• Published 9th Jun 2017
  • 1,595 Views, 46 Comments

The Princess of Nature - Pinkie Pie Sweets



The girls meet a new alicorn who never see other ponies, can the girls help her feel welcome

  • ...
6
 46
 1,595

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 27: Tiger Lily Day at School

Weeks have passed since the incident at Sweet Apple Acres, and the princess' talk about Tiger Lily's future. Twilight explain to Tiger Lily that she will be helping her develop on magic and teach her some new spells that can be helpful. After time of teaching and reading books, Twilight, Spike, and Tiger Lily are at the Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. Tiger Lily is amazed to see how big the school is, and how many buildings are around the area.

"So this is the school you were talking about?" Tiger Lily asks.

"Yep. Welcome to Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns!" Twilight announces.

"It's really big," Tiger Lily says looking astonished.

Twilight walks ahead and says, "Come on Tiger Lily, I want to make sure I get enough practice before I do the discussion session with the students."

"Okay," Tiger Lily answers.

Tiger Lily follows Twilight and Spike to their destination. When the reach to the room, Tiger Lily is amazed to see how much big space the room has. There are also a lot of rows of seats for the ponies to sit. Twilight and Spike are busy getting things ready.

Out of curiosity, Tiger Lily asks, "So Twilight, what kind of lecture are you going to give to the students?"

"Well, I'm going to teach the students about the connection with magic, specifically cutie mark magic. I'm also going to discuss on how all of us got our cutie mark at the same time." Twilight answers.

"Including me," Tiger Lily asks.

Twilight nods her head and answers, "Yep."

Then Spike says, "Twilight aren't you almost forgetting about something."

Twilight realizes this and says, "Right, I almost forgot I need to met with Princess Celestia about, you know what."

"Yep," Spike replies.

"So what can I do until you're done?" Tiger Lily asks.

"Well, Princess Celestia wanted to talk to me in private and Spike is going to be there. Until we're done, maybe you can walk around the school, it will be a good opportunity for you to make some new friends," Twilight explains with a smile.

"Okay," Tiger Lily replies.

Sometime later, while Twilight and Spike talk to Princess Celestia, Tiger Lily decides to walk around the school. There are many ponies who are students and who she can be friends with. However, Tiger Lily is feeling a bit nervous about meeting the ponies in the school and not sure how to approach them. As Tiger Lily walks around, she notice somepony is walking around alone as well. The pony is a mare around the same age as she is. She has pink coat, purple and teal mane and tail, light purple like eyes, and her cutie mark is a purple and white star with two blue glimmering streams on her flank.

Tiger Lily walks over to her and quietly says, "Um, hello."

The mare looks at her with a confused look and says, "Um hi?"

After saying hello, the two mare are not saying anything else. In fact, they are not sure what to say to each other.

Tiger Lily asks, "So what are you doing?"

"Nothing much, what are you doing?" The mare replies.

"Waiting for my friends to finish talking with Princess Celestia," Tiger Lily answers shyly.

"Really, that's interesting," the mare replies with a smile.

"Yeah. My name is Tiger Lily, what's your name?" Tiger Lily says as she introduces herself.

The mare giggles and says, "I assume it's Princess Tiger Lily since you are an alicorn after all."

"Oh, no no no, I'm not a princess. I'm just a pony who happens to be born an alicorn!" Tiger Lily exclaims while her cheeks are blushing.

The mare sees her reaction and apologizes, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you embarrassed, and assuming you were a princess. My name is Starlight Glimmer."

"It's okay. I guess some ponies thought I'm a princess because of me being an alicorn. In fact my friends Twilight and the others were more surprised about me being born as one," Tiger Lily explains.

Starlight looks at Tiger Lily with a suspicious look and says, "Did you say Twilight?"

Tiger Lily nods her head and answers, "Yes. Her name is Twilight Sparkle and she's an alicorn too. To be honest, I'd I never knew what kind pony I was until they told me."

"Really?!" Starlight surprisingly asks.

"Yes. I know it's coming as a shock but let's just say I used to not be very social with other ponies," Tiger Lily replies.

"Why?" Starlight asks.

Tiger Lily looks a bit sad and explains her story to Starlight, "You see, all my life I've been living in WhiteTail Woods without any socializing with other ponies, except with my parents and all of my animal friends."

"You mean you never been with other ponies until now?" Starlight asks looking shocked.

Tiger Lily nods her head and says, "Yes."

"So do you want to walk around for a while?" Tiger Lily asks.

Starlight smiles and says, "Sure, I would love that."

With that, Tiger Lily and Starlight Glimmer start to spend the afternoon together. They both show each other their magic, their interesting, and other kind of stuff they do. Tiger Lily even demonstrates her special performance while flying and performing her magic. Starlight even shows Tiger Lily her own magic, and other abilities she is willing to share. During the time, Tiger Lily and Starlight Glimmer are becoming really close, like they are becoming good friends right away.

Meanwhile back in Princess Celestia's office, Princess Celestia and Twilight Sparkle having their important meeting to discuss. This meeting is to further discus about Tiger Lily magical abilities and many about her future.

"So Twilight, how is teaching Tiger Lily coming along?" Princess Celestia asks.

"She's doing fine, and she is kind of a fast learner, but she's been having a bit of trouble with her teleportation spell, at least she is able to do it for a short distance," Twilight answers.

"That's understandable. The spell can be very difficult for one who aren't experienced with it," Princess Celestia replies.

"Yeah. she also been showing me the kind of spells and abilities she can do. In a way, we kind of teach each other," Twilight says with a giggle.

"Sounds to that you two are having a wonderful time together," Princess Celestia says with a smile.

Then Twilight asks, "So princess, is there anything I need to be aware of, so that I can help Tiger Lily."

"All you have to do is remain her friend, and help her with her magic and open her magic, heart, and mind to other possibility," Princess Celestia answers.

"Okay, but what do you think about Tiger Lily abilities?" Twilight asks.

"I have to admit, Tiger Lily's abilities are very unique and different. Like Princess Water Lily and then Elemental Staff, her magic is very rare and valuable to nature. It also seems that Tiger Lily's abilities is a bit different than her incarnation," Princess Celestia explains.

"What you mean?" Spike asks.

"Well, Tiger Lily powers is a bit different than Princess Water Lily's magic, but it seems that it's more connected to her emotions. It also seems that it sometime have trouble activating it or controlling it when she experiance extreme fear or sadness," Princess Celestia explains.

Twilight scratches her chin with her hoof as she says, "It sounds a bit like what happened when she found the elemental staff with dAring Do and Rainbow Dash. They both explain that when Ahuizotl got her cornered, she became so scared that it activated her magic and the staff, but it got a bit unstable."

"That is why I wanted you to help train her magical abilities, because I believe you can help her get better control of her magic, so she wouldn't end up losing control with it," Princess Celestia addly explains.

Twilight understand this and says, "Sounds understandable but as long as Tiger Lily doesn't get to scared or unstable with her magic, I'm sure she'll have better control over it."

"I'm glad you are on it, and I wish you luck on your lecture tomorrow," Celestia replies with a smile.

"Thank you Princess," Twilight says with a smile.

After her discussion with Princess Celestia, Twilight and Spike leave the office and go find Tiger Lily. They are hoping she isn't too bored or too lonely on her own. Back at the castle courtyard, Tiger Lily and Starlight Glimmer are sitting arounds having a good conversation while Tiger Lily is making some decorations out of flowers with her magic. When she finishes with the crown that is made out of daisies.

Tiger Lily says, "So what do you think, it's not to plain is it."

"No. It maybe simply, but I think it looks really pretty," Starlight answers with a smile.

"Thank you," Tiger Lily replies.

She then levitates this on to Starlight's head and says, "And I think it looks great on you."

Starlight blushes a bit and says, "Thank you. I do like daisies, but I have to say that my favorite flower are the rare moon flowers."

"Really, you like moon flowers," Tiger Lily surprisingly says with a smile.

"Yeah. I never seen them before other than books, but I love to see them," Starlight says.

She then closes her eyes and says, "I heard that they always bloom at night during a full moon and remain open until the new moon cycle. They even have a lovely white glow when the full moon comes out."

"I know what you mean. My friend Discord took me with my friend Fluttershy to a field at Rainbow Falls and there were a large field full of them. My other friends tagged along later on to see them. And after they all bloom, Discord gave me a bouquet full of them, and I planed the seeds in my garden," Tiger Lily explains with a smile on her face.

Astonished, Starlight says, "Wow, you your friend must really care for you to bring you to a field and allowed you to take some home. I wish I have friends like you do."

Confused, Tiger Lily asks, "Don't you have friends of your own?"

"I don't" Starlight sadly answers.

Tiger Lily starts to feel bad for Starlight and says, "I'm sorry, but if you like, would you want to be my friend."

"Are you sure, cause you and I are very different for each other?" Starlight replies.

"I think we can be good friends. I've become friend with ponies who are very different from me, and we get along fine, and one of them is not even a pony," Tiger Lily explains with a smile.

Starlight starts to become confused and says, "If you say so, but I'm very busy with something really important, and I need to be at Princess Twilight's lecture tomorrow."

"Really, I'm going to be at the lecture as well, so we get to see each other tomorrow," Tiger Lily says with glee.

Starlight looks a bit skeptic and says, "Yeah. I guess we'll see each other there tomorrow."

"Okay. I do need to get back to Twilight and Spike. They're probably wonder where I am," Tiger Lily says.

"Yeah. I need to get going as well, see you tomorrow," Starlight says as she walks away.

"Bye," Tiger Lily replies while waving.

"And thanks for the flower crown!" Starlight calls out.

Then Tiger Lily shouts, "You're welcome!"

After Starlight is gone, Tiger Lily leaves to go find Twilight and Spike. After sometime walking around the school, she can see Twilight and Spike walking towards them. Tiger Lily walk over to see her friends.

Tiger Lily calls out, "Hi Twilight! Hi Spike!"

"Hi Tiger Lily," Twilight says.

"Where were you?" Spike asks.

"I was just hanging out with a new friend I made today. She's also going to be here tomorrow for your lecture. I really like you two to meet her," Tiger Lily answers with a smile.

"That's good to hear. I can't wait for you, your new friend, and all of the students to be at the lecture tomorrow," Twilight says with a smile.

Spike looks at the sun that is setting and says, "It's getting late. We should probably head back to the room for the night."

"Right Spike," Twilight replies.

Agreeing to the idea, Twilight, Spike, and Tiger Lily leave the yard to head back to the room they are staying in. Tiger Lily is glad to have made a new friend today, and she seems very nice. She hope she'll be able to see her very soon before and after the lecture. She does start to wonder if Starlight is hiding something, something she wants to avoid talking about. She thinks the next time, she sees Starlight, she'll ask, and wonder if she'll be able to say anything.

Author's Note:

Next time, What started as a lecture turned into a time traveling fiasco.

PreviousChapters Next