• Published 9th Jun 2017
  • 1,595 Views, 46 Comments

The Princess of Nature - Pinkie Pie Sweets



The girls meet a new alicorn who never see other ponies, can the girls help her feel welcome

  • ...
6
 46
 1,595

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 26: Tiger Lily's True Magic

Seeing the fire, Twilight, and the others go off to the orchard to stop the fire, but Spike and the crusaders stay behind so they won't get hurt. Tiger Lily feels like she needs to help, but the awful memory of the last time she's been close to the fire. But know her friend needing help is what helping her to build up the courage to help out.

Applejack gasps, seeing the damage and says, "We're too late, the fire is already getting out of control."

"What do you think happen?" Pinkie asks.

"I wish I knew the answer to it," Applejack says.

Then Rainbow Dash says, "Fluttershy and I can get some clouds, and find some water to fill up the clouds."

"We'll be right back," Fluttershy says.

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy fly as fast as they can to gather enough water to stop the fire. Meantime, Twilight and the others are going to try and stall the fire long enough for the water to come. Twilight starts to notice that Tiger Lily is looking a bit serious, yet very scared about feeling the fire after all these years.

Twilight turns to Tiger Lily and asks, "Tiger Lily, are you sure you want to stay and help."

Tiger Lily looks at the flames and can remember the terrible night, the night her parents died. However she knows that Applejack's home will be destroyed like her's. She really doesn't want Applejack to go through something as terrible as she experienced.

Tiger Lily quietly answers, "No."

Just then Tiger Lily remembers the day of the fire and the day she has lost everything she ever loved. Tiger Lily is younger and her parents' allowed her to stay in her tent. Just then Tiger Lily hears a big crashing noises, and smells something burning. Tiger Lily wakes up and look outside to see that the woods is on fire all over. Just then her tent has caught on fire, but she is able to escape in time. When the tent burns down, she is in shock to see that her house is catching on fire, and her parents are still inside.

The young Tiger Lily calls out, "Mother! Father!"

At the present, Tiger Lily starts to shed tears as she witness the fire going on. She is still haunted by that terrible memory, and is scared it will happen all over again.

Just then, Tiger Lily hears a faint voice calling out, "Someone… please… help… somepony please."

"Girls, there's someone over there," Tiger Lily says.

Twilight, Applejack, and the others look around to hear where the voice is coming from. As the go farther in the fire, they can see a stallion that has his foot stuck under a fallen tree. Tiger Lily takes a closer look at the stallion and can tell he looks familiar to her.

Tiger Lily surprisingly says, "Girls, I've seen this stallion before."

Tiger Lily remember the other day that Zoot Suit and Boss are with another stallion who is pulling their carriage. She remember that the stallion who is trapped and the stallion with the two business ponies are the same pony.

"He's Boss and Zoot Suit's driver," Tiger Lily says.

"He needs help," Twilight says.

"Come on, let's get him out of here," Applejack adds.

With that, the girls are into action, Twilight, Tiger Lily, and Rarity are able to use their magic to help clear the broken wood and fire out of the way. They are able to do so until they reach the stallion who is trapped in the fire.

Rarity says, "Excuse me sir, we're going to help you."

"Yeah. So stay there!" Pinkie Pie calls out.

The stallion looks up to see them and sadly says, "Please, my back hoof is stuck. I can't get it off.

Applejack comes over to him and says, "Don't worry, I'll get you out."

Applejack comes to the tree that has fallen over and is trying to move it. After using a lot of her strength, she manages to get the stallion out of the tree, but has a bad bruise on it. Applejack tries to help him out, but seems that his back hoof is broken. But as they are getting out, some of the trees that are burning has fallen, separating them from everypony else.

Twilight horribly screams, "Applejack!"

"Don't worry, we're fine, but I don't think we're going to get out," Applejack calls out.

"We need to do something," Twilight says.

"But what can we do?" Rarity asks.

Just then, Pinkie says, "Um guys, there's something wrong with Tiger Lily. She looks spooked and her horn is starting to glow bright green too."

They all look to see that Tiger Lily has her eyes closed and her horn is glowing very bright. From the looks of it, it seems that she is up to something. Just then, big gray clouds start to appear all of the sudden, and large vines full of thorns are sprouting out of the ground. Everypony gasp seeing all of these events are happening.

Pinkie asks, "Is Tiger Lily doing this?"

"I don't know," Twilight answers.

"Whatever it is, she seems to be using her magic very hard and looks like it's going to be very long too," Rarity adds.

Tiger Lily continues to use her magic to create the clouds and vines. Just then, rain starts to fall from the sky stopping the flames from spreading. Then the vines and thorns are making all the apples trees lush and green again. Even the apples are growing back. Twilight, Applejack and the others are speechless to see what is happening. As they are witnessing this event, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash fly back to the acres still raining, and her also looking confused about something.

Rainbow Dash says, "Hey guys, you are not going to believe what happened. Fluttershy and I were getting the clouds, when all of the sudden, the clouds start to turn gray, suck up all of the water and headed to here."

"What's happening here?" fluttershy asks.

"I don't know, but I'm starting to get the feeling Tiger Lily is doing this?" Twilight questionably explains.

Everypony look to see Tiger Lily using her magic with all of her might, until the fire has been put out all over the orchard and the vines help the trees and apples to grow back. When Tiger Lily feels that her magic has finished, she stop lighting up her horn and collapses on the ground. She's not unconscious, but feels very tired. She then is able to get up. Fluttershy and Twilight rush to her to help her steady on her hooves.

Twilight smiles and says, "Tiger Lily, I think you did a great job."

Tiger Lily smiles smile at Twilight for the complement. She is glad she is able to save her friend and help save Sweet Apple Acres. But she feels very tired for using so much magic.

Sometime later, The girls is able to help the stallion with his broken hoof. According to the doctor, he will have to stay off of his hoof for a while now. They are able to give him some food and something to drink. They also want to know what he's doing in there to begin with. Tiger Lily is still feeling tired that she lies on the couch, but still wakes to see her friends.

Fluttershy asks, "How are you feeling Tiger Lily?"

"I'm fine. Thank you," Tiger Lily weakly replies.

"It's a good thing you're okay. I was worried for a minute," Rarity says.

"But how is the stallion and Applejack doing?" Tiger Lily asks.

"We're fine. In fact, I really want to thank you there for saving my neck there," Applejack replies.

"Indeed, I really want to take you my dear, you saved my life," the Stallion says.

"We're just glad that you're alright," Twilight replies.

"What happened?" Applejack asks.

The stallion sighs and says, "My name is Bear, and… and… I started the fire, but flames got out of control and I got trapped in the flames."

Applejack looks at Bear with a stirn look and asks, "Tell me, did Boss and Zoot Suit send you to do this?"

"Yes. You didn't want to sell the orchard and they wanted to teach you a lesson," Bear answers feeling bad about this.

"Well it seems that their plans have backfired," Twilight says.

"And you're in trouble for what you did," Rainbow Dash adds.

"Well, I'm not going to take all the blame. I'll tell the ponice about Boss and Zoot Suit and all of their methods. I'll tell them about how they lie, scare, and swindle ponies into giving up their business, and then use the land to turn it into something more profitable like a market or something," Bear explains.

Then he says feeling ashamed, "Believe me, I'm very sorry for the trouble you all were put into."

Tiger Lily starts to feel sad and says in her thoughts, "I know. I can tell you are very sorry for what you did."

Tiger Lily feels so tired from using a lot of her magic that she has fallen asleep. Twilight and the others think i will be a good idea to send a little to Princess Celestia about seeing Tiger Lily's magical abilities, especially since it's been used to save Sweet Apple Acres. They know that Tiger Lily is special, but it seems that they end up learning how special Tiger Lily is little by little. They also figure they can help Tiger Lily with her magical abilities, and to help get her strength.

The next day, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are at Twilight's castle early in the afternoon. Tiger Lily is still fast asleep in one of the guest room and they don't want to disturb her. Since last night, she hasn't wake up from her sleep since then. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna use their magic on Tiger Lily to check her magical energy, and to check to see if she hasn't have any physical or mental problem. Twilight and the others have been standing at the front door from some time observing the situation. When the princesses are done, they leave the room and close the door behind them so Tiger Lily can sleep

Fluttershy asks, "How is she, princess?"

"Tiger Lily is very tired for using so much magic, but with rest, she should be fine," Luna answers.

But Celestia says, "However, there was something unusual about her magic."

"What's that?" Twilight asks.

Celestia sighs and says, "I was going to wait until Canterlot, but it will be best to tell you girls in the throne room."

"Okay," Twilight replies.

In the castle throne room, the girls and Spike are sitting in their throne while the princesses are standing between Twilight and Fluttershy. They are wondering what the princesses are able to figure out about Tiger Lily, and what might become of her.

Princess Celestia breaks the silence and asks, "Now, I understand you all witnessed seeing Tiger Lily using very strong magic, correct?"

"Yes princess, she made all the clouds surround her and made it rain, "Applejack answers.

"She then made a lot of vines covered in thorn appear and it caused the apples trees, and grass to grow back, "Pinkie adds.

Luna says, "As we thought sister, she is very special indeed."

"What do you mean she's special?" Rainbow Dash asks.

"What my sister means, is that Tiger Lily's magic does equal to ours, but seems to have a different way of using it," Celestia explains.

"What what does that got to do with it? Applejack asks.

"Well, think about when you found out Tiger Lily was the reincarnation of Princess Water Lily," Luna explains.

The girls and Spike nod their heads in reply.

Then Luna says, "We used to know her, and her magic is very similar to Tiger Lily. Not only with the staff, but Water Lily herself also had the magic to control nature."

This information shock the girls about this. They remember about her being another princess' reincarnation, but never expected this to happen,

Twilight still in shock asks, "Are you saying that Tiger Lily and this Princess Water Lily have the same powers as the staff?"

"And as each other," Pinkie adds.

"Yes. Tiger Lily seems to be more connected to nature, and her magic and cutie mark represent it," Celestia adds to her explanation.

"Golly, I knew she has a lot of magic, but never expected that much," Applejack replies looking surprised.

Then Twilight says, "She obviously have more magic than other ponies I've seen, especially with one that is connected to nature."

"But what are we going to do?" Rarity asks.

"She's right. I don't want to worry her about her magical abilities," Fluttershy replies with worries.

Princess Celestia smiles and says, "I actually thought of an idea. Since she'll be living here, I thought it will be a good idea that Twilight will be the one to help her with her magic."

"ME!" Twilight asks with a shock.

Luna nods her head and says ,"We both believe that you will be the one to teach her how to use her magic."

Twilight starts to think and says, "Well, I've been thinking about helping Tiger Lily with her magic, but teaching her."

Princess Celestia nods her head and says, "Like we said, it will be a good idea if you would. You all were the ones who helped open Tiger Lily's shell and live among us, I'm sure you can teach Tiger Lily how to properly use her magical abilities, and maybe teach her some new ones.

Twilight starts to think about it, and wonder about her ability to teach Tiger Lily how to properly use her magic and teach her other magic spells and methods. Then again, she and her fiends help Tiger Lily break out from her shell, so maybe she can do more for her.

Twilight smiles and says, "Princess Celestia, taking on this task will be hard, but I'm sure with help from my friends, I can help Tiger Lily how to use her magic and use others so she can do more for herself."

"That's good to hear. When you come over to Canterlot, I would like to continue to talk to you about idea to help Tiger Lily improve her magic," Princess Celestia says.

So after bowing and saying their goodbyes, the princesses leave the castle and head back to Canterlot to their castle. Sometime later, they check on Tiger Lily to see if she's doing okay. They walk in to see Tiger Lily stirring in the bed and is starting to wake up. She sits up, replies with a yawn, and rubs her eyes.

She looks at the girls and says, "Good morning girls, how are you doing?"

"We're doing fine, but how are you feeling?" Twilight replies.

"I little tired, but I'll be fine," Tiger Lily answers.

"That's good, how about we give you something to eat, since you've been sleeping for quite a while now," Applejack answers.

Pinkie smiles and says, "Yeah. You already missed breakfast and lunch. It's almost time for dinner."

Tiger Lily giggles a bit and says, "I guess I did skip out on eating, and I am feeling a bit hungry."

"Then let's go get something to eat," Pinkie cheers.

So later on, The girls are able to give Tiger Lily and themselves something to eat. They are glad Tiger Lily is feeling a lot better after sleeping for so long, but also concern about her. After everything the princesses have tell them, Tiger Lily is very special and will need a lot of time practicing with their magic, but as long as they help her, and be there for her, they are sure she can do many things for herself. Twilight is starting to wonder what kind of magic she'll be able to teach her. She is excited yet unsure how to teach her. She'll need to wait and see what kind of magic she can teach her.

Author's Note:

Next time: Tiger Lily goes with Twilight to her old school, and meets a new friend.

PreviousChapters Next