• Published 9th Jun 2017
  • 1,595 Views, 46 Comments

The Princess of Nature - Pinkie Pie Sweets



The girls meet a new alicorn who never see other ponies, can the girls help her feel welcome

  • ...
6
 46
 1,595

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 22: Two Singers, Two Songs, One Harmony

After another few weeks of practicing today is the day of Opening Night of the Helping Hooves Music Festival. Tiger Lily is still in the field of her house practicing her dance moves. During the past few weeks, Twilight has been teaching Tiger Lily some magic, and some of them are good to be used for her performance. Tiger Lily is able to come up with the right song and the magic to use it in. Her friends are sure that she will do great for the show, but Tiger Lily still feels a bit nervous about it. She hasn't come over to the festival so she can practicing performing with her animal friends, and help build her courage. She sings and dance like she is fully connected to nature than before.

Tiger Lily just finished and wants to go see how her friends are doing at the show. However, she isn't going to get the chance because…

"That was a great performance," A female voice calls out

Tiger Lily turns over to see a mare around her age, maybe a year younger or so. The pony has a light aqua blue grayish fur, opal like eyes, and long pale purple mane and tail, with moderate purple streak on it.. She is wearing a dark magenta jacket with silver studs on the collar, a dark purple shirt, attached to is is a black neckline with light blue studs, two black bracelets with studs and stream of colors, and wearing a black veil with white round studs. Her cutie mark are five colored half notes with a yellow star behind the notes. Tiger Lily is very surprised, she never seen this pony before.

She clears her head and politely says, "Thank you. Um, how long have you been standing here?"

"Long enough to see singing, dancing, and using your magic. I think it's beautiful," The mare says

She then introduces herself, "My name is Countess Coloratura, but you can call me Rara."

"Um, my name is Tiger Lily," Tiger Lily replies while introducing herself.

"Tiger Lily. That's a very nice name, so what are you doing?" Coloratura asks.

"I was practicing for the Helping Hooves Music Festival. I'm going to be singing in the show," Tiger Lily answers.

Coloraturn smiles and says, "What a coinsurance, I'm performing in the show to. I'm actually opening the festival, and will be contest for the children at the school in Ponyville."

"So you're doing the contest. My friends' sisters have been very excited about one of them get to sing with a very popular singer, "Tiger Lily replies.

Tiger Lily starts to blush and says, "To be perfectly honest, I don't even know you or your songs very well, not even half of the one Applejack and Pinkie Pie mentioned to me about.

"You haven't? Why?" Coloratura asks.

Tiger Lily turns away a bit and answers, "It's kind of a long story."

"On that note, are you friends with Applejack?" Colratura akss.

"Yes. Like I said, it's a very long story," Tiger Lily answers.

Coloratura looks even more confused and asks, "How long are we talking about, and do you think you tell about it?"

Tiger Lily sighs and says, "Long enough for you to know that I never been part of pony society, that is until Princess Twilight and the others help me, along with the princesses and little Spike."

With that, Tiger Lily starts to explain to Coloratura about her entire story. About how she never been with other ponies other than her parents,and animal friends, losing her parents in the fire, and wondering on her own for a very long time. She also explained how her new friends have open her heart and mind to everypony, and grow less shy every day and meeting new ponies. After explaining the story, Coloratura feels like she is going to cry.

She tries not to cry as she says, "That… That has to be one of the saddest yet thoughtful story. I never knew Applejack helped someone like you, open up to ponies, and that you never been around your pony kind."

"I know, it's hard but I've been able to go through some tough time since I met them, and I've been more open up," Tiger Lily says.

Coloratura looks down and says, "I know that we've gone off in different direction, I didn't realizes it was that much."

"What do you mean? Are you saying you know Applejack?" Tiger Lily asks curiously.

Coloratura giggles a bit and explains, "It was a long time ago, since I was a little filly. Applejack and I knew each other since camp, and even when I was young I always want to be a singer. That's when I moved to Manhattan and met Svengallop, my manage. I used to be more more simple things, and not too much into the fancy stuff. When I met Svengallop, I've became Countess Coloratura. I was happy to have met Applejack again, are I used to."

Tiger Lily looks a bit confused and asks, "Did something happened when you came?"

"She said that Svengallop told the head of the festival that \he will pull me from my charity festival if he didn't get the things he need, but Svengallop know how important the charity events are important to me. She think that Svengallop does even care about my best interest, so it shows that we may have been friends in the past, but seems we gone off in different directions and I'm Countess Coloratura now. It seems that she doesn't know who I truly am anymore." Coloratura explains sounding a very angry.

Tiger Lily can see that Coloratura does sound very happy about it. However, there is something that is bugging her, even though she doesn't know Applejack very long, she knows her long enough to know somethings. For example, she knows about her strongest element in Equestria.

Tiger Lily calmly explains, "Are you sure it's not true? I haven't been with Applejack very long, and I can tell that she isn't the type of pony to lie about these things."

"But why do you believe her, you told me you barely knew her?" Coloratura asks.

"Because, I learned that what friends are truly supposed to do, they're supposed to trust them. You used to be her friend, yet you don't trust her. I think the one who really forgot who they are is you," Tiger Lily answers.

She then looks down on the ground, and says, "In your case, you forgot the pony you truly are, and me… I don't fully know the pony who I really am. The pony who I am destined to be."

Coloratura is looking speechless right now. Not only Tiger Lily says that she is the one who forgot who she truly is, but Tiger Lily doesn't have much of a clue about herself. She can understand why she thinks that. She used to be an alicorn filly who never been around other than her animal friend and parents, now she is living among other ponies including Applejack. She can tell that Tiger Lily is not sure about her true self, but know a way to cheer her up.

Coloratura simply says, "I guess, I can see you kind of situation. You know, when I feel down about something, I sing a song so I could feel better.

"I used to do that too, but I also play with my animal friends too," Tiger Lily replies.

Coloratura smiles and says, "Sounds like we got some things in common."

Tiger Lily asks, "Do you think I could hear you sing?"

"I don't see why not, sure I'll do it. I could use the practice," coloratura answers with glee.

Coloratura gets up and adjust her throat and stretch herself so she will be ready. When she does that she then starts to sing a song, one she hasn't sang in a long time.

Coloratura sings:

Equestria, the land I love

A land of harmony

Our flag does wave from high above

For ponykind to see

As Colouratura sings, Tiger Lily can see that her cutie mark is starting to shimmer and shine like a star. Hearing her sing, she can tell that this must be the Coloratura under that veil, and looks.

Equestria, a land of friends

Where ponykind do roam

They say true friendship never ends

Equestria, my home

After hearing Coloratura sings, Tiger Lily starts to cheer and clap for the singer's performance. She can tell that she is a very great singer, maybe better.

Tiger Lily smiles, "That song is beautiful, especially your singing voice."

"Thank you. I think is your turn to sing," Coloratura says with a smile.

Tiger Lily looks a bit skeptic and questionably asks, "You want me to sing?"

"Sure. I already heard you sing and dance when I saw you, but I really love to hear it again," Coloratura answers excitement.

Then Coloratura says, "When on our way back to the festival you can sing, sometime walking and singing can give some ponies some inspiration.

"Okay. It's a good idea to head back before the others wonder where we are," Tiger Lily answers.

"Good idea," Coloratura replies with a giggle.

Agreeing to the idea, they both decide to head back to the Helping Hooves Music Festival before anypony start to wonder where they are. As they walk, Tiger Lily takes Coloratura; request and going to sing as they head back to the others. She also decides to take a shortcut through the field and the park.

Tiger Lily sings:

Seems like I've spent my whole life hoping

Dreaming of things I've never tried

Tangled in knots just waiting for my time to shine

What if the doors began to open?

What if the knots became untied?

What if one day nothing stood in my way and the world was mine

Would it feel this fine?

They find themselves at an open field full of flowers, and grass. Tiger Lily starts to run, and Coloratura starts to run after her with smiles on their faces.

'Cause I got the wind in my hair and a dream in my eyes and an endless horizon

I got a smile on my face and I'm walking on air

Tiger Lily walks in the water while Coloratura looks from the ends. She then flows the fishes through the stream.

Everything life ought to be

It's all gonna happen to me out there

And I'll find it, I swear,

With the wind in my hair

They then start to feel the fresh hair flowing the air. They also meet a few animals, like the bear family. Coloratura is feeling a bit nervous at first, but can see Tiger Lily is not afraid of them at all. In fact, she seems to be playing with them.

So many roads I've yet to travel

So many friends I haven't met

She then uses her magic to make some of the plants, trees, and flows grow. Coloratura is very excited to see the magical abilities Tiger Lily can do.

So many new adventures just around the bend

Plenty of mysteries to unravel

They both come across a whole flock of butterflies in the park. Tiger Lily and Coloratura starts to run with the butterflies flying behind them.

Tons of mistakes to not regret

So much to see and to do and to be, a whole life to spend

And it doesn't end

Tiger Lily feels so happy singing that she starts to fly with the butties behind her.

And I got the wind in my hair and a song in my heart and the fun's only started

I got a skip in my step and I haven't a care

Colorful breeze blowing through

It's gonna carry me who knows where

And I'll take any dare

With the wind in my hair

Tiger Lily then uses her magic to lift Coloratura up in the air, so she can join them. Coloratura is astonished to see what Tiger Lily can do. She is seeing a whole now, and see like every lasting moment of it. The butterflies continue to be with them until they fly away.

I got a smile on my face and I'm walking on air

And everything life ought to be

Well I know that it's waiting for me out there

And I'll find it, I swear,

With the wind in my hair

After traveling through town, the two friends are finally at the stage where the festival will be taking place. They are both glad they have a good time together, and are glad to become good friends. Coloratura can see that Tiger Lily is something else, something really special to be with.

At that time, Twilight and the others are putting the final touches on the stage and event before the concert can go on tonight. They are very excited about the show that is going to happen and with singers and performers joining their event. However, they do have a bit of a problem…

"Where is she?!" Pinkie panicky asks.

"Pinkie you need to calm down, I'm sure Countess Coloratura is just out on a walk," Twilight says, reassuring Pinkie.

"She's right Twilight, it's not like her to be gone for so long. Not only that, Rainbow and Fluttershy can't find Tiger Lily neither," Applejack says, sounding concern.

Then Pinkie panicky screams, "What do we do?! They're one of the first to go on! We can't let the ponies down!"

"Simmer down Pinkie Pie, I'm sure that Rara and Tiger Lily will be fine, for all we know, they both might be doing their down thing like singing resting, or…" Applejack is explaining her theories of where they both are.

However Pinkie points her hoof, and says, "Or they both are walking our way together."

When they look where Pinkie is pointing, they are surprised to see Countess Coloratura and Tiger Lily are walking here, together. They both seem very happy and are talking to each other. The girls can't help but be proud of Tiger Lily for getting to meet somepony and getting to her all by herself.

Applejack walks over with a smile and asks, "Countess Coloratura. Tiger Lily. Now how in the hay did you two end up together."

"Let's just say that it's our music that brought us together and have become good friends," Coloratura explains explains.

Then she says, "I also can't believe that you're using my real name."

"Actually, I'm using your new name, cause you're still Rara to me," Applejack says.

Then Tiger Lily smiles and says, "I like the name Rara, it's like of cute."

"Thank. I like the nickname too," Coloratura answers.

Twilight walks over to Tiger Lily and says, "Sound to that you and Countess Coloratura have become friends."

"Yes. I really like Rara. She's sweet, and kind, and a great singer too," Tiger Lily answers happily.

"You're a good singer too, and I can't wait to hear more tonight for the show," Coloratura replies.

However Applejack says, "Still I don't think Countess Coloratura is the real you. I saw the real you hangin' out with those school ponies yesterday. And I know somepony that'd prefer if you stopped doing those little events."

Coloratura groans with annoyance and says, "Not this again."

"Rara, are you sure Svengallop is who you said he is? Like I said earlier, it's not like Applejack to lie about these kind of things," Tiger Lily asks.

"I'm sure. Why would you think that?" Coloratura answers, with a confused look.

"I guess it's something my mom told me when I was just a small filly," Tiger Lily replies, while thinking of what her mother told her when she's a small filly.

Her mind flashes back when she's a young filly. She is in her noo laying in her own bed with her favorite stuffed bunny. Her mother had just read a bedtime story, about a rabbit almost trusting a snake that really want to do it harm. It made Tiger Lily asked how come the bunny almost trusted the snake or why it ended up not trusting it?

"Not everypony or animal is as nice as they appeared to be sweetie," Tiger Lily's mother says.

"Really?" Young Tiger Lily questionably replies.

"Beware of those who only pretend to be nice and really mean you harm and deception. When you met someone like that, you must follow what your heart is telling you, not matter what anypony says," Tiger Lily's mother says.

"That's what my mama said. That's her way of saying not everypony is who they said they are, and really mean to take advantage of you. That one of the reasons why I wasn't supposed to talk to strangers," Tiger Lily says.

"Sounds like good advice to me," Applejack replies, agreeing to the statement.

Then she face Coloratura and says, "I know Svengallop had helped you with your career, but I heard him saying that to Pinkie. You just need to give me a chance to prove it.

"And just how are you going to do that?" Coloratura asks.

"Do exactly what I say; we'll see if that Svengallop truly has your best interests at heart," Applejack answers, and sounds like she has a plan.

Aftering being giving Applejack's instruction, Coloratura is on stage while everypony else is getting ready for tonight's show. Coloratura is doing what Applejack wants her to do, but hopefully she'll be wrong about Svengallop. However Tiger Lily's advice running through her head is making her think otherwise.

Svengallop? Svengallop! Where are you, Svengallop?" Coloratura calls out.

In a split second, Svengallop is on stage right beside her, answering, "Here I am! Did you need something?"

Reluctantly Coloratura says, like what Applejack wanted her to say, "Yes, I was... considering... m-maybe cancelling the contest with the schoolponies...?"

Svengallop smiles and says, "Countess, this is wonderful! I've been waiting forever for you to cancel that pointless schoolpony contest."

"You... have?" Coloratura quietly says, sounding kind of surprised of what her manager is saying.

"You do it at every charity event, and it does absolutely nothing to promote the Countess Coloratura image that I built! Consider it cancelled," Svengallop answers seems proud by her decision.

He then calls out, "Pinkie Pie!"

"Yes, Svengallop, sir!" Pinkie pie says, looking tired leaving out a sigh and a cough.

"We are making some adjustments to the show. Follow me!" Svengallop demands.

Svengallop leads Pinkie Pie to talk about the arrangements. However what they don't know is that Twilight is getting a bird's eye view. She uses her horn to light up so they can record everything what Svengallop is going to tell Pinkie.

"Cancel the contest for the fillies and schedule me a spa treatment. Now that I don't have to oversee a rehearsal with those brats, I have time for the works! You know the drill! Deliver, or the diva ditches your dippy charity!" Svengallop highly demands getting into Pinkie's face.

He then walks back on stage with a smile on his face saying, "Okay, Countess Coloratura, all taken care of!"

However, what he isn't seeing is that Coloratura is not looking very happy. In fact, she looks very mad and disappointed. Just then, the recording and footage of his conversation with Pinkie Pie is being broadcasted to everypony in the festival. Svengallop is shocked to see what is going on and know what is happening. Now everypony,even Coloratura is learning the truth about him.

The recording of Svengallop's voice says, "You know the drill! Deliver, or the diva ditches your dippy charity!"

With a serious and yet angry look on her face, Coloratura asks her manager after seeing the clip, "So that's how you've been managing things?"

"Yeah, so? What's the problem?" Svengallop asks like he doesn't seem to care.

"The problem is, is you've been using my name to intimidate ponies to get what you want!" Coloratura angrily answers walking up to her manager.

However Svengallop says with a displeased expression, "But I work incredibly hard for you! I deserve everything I get!"

"But not because you scare ponies into thinking I won't perform for their charities otherwise! I would never do that to my fans! Which is why you should have known that I would never cancel the schoolponies' contest!" Coloratura says with passion for her best interest.

But Svengallop says with annoyance, "Hmph. All this charity and schoolpony contest nonsense is just remnants of that boring little Rara I met back in Manehattan!"

"You clearly don't understand the real me!" Coloratura firmly adds, as she removes her veil from her face, and not pleased at all.

Svengallop simply says, "Ha, that's a joke! I made you somepony! What can you even do without me?"

Tiger Lily starts to shed tears and exclaims, "You're wrong!"

Everypony hear the shouting coming from Tiger Lily. Even Coloratura and Svengallop turn around to see Tiger Lily, who is on stage looking upset, and about ready to shed tears in her eyes. Applejack and the others can understand what Tiger Lily is doing. Tiger Lily standing up to Svengallop for Coloratura's sake.

"You're… you're wrong… about everything you said. You didn't make Coloratura a somepony, you made her changed from who she truly was into somepony who can be used to help with your benefits. When I heard her sing to me, I knew right way that's the true Rara. Applejack knows who she truly is too. You never cared about Coloratura or her best interest, not even a little. You also lied to her and everypony else who wanted to to perform for their shows just so you can get what you want," Tiger Lily explains, feeling tears coming down her face.

Applejack walks up to Tiger Lily on stage, and says, "She's right. You never once give a care of what Rara wanted at all. You turned her into Countess Coloratura, and acted like her friend so you can enjoy the perks that came with her being a star. But the real perk of friendship is gettin to see a friend true to themselves. And Rara, when you're simply yourself, you're the brightest star I'd ever seen shine.

"Rara, when you were being yourself, when you and I sing to each other, I can see how bright you truly shine and know the real you," Tiger Lily says with sparkles coming from her eyes, even though she is almost shedding tears.

Everypony feel mood by Tiger Lily and Applejack's speech, even Coloratura is very happy for what they are doing for her. She starts to believe that they are right. As long as she's true to herself, she can't go wrong with her singing career. It's also making her feeling sorry for what she said to Applejack the other day. As for Tiger Lily, Coloratura is amazed by her courage as well. She barely know her and she is standing up for her to help a friend.

However Svengallop furiously says, "This is preposterous!"

"I don't see what's so preposterous about it. The proof of what you did throughout Rara's singing career is out now, and… I don't think she wants you around anymore. As long as she's true to herself, I'm sure she will succeed as the singer she is meant to be, knows who her true self really is," Tiger Lily plainly says.

Svengallop look around to see that no pony, not even Coloratura wants him around here anylonger. With a huff, he walks down stage and leaves the festival without a care or another word. When he is gone, everyone star to cheer for what Applejack, especially for Tiger Lily has done for Rara.

Rainbow Dash cheers, "Way a go Tiger Lily!"

"You were amazing," Applejack complements.

"Thank you, but I was only doing what is right," tiger Lily replies.

"And you did an amazing job," Coloratura replies with a smile.

She turns to Applejack with a sad look and says, "Applejack, I'm sorry for what I said to you the other day. I know now that you know the real me better than I knew myself. I don't even know why I let Svengallop talked me into doing his."

"That's okay. What's matter now, is that he's gone, and you gain a new friend in the process," Applejack says with a smile.

Then Tiger Lily asks, "Are you going to be okay for the concert tonight?"

"Actually I'm better than okay. I know exactly what to do, and besides… she show must go on," Coloratura answers, feeling a lot better.

With that, Applejack and the others decide to get every last preparation of the concert finished while, Rarity and Fluttershy help Coloratura and Tiger Lily get ready for tonight. Princess Twilight and her friends can't help but be proud of what Tiger Lily did for Rara, standing up to Svengallop. They can see that she is learning the magic of friendship, and is making new friends on her own. Tiger Lily can't want till the concert to start and to do it with a great friend too and with her other friends going to see her.

Author's Note:

Next time the Music Festival is on.

Wind in My Hair by Mandy Moore: Tangled Before Ever After
Equestria, the Land I love: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

PreviousChapters Next