden days with Mrs. Cake. Tiger Lily is also helping Mrs. Cake feeding the twins while Mr. Cake and Pinkie work.

"Mrs. Cake, what was my mother like when you two were friend?" Tiger Lily asks.

"Oh I don't know where to start, her and I used to have loads of fun when we were fillies. We both decided right away that we want to do something that involves making sweets. We also sometimes get into trouble if we made a mess in the kitchen," Mrs. Cake explains.

"How is that?" Tiger Lily laughs.

Mrs. Cake giggles and says, "Well, we both sometimes get carried away and ends up turning out baking into a competition. We both wanted to be great bakers, and we always make a mess of things."

"I guess my mom had a fun personality," Tiger Lily replies with a laugh.

"Yes. i only wish she was here, we both would have so much to catch up on," Mrs. Cake replies.

"Me too. I know my mother would have a lot of things to say," Tiger Lily says, feeling a bit sad.

Mrs. Cake simply smiles and says, "Yes. I guess we both not only been busy with our own paths of bakers, but we both ended up with children of our own."

"You're right," Tiger Lily smiles.

During the time, Tiger Lily, and Mrs. Cake are glad they are able to have a talk, and while feeding the twins. Just then the little baby ponies let out small and adorable yawns. This can only mean one thing, and Mrs. Cake knows it well.

"I think it's time for the twins to have their nap," Ms. Cake says.

"I agree. It seems unusual that you and Mr. Cake are earth ponies and your twins are a unicorn and a pegasus. Then again, my mother is a unicorn and my father is a pegasus, yet I'm what the girls called an alicorn," Tiger Lily replies while she and Mrs. Cake takes the twins up stairs.

Mrs. Cake simply says, "I can understand that, but that's just the way it goes and sometime you because a type of ponies from other parts of a family."

"Does that mean, I might have another alicorn in my family somewhere?" Tiger Lily asks.

"Could be," Mrs. Cake answers.

Then she says, "Let's get the twins to bed and then I'll get you something to eat."

"Okay," Tiger Lily replies.

After putting the twins to bed for their afternoon nap, Pinkie is on her break and having something to eat with Tiger Lily. There are so many thing that Pinkie like to talk to Tiger Lily about. Tiger Lily seems to like eating here, and it not so busy today.

"I really like eating at Sugarcube Corner," TigerLily replies while haing her muffin.

"Me too, and I love working here," Pinkie says with excitement.

Then Pinkie asks, "So Tiger Lily, Rainbow told me that you agreed to sing in the festival, right,"

"Yes. I was a bit skeptic about it at first, but I thought it will be a good way to meet other ponies," Tiger Lily replies, while blushing a bit.

"That's the spirit," Pinkie cheers with excitement.

"I guess," Tiger Lily responses.

Pinkie smiles and says, "Don't worry, you are going to love singing to the ponies of Ponyville, and thinks to my connections, we're going to have quite a lot of ponies performing."

"That sounds very exciting," Tiger Lily replies with a calm smile.

"I know," Pinkie happily says.

Then Tiger Lily asks, "I wonder where the others are?"

"They're probably busy with the festival, even though it's going to be on in a few weeks, there's so much to do before the festival starts," Pinkie answers.

Tiger Lily starts to think about the festival and says, "Sounds like you and the girls are going to be busy getting the stage and everything else ready for the show."

"Yep. and you're going to be ready preparing a song or two for the show as well," Pinkie happily replies.

"You're right," Tiger Lily says.

Just then, Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Spike walk into the cafe. They see Tiger Lily and Pinkie Pie talking to each other, and decide to go sit with them.

Pinkie notices them, and happily says as she waves her hoof, "Hi girls."

Tiger Lily turns to see the girls and the little dragon heading to the table. They all take a seat around the circle table hoping to talk to them about their upcoming event. Tiger Lily is glad to see her friends here with her.

"Hi Tiger Lily," Twilight says.

"Hey Pinkie, what's up?" Rainbow says.

"Nothing much, just talking to Tiger Lily about the Helping Hooves Music Festival," Pinkie answers with a smile.

"Good thing you are, cause we need to continue organizing it," Applejack replies.

"Good idea," Pinkie says.

Fluttershy turns to Tiger Lily and asks, "So Tiger Lily, do you know what kind of song you want to sing for the festival."

"Well, I kind of come up with a few idea, but one of them I want to sing is very special to me," Tiger Lily while her cheeks are turning a bit red.

Pinkie comes up to her face with a smile and asks, "Really, which one? Is it something that we know?"

Tiger Lily blushes a bit and says, "I don't think so, it's special song that my mother used to sing to me, and I learned the lyrics by heart."

"What kind of song is it?" Spike asks.

"The song my mother called is wings of happiness," Tiger Lily answers.

"Wing of Happiness?" Rainbow Dash questionably replies.

"That sounds like a lovely song," Fluttershy says, liking the name of the song.

"Yes. The name sounds very elegant," Rarity adds.

"Thank you," Tiger Lily says with a smile.

Twilight and the others have become curious of what song she has in mind to sings for the festival. From the name of the song, they can tell that it' must be something special. It also sounds like it will be a relaxing and simple song.

Just then Spike comes into the conversation and asks, "By the way Tiger Lily, I know it's kind of off topic, but I really like to know, how did you earn your cutie mark?"

"My cutie mark?" Tiger Lily asks.

"Yeah. I always wanted to ask you how you found your special talent with nature, especially with plants and animals," Spike explains.

Tiger Lily giggles a bit and says, "It was a very long time ago, I was just a little filly when I got it."

"Don't worry Tiger Lily, just remember what you know and it will be a sinch," Rainbow Dash says.

Tiger Lily nods her head and says, "Well, it all happened when I was playing with my animals friends at an empty field."

Tiger Lily remember the day she earns her cutie mark like it's been yesterday. When she's a little filly, she's with her animals friends and are in the field where a lot of fruit trees and berry bushes grow. That day, she and her animals friends are on a picnic and it is a nice and relaxing day.

Little Tiger Lily smiles and says, "It sure turned out to be a nice day."

Just then, small squirrels are starting to talk in their squirrel language. Tiger Lily has alway been able to understand animals, even at her young age. She loves talking to the animals and they love talking to her. She understands what the squirrels are saying.

She pass over a bowl full of acorns and says, "Don't worry, there's plenty of food and drinks for everyone."

Tiger Lily loves being with her animals friends, she wishes her parents are here with her. Her mother and father have been busy with getting some wood and getting their vegetables and other plants from the garden. Tiger Lily loves living with her family and animal friends. She wishes there isn't anywhere else for her to go too.

Just then, a loud boom comes out of nowhere, the noise really scared all the animals. When little Tiger Lily looks up in the sky she can see a big batch of rainbow colors surrounded the sky.

Tiger Lily surprisingly says, "Wow!"

She has never seen anything like it before, and doesn't know where the booming rainbow comes from. When Tiger Lily looks around she can see that the booming sounds scared all her animal friends away, and knock all the trees and berries, including the leaves from the trees and bushes.

Tiger Lily questly says in a surprised tone, "Oh dear, it seems the blast knock the fruits and berries off the trees. And my friends has gotten scared from the sound too."

She then calls out, "Don't worry everyone, I think what it was is gone now. You all can come out."

As Tiger Lily calls out to her animal friends, she has gone to different place where the animals are hiding. After finding all of them and making sure they are alright, she can see there is still a problem. The animals start to gather all the fruits and berries that has fallen from the trees, ti also been spread out that the acorn and some honey are spilled to the ground

Tiger Lily says, "Don't worry, I'll help you pick them right up."

It has taken them at least and hour, but little Tiger Lily and all her animal friends have picked up all of the fruits, berries, acorns, and honey that has been fallen from the trees. They put all the items at a separate pile and also get the leaves out of the way as well.

"There, I think that's all of them," Tiger Lily replies.

Tiger Lily looks around to see what happens to the trees and bushes, and says, "I guess it's going to take a while for the trees to grow back all of it's leaves, fruits, and berries again."

Just then, Tiger Lily horn starts to glow on her own and surprisingly asks, "What… what's going on?"

Just then she ends up using her magic at the tree. She is surprised to see that her magic is making the tree grows leaves and ends up with apple on the trees. When the magic is done, Tiger Lily is surprised to see that she has cause the tree to grow.

"Did I… did I just done that?" Tiger Lily surprisingly asks to herself.

She looks up at her horn and asks, "Wonder what else I can do?"

After deciding to use her horn again, Tiger Lily uses her horn again on some other trees and bushes, and with that, they all start to grow until they have some fruit berries, and acorns. She then uses her magic to put some water from the river to the ground, so the plants can get some water. Tiger Lily seems happy that she is able to fix up forest.

Tiger Lily smiles and says, "There, now all the trees and bushes are back to normal."

Just then some of the animals who has their babies comes up to Tiger Lily and talking to them. Tiger Lily can see that the babies looks very sad and upset. She figures that the they are still scared of the loud boom from earlier. She thinks singing them a song will cheer them up

Tiger Lily giggles a bit and says, "I guess, I could sing to you all before I have to head back home."

Agreeing the the idea, the animals gather around along with their babies, so Tiger Lily can help sing to them. When all the animals are gathers, Tiger Lily knows that it's time for her to calm down the animals, especially the babies.

Tiger Lily starts to sing:

There may have been the slightest bit of spite

In the way that I decided to stop being with you

But the way that your voice got so serious

All of the sudden when you spoke, was unfair

"I love you" is what you want to make me say, isn't it?

But I can't let you hear it yet

Lightly, these wings of happiness

Dance down from up above, and alight upon my heart

I want to take this feeling of being enfold

In their soft, warm kindness and hold it close to me

As Tiger Lily sings, the baby animals start to calm down and are feel relaxed of the nice music. Jus then, Tiger Lily's flank starts to glow bright, and then a small mark appears. The mark is a picture of a small tiger cub with a white lily in it's mouth. She then continues to sing the song.

And someday, when we're casting our gaze back

Perhaps we'll remember how we were this day

Until that day arrives, I'm not gonna let these wings go

I want to keep on feeling this same way forever

Lightly, these wings of happiness

Dance down from up above, and alight upon my heart

I want to take this feeling of being enfold

In their soft, warm kindness and hold it close to me

After she has finished singing, Tiger Lily looks to see that she has her cutie mark now. She feels so happy that she earns her cutie mark, and she help all the animals at the same day. After helping the animals Tiger Lily start to run back home to tell her parents of the exciting news.

After seeing the memory, Tiger Lily who is grown up, along with her friends are still in Sugarcube Corner. Twilight, and the others are very mood by Tiger Lily cutie mark story, but it somehow familiar to Twilight. She feels that the booming rainbow is familiar to her.

Then Tiger Lily explains the last bit of her story to her friends, "After singing to my friends and went back home, I showed my parents my cutie mark, and they were very proud of me. I explained to my parents of all the thing I did with my magic and my communication skills with the animals, they told me that I must be very special to do such then."

"That's how I earned my cutie mark, and it's all thinks to that mysterious magical booming Rainbow. I never knew what it was, but I knew it was very special," Tiger Lily adds with a smile.

After hearing the story, Twilight and the others are amazed to hear her amazing and magical story. They believe that Tiger Lily is more special than she think she is.

"That is so amazing," Fluttershy says with a smile.

"It's cool," Pinkie says.

The others start to complement Tiger Lily on her story. She feels happy that her friends enjoy her cutie mark story, and is able to have a wonderful experience.

However Twilight says, "Wait! You said the day you got your cutie mark, and your magical abilities when this booming rainbow come across the sky."

"Yes. It did," Tiger Lily says while nodding her head.

"What are you think, Twilight ?" Applejack asks curiously.

"I think what Tiger Lily saw, was Rainbow Dash's sonic Rainboom," Twilight answers while looking at her friends.

"What?!" The others screams with a shock.

Tiger Lily questionably asks, "Sonic Rainboom?"

The others are very shocked to hear what Twilight is saying. Tiger Lily looks a bit confused about the sonic rainboom. Twilight really believes that Tiger Lily must have seen the sonic rainboom the dance day that Rainbow Dash has create it.

The Pinkie surprisingly says, "You mean, Tiger Lily got her cutie mark the same day we got ours."

"Seems like it, and I know how to make sure of it," Twilight says with a smile.

She then turns to Rainbow and says, "Rainbow Dash, you know what to do."

"On it!" Rainbow Dash says.

With that, Rainbow Dash flies out of the cafe at top speed. Twilight, Tiger Lily, and the others follow Rainbow Dash and are watching Rainbow Dash flying in the air.

Tiger Lily asks, "What is she doing?

"You'll see," Twilight says.

Just then Rainbow Dash creates her sonic boom and showers of rainbow color has spread across the sky. Tiger Lily is surprised to see Rainbow Dash doing an amazing event. However, she then recognized this from before, and it's the same one she has scenes when she's a little filly.

"That's it! That's the booming Rainbow that I saw!" Tiger Lily suggest lgt replies.

Twilight nods her head and says, "Yes. You saw Rainbow Dash's sonic rainboom, and you got your cutie mark on the same day me and the girls got ours,"

"Really!" Tiger Lily surprisingly says.

"Yep. Technically you can thank Rainbow for helping find your special talent," Applejack says.

Rainbow Dash flies up to Tiger Lily and says, "And I'd say you're welcome,"

"Well… thank you," Tiger Lily replies with a google.

"That's more like it," Rainbow Dash says with pride.

Then Pinkie happily cheers, "That is so amazing! That means we're more connected to you than you think!"

"I guess so," Applejack replies.

"I think the song that your mother sing was beautiful," Fluttershy replies.

"You sure do have an amazing singing voice," Rarity adds.

"That's why I'm more happy that you're going to be performing in the music festival with us," Pinkie adds with a smile.

Tiger Lily calmly says, "I'm kind of excited, but I'm a bit nervous too."

"I'm sure you're going to be fine," Twilight says.

"She's right, you were able to perform in the gala and in the Wonderbolt show. I'm sure y'all do a great job at the music festival," Spike adds.

Tiger Lily can see that Spike does have a point about that. She has been performing for other ponies, and it's making her feel less nervous and shy about being in public.

Tiger Lily smiles and says, "I guess you're right. I feel like I'm changing since I came to live we you guys, but it seems to be little by little."

"And you're doing a great job," Spike replies.

"We just need to make sure you be put on the right path, but we also give you space to make your own decision. It just going to take a little more time for you to get used to it," Twilight says.

"You're right," Tiger Lily replies while nodding her head.

Pinkie hugs Tiger Lily and says, "That's good to hear, and before I forget, I asked Vinyl if she can help you with some music choices and to help you practice."

Tiger Lily looks at Pinkie with a confused look and says, "Vinyl Scratch, she's the time that does the dj system, right?"

"That's the one, she's going to be your music coach," Pinkie says with a smile.

Tiger Lily giggles a bit and says, "I don't know about a coach, but I'm glad to have someone to help me with music,

"That's good, because she's a great dj to work with," Pinkie adds happily.

The girls, and Spike start to laugh after hearing it. It's true that Vinyl is a good dj. At that time, Pinkie decides to take Tiger Lily to Vinyl's house so she can train Tiger Lily. Tiger Lily does remember Vinyl from around town, and wonder what kind of lessons does she have for her.

Later in the night, Tiger Lily is lying on her bed while looking at the window. After today, she can use a good night sleep. She's been with Vinyl Scratch and Octavia Melody for the rest of the afternoon, and had a wonderful time with them. Tiger Lily looks at the window to see the moon shining so bright, and the stars are sparkling.

Tiger Lily says in her thoughts, "I feel so nervous about being in the festival, but I'm glad I was able to practice."

She then starts to remember how Octavia and Vinyl teaches her how to sing other kind of music. She even learned how to use an instrument, but mostly how to control her singing voice. They even help her with the kind of music that matches the songs she would like to sing for the festival. She hope they can help her again soon.

"Vinyl Scratch and Octavia Melody sure were a great help. They taught me how to make and sing to different kind of music. I sure hope I do well at the festival," Tiger Lily says in her thought.

She then closes her eyes after seeing the brightest star, and says, "Mom, dad, if you two can hear me where you are right now, I really want to you see me do well at the music festival. I hope you two can see me from up there."

After that, Tiger Lily tucks herself in bed and goes off to sleep for the night. Tiger Lily does have a good day with her friends today and is glad to know more about how she ends up with her cutie mark. She learn that she is more connected with Twilight and the others than she thinks. She hope things will turn out great for the festival. She'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Author's Note:

Wings of Happiness english lyrics from Onegai My Melody. Trust me, it took a while to find and type the lyrics

Next time, Tiger Lily meets a Pop Star and becomes friends with her. She also finds out of a problem she is having.

PreviousChapters Next