• Published 9th Jun 2017
  • 1,595 Views, 46 Comments

The Princess of Nature - Pinkie Pie Sweets



The girls meet a new alicorn who never see other ponies, can the girls help her feel welcome

  • ...
6
 46
 1,595

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 19: Friends Bonding

At Ponyville, Twilight and the others are finally finish with Tiger Lily's new house. They even double check to make sure all of Tiger Lily's belonging are put to their proper places. They all think they have done a fine job on the house and able to put some things that Tiger Lily might like.

Right now, Twilight and the others are having a picnic lunch outside of the house. After working on the house for a few weeks, they are feeling hungry and a bit tired.

"Tiger Lily's house is finally finished," Twilight declares.

"I agree. It looks lovely," Fluttershy says with a calm smile.

"I think it suits her quite well," Rarity replies.

Then Applejack happily says, "Yep. We sure have done a good job on it."

"Now, all we have to do is wait until Tiger Lily and Rainbow Dash gets back from the Wonderbolt show," Twilight adds.

"I wonder how Tiger Lily handling being in a big city like Manhattan?" Applejack asks while having her apple juice.

"I think she's doing fine Applejack. She's certainly starting to open up since she met us," Rarity answers.

Twilight giggles a bit and happily says, "And know Pinkie, she's going to throw Tiger Lily to a finished house party and a house welcome party."

Spike looks around and can see that Pinkie isn't around. They know she's supposed to be here.

Spike questionably asks, "By the way where is Pinkie, anyway."

"Right here!" Pinkie happily screams behind Twilight.

Twilight and the others yelp and screams in surprise. Even though Pinkie can be random, there are some stuff they can't figure out, like how she get to a location so fast.

Twilight turns to Pinkie and shockley says, "Pinkie, stop doing that!"

"Oh sorry, but I rushed over because I just got a letter from Rainbow Dash," Pinkie replies while holding a letter.

"Cool," Spike says in excitement.

Pinkie nods her head and says, "Yep a roonie. I thought it will be a great idea for all of use to read it together."

"And have some cupcakes too," Pinkie adds while holding a plate of cupcakes.

Spike grabs a cupcake and says, "I could go for one right about now."

"Oh Spike," Twilight says while rolling her eyes.

"Okay so let's see what's the letter says," Twilight says as she levitates the letter to her.

Twilight levitates the letter to her and opens it. The girls and Spike gather around Twilight so they can see and hear what Twilight is reading on the letter.

Twilight looks at the letter and reads the letter out loud saying, "

Dear girls,

How are you all doing and how is Tiger Lily's house going? In Manehattan, Tiger Lily and I were having a great time. When we first got here, the others and I found out that her dad was a Wonderbolt named Sonic Boom and he was one of the best. However, things almost turned bad when, Wind Rider dropped barrels all over and I broke my wing, but Tiger Lily was able to fill in for me. You all should have seen it, she was amazing and definitely Wonderbolt material. That's also because her dad taught how to fly and perform a lot of his trick. She was able to help with my wing will need to be off of it for a while. Hope to hear from you soon and we'll be back very soon

Your Friend,

Rainbow Dash"

After reading the letter, Twilight and the others are surprised to read what the letter is saying. Then again some parts of the letter explain some of the belonging that she has.

Pinkie surprisingly says, "Tiger Lily's dad was a Wonderbolt!"

"That would explain the old uniform she has with her belongings," Fluttershy replies feeling confused.

"I can't believe Wind Rider would do something like this. He still couldn't have gotten over what happen back at Canterlot," Rarity says sounding very upset.

Applejack turns to Rarity and says, "Yeah. I remember you and Rainbow tellin us about that little incident."

"I guess some ponies have trouble of letting go of the past," Twilight says.

"I agree. Remember with Trixie and the alicorn amulet," Spike clarifies.

Pinkie sticks out her tongue and says, "Blech! Don't remind me. She took away my mouth and I was unable to talk for like a whole day."

"I remember," Twilight replies.

"And I don't think I want another repeat," Applejack replies sounding annoyed.

Then Twilight says, "Don't worry girls, I'm sure that someday the ponies who we were up against will be able to change their ways, someday."

"I hope so. The last thing we need is another problem with ponies from our past," Applejack says looking a bit frustrated.

"You could say that again," Spike replies.

But Twilight calmly says, "Now now, I know we had our… problems with some ponies in the past, but as long as we try our best to help other ponies, I'm sure we can help them turn their lives around."

The girls along with Spike agree with Twilight's decision and think it will be best to try and help the ponies as good as they can. After their conversation, they decide to enjoy their lunch and then get back to their daily routine. Since, they have finished getting Tiger Lily's house ready for her, they are able to make sure it's nice and clean for her.

Back at Manehattan, Tiger Lily and Rainbow Dash are spending their last day in the big city. Today, Rainbow Dash is taking Tiger Lily to the fashion district in order to visit an old friend of Rarity's. Plus, she promise Rarity to check and see how she is doing with the park and her fashion career.

Tiger Lily is a bit confused and can see that this part of Manehattan is different from the big city. It seems to be more calmer and more peaceful. Even though there are many ponies around it seems to be a nice and quiet town, well most of the time.

Tiger Lily turns to Rainbow and asks, "So Rainbow, what is this place and where are we going?"

"This is the small town across of Manehattan, it's counts as the Hay Packing and the fashion district," Rainbow explains.

"Sounds like something Rarity would like," Tiger Lily replies.

"Yeah. She's been here a few times," Rainbow says.

"But why are we here?" Tiger Lily asks.

"Rarity wants me to check on a friend of hers, and see how it's going for her and the park," Rainbow answers.

"Who is that?" Tiger Lily asks.

"An earth mare named Coco. She's a fashion designer just like Rarity and she lives around here," Rainbow answers.

Tiger Lily looks a bit curious and says, "So she designs clothes too."

"Yep," Rainbow answers.

After some time walking down the city, Rainbow Dash and Tiger Lily made it to the fashion district of Manehattan. Tiger Lily is very amazed to see that this part of Manehattan looks a bit different from the large city. She then remembers this is part of it. After some time, Rainbow Dash and Tiger Lily are at the apartment building where Coco lives. After that, they both reach Coco's apartment door.

Rainbow knocks on the door and Coco's voice asks, "Who is it?"

"Hey Coco. It's me, Rainbow Dash and I brought someone for you to meet," Rainbow Dash answers.

The door opens and Coco seems happy to see Rainbow Dash. She remember the last time she has seen Rainbow is at the fashion contest during fashion week.

Coco says, "Hello Rainbow Dash. It's very nice to meet you again."

"It's great too," Rainbow Dash replies."

"You also said you have someone for me to meet?" Coco questionably says.

Rainbow shows Tiger Lily to Coco. Coco is surprised to see that the new friend Rainbow want's to show her is an alicorn.

Coco surprisingly says, "Wow Rainbow! I… I never expected your new friend to be another princess."

"I'm… not a princess," Tiger Lily shyly replies.

Coco starts to get confused about what Tiger Lily said. She thinks if she's not a princess, then why is she's an alicorn.

Rainbow breaks the silence and says, "It's true she may not be a princess, she is an alicorn. Coco, this is my new friend, Tiger Lily. Tiger Lily, this is one of Rarity's friend, Coco Pommel.

Tiger Lily comes up to Coco and shyly says, "Um, hello. It's very nice to meet you."

Coco smiles and says, "Hello Tiger Lily, it's very nice to meet you too."

"Why don't you both come in and we can have some tea," Coco adds with a smile.

"Okay," Rainbow replies.

After getting inside of the apartment, Coco has made some tea and some cakes for her and her guests. During the time, Rainbow Dash and Tiger Lily explain to Coco about their time since Tiger Lily comes to live in Ponyville and the time she has in Canterlot.

Coco pours the tea pot to the cups, and says, "I see, so Tiger Lily hadn't been around other ponies her whole life,"

"Sounds heard to believe, huh," Rainbow remarks.

"It is. I have to say, you sure were able to do fine while traveling alone," Coco replies sounds a bit surprised.

Tiger Lily blushes and says, "Part of this is than to my animal friends on the way."

"You know. I've been hearing that this special alicorn did a beautiful performance at the Grand Galloping Gala," Coco replies.

"Yep. that was Tiger Lily," Rainbow Dash says.

Coco smiles and says, "I heard your dance was very wonderful."

"Thank you," Tiger Lily replies with a small smile.

Rainbow Dash can see that Tiger Lily is still feeling shy, but still opening up to seeing Coco. Like before, the more Tiger Lily interacts with other ponies, the less shy she feels. However, she still feels a bit shy and nervous around meeting new ponies.

Then Rainbow Dash asks, "By the way Coco, did you see the Wonderbolt Show."

"I did. The show was amazing. I even say a Wonderbolt Member I didn't even recognizes," Coco answers and says.

She then looks at Rainbow with a confused look and says, "But I didn't see you there, Rainbow."

"Well, there was in incident over there, so I wasn't able to fly. Spitfire and I agree that Tiger Lily was able to take my place," Rainbow sadly explains.

"You did?!" Coco surprisingly asks while looking at Tiger Lily.

Tiger Lily cheeks start to blush and answers, "I did."

"Yeah. I even found out that her dad was Sonic Boom, one of the best Wonderbolts," Rainbow adds in excitement.

"Really!" Coco says with amazement.

"Yes. However, my did told me he done a lot of flying when we was young, but never told me about him being a Wonderbolt," Tiger Lily answers shyly.

Coco giggles a bit and says, "I guess the reason why is because he doesn't want too much attention."

"Maybe," Rainbow replies.

Then Rainbow asks, "By the way, Rarity wanted me to check to see how you are doing, and to see how the park is going."

"The park is looking better than before. The ponies were able to help me clean up the park and we're going to start making a garden next week," Coco explains with a smile.

"I think a garden sounds nice, "Tiger Lily replies.

"Yeah. I can guess the ponies are able to do better with the community," Rainbow says.

"Yeah. It's been going great so far. I was hoping to invite you to next year's play," Coco says.

"Sure. I'm sure Tiger Lily would love to see it too," Rainbow says.

Tiger Lily smiles and says, "I would like to see it."

"Great," Coco says with glee.

After having their talk and their conversation, Rainbow Dash and Tiger Lily say their goodbye to Coco and leave back to the hotel. Since it's their last day in Manehattan, they need to pack their things so they can get ready to head back to Ponyville in the morning.

Later in the night, Rainbow Dash and the other Wonderbolts who are staying are fast asleep for the night. However, Tiger Lily is the only one who is not sleeping. In fact, Tiger Lily is having so much sleeping that she decides to take a walk for a while.

As Tiger Lily walks around the hotel, she look to see that the ponies are still up and about. Tiger Lily feels like she can go outside for some air. She goes outside onto the balcony to look out in the stars and the moon.

Tiger Lily looks up in the stars and says to herself, "Mom. Dad. I hope you are watching me."

"Ever since you two were gone, I hadn't been able to come near anypony. But now that I meet Princess Twilight and her friends, I've been able to open up to other ponies. I had a wonderful time and ended up going on wonderful adventures," Tiger Lily adds while looking at the stars.

Just then, Tiger Lily starts to shed tears in her eyes as she sadly says, "I… I really miss you. I wish you can be there… with me."

Tiger Lily start to cry. She really miss her parents so much and wish they can be with her and her new friends she has made. She then starts to remember the time she has with her parents when they uses to be alive. They have a wonderful time together, playing games, practicing flying and magic, go exploring in the woods and feeding the animals, and get to stay up late watching the night sky and stars, along with getting up early to watch the sun rise. Remember the times with her parents is making her feel worse.

Her tears has been interrupted when a familiar voice says, "Tiger Lily, what are you doing out here?"

Tiger Lily turns around to see who is calling her. The pony behind her is Spitfire the captain of the Wonderbolts team.

Tiger Lily wipes the tears from her eyes and sadly says, "Hi Spitfire. What are you doing here?"

"Looking for you," Spitfire answers looking concern.

Spitfire walks up to her and explains, "Rainbow Dash noticed that you were gone so we all went looking for you."

"I'm… I'm sorry to make you worry," Tiger Lily sadly replies.

"It's okay. From the looks of it, you kind of need time to yourself," Spitfire replies.

Tiger Lily sighs and sadly says, " I guess I did. I just miss my parents. It feels empty sometimes."

"I understand. You wish your parents are here," Spitfire says.

Tiger Lily nods her head with sadness.

"I understand that losing your parents must be really painful, but I'm sure you're parents wouldn't want you to feel like this or wishing for them to be here," Spitfire explains.

"You think so?" Tiger Lily asks.

Spitfire says, "I may not be one hundred percent sure about that, but I'm sure they just want you to be happy."

"Thank Spitfire. I'm sorry that I worried you," Tiger Lily replies.

"That's okay. I'm sure Rainbow and the others would understand. Now let's get some shut eye. We need to head back home in the morning," Spitfire says.

Tiger Lily nods her head and says, "Okay."

After heading inside, Spitfire explains to the other what is going on and they can understand that Tiger Lily still has some hardship. Seeing that the problem has been settled, they all gone back to their hotel rooms and get some sleep. Tiger Lily knows that the incident is still going to be on her mind, but she's going to try and be strong about it. She then know that she has made more friends and hope to make some more soon.

Author's Note:

Next time: The girls show Tiger Lily her new house.

PreviousChapters Next