• Published 9th Jun 2017
  • 1,595 Views, 46 Comments

The Princess of Nature - Pinkie Pie Sweets



The girls meet a new alicorn who never see other ponies, can the girls help her feel welcome

  • ...
6
 46
 1,595

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 29: Time Travel Mayhem Part 1

After traveling through the portal, opens up and Twilight, Tiger Lily, and Spike land on the ground. Then the portal closes right after. They all look around to see they are not in the castle anymore. This place looks unfamiliar to Tiger Lily, but it is familiar to Twilight Sparkle and Spike.

"Cloudsdale? Why did Starlight came here?" Spike asks

"Who knows?" Twilight replies looking unsure.

Just as they look around, a small filly flies right past them at top speed, causing The two alicorns and little dragon to see her.

Twilight recognize the filly and asks with a confused look, "Is it that me or does that look like Rainbow Dash?"

"Yeah, but younger?" Spike replies looking confused.

"And it doesn't look like she has a cutie mark?" Tiger Lily says.

Twilight scaredly says as Spike takes out his binoculars, "You don't think…"

"We traveled back in time to when Rainbow Dash raced the bullies who made fun of Fluttershy and performed her first sonic rainboom?" Spike suspects.

"Spike, only Star Swirl the Bearded could do something like that, and even his spell just went back a week! How could Starlight do more than the greatest wizard in Equestria?" Twilight says thinking this is impossible.

Hearing this Tiger Lily says with wide eyes and a surprised expression on her face, "Wait did you say Starlight?"

"Yes? Why?" Twilight asks looking confused.

Tiger Lily starts to feel nervous and asks, "She wouldn't have a purple star with two blue shimmering stream for a cutie mark?"

"How did you know that?" Spike asks.

"I've met her while we were at the school the other day, and seen her earlier today," Tiger Lily explains.

"You met her?!" Twilight and Spike shockley exclaims.

Tiger Lily nods her head and says, "Yes. We talked and played and we had so much fun, but what in Equestria is Starlight doing? And does this paper I found is the reason how she did it?"

Tiger Lily levitates the paper towards Twilight. Twilight uncrumpled the paper to see what it is. To her shock, she knows what Starlight has and how she is able to do it.

"Star Swirl's spell! Oh, no!" Twilight scaredly exclaims .

"What are we going to do?" Tiger Lily asks.

Spike grabs his backpack and says, "Come on, let's go!"

"Go where?" Twilight asks.

"To watch the race. I don't wanna miss the rainboom! Whoa!" Spike answers with excitement.

Twilight turns to Tiger Lily and says, "You better hide Tiger Lily, I don't want you getting in the middle of it."

"But Twilight, how did you know Starlight?" Tiger Lily asks.

Twilight sighs sadly because she has to explain to Tiger Lily what is going on.

Twilight explains, "My friends and I went to her village where everypony had the same cutie mark. She manage to take ours. When we came to the village everypony seem to be happy, and we realized that some of the ponies what their cutie marks back, but with Starlight in charge, there's no chance of getting. We also found out Starlight has her cutie mark the whole time, and manipulated and lied to other ponies just to prove that cutie marks are nothing but trouble. After exposing her everypony was upset with her. We tried to explain to her that being different is what helps friendship, but was too caught up in the desire to listen."

Tiger Lily is very shocked to hear this. Starlight seems very nice, and has no clue Starlight has done something that… mean. She is also wonder why she's never mention it to her.

"I… I had no idea Starlight was in that kind of situation, and why she didn't tell me about it, then we could have talk about it. But when I was with her she seems so nice and told me about her interest. I wish I knew why she thinks cutie marks are bad," Tiger Lily says looking so dad.

"I wish I knew. Now you better go hide. I don't want Starlight to see you," Twilight replies.

Tiger Lily nods her head and decide to hide herself in on one of the clouds, but able to move so she can see the race. She becomes fascinated to see Rainbow Dash racing these two colts, and she's going very fast. However, she look to see someone is hiding in a different cloud. She can see Starlight Glimmer, and then uses her magic to blast Rainbow Dash causing her to fall down, and heading straight to the ground. To her shock and quick action, Tiger Lily flies as fast as she can and catches the young Rainbow Dash. She then places the young filly on the cloud she's at to check if she's okay.

Tiger Lily asks, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah. Thanks to you, you saved me," the young Rainbow Dash replies.

"I'm glad I can help," Tiger Lily replies.

The young Rainbow Dash looks at her with curiosity and asks, "So where did you come from. I thought Princess Celestia is the only alicorn around?"

"Well, it's a long story, but let's just says I came from somewhere far away," Tiger Lily answers, but not giving her the whole story.

Then Tiger Lily says, "I kind of need to get going, so make sure you do well with your flying, and… I think it will be a good idea to get your wing checked. I think it's sprain when you were hit."

Young Rainbow Dash looks at her wing to see that Tiger Lily is right. She tries to fly, but it kind of hurts, and thinks she should go the nurse office to get it checked out.

Following Tiger Lily advice, she nods her head and says, "Okay. Sure I kind of lost the race, but thank for saving me and for the advice."

"You're welcome, but remember to do good with your flying, listen to your teacher, and always do your best." Tiger Lily replies with a smile.

"You got it," Young Rainbow Dash says.

She then looks around and aks, "But how am I supposed to get to the office if I can't fly."

"I can take you there myself," Tiger Lily suggests.

The filly, Rainbow Dash smiles after hearing it. After getting the young Rainbow Dash to the nurse's office, Tiger Lily leave to go find Twilight. When she find her, she can't see that she and Spike are with Starlight on one of the could. Tiger Lily is hoping to get some answers, but remember to hide herself so Starlight doesn't see her. She decides to hid in the cloud but moves it so she can get a closer look. When she reach them, she can hear their conversation.

"What did you do?" Twilight angrily asks.

With a smirk on her face, Starlight answers, "You are about to find out."

Just then a portal opens up above them, and Twilight and Spike are about to be sucked in.

Desperate to save her friends, she calls out "Twilight!"

"Tiger Lily!" Starlight says looking shocked.

Seeing the portal sucking Twilight and Spike in there, Starlight realizes that if Tiger Lily get's too close she'll get sucked in too.

Starlight panicky screams, "Tiger Lily, stay away!"

Tiger Lily stops in her track, but it's too late, she's been caught in the portal's vortex.

"Tiger Lily, fly as hard as you can!" Starlight calls out.

Trying to fly Tiger Lily screadly says, "I… I can't!"

Tiger Lily isn't able to fly any longer, so she ends up being sucked into the portal. Then the portal closes right behind them. Starlight is shocked to see that the friend she has made is sucked into her plan, and into this mess. She knows that Twilight will find a way to get back, but when she doesn't, she needs to make sure she doesn't get herself into trouble. Later on, Twilight, Spike, and Tiger Lily fallen out of the portal and land on the ground. They are able to get up, but still a bit wobbly after the landing.

Tiger Lily looks around and ask, "Where are we?"

"It looks like Ponyville, but it doesn't look good," Spike answers looking a bit concern.

Then Twilight suggests, "We should look around and figure this out."

"But what about the map?" Spike asks.

"I don't think we can move it. We should leave it here to be sure," Twilight suggests.

With that, they walk around to see if they can find their friends for help. Their trouble has become serious when they can see that Ponyville is looking deserted. A lot of places are boarded up and are closed for some reason or another.

Tiger Lily looks to see one of the stores she knows and says, "Sugar Cube Corner is closed."

"And so is Carousel Boutique," Spike adds looking very sad.

Twilight sighs and says, "Guess our friends are not around here. Maybe we can see anyone is at Sweet Apple Acres."

After some time walking down Ponyville, they can see that Sweet Apple Acres is not the same place they know anymore. When they look through the window, the barn has been made into something like a factory, and are putting apples in cans after they are smashed. They know this place is not the Ponyville they know anymore.

Twilight says, "It seems somepony lives at Sweet Apple Acres, but it looks different."

"I don't think I like this and…" Tiger Lily nervously replies, but bumps into someone.

Tiger Lily feels bad about it and says, "I'm sorry I… I didn't mean to bump into you like that."

"That's okay, but what are you y'all doing here?" A familiar voice replies.

Tiger Lily looks up to see a pony who is very familiar to them. They can see Applejack, who is wearing a black suit, and has her mane and tail in braids being hold by red hair bands, and wearing a hairnet.

"Applejack?!" The group shockley replies.

"Applejack, it's so good to see you," Twilight said with a smile.

Applejack looks a bit confused and asks, "Uh, do I know you cause I don't remember,"

"Of course you know us," Twilight answers.

Then Tiger Lily asks, "Applejack do you know where Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity are right now?"

Applejack think about it and answers, "Well, I don't know anypony by those names, except Rarity, but she left to Manehattan a long time ago."

"To be a famous designer," Spike suggests.

"No, to help out with the cause," Applejack firmly answers.

"Cause for what?" Twilight asks.

Applejack looks away with a sad look and says, "The cause for a war against King Sombra and his shadow army."

"What?!" Twilight and Spike shockley exclaims with horrors.

"King Sombra?!" Tiger Lily sacredly replies..

She gulps nervously and asks, "Who that?"

Looking confused, Applejack asks, "Where have y'all been?"

"It's a long story. One thing we can tell you that we came from a different time plane and we're all friends with you," Twilight explains.

"We can show you about it, and how we got here, but can you also tell us what's going on," Tiger Lily replies.

Applejack nods her head and says, "Sure, but you need to make it quick cause we supposed to have a very important delivery sent out tomorrow."

"Promise," Tiger Lily replies.

"So think y'all can to explain to me about this, cause it sounds like y'all are in a sticky situation," Applejack says.

As they walk back towards the map, Twilight, Spike, and Tiger Lily explain to Applejack how they get here and what's her relationship with them are. They even explain to them about Starlight Glimmer and what she's doing. When they reach the map, they are just finished explaining to them about the situation.

"And that's how we got here?" Spike finishes the story.

After hearing this Applejack is astonished and shocked about hearing it, but can tell that they are honest about it.

"Well, all be," Applejack says looking shocked.

Then Twilight asks, "Think you can explain to us what's going on?"

"Yeah, what happened here?" Spike adds.

Like she promised, Applejack starts to explain her story and says, "It all started when King Sombra and the Crystal Empire returned after a thousand of years, but it didn't stop there cause Sombra was able to release an army all over Equestria. Princess Celestia and any pony who volunteered or had been called to help out with the war, had to do what it takes to stop him. Rarity left to Manehattan to help out create clothes and other kind of material to help with the battle. As King Sombra's power grow stronger, black crystals began to appear all over Equestria."

"And the war is still going, isn't it?" Tiger Lily sadly asks.

Applejack nods her head with a sad look and answers."Yes,"

"This is impossible, back at my time we defeated King Sombra a long time ago, and we're we're friends," Twilight says still confused and worried abou this?

"How were you able to defeat him before?" Tiger Lily asks.

Twilight turns to Tiger Lily, and explains, "My friends and I were able to find the Crystal heart, and the love and light from the empire were able to destroy him."

"And don't forget I was a big here then," Spike says with pride.

Tiger Lily gulps nervously and says, "He sounds really scary."

"Yeah. Even though we're not friends here, I can see you are very close," Applejack replies, but she is showing a friendly smile.

"Thanks for giving us the information we needed," Twilight replies.

"No problem. I need to get going. Good luck," Applejack says,a dn then she starts to head back home to work.

The three friends say, "Bye."

Applejack simply waves back and then head back home. When she's gone, Twilight and the others decide to discuss about the situation. This situation has them a bit puzzles, and how it happened is even more puzzling.

Tiger Lily looks a bit sad and says, "Who know that changing one piece of the past could cause so much trouble."

"What we can do?" Spike asks.

Twilight thinks about this as she says, "Well, let's take note of what we saw while we were in Cloudsdale."

With that, the three friend start to think about what they seen when they are in Cloudsdale.

Spike remembers and says, "Well Rainbow Dash was racing the bullies to defend Fluttershy,"

"But before the sonic rainboom, Starlight hit Rainbow with her magic, and then I save her," Tiger Lily adds.

Twilight looks at Tiger Lily with a confused look and asks, "You saved her?"

"Yes. I think Starlight's magic sprained her wing, so I decided to take her to the nurse's office," Tiger Lily explains.

"That's goob, but it must have added more changes to the time stream,"Spike replies..

"Sorry," Tiger Lily says feeling bad for doing that.

Twilight smiles and says, "That's okay, you were trying to help, but i'll bet that's what we need to do. We need to make sure the sonic rainboom happen. Since that's part of the reason we became friends with each other, I'll bet if we stop Starlight from tampering with time, we save the future."

"But how are we going to get back to the past in Cloudsdale," Tiger Lily asks.

"I can copy the spell and we'll be back in no time," Twilight suggests.

Twilight then uses her magic to cast the same spell Twilight uses on the map. The spell causes the magic to open, and are sucked into the portal. In no time they are back at Cloudsdale. Now all they have to do is find Starlight, and get to stop tampering time. But before they can do anything, A Blast of magic manage to hit Twilight and Spike, but not Tiger Lily. Instead it causes her to be scared and hide at another cloud, but still remain close. As she hides behind the cloud, she can see Starlighting using her magic to float and showing an evil smirk on her face.

Tiger Lily can hear Starlight says, "Well, finding her will be easy! But stopping her's gonna be harder than you think. Sorry to disappoint you, but I created that spell to send myself back in time. So even when you cast it, I still get sent back here. It wasn't difficult to change Star Swirl's spell. He'd already done the hard part. But figuring out I could use the map to go to any time or place and pull you along with me? I even impressed myself with that. I knew you'd try to stop me. You're so predictable. Why else would I leave the scroll behind? Touching it triggered the map to whisk you here and watch me erase the one thing that linked you with your friends! My village was a sanctuary of equality, where no pony's cutie mark allowed them to feel superior! It was a special place, and you and your friends took it away!"

Tiger Lily is shocked to hear Starlight saying all this. She wonder how could the pony she knows could act so mean. She is starting to wonder why she thinks cutie marks are bad, and wonder if something must have happened to her that involves it. One thing she does know that if she, Twilight, and Spike don't stop her, the future is not going to end good for everypony.

She then hears Straight says, "Now it's my turn to take something special from you! Without the rainboom, you and your friends will never form your special cutie mark bonds! Cutie marks for cutie marks! Sounds like a fair trade to me!"

Starlight then beats on the crystal that Twilight and Spike are trapped in, and leave them to do another tampering. Instead of going after Starlight, she decides to try and find a way to get Twilight and Spike out. She manages to levitates the crystal, even if it is really heavy for her to carry. Just then Twilight uses her magic to shatter the crystal, but she, Spike, and the shattered pieces are still caught in Tiger Lily's magic.

Tiger Lily asks, "Are you two okay?"

"Yeah. We're just glad you didn't get caught either," Twilight replies.

Then Twilight says, "But we better get going. Yous stay here in case Starlight comes back,"

"Right, but there's another thing," Tiger Lily says.

"What's that?" Spike asks.

"Isn't that Starlight talking to the filly version of Fluttershy and the two colts who are picking on her over there," Tiger Lily replies as she points her hooves to the direction.

Twilight and Spike look over there to see that Tiger Lily is right. With that, Twilight rushes over then with Spike on her back. Sadly she can see Twilight and Spike are too late. They can't stop Starlight from changing this event, and see the three little ponies are starting to be nice to each other. Seeing Fluttershy, she can see that she reminds Tiger Lily of herself when she's that age, and can be very shy sometimes. She then ntoice the young Rainbow Dash to see she is all alone, but has a bit of an idea. It will be different and may be helpful to Starlight, but it seems to be the right thing to do.

She flies over to the young Rainbow Dash and says, "Hi."

The young Rainbow Dash looks at her with a confused look and says, "Hi."

"What's wrong, you look a bit lonely?" Tiger Lily asks.

"Well, I was flying by myself, and seeing my friend being bullied like that I wanted to help, but a big pony was able to fix it. I just feeling a bit bad that I wasn't able to help Fluttershy," The young pony explains.

Tiger Lily can understand. Since she's been living with Twilight and friends, she can see a friend in trouble by now. Since Starlight is able to stop the bullying, Rainbow thinks there's no point on helping Fluttershy anymore. Just then tiger Lily has an idea, and it might work out for them.

"Maybe you can come with me. I think I know another way you can help your friend. By the way my name is Tiger Lily," Tiger Lily replies.

"Names Rainbow Dash," Rainbow replies.

Getting Rainbow's permission, Tiger Lily takes her to see Fluttershy and the two young colts. When she reaches them, she can see Starlight and Twilight talking to each other. She doesn't like to interrupt, but feels that Rainbow's friendship with Fluttershy kind of depend on her speaking up.

Tiger Lily takes a deep breath and says, "Um excuse me, is it alright if I can speak to you three young ponies."

The conversation has been interrupted and they all look to see Tiger Lily with the young Rainbow Dash. Starlight, Twilight, and Spike are confused to know what is going on, and what she's doing with the young Rainbow Dash.

Twilight asks, "Uh Tiger Lily, what are doing?"

"Helping the young ponies get along and help create friendship," Tiger Lily say.

"If you say so," Starlight replies looking confused.

Tiger Lily takes little Rainbow Dash to Fluttershy and the two colts. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash smiles seeing each other, and are glad.

Then Tiger Lily says, "Listen, I understand that you seem to have a bit of a disagreement about Fluttershy's flying, right."

"Yes," the young ponies reply.

"I also understand that my friend was able to explain to you boy on how bullying is not very nice, and you should treat ponies how they want to be treated," Tiger Lily adds.

"Yes," the colts say.

She then turns to Rainbow and says, "And Rainbow you said that you want to help Fluttershy."

"Yeah," the young Rainbow Dash replies.

Then Tiger Lily says, "Well, maybe there's a way that you three can help Fluttershy with her flying abilities, but remember, Fluttershy learns at her own pace and needs time."

"How can we do that?" One of the young colts asks.

"You three can take turns teach her or do it together or Fluttershy can see you three fly or race while flying, so that way she can gain some tips. It's the same thing that I did when I had struggle flying."

"Really, but you're an alicorn," Fluttershy says looking amazed.

Tiger Lily smiles a bit and says, "That maybe true, but when I was your age I had trouble flying too, but I learned how to fly from my father, and some of my animal friends. Some of them even do races to teach me to fly fast. If you learned from the your friends, then you can fly too, and find your own way to fly along the way."

"Thank you," the young Fluttershy replies.

The the other young colt says, "Maybe the three of us can race and show Fluttershy how amazing flying can be."

"You're on," The young Rainbow Dash says.

Young Rainbow Dash and the two young colts help Fluttershy with her flying as they are heading to the race track. Tiger Lily feel proud of herself to see the young ponies getting along with each other.

Starlight walks over to her and says, "Wow Tiger Lily, you did a better job than I could."

"It may not be the way it happend, but glad to see you care for them," Twilight adds actually agreeing with Starlight.

"Thanks," Tiger Lily says with a smile.

Just then the portal starts to open, and it ends up sucking Twilight and Spike again. Before Tiger Lily can be sucked in, Starlight uses her magic to get herself and Tiger Lily out of the way. When they reach to a good distance location, the portal closes itself. Tiger Lily does appreciate the help, but worried on what kind of time stream can Twilight and Spike can be in now.

Tiger Lily turns to Starlight and says, "Uh, Starlight, I think we need to talk about this time traveling idea of yours."

"Uh, sure," Starlight replies.

With that, Starlight and Tiger Lily find a good place to talk abou this. Tiger Lily hops that she can convince Starlight to stop this before it gets out of hoof for all of them. She is hoping Twilight and Spike will be alright, and will find their way back here again.

Author's Note:

I did some alterations, and added a few things, but to make sure it's good for the climax.

Part Two is coming up.

PreviousChapters Next